Ronnie Mac sold 12 grand in t shirts at Straight Rhythm

BobbyM
11/27/2017 7:45am
Motoxdoc wrote:
I think the point everybody is missing here is how hard it is to believe that Ronnie Mac sold $12,000 worth of t-shirts. Nobody is questioning...
I think the point everybody is missing here is how hard it is to believe that Ronnie Mac sold $12,000 worth of t-shirts. Nobody is questioning DMXS's number that they threw out?
colintrax wrote:
Assuming $20 a shirt that's 600 shirts. I don't think the $12000 is profit, but total sales.
Very plausible
PFitzG38 wrote:
I don't believe he signed 600 autographs let alone sold 600 shits. Even if he did sign 600 autographs that would mean at least every single...
I don't believe he signed 600 autographs let alone sold 600 shits. Even if he did sign 600 autographs that would mean at least every single person who got one bought a shirt too. You guys who beleive this are saps!!
Dmxs are great people.. Why would they lie dipshit?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
11/27/2017 7:58am
Well looks like Ronnie Mac was on to something.

JBlain619
11/27/2017 10:46am Edited Date/Time 11/27/2017 10:46am
It's a 100 percent true , sold tees and hats until he ran out . Proof that people would rather support their favorite riders directly The...
It's a 100 percent true , sold tees and hats until
he ran out . Proof that people would rather support their favorite riders directly

The riders could probably revoke the rights of anyone selling their likeness . If every rider did that , that would be a start .
mauidex wrote:
Im not sure how it is now but think its the same..........for a fact in the 90's the rider signed those "rider likeness' rights away at...
Im not sure how it is now but think its the same..........for a fact in the 90's the rider signed those "rider likeness' rights away at sign up for the event in SX and MX............read the fine printWhistlingWhistling
You actually sign away to your likeness when you fill out your pro license application each year.
deluxeman
11/27/2017 11:19am
MX/SX is kind of behind the times in the swag sales dept at the races. NHRA/NASCAR heck even the local stock car toilet bowl racers have a better merch setup than SX/MX. I wanted a Ryan Dungey hat at RedBud this year. All they had was some cheesey assed flat bill hipster looking crap. Every trailer was selling the same tired old crap. You go to a NASCAR race and there are trailers full of crap to waste your money on. MotoSport either needs to do a royalty deal with the teams/riders or get some new stuff to sell. It would be nice if the OEM's brought in new bikes to crawl over or at least let local dealers bring bikes in to sell/show.

I go to the races for an experience, swag can be part of that experience. Looking at new stuff is also part of the experience. At RedBud you can eat some crappy food, look at the same Tee shirt in 10 different trailers or get stupid drunk and scream endlessly all day long. Oh yeah there are a few races that day too.

We deserve better for our money, but how can we get them to change? That's the question, bitching on the interwebs probably isn't going to do it.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
11/27/2017 11:34am
scott_nz wrote:
they sold alot of free j law t shirts for a couple of months as well,
Free J Law t-shirts were not free.
Motoxdoc
11/27/2017 1:04pm
colintrax wrote:
Assuming $20 a shirt that's 600 shirts. I don't think the $12000 is profit, but total sales.
Very plausible
PFitzG38 wrote:
I don't believe he signed 600 autographs let alone sold 600 shits. Even if he did sign 600 autographs that would mean at least every single...
I don't believe he signed 600 autographs let alone sold 600 shits. Even if he did sign 600 autographs that would mean at least every single person who got one bought a shirt too. You guys who beleive this are saps!!
BobbyM wrote:
Dmxs do seem like great people. How in the hell would PFitzG38 know why Dmxs lied?....Can YOU tell us why Dmxs said Ronnie Mac sold $12000 in T-shirts at the RBSR? (I didn't actually hear it, I just read about it here. My guess is they were joking) Why does anybody lie? Why would someone insult someone else for not believing in what APPEARS to be a lie? Do YOU think Ronnie sold $12000 worth of T-shirts (during the ENTIRE time since his inception, let alone in one afternoon)?....Just asking, not insulting or cum chuggling.Dry
TomZ
Fantasy
4294th
11/27/2017 1:29pm
It's a 100 percent true , sold tees and hats until he ran out . Proof that people would rather support their favorite riders directly The...
he ran out . Proof that people would rather support their favorite riders directly

The riders could probably revoke the rights of anyone selling their likeness . If every rider did that , that would be a start .
PFitzG38 wrote:
I'm sure you sign that right away at your first race. Don't you agree?
PFitz - When you were at RBSR did you notice the line for autographs ? Did you take note of how many were buying shirts and hats ?

Last thing.......do you have any idea who you are taunting ? Do you know therealhammer ?

11/27/2017 1:50pm Edited Date/Time 11/27/2017 2:09pm

PFitzG38 wrote:
I'm sure you sign that right away at your first race. Don't you agree?
TomZ wrote:
PFitz - When you were at RBSR did you notice the line for autographs ? Did you take note of how many were buying shirts and...
PFitz - When you were at RBSR did you notice the line for autographs ? Did you take note of how many were buying shirts and hats ?

Last thing.......do you have any idea who you are taunting ? Do you know therealhammer ?

Besides, if there is demand for it, a rider/performer can move way bigger numbers of merch at an event than the number for autographs. Autographs can only be signed by a single person, usually with a time-constrained schedule. Merch can be moved all day long by any number of helpers.
deluxeman
11/27/2017 2:05pm
If those shirts were $25.00 that's only 480 shirts. If the crowd really was 55,000 that is .008% of the crowd bought a Ronnie Mac shirt. Sounds pretty plausible to me. Even at $20.00 per shirt that's .0109% of the spectators bought one again pretty plausible.

I think the guy could easily sell 600 shirts, he is a spectacle and a novelty. People will jump on that bandwagon all day long. Good for him if he can capitalize on his 15 minutes of fame, or however long he can keep up this act. You have to make hay while the sun shines.
BobbyM
11/27/2017 2:22pm
PFitzG38 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
Motoxdoc wrote:
Dmxs do seem like great people. How in the hell would PFitzG38 know why Dmxs lied?....Can YOU tell us why Dmxs said Ronnie Mac sold $12000...
Dmxs do seem like great people. How in the hell would PFitzG38 know why Dmxs lied?....Can YOU tell us why Dmxs said Ronnie Mac sold $12000 in T-shirts at the RBSR? (I didn't actually hear it, I just read about it here. My guess is they were joking) Why does anybody lie? Why would someone insult someone else for not believing in what APPEARS to be a lie? Do YOU think Ronnie sold $12000 worth of T-shirts (during the ENTIRE time since his inception, let alone in one afternoon)?....Just asking, not insulting or cum chuggling.Dry
STFU you quack
kkawboy14
11/27/2017 2:28pm
I don’t care if he sold 3 or 3000, if he made $5 or $50,000. The guy is doing his deal.
Rhino
11/27/2017 2:55pm
Just listen to the episode with Decoster and Pingree. It's in the intro part before Roger.
After, they talk about the same things brought up in this thread.
Izer and Kelly announced the race. Good listen.

Motoxdoc
11/27/2017 6:47pm
BobbyM wrote:
STFU you quack
No! you STFU stumpyShocked

Post a reply to: Ronnie Mac sold 12 grand in t shirts at Straight Rhythm

The Latest