|
10/17/2019 2:49am
Lots of other top riders too:

David Knight
Steve Holcombe
Billy Bolt
Carl Fogarty
Mel Pocock

And a slew of top British talent and non talented British riders myself included!!
.kyle
10/17/2019 5:27am
Given the utter spanners who have been knighted in the past, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for Ronnie to get a knighthood! That isn't a dig at Ronnie, just a dig at the dismal knighthood system that exists.
St Ann More
10/17/2019 6:21am
Of all the great things about American MX we could have come to the UK, we land up with this clown act?! :-(
Sign of the times?

When the likes of Ronnie Mac have more followers on Instagram than Jeffrey Herlings.

The Shop

Stuntman949
10/17/2019 7:40am
Going to have to keep it together a lot longer than 45 seconds
10/17/2019 9:18am
Shouldn't those be cans of Guinness he's passed out next to on the beach instead of pbr.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
10/17/2019 9:51am
Shouldn't those be cans of Guinness he's passed out next to on the beach instead of pbr.
Sadly that would make him die of alcohol poisoning. We try not to put fancy mild lady drinks in cans on this side of a puddle.
10/17/2019 9:56am Edited Date/Time 10/17/2019 9:59am
Sadly that would make him die of alcohol poisoning. We try not to put fancy mild lady drinks in cans on this side of a puddle.
Guinness is only 4.2% abv. Pabst is 4.8%. The average beer is around 5%
therealhammer
10/17/2019 9:58am
Of all the great things about American MX we could have come to the UK, we land up with this clown act?! :-(
I am very curious about this.. no wrong answer.

Are you guys generally a fan of comedy? While Ronnie in the past( way better now) has gotten a little too vulgar for some, he really is just a live action comic. He is no different than Anthony Jeselnic and his comedy specials, Dax Shepard in Chips ( which had a sub plot about if guys are eating Ass these days) or Ryan Reynolds in Dead Pool. No one seems to get offended by those guys once they are offscreen, in fact 2 of those guys are the most sought-after guys in Hollywood. Before you guys point to the argument " Those guys are acting”. Well so is Ron, and if you don't realize that, well then that’s a whole different debate. Ronnie just does his in real life, and it appears on the screen later.

Motocross doesn't ever really touch the humor lane very often and when Moto does make mainstream with the Supreme collab's or the wheelie boys everyone detest it as "not core." However, Ronnie is rooted in Motocross more than most of you with the real person inside the overalls being an actual pro racer who has had great success by all accounts. He just happens to use his background in high school drama combined with his actual real world moto speed/talent and is creating his own angle and having more success while doing it then his old way of going about moto ( merchandise sales, social media engagement, youtube videos, appearance fee, etc.)

You don't have to like it, but like it or not Ron is about as core to Moto as it gets. If you throw your hands up about Supreme or the Wheelie boys, you kind of have to throw your hands out some what to hug Ron for being true to the sport and in some way’s bringing attention in ways Eli, Marv, and Ken may not.
dimetime
10/17/2019 10:14am Edited Date/Time 10/17/2019 10:14am
I am very curious about this.. no wrong answer. Are you guys generally a fan of comedy? While Ronnie in the past( way better now) has...

Are you guys generally a fan of comedy? While Ronnie in the past( way better now) has gotten a little too vulgar for some, he really is just a live action comic. He is no different than Anthony Jeselnic and his comedy specials, Dax Shepard in Chips ( which had a sub plot about if guys are eating Ass these days) or Ryan Reynolds in Dead Pool. No one seems to get offended by those guys once they are offscreen, in fact 2 of those guys are the most sought-after guys in Hollywood. Before you guys point to the argument " Those guys are acting”. Well so is Ron, and if you don't realize that, well then that’s a whole different debate. Ronnie just does his in real life, and it appears on the screen later.

Motocross doesn't ever really touch the humor lane very often and when Moto does make mainstream with the Supreme collab's or the wheelie boys everyone detest it as "not core." However, Ronnie is rooted in Motocross more than most of you with the real person inside the overalls being an actual pro racer who has had great success by all accounts. He just happens to use his background in high school drama combined with his actual real world moto speed/talent and is creating his own angle and having more success while doing it then his old way of going about moto ( merchandise sales, social media engagement, youtube videos, appearance fee, etc.)

You don't have to like it, but like it or not Ron is about as core to Moto as it gets. If you throw your hands up about Supreme or the Wheelie boys, you kind of have to throw your hands out some what to hug Ron for being true to the sport and in some way’s bringing attention in ways Eli, Marv, and Ken may not.
Jesus fucking Christ. Ronnie Mac is not comedy. Ok? It's the equivalent of laughing at a special ed kid eating dogshit. That's all it is.

I love all comedy frome slap stick, to Monty Python, Three Stooges, all of it. This ain't it boys.

Ronnie Mac has never been funny, smart, clever, interesting or entertaining.

