Ronnie Mac at MXoN

smee113
Edited Date/Time 8/14/2018 4:58pm
Don't know if this has been addressed by another thread (couldn't find any), but would the FIM allow him to compete under a synonym?

Would they allow him to compete in overalls and an open-face helmet?

Would they allow him to compete on 20-year-old roached out Honda?

Either way, I can't imagine the FIM is going to take this well.
|
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
8/11/2018 8:52pm
smee113 wrote:
Don't know if this has been addressed by another thread (couldn't find any), but would the FIM allow him to compete under a synonym? Would they...
Don't know if this has been addressed by another thread (couldn't find any), but would the FIM allow him to compete under a synonym?

no way the helmet passes tech, but a std open face helmet still meets the same standard so would be able to be run,
KurtJ99
Fantasy
682nd
8/11/2018 8:56pm
So can Ronnie Mac run his CR250 in MX1?
agn5009
8/11/2018 8:57pm
I don't know the answer to any of your questions but I highly doubt his bike will be "roached out."
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
8/11/2018 9:00pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2018 9:01pm
smee113 wrote:
Don't know if this has been addressed by another thread (couldn't find any), but would the FIM allow him to compete under a synonym? Would they...

scott_nz wrote:
no way the helmet passes tech, but a std open face helmet still meets the same standard so would be able to be run,
He would be a game man risking being roosted in the face by a pack of 450's Blink

The Shop

JustMX
8/12/2018 4:16am
As entertaining as he might be at straight rythm, mxon does not need his little clown show.
Tumic
8/12/2018 4:18am
JustMX wrote:
As entertaining as he might be at straight rythm, mxon does not need his little clown show.
+1
Mx746
8/12/2018 6:02am
We all enjoy the antics, but for MXdN, I hope he can tone it down and put in a solid ride for a great cause.
crusher773
8/12/2018 3:25pm
I hope they ax the whole idea of it. Not the place for it.
ga_pike
8/12/2018 3:33pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2018 3:34pm
Tue one thing that sticks out from the video is everyone saying he (Ronnie Mac) is dead serious. Maybe he shows up in a "respectable" manner, all business... basically be Jimmy in all facets except maybe name?

New Husky or KTM 250 done up with full PR graphics... I'm sure FMF and others will pitch in to build a respectable bike.
8/12/2018 4:17pm
If they plan on racing the actual races then there is plenty of rules that Ronnie's usual setup breaks. He will have to wear a proper helmet, gear with proper FIM and MXoN logos. He'll have to run whatever number Puerto Rico earned last year, and I doubt they will let him register with a fake name. Obviously I don't know how things will go down, but common sense tells me that the Ronnie Mac act will only go as far as off the track, and if you have problem with that then you maybe need to be educated on some of the activities that go on among the fans of the event.
agn5009
8/12/2018 4:36pm
If they plan on racing the actual races then there is plenty of rules that Ronnie's usual setup breaks. He will have to wear a proper...
If they plan on racing the actual races then there is plenty of rules that Ronnie's usual setup breaks. He will have to wear a proper helmet, gear with proper FIM and MXoN logos. He'll have to run whatever number Puerto Rico earned last year, and I doubt they will let him register with a fake name. Obviously I don't know how things will go down, but common sense tells me that the Ronnie Mac act will only go as far as off the track, and if you have problem with that then you maybe need to be educated on some of the activities that go on among the fans of the event.
He will have a competitive bike, proper race gear etc. This is something that's been in the works for over 5 months. Do you honestly think they haven't got all of this figured out already?
8/12/2018 4:40pm
Well there goes the last bit of respect our sport had. Great idea to raise money very poor execution.

What a joke...This is the same as letting Will ferrel compete in the olympics.
agn5009
8/12/2018 4:48pm
Well there goes the last bit of respect our sport had. Great idea to raise money very poor execution. What a joke...This is the same as...
Well there goes the last bit of respect our sport had. Great idea to raise money very poor execution.

Yeah, maybe if will ferrel was a professional athlete in a sport in the Olympics this would be comparable. Believe it or not, Ronnie Mac (Jimmy Albertson) is actually a professional racer.
daemon616
8/12/2018 4:52pm
I think some are over reacting to fun tongue in cheek PR and videos. Wait till we see what actually happens before you freak the fuck out.
8/12/2018 4:55pm
Well there goes the last bit of respect our sport had. Great idea to raise money very poor execution. What a joke...This is the same as...

agn5009 wrote:
Yeah, maybe if will ferrel was a professional athlete in a sport in the Olympics this would be comparable. Believe it or not, Ronnie Mac (Jimmy...
Yeah, maybe if will ferrel was a professional athlete in a sport in the Olympics this would be comparable. Believe it or not, Ronnie Mac (Jimmy Albertson) is actually a professional racer.
Ok bad example.

