Think he’ll keep trying for SX?Photo

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

3/27/2018 10:07 PM

Hope he gets the bike setup and comfortable on it. Anyone trying to live the dream, no matter the age, works for me.

|

3/28/2018 12:30 AM

cmotodad wrote:

Hope he gets the bike setup and comfortable on it. Anyone trying to live the dream, no matter the age, works for me.

He did or atleast tried to live the dream some 20+ years ago. He no longer belongs out there. He's not only a hazard to himself but everyone around him.

The AMA/Feld talk to him last year and told him that he needed to be closer to the lead group in his practice/qualifier if he wanted to continue trying to race SX? He lined up for a couple this year but since he didn't make any improvements they put a stop to it.

Selling his 250 for a 450 won't make a difference.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

3/28/2018 1:01 AM

He's the sx equivalent of Eddie the eagle.

|

3/28/2018 6:12 AM

Hopefully he stays off the SX track with that new bike.

|

3/28/2018 8:39 AM

He'd have been better off renting a SX track. JS 7 would lap him in 3 laps.

On a 125.

|

3/28/2018 8:46 AM

Ronnie Ford is what Sunday amateur day is for. No offense.

|

3/28/2018 9:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/28/2018 9:26 AM

cmotodad wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

He did or atleast tried to live the dream some 20+ years ago. He no longer belongs out there. He's not only a hazard to himself but everyone around him.

The AMA/Feld talk to him last year and told him that he needed to be closer to the lead group in his practice/qualifier if he wanted to continue trying to race SX? He lined up for a couple this year but since he didn't make any improvements they put a stop to it.

One dream per life time, got it. What about all the others that have no chance of qualifying, hell don't stop there....most guys that do qualify don't have a chance of a podium. I'm thinking to be eligible to race a givin year you must have podiumed the year prior. Either sx or ax. Second thought, screw it
..i'll just decided who is eligible or not, cause I'm an all knowing vital member, geez life is so easywink

All kidding aside I do undertand the lack of speed angle, but half the field is rolling around half way through the main, in c qualifying who is actually at risk?

|

3/28/2018 9:33 AM

Photo
|

3/28/2018 9:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/28/2018 9:34 AM

kijen wrote:

One dream per life time, got it. What about all the others that have no chance of qualifying, hell don't stop there....most guys that do qualify don't have a chance of a podium. I'm thinking to be eligible to race a givin year you must have podiumed the year prior. Either sx or ax. Second thought, screw it
..i'll just decided who is eligible or not, cause I'm an all knowing vital member, geez life is so easywink

All kidding aside I do undertand the lack of speed angle, but half the field is rolling around half way through the main, in c qualifying who is actually at risk?

At A1, Ronnie qualified 52nd at 150% of the top qualifier and 122% of the 51st qualifier. See my comment above, he could probably get more, better track time by doing the Sunday amateur days. This is supposed to be a professional sport not a 5k Turkey trot.

|

3/28/2018 10:22 AM

Stay safe and have fun Ronnie.

|

3/28/2018 10:24 AM

Why has no one suggested he go to Arenacross?

|

3/28/2018 11:35 AM

no disrespect to Ronnie ford but wheres the money coming from ? if the money was redirected to one of the guys making the mains a better ROI would be had in imo

|

3/28/2018 11:45 AM

DEMONDAVE wrote:

no disrespect to Ronnie ford but wheres the money coming from ? if the money was redirected to one of the guys making the mains a better ROI would be had in imo

Not sure about that------ seems that Ronnie gets talked about quite a bit more on here than any random guy that makes half the mains

|

3/28/2018 11:53 AM

DEMONDAVE wrote:

I've wondered the same thing... Isn't the dude from Kentucky?? Crazy to think of all the time and money it takes for him to travel all the way to the California rounds, knowing damn well what the results are going to be. Don't get me wrong, not hating on the guy at all... I totally admire his passion to keep giving it a shot... Just seems like he'd be better off (financially) trying to cherry pick regional pro-am races with big purses..

