Romaniacs 2021

Elliot
Edited Date/Time 7/31/2021 9:29pm
Red Bull Romaniacs 2021 starts tomorrow (Tuesday) !

Gonna be awesome. Can't bloody wait.

Start list https://www.redbullromaniacs.com/information/competitors-2021/

A few notable riders are Cody Webb and Canada's Trystan Hart.

Schedule https://www.redbullromaniacs.com/information/race-program/

|
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
7/26/2021 9:53am
I hear the secrets that ya keep...when your talking in your sleep..
7/27/2021 2:02pm
Sucks that the city prologue is not a thing this year. Watching the time trial was still pretty good.

The Shop

LungButter
7/28/2021 11:47am
Some of that stuff is insanely steep. Amazing.

Is the Bulgarian kid not on the Jarvis Team anymore?
WDSRCR
7/28/2021 11:55am
Follow Nick Fahringer as well.. US Factory Sherco Pro who is riding in the Silver class.
CKNY
7/28/2021 12:45pm
LungButter wrote:
Some of that stuff is insanely steep. Amazing.

Is the Bulgarian kid not on the Jarvis Team anymore?
Teddy is still on the team and killing it. My buddy and I chatted with them late last night.
Natester551v
7/28/2021 1:19pm
Teddy K. has such rad style; fun to watch. Romaniacs and Erzberg are like my super bowl....awesome stuff!
Mucktub
7/28/2021 5:25pm
Stefan Simpson down in the start list, is that Shaun Simpsons brother?
LungButter
7/28/2021 7:47pm
Are they running recluse s?
To my knowledge none of the top guys are running auto clutches. They prefer to not have the bike roll backwards when it’s in gear is one reason I’ve heard.
7/28/2021 10:49pm
CKNY wrote:
Teddy is still on the team and killing it. My buddy and I chatted with them late last night.
This is not correct. He left the team.
SD15
7/29/2021 12:09am
Mucktub wrote:
Stefan Simpson down in the start list, is that Shaun Simpsons brother?
Yes!
Elliot
7/29/2021 12:28am
He's curently running 26th in the Gold class which is stacked.

Did his dad name him after Everts?

CKNY
7/29/2021 4:42am
CKNY wrote:
This is not correct. He left the team.
Looks like you are right. What is his new team?
Graham hurt his knee pretty bad. He’s done.
Elliot
7/29/2021 5:09am
Yep he's done. He had a real shot at winning it.
Jeff_Brines
7/29/2021 6:08am
Are they running recluse s?
LungButter wrote:
To my knowledge none of the top guys are running auto clutches. They prefer to not have the bike roll backwards when it’s in gear is...
To my knowledge none of the top guys are running auto clutches. They prefer to not have the bike roll backwards when it’s in gear is one reason I’ve heard.
Reasons none of the pros (or serious hard enduro riders) will run an auto-clutch.

1) Roll back when you screw up a gnarly section (as you just implied). Its hard to tell just how steep these sections are. If you lose your balance, get off line or just plain get tired and stall the bike, it "sticking" where you are is key. Otherwise bikes would be tomahawking down the mountain left and right.
2) Clutch feel. Even the best auto clutch does not give the same sensation to the bar as a good manual clutch.
3) They don't need them. Stalling is not an issue. Putting power to the ground in the most precise way possible is an issue.

Anyone who has tried trials-ish type riding knows just how connected one must be to the motor via the clutch. Every difficult move involves incredible amounts of clutch modulation, and gives the rider a better "feel" for traction than an auto clutch ever could.

icrashalot
7/29/2021 6:26am
Any updates on the guy on the tenere racing it? Dudes insane I'd like to see some videos of him in on some if those crazy sections.
LungButter
7/29/2021 6:28am
icrashalot wrote:
Any updates on the guy on the tenere racing it? Dudes insane I'd like to see some videos of him in on some if those crazy...
Any updates on the guy on the tenere racing it? Dudes insane I'd like to see some videos of him in on some if those crazy sections.
I'm curious why he isn't in Gold Class where he belongs? Seems like a lot of resources and time went into getting him a YZ250 ready for the HEWC this year and now he's just thrown in the towel to be a Instabanger/YouTube star?

No hate from me, the dude is amazing and if he can make a career out of being an odd ball then good for him, I'm just curious why he isn't trying to be a real contender.

Jeff_Brines
7/29/2021 6:47am
icrashalot wrote:
Any updates on the guy on the tenere racing it? Dudes insane I'd like to see some videos of him in on some if those crazy...
LungButter wrote:
I'm curious why he isn't in Gold Class where he belongs? Seems like a lot of resources and time went into getting him a YZ250 ready...
I'm curious why he isn't in Gold Class where he belongs? Seems like a lot of resources and time went into getting him a YZ250 ready for the HEWC this year and now he's just thrown in the towel to be a Instabanger/YouTube star?

No hate from me, the dude is amazing and if he can make a career out of being an odd ball then good for him, I'm just curious why he isn't trying to be a real contender.

His deal specified he'd be doing stuff like this. Yamaha is not dumb. They know they have a lot more money to make with the 700 than they do with the 250. Showing its capability in bronze class is a far better advertisement to a MUCH bigger demographic (adv riding) than a top ten YZ250 finish would bring to their off road bike (that is in much need of an update).

If they come out with a new 2 stroke aimed right at hard enduro, expect to see him on that bike. But with the interest and attention the 700 is getting, plus is skill set, this should be no surprise.

Side note, this is nothing new (gold class level guys racing adv bikes in a lower class) https://riders.drivemag.com/news/bmw-r-ninet-vs-ktm-1190-adventure-in-h…
LungButter
7/29/2021 7:32am
His deal specified he'd be doing stuff like this. Yamaha is not dumb. They know they have a lot more money to make with the 700...
His deal specified he'd be doing stuff like this. Yamaha is not dumb. They know they have a lot more money to make with the 700 than they do with the 250. Showing its capability in bronze class is a far better advertisement to a MUCH bigger demographic (adv riding) than a top ten YZ250 finish would bring to their off road bike (that is in much need of an update).

If they come out with a new 2 stroke aimed right at hard enduro, expect to see him on that bike. But with the interest and attention the 700 is getting, plus is skill set, this should be no surprise.

Side note, this is nothing new (gold class level guys racing adv bikes in a lower class) https://riders.drivemag.com/news/bmw-r-ninet-vs-ktm-1190-adventure-in-h…
Makes perfect sense, I guess I just thought he was gonna run the whole series for points.

The guy is amazing and honestly he will probably make more money and have a longer career going the route he is then he would just being a hardcore Pro racer. Good for him.
Elliot
7/29/2021 8:14am
icrashalot wrote:
Pol Tarres.

7/29/2021 8:46am
CKNY wrote:
Looks like you are right. What is his new team?
Graham hurt his knee pretty bad. He’s done.
I think he's doing his own deal. He has a sponsor that takes really good care of him.
LungButter
7/29/2021 9:11am
I think he's doing his own deal. He has a sponsor that takes really good care of him.
Hoping the best for him, I'm a fan. If I were an up and comer in Hard Enduro, I'd do everything I could to put myself under Graham's wing.

It looks like he's still riding his same bike, just no Jarvis graphics or gear.

Post a reply to: Romaniacs 2021

The Latest