This is like sending dwayne johnstone to the olympics in wrestling as the "Rock"
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/12/2018 5:07pm

agn5009 wrote:
Yeah, maybe if will ferrel was a professional athlete in a sport in the Olympics this would be comparable. Believe it or not, Ronnie Mac (Jimmy...
Ok bad example.

This is like sending dwayne johnstone to the olympics in wrestling as the "Rock"
That's another bad example. Dwayne Johnson is an actor and has been for the last 20 years or so.

Laughing I know he was a wrestler. Just pulling your chain.
8/12/2018 5:10pm
agn5009 wrote:
Ok bad example.

-MAVERICK- wrote:
That's another bad example. Dwayne Johnson is an actor and has been for the last 20 years or so. :laugh: I know he was a wrestler...
That's another bad example. Dwayne Johnson is an actor and has been for the last 20 years or so.

Laughing I know he was a wrestler. Just pulling your chain.
jimmy is also now an actor. So its a perfrct reference athlete turned actor competing on the world stage at their previous sport in their current "Act"

I love the idea behind it. but would much rather have ronnie as team mascot doing ronnie and get in a racer. Ricky carmichael would draw more fans and exposure and probably be more competitive
milliebays
8/12/2018 5:28pm
As long as fim keeps dicking tickle and clason around, they deserve to be mocked.
mxrose3
Fantasy
1116th
8/12/2018 8:28pm
I guarantee you that 98' Honda CR250 is far from roached out. They just make it look like it.
McLellanMX66
Fantasy
884th
8/12/2018 9:55pm
I don't really care for Ronnie mac or Sipes, but i'm very excited to see my child hood hero Pastrana race again!.
agn5009
8/12/2018 10:08pm

agn5009 wrote:
Ok bad example.

Still a bad example. The Olympics style of wrestling is grappling type of wrestling. The WWF wrestling is entertainment "fake" wrestling. Two totally completely different disciplines. Jimmy Albertson is the real deal professional motocross racer who performed at an incredibly high level. He's not a fake professional motocross racer.

A better example for you would be to dress Michael Phelps up in a clown costume and send him out into the Olympics to swim. Is he a professional swimmer? Yep. Will he still be able to swim really in a clown costume? Yep. Will he win? Nope. But he would still be better than 99.9% of everyone else in the world.
gobig.com
8/12/2018 10:25pm
My moneys on Ronnie Mac. Mixing gas and eatin ass
8/13/2018 2:42am
agn5009 wrote:
Still a bad example. The Olympics style of wrestling is grappling type of wrestling. The WWF wrestling is entertainment "fake" wrestling. Two totally completely different disciplines...
Still a bad example. The Olympics style of wrestling is grappling type of wrestling. The WWF wrestling is entertainment "fake" wrestling. Two totally completely different disciplines. Jimmy Albertson is the real deal professional motocross racer who performed at an incredibly high level. He's not a fake professional motocross racer.

A better example for you would be to dress Michael Phelps up in a clown costume and send him out into the Olympics to swim. Is he a professional swimmer? Yep. Will he still be able to swim really in a clown costume? Yep. Will he win? Nope. But he would still be better than 99.9% of everyone else in the world.
Exactly my point ronnie mac is fake. the person behind it is the professional athlete. Same as dwayne johnstone going to olympics as the rock. Dwayne could actually wrestle and im pretty sure he did at a college level before football/ wwe.
agn5009
8/13/2018 10:27am
agn5009 wrote:
Still a bad example. The Olympics style of wrestling is grappling type of wrestling. The WWF wrestling is entertainment "fake" wrestling. Two totally completely different disciplines...

Exactly my point ronnie mac is fake. the person behind it is the professional athlete. Same as dwayne johnstone going to olympics as the rock. Dwayne...
Exactly my point ronnie mac is fake. the person behind it is the professional athlete. Same as dwayne johnstone going to olympics as the rock. Dwayne could actually wrestle and im pretty sure he did at a college level before football/ wwe.
But neither Dwayne nor the Rock has ever competed professionally as a Olympic style wrestler. Jimmy Albertson has competed as a professional motocross racer. Your comparrison doesn't make sense. Maybe compare someone who has done it such as Kurt Angle. He wrestled (real wrestling) professionally prior to becoming a WWF wrestler.
ob
8/13/2018 11:05am
JustMX wrote:
Tumic wrote:
+1
+2
crockett
8/13/2018 11:25am
You guys are forgetting about Rick Johnson being on board. This will be the talk of the event, and I cannot wait. Pastrana racing again? How dare any of you come against that.
crockett
8/13/2018 11:25am
This is all upside and no downside, except for Pastrana getting a concussion again
HenryA
8/13/2018 11:38am
Remember when Ryan Smith showed up in Jeans? Don't think that one ended too well
PRM31
8/13/2018 12:55pm
No, just no.

Post a reply to: Ronnie Mac at MXoN

The Latest