I honestly think it's a troll and god help the dim wits who are being played like fools.
10/17/2019 10:18am
I am very curious about this.. no wrong answer. Are you guys generally a fan of comedy? While Ronnie in the past( way better now) has...

dimetime wrote:
Jesus fucking Christ. Ronnie Mac is not comedy. Ok? It's the equivalent of laughing at a special ed kid eating dogshit. That's all it is. I...
Jesus fucking Christ. Ronnie Mac is not comedy. Ok? It's the equivalent of laughing at a special ed kid eating dogshit. That's all it is.

I love all comedy frome slap stick, to Monty Python, Three Stooges, all of it. This ain't it boys.

Ronnie Mac has never been funny, smart, clever, interesting or entertaining.

I honestly think it's a troll and god help the dim wits who are being played like fools.
It is what it is: a novelty act. You may or may not like it, but one thing I can say for certain: Novelty acts typically have very short shelf lives.
WoodsRacer
Fantasy
2889th
10/17/2019 10:39am
Sign of the times?

When the likes of Ronnie Mac have more followers on Instagram than Jeffrey Herlings.

He's the Kim Kardashian equivalent of the moto world...
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
10/17/2019 11:10am
Heard it before, I’ll say it/repeat it again. Times up, pull the plug, the jokes over.
Beeby
10/17/2019 11:11am
What is the relevance of Guinness to Ronnie Mac or the UK?
M-M
10/17/2019 11:35am
"Ronnie Mac" won't do more than 3 laps.

And I agree , the novelty is stale.
Mucktub
10/17/2019 2:29pm
Do you think he'll put in more laps than Pastrana?

I'll be surprised if he can ride like he does for 3hrs, but if I wasn't otherwise engaged I'd probably go and see.

Some of you guys need to lighten up, he's a caricature of a semi-scumbag moto rider, I'm not sure if you've noticed but this is not a high brow sport by any means. If you don't like it don't watch it, I'm in my 40's and it makes me and most of my moto friends old and young smile at least.

Bunch of FPO's. (Fun prevention officers)
xrmark
10/17/2019 2:55pm
Fact is he draws more spectators. His line at straight rythm was longer than anyone’s. It’s okay to have fun
lordworm
10/17/2019 3:02pm
I cant believe they're all letting him race this prestigious race when he acts the way he does hes taking all of the prestige out of the prestigious sport of moto!
Lucifa.
10/17/2019 3:15pm
While he's not my cup of tea, he's got a huge following.

His act must be working or he wouldn't be getting all these event invites. He's out there travelling the UK, racing this beach race and having fun while you guys are beating your keyboards.
agn5009
10/17/2019 6:25pm
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Heard it before, I’ll say it/repeat it again. Times up, pull the plug, the jokes over.
The joke will be over when he stops making money. For now? It will continue whether you like it or not. I guarantee you Ronnie Mac will be one of the most popular riders doing the race. The whole thing isn’t exactly my cup of tea but I also have common sense and realize that a lot of people still dig it and he’s still very popular.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
10/17/2019 7:17pm
Dirtydeeds wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
The joke will be over when he stops making money. For now? It will continue whether you like it or not. I guarantee you Ronnie Mac...
The joke will be over when he stops making money. For now? It will continue whether you like it or not. I guarantee you Ronnie Mac will be one of the most popular riders doing the race. The whole thing isn’t exactly my cup of tea but I also have common sense and realize that a lot of people still dig it and he’s still very popular.
I get it. He’s makin money blah blah blah. Just don’t get the following. Whatever though, to each their own...
JM485
10/17/2019 9:01pm

I'm not even going to bother typing out a reply, this was written much more eloquently then I could have ever said it.

drvnfast
10/17/2019 10:14pm
lordworm wrote:
I cant believe they're all letting him race this prestigious race when he acts the way he does hes taking all of the prestige out of...
I cant believe they're all letting him race this prestigious race when he acts the way he does hes taking all of the prestige out of the prestigious sport of moto!
I can't believe you just used "prestigious" three times in the same sentence. S/
lordworm
10/17/2019 10:41pm
lordworm wrote:
I cant believe they're all letting him race this prestigious race when he acts the way he does hes taking all of the prestige out of...
drvnfast wrote:
I can't believe you just used "prestigious" three times in the same sentence. S/
But the prestige, the PRESTIGE! Wont somebody think of the children !
drvnfast
10/17/2019 10:51pm
lordworm wrote:
drvnfast wrote:
lordworm wrote:
But the prestige, the PRESTIGE! Wont somebody think of the children !
Is there an American version of this on Pismo? If not we need to start our own prestigious race bro.
Mucktub
10/18/2019 1:37am
I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of people are not even aware of this sport, the wheelie boys, those kids who fly up and down on anything remotely noisy in countless neighbourhood's across the world all reflect badly on the sport to the uninitiated.

I'm not sure that Ronnie Mac is even on anybody else's radar other than the people aware of the sport.
10/18/2019 2:08am
I am thinking about going down to have a look, most of the tracks are closed local (Rain) so its something moto related to do.

But, i really would like to get the chance to meet Jimmy, he is a great guy & would love a quick chat!.

Not sure if this is going to be a possibility?, as he is here for uncle Ron, not top Jimmy.

Post a reply to: Ronnie Mac in the UK for Weston beach race

The Latest