Ronnie Mac at MXoN

kb228
8/14/2018 8:11am
agn5009 wrote:
We don't know. But the team has it figured out. We don't know. But the team has it figured out. We don't know. But the team...
We don't know. But the team has it figured out.

You people act like these things are end of the world stuff. Are people seriously concerned about his gear? Like wtf? If he can't wear his overalls then he's gonna have some goofy custom made gear done up that passes the FIMs regulations. Is this shit rocket science? Am I super smart and have tons of common sense? Or are people really just this dumb? I'm gonna go with people are this dumb because I know I ain't that smart nor am I a rocket scientist.
kb228 wrote:
Because part of “ronnie mac” is his appearance and bike. Like, a LARGE part of it is.
agn5009 wrote:
So? You don't think they can make overall themed riding gear if his aren't approved? He will still look like Ronnie Mac out there but everything...
So? You don't think they can make overall themed riding gear if his aren't approved? He will still look like Ronnie Mac out there but everything will be up to snuff. These guys are all professionals going into this thing. Do you think they'll just show up without having everything approved and legit? This ain't Joe from down the street showing up to his first local MX race.
Most industry people dont even have faith.
SCR
8/14/2018 8:29am
mxb2 wrote:
What year was that?
SCR wrote:
Who cares the guy had a number of top 10 finishes as a privateer. Are you guys trying to discredit the guy. What's your guys best...
Who cares the guy had a number of top 10 finishes as a privateer. Are you guys trying to discredit the guy. What's your guys best finish.
I raced my ass off best I could with what I had for years and never got near the gate of an AMA National. In my book any rider that can run in the top 20 is an elite racer and has done something extraordinarily difficult.

If he can beat Vilipoto at straight rythum on a shit box 98 Honda I'm sure he can put in a respectable ride at mxdn.

I think they might have a shot at the main. I think one rider is a throw away in the qualifiers. And the talent drops off real fast about halfway through the field.
agn5009 wrote:
It's hilarious that guys keep referring to his bike as a piece of shit. You do realize stickers and cut fenders really don't make your bike...
It's hilarious that guys keep referring to his bike as a piece of shit. You do realize stickers and cut fenders really don't make your bike a piece of shit, right? That bike runs REALLY well and is serviced/maintained properly.

He will have a sweet bike for the MXdN. A bike that two stroke enthusiats dream about.
I refered to the 98 Honda as a shit box because it was a shit box in 98.
And yes, I think it goes without saying that under the jacked up plastics the bike is mechanically sound.
Regardless it's a long ways from the bikes he raced against at straight rythum.

agn5009
8/14/2018 8:31am
kb228 wrote:
Because part of “ronnie mac” is his appearance and bike. Like, a LARGE part of it is.
agn5009 wrote:
So? You don't think they can make overall themed riding gear if his aren't approved? He will still look like Ronnie Mac out there but everything...
So? You don't think they can make overall themed riding gear if his aren't approved? He will still look like Ronnie Mac out there but everything will be up to snuff. These guys are all professionals going into this thing. Do you think they'll just show up without having everything approved and legit? This ain't Joe from down the street showing up to his first local MX race.
kb228 wrote:
Most industry people dont even have faith.
That's fine. Most "industry people" probably have about as much knowledge of this situation as me and you. I don't know if all of this will happen. But you're crazy if you think they won't be able to race because of lack of preparedness. they will have everything figured out and approved way before the event.
agn5009
8/14/2018 8:33am
SCR wrote:
Who cares the guy had a number of top 10 finishes as a privateer. Are you guys trying to discredit the guy. What's your guys best...
Who cares the guy had a number of top 10 finishes as a privateer. Are you guys trying to discredit the guy. What's your guys best finish.
I raced my ass off best I could with what I had for years and never got near the gate of an AMA National. In my book any rider that can run in the top 20 is an elite racer and has done something extraordinarily difficult.

If he can beat Vilipoto at straight rythum on a shit box 98 Honda I'm sure he can put in a respectable ride at mxdn.

I think they might have a shot at the main. I think one rider is a throw away in the qualifiers. And the talent drops off real fast about halfway through the field.
agn5009 wrote:
It's hilarious that guys keep referring to his bike as a piece of shit. You do realize stickers and cut fenders really don't make your bike...
It's hilarious that guys keep referring to his bike as a piece of shit. You do realize stickers and cut fenders really don't make your bike a piece of shit, right? That bike runs REALLY well and is serviced/maintained properly.

He will have a sweet bike for the MXdN. A bike that two stroke enthusiats dream about.
SCR wrote:
I refered to the 98 Honda as a shit box because it was a shit box in 98. And yes, I think it goes without saying...
I refered to the 98 Honda as a shit box because it was a shit box in 98.
And yes, I think it goes without saying that under the jacked up plastics the bike is mechanically sound.
Regardless it's a long ways from the bikes he raced against at straight rythum.

