Ronnie Mac Budds Creek Incident?

8/24/2018 7:55am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2018 7:56am
I’d love to know the crossover of people really upset about a fictional MX rider with an I eat ass sticker, with those that are cool with Trump talking about molesting women.
dedi684
8/24/2018 7:56am
Yes i also went to the motocross des nations in 1987.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
8/24/2018 7:57am
I’d love to know the crossover of people really upset about a fictional MX rider with an I eat ass sticker, with those that are cool...
I’d love to know the crossover of people really upset about a fictional MX rider with an I eat ass sticker, with those that are cool with Trump talking about molesting women.
There's always that one guy that has to bring politics into everything....
peelout
8/24/2018 7:59am
dirtmike86 wrote:
Eatting butt is not a crime. Sodomy is. Eat on brotha!
Sodomy's not a "crime."

Not that I really give a damn, but I do have a thing about civil liberties.

yo Browneye, glad you could make it bruh

The Shop

Motox627!
I feel like the people complaining about Ron's behavior are the same people that complain that monster trucks are too loud and that beer is too cold....

As a parent i get people wanting to shield their children from stuff like this, but you do understand that they see and hear way worse shit from kids at school and the internet right...….?
DC
I accidentally erased my post when I went to edit it and add this: Nothing happened at Budds Creek, the man from the FIM (Tony Skillington) got his races mixed up and meant Unadilla. And no one at MX Sports said anything about what Greg mentioned, and I don't think that sign existed either.

Good luck with Ronnie Mac.

DC
Racer X
kaptkaos
8/24/2018 8:00am
I loved when Ronnie was a goon riding redneck. It was funny and clever. What he has become is neither funny nor clever, but simply vulgar and has no place in a sanctioned televised sport with sponsors.

Whoever is willing to put their money on the line and startup a National Series and allow Ronnie to be vulgar there, go ahead, its a free country.

If FIM and MXSports say no, then thats how it is, they are the ones making this happen so we can have a National Series and television coverage. We could always go back to getting results two weeks later in Cycle News if you prefer.

I miss the clever and funny Ronnie being a goon rider. I can support that.
8/24/2018 8:01am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Just as I could talk about Lebron without getting into basketball, I didn’t touch on politics other than naming a politician. Move on.
ledger
8/24/2018 8:01am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2018 8:05am
rangot wrote:
Your country is totally bipolar, guys.
It's our Govur ments faught.
tingo
8/24/2018 8:03am
MXD wrote:
This situation is turning into a major embarrassment for our sport. We have a fictional character who represents everything that none of us would want our...
This situation is turning into a major embarrassment for our sport.

We have a fictional character who represents everything that none of us would want our kids to grow up to be, trying to race the most prestigious race in the sport while riding high on his antics. As if that wasn't enough, we now have the figurehead of our sport arguing with the brother of said fictional character on a message board about the details of this fictional characters behavior.

You all look foolish to me at this point.

Tell me again why this sport isn't growing?
You're assuming that a single person outside of the sport knows anything about this whole situation, or Ronnie Mac for that matter. Ronnie Mac isn't limiting the growth of the sport, barriers to entry are - primarily cost and fewer places to ride.

IMO, Ronnie Mac is a funny schtick, but I agree that it would be better if he dropped the vulgar stuff (including the "i eat ass" sticker) for the sake of the kids. He can still be the PBR-chugging, goon-riding redneck that he is, without the over-the-top sexual innuendo at every turn and IG post. His "brand" will go a lot further that way.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
8/24/2018 8:04am
Motox627! wrote:
I feel like the people complaining about Ron's behavior are the same people that complain that monster trucks are too loud and that beer is too...
I feel like the people complaining about Ron's behavior are the same people that complain that monster trucks are too loud and that beer is too cold....

As a parent i get people wanting to shield their children from stuff like this, but you do understand that they see and hear way worse shit from kids at school and the internet right...….?
I hear ten times worse from 13 year olds when we go to the mall while they are out front smoking cigs and vapes. Now my kids are only 2 and 5 so I try to keep them away from it as much as possible, but my 5 year old has friends with siblings that are much older so she ends up hearing things from her friends. There's not much I can do in that situation unfortunately.
Moto96
8/24/2018 8:07am
Back in 1988 or so, we had shirts with Big Doubles, No troubles. Today, someone would start melting.

rangot
8/24/2018 8:07am
kaptkaos wrote:
I loved when Ronnie was a goon riding redneck. It was funny and clever. What he has become is neither funny nor clever, but simply vulgar...
I loved when Ronnie was a goon riding redneck. It was funny and clever. What he has become is neither funny nor clever, but simply vulgar and has no place in a sanctioned televised sport with sponsors.

Whoever is willing to put their money on the line and startup a National Series and allow Ronnie to be vulgar there, go ahead, its a free country.

If FIM and MXSports say no, then thats how it is, they are the ones making this happen so we can have a National Series and television coverage. We could always go back to getting results two weeks later in Cycle News if you prefer.

