Ron Lechien racing World Vet championship this weekend

Related:
Create New Tag

11/6/2010 8:36 AM

From MXA . Thats awesome ... I wonder why Dowd never races the World Vet. He would probably clean up there.

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/RON-LECHIEN-RETURNS-TO-PRO-MOTOCROSS-THIS-WEEKEND-7442.aspx

|

11/6/2010 8:38 AM

Oops , I guess I should look at the homepage here more. The story is there too. Sorry.

|

11/6/2010 8:41 AM

That's good to hear. The return of the legend against some stiff competition.

|

11/6/2010 9:42 AM

|

11/6/2010 10:27 AM

I think , but may be wrong, that to race the vet championships he would have to retire from Professional National MX. Just like LL's. I don't think you can carry a national # and race either LL's or the Vet nationals.

|

11/6/2010 10:34 AM

DanDunes818 wrote:

I think , but may be wrong, that to race the vet championships he would have to retire from Professional National MX. Just ...more

Possibly. It would be cool to see Emig, McGrath, Lusk etc. do the over 30 class .

|

11/6/2010 11:06 AM

A class of '96 reunion race would be cool, I'd go see that.

|

11/6/2010 11:12 AM

Cool. I hope he does well, I get pretty excited for stuff like this.

|

11/6/2010 11:24 AM

From what I saw on here about a month ago , the old Dogger had lost a lot of weight and was looking pretty good on a bike! Awesome to see someone like him getting back into the racing stuff again. Always been one of my hero's!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

11/6/2010 11:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/6/2010 11:42 AM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

Oops , I guess I should look at the homepage here more. The story is there too. Sorry.

shame on me i dont always go to the home page

with JT relaunching into mx it would have been ideal for lechien to promote it for them always looked class on him !!!

|

11/6/2010 11:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/6/2010 11:54 AM

DanDunes818 wrote:

I think , but may be wrong, that to race the vet championships he would have to retire from Professional National MX. Just ...more

The only rule for the pro class at the vet nationals is that you meet the age requirement,if you want to race the nationals and the vet nationals there is no rule to stop you and why would there be? Now LLs is a whole different deal.

|

Ed Johnson

11/6/2010 12:27 PM

That's cool Ron is racing....but I doubt he will beat Dubach....

|

11/6/2010 12:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/6/2010 12:44 PM

DanDunes818 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

The only rule for the pro class at the vet nationals is that you meet the age requirement,if you want to race the nationals ...more

No AMA at this race.

|

"Welcome to Southern California......the mecca of motocross racing." ~ Jason Wiegant

11/6/2010 12:45 PM

Photo
|

"Welcome to Southern California......the mecca of motocross racing." ~ Jason Wiegant

11/6/2010 1:22 PM

Unless Ronnie doesn't have the fitness to go the distant, I can't see how Dubach could beat a world class champion like RL? Wasn't Dubach just an average pro?
On the other hand. DD has been racing all this time so RL may be real rusty...but my other hand says RL is one of those guys with soooo much talent the time off will be irrelevent and he will check out. I hope so. Would love to see that effortless stye back in action.

|

11/6/2010 2:01 PM

Dubach OWNS Glen Helen. Unless he's been to busy working to ride he is always very tough there. Should be a good test for the new slimmed down Ronnie.

I wanted to go to watch but too busy today. Who's gonna phone in the play by play?

|

11/6/2010 2:17 PM

Dubach has won this event like 15 times...he just hauls at this race. And Lechien used to be the man....he was on that cookie diet and lost a lot of weight. He said he has been riding for a whole year to get ready for this race. Should be a good race

|

11/6/2010 2:17 PM

|

11/6/2010 3:27 PM

Cool!He's still got that awesome style.He's doing some grudge match race with Guy Cooper overseas in early Dec. too.

|

11/6/2010 3:31 PM

Always been a Dogger fan , I was at steel city when he broke his femur, i was young but he rode so effortlessly!

|

11/6/2010 3:33 PM

Dubach beat him by a pretty good margin both motos but had some pressure from Gordon ward both races. Dubach, Ward, nicholls, lechien was the order the second moto and I believe the first as well.

|

www.cheaptearoffs.com

Like us on facebook for weekly sx contests with prizes, discounts, and updates

Cheaptearoffs.com Facebook page

11/6/2010 3:43 PM

Deetsmx wrote:

Dubach beat him by a pretty good margin both motos but had some pressure from Gordon ward both races. Dubach, Ward, nicholls, ...more

If Ron takes it seriously next year, you think he has the speed to beat Doug?

|

11/6/2010 3:46 PM

Deetsmx wrote:

Dubach beat him by a pretty good margin both motos but had some pressure from Gordon ward both races. Dubach, Ward, nicholls, ...more

* wrote:

If Ron takes it seriously next year, you think he has the speed to beat Doug?

He will if he wears JT gear, bitch.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

I am the biggest loser to ever post at vitalmx. ~ J. Sloan

11/6/2010 3:58 PM

Jack hole!

Nice shot. I Love the old JT stuff.

|

11/6/2010 8:08 PM

There always one in every post....Weege isn't blonde anyway, maybe Jim Holley?lol
Gotta say the Yamaha's look much better yellow, especially combined with the all white JT gear. Johnson looked great too, sinasalo I think, the pure colorways stand out. I liked supermouth in his time but find him awfully irritating now...times change is all.

|

11/6/2010 8:12 PM

The Dogger was the smoothest rider on the track during his motos. Not the fastest, Dubach and Gordon Ward had him covered there. But Dogger's style is pure art to watch, very cool!

|

11/6/2010 8:29 PM

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

11/6/2010 8:46 PM

300zx wrote:

Holy shit what a video. Dirt Bike Starz. I hadn't seen that in 15 years or better but I watched it so many times I still knew the announcing word for word. "and Breaker comes back.. and Johnson comes back.

|

11/6/2010 10:42 PM

Who all is out here? I'm staying at the track tonight; will be running around with cameras and a laptop tomorrow. I'll keep this place updated on the 30+ race tomorrow, if you guys are interested. Ryan Hughes should be quick out here, I was watching him on Friday putting on his riding school.

|

LOL MOTOCROSS

11/7/2010 1:03 AM

300zx wrote:

That is awesome!
Thanks for posting that!

|