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

3/28/2018 12:06 PM

Premixed112 wrote:

How many races do they have left? This is the last year for that series correct? AX would be good for him, but there may only be a handful of races left in that series. Otherwise, he really could use a LOT of time on a practice SX track.

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

3/28/2018 12:13 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

kijen wrote:

early wrote:

At A1, Ronnie qualified 52nd at 150% of the top qualifier and 122% of the 51st qualifier. See my comment above, he could probably get more, better track time by doing the Sunday amateur days. This is supposed to be a professional sport not a 5k Turkey trot.

He is trying to qualify in a c qualifer, not sure how many c qualifers make the main, he is not taking anyone's spot. The real pro racing takes place during the nite show. Just don't undertand why people think some one who is eligble should not
try, his life his money etc..

|

3/28/2018 12:14 PM

Many of you bros would be surprised how fast he is....

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

3/28/2018 12:30 PM

BobPA wrote:

Fast is a relative term...

He cannot win the vet class at Lorettas so he is not that “fast”

|

3/28/2018 12:47 PM

kijen wrote:

He is trying to qualify in a c qualifer, not sure how many c qualifers make the main, he is not taking anyone's spot. The real pro racing takes place during the nite show. Just don't undertand why people think some one who is eligble should not
try, his life his money etc..

He is eligible because of a loophole in the licensing process. Would he have a license if he had to ride the road to SX? I don't know, maybe, but he didn't have to. I think last year there were less than 40 showed up somewhere but they didn't let him in the night show anyway. 450 instead of 250 2 stroke should help his lap times, but is he actually trying to qualify or just ride a supercross track on the circuit on a Saturday?

|

3/28/2018 1:20 PM

I keep hearing the saying "when he gets it worked out, look out". Maybe this applies to Ronnie as well. Haha

|

3/28/2018 1:54 PM

BobPA wrote:

brocster wrote:

Kinda hard to beat guys like Dubach, Grewe, Tedder, May and a few of the others. My dad has raced with those guys, and he's pretty damn fast, but Grewe, May and the rest are a whole different level. Those guys haul! They're no joke

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

3/28/2018 1:58 PM

BobPA wrote:

brocster wrote:

Are you referring to the "Vet" class that was won by Mike Brown and had guys like Nate Ramsey, Billy Fosnock, Lance Smail and Buddy Antunez ?? Should be pretty easy to smoke those guys..........

|

3/28/2018 2:13 PM

Gotta say it. He looks comfortable.

|

3/28/2018 2:40 PM

BobPA wrote:

brocster wrote:

I agree. Saw Ronnie ride at the two stroke shootout this year, I still think you'd be surprised how well he rides a motorcycle. Is that worded more better for you der Mr. Semantics?

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

3/28/2018 3:05 PM

DEMONDAVE wrote:

OldPro277 wrote:

Not sure about that------ seems that Ronnie gets talked about quite a bit more on here than any random guy that makes half the mains

And that was solely due to the 2 stroke. No one would have ever gave a crap about him otherwise, and after his first couple initial SX attempts, a lot of the talk about him thereafter was not positive stuff. Id have rather seen him try is hand at some outdoor nationals on the 250 smoker.

|

3/28/2018 3:24 PM

There’s a lot of Honda’s available right now......

|

3/28/2018 3:35 PM

Wonder if HRC Honda gives him a shot

|

3/28/2018 5:46 PM

Premixed112 wrote:

Honestly, Ax is much harder to qualify for than an SX event. Ive seen Sx guys qualify out of the top 40 and even 50 (at an Arenacross they only take top 30)

|

3/28/2018 7:10 PM

early wrote:

Ronnie Ford is what Sunday amateur day is for. No offense.

I would bet he couldnt beat 50 plus riders Grewe or Carsten

|