I'm not so sure about your last sentence.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/14/2018 8:40am
Settle, settle...
holeshot100
8/14/2018 8:53am
Naysayers: Did you ever think about the people that actually have a monetary investment in this race and whether they will benefit?
Do you think the owner of Red Bud (who literally has hundreds of thousands of dollars at stake) is upset about Ronnie Mac racing on behalf of Puerto Rico?
Exposure outside our little world is good for the sport, and in this case the citizens(US) of Puerto Rico.
To the naysayers......What is your risk?
(Not) Sorry if you are getting butt hurt over Ronnie Mac.

Titan1
8/14/2018 10:15am
Ronnie Mac is FUNNY! I laugh at him all the time...he's a bit vulgar for my taste, but whatever. He's funny. (guilty pleasure).

That said...He has no place on the race track at the MXoN.

A Pastrana, Sipes, Albertson team PR would be sweet.

Have Ronnie make an appearance in the pits, as a special guest or something...but keep the side show off the race track.
psychotronBR
Fantasy
1281st
8/14/2018 10:23am
I think it'd be cool if he showed up in some gear resembling Ronnie Macs (same color scheme, but professional looking, no open lid and overalls), but being Jimmy Alberston underneath and ACTUALLY taking the racing seriously. We all know he's fast on a bike, without the antics and a proper bike i think he could be a top 20 dude no problem.
adamdf
8/14/2018 10:25am
JustMX wrote:
As entertaining as he might be at straight rythm, mxon does not need his little clown show.
Agreed
huck
8/14/2018 10:45am
One thing is for sure... he definitely has you fools talking a lot about it/him.

How about you all just sit back and wait, before trying to hang the guy!?
8/14/2018 10:57am
Naysayers: Did you ever think about the people that actually have a monetary investment in this race and whether they will benefit? Do you think the...
Naysayers: Did you ever think about the people that actually have a monetary investment in this race and whether they will benefit?
Do you think the owner of Red Bud (who literally has hundreds of thousands of dollars at stake) is upset about Ronnie Mac racing on behalf of Puerto Rico?
Exposure outside our little world is good for the sport, and in this case the citizens(US) of Puerto Rico.

But motocross is such an elite sport. Like golf or tennis, it's a sport for the upper crust. We don't need any clown side show. Oh, wait a minute. MX is a fairly insignificant motor sport. Most of the riders dress like clowns. Nobody outside our little circle even cares about the MXdN. Pastrana is 1000 times more famous than Tomac or Herlings. Purse money is a total joke because of the limited fan base. Maybe we do need some real clowns.
MR. X
8/14/2018 12:53pm
Are we talking about the same event ? Some people act like it's a giant prestigious event . Drunk people, tits hanging out ,chainsaw engines reving . Did I miss anything ?
8/14/2018 1:04pm
Funny thing is, they wouldn't want him if he was just racing as Jimmy Albertson, which is the only reasonable situation for this race. Ronnie Mac is a joke. I'm sure all the intelligent people of the world are big fans. (Rolls eyes)
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/14/2018 1:19pm
Naysayers: Did you ever think about the people that actually have a monetary investment in this race and whether they will benefit? Do you think the...

Brian, we've supported the schtick (and Jimmy) in the past. It plays well for some events (like the Red Bull Straight Rhythm), that's primarily for entertainment purposes.

At MX's Olympic equivalent? Sorry, we're going to have to agree to disagree.

Jrewing
8/14/2018 1:45pm
HenryA wrote:
Remember when Ryan Smith showed up in Jeans? Don't think that one ended too well [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/13/280276/s1200_s1200_8D9EF7E2_EEE7_4C0F_BDBC_BA4E5FC3FE2E.jpg[/img]
Remember when Ryan Smith showed up in Jeans? Don't think that one ended too well
The Butthurt was at a level never seen before.
So much sand in uncomfortable places
NateDawg
8/14/2018 3:45pm
Madmax31 wrote:
OMG...it's a hillbilly dirtbike race. You act like its the rider cup. Little news flash....NO ONE CARES outside of dirt bike riders. Most of my friends...
OMG...it's a hillbilly dirtbike race. You act like its the rider cup.

Little news flash....NO ONE CARES outside of dirt bike riders. Most of my friends laugh their ass off that I ride/race on "a dirty butt dirt bike track". Who gives a rats ass if they all show up with clown outfits and dildos strapped to their bike. It doesn't matter to 97% of the world.

Because it's a professional sport you dimwit.
JM485
8/14/2018 4:43pm
Funny thing is, they wouldn't want him if he was just racing as Jimmy Albertson, which is the only reasonable situation for this race. Ronnie Mac...
Funny thing is, they wouldn't want him if he was just racing as Jimmy Albertson, which is the only reasonable situation for this race. Ronnie Mac is a joke. I'm sure all the intelligent people of the world are big fans. (Rolls eyes)
Inteligent people don't get bent out of shape over the thoughts and opinions of people who don't matter and have no effect on their life. . .

Post a reply to: Ronnie Mac at MXoN

The Latest