Vulgarity is highly subjective. I'm not a Ron fan, nor a detractor, but i think everybody is making a huge deal of something not so big.
rangot
8/24/2018 8:08am
ledger wrote:
It's our Govur ments faught.
It might be, indeed.
gabeherndon
Fantasy
4147th
8/24/2018 8:08am
Everyone wants motocross to grow and get outside sponsors, yet no one wants to see any changes made. You could almost refer to Ronnie as the Happy Gilmore of our sport. I understand it's just a movie, but it makes sense here. You've got a character that doesn't fit the mold of the hardcore motocross guy, yet the outsiders see him and relate to him. They find him funny, and a spectacle of sorts. Yet, here we are upset about it because it doesn't fit what we've always done and it's not the "norm". After attending Straight Rhythm last year I can assure you Ronnie's reach is well beyond the hardcore motocross fan. His rig looked like they were giving away $100 bills while the others looked like a ghost town at times.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
8/24/2018 8:09am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Just as I could talk about Lebron without getting into basketball, I didn’t touch on politics other than naming a politician. Move on.
To touch on your original post, I'd say probably close to the same amount that have a problem with Trump saying what he did but not having an issue with what Ronnie says.
FWYT
8/24/2018 8:12am

via GIPHY

This is like a game of Telephone. Still not sure what happened . . . or where.
agn5009
8/24/2018 8:16am
If Ronnie finger blasted some chick in the pits there would be dozens of pictures floating around already.
early
Fantasy
2231st
8/24/2018 8:17am
Moto96 wrote:
Back in 1988 or so, we had shirts with Big Doubles, No troubles. Today, someone would start melting.

agn5009
8/24/2018 8:17am
How the hell do you guys post gifs??? I could never figure it out
kaptkaos
8/24/2018 8:22am
kaptkaos wrote:
I loved when Ronnie was a goon riding redneck. It was funny and clever. What he has become is neither funny nor clever, but simply vulgar...

rangot wrote:
Vulgarity is highly subjective. I'm not a Ron fan, nor a detractor, but i think everybody is making a huge deal of something not so big.
Vulgarity is NOT subjective, morality standards are.

Just because we see things on the streets or on the internet does not make it viable or appropriate.

A race IS NOT a public venue, its an event held by a private promoter on private property and tickets are sold.

If anyone cannot the issue with an I EAT ASS sticker on a motorcycle, then I cant have an adult discussion with them.

Sorry but that is my opinion and based on the polls and posts, I am not alone.

I know its hard to work to be clever and funny, and ride a bike like a goon to entertain folks, whereas being vulgar is easy but what can I tell you?
kage173
8/24/2018 8:24am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2018 8:56am
DC wrote:
I accidentally erased my post when I went to edit it and add this: Nothing happened at Budds Creek, the man from the FIM (Tony Skillington)...
I accidentally erased my post when I went to edit it and add this: Nothing happened at Budds Creek, the man from the FIM (Tony Skillington) got his races mixed up and meant Unadilla. And no one at MX Sports said anything about what Greg mentioned, and I don't think that sign existed either.

Good luck with Ronnie Mac.

DC
Racer X
That's it????

I mean great, we've figure out which race it was, but nobody has said why MX Sports and FIM have their panties tied up? I thought you chimed in because you had a story. So what is it then?

And does FIM sanction the outdoors?? Why is it Tony's business what happens in the pits at a race he has no affiliation with?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
8/24/2018 9:24am
Can we just leave the politics for non moto?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
8/24/2018 9:43am
kage173 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/24/282568/s1200_Picture1.jpg[/img] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuKTyDvySkA "We try and sell motocross as a family sport and some of what is going on, it isn’t good." - Tony Skillington FIM speaking...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuKTyDvySkA

"We try and sell motocross as a family sport and some of what is going on, it isn’t good." - Tony Skillington FIM speaking on things he heard went on in the Unadilla pits.
Hey hey hey! You get out of here with those facts that stuff like that happens over seas at the GP's!!!

Anyone remember the girl flashing at RedBud in 2016 on live tv? Sport isn't as innocent as everyone thinks it is.
Moto96
8/24/2018 9:44am
kage173 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/24/282568/s1200_Picture1.jpg[/img] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuKTyDvySkA "We try and sell motocross as a family sport and some of what is going on, it isn’t good." - Tony Skillington FIM speaking...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuKTyDvySkA

"We try and sell motocross as a family sport and some of what is going on, it isn’t good." - Tony Skillington FIM speaking on things he heard went on in the Unadilla pits.
Im never going to that place. 1 girl watching, all the guys are drooling.
Guy to left of girl has his hand in his pocket.

Whats funny is not a single dude looking at the chick...............
SCR
8/24/2018 10:49am
Banning Ronnie Mac won't make MX better or grow the sport.
How about instead get rid of VIP tents and repeater banners so I can see the f#%÷/&× race after spending $50 a head.

Post a reply to: Ronnie Mac Budds Creek Incident?

The Latest