Romain Febvre's limit

Edited Date/Time 9/25/2015 6:16am
This year, it was Romain's 4th full season in the world championship (actually, it was his third, because he didn't do the whole 2013 season due to injury). He made one big step every year. Again this year, he did have a really bad winter and was still getting top 5/podiums at the really beginning of the season and became stronger and stronger as the season goes on.

Now in some itw, he said that the year's been good, but he really feel that he didn't push too hard and that he can still gain a lot of speed and be more consistant. If that's really true, I wonder what his full potential his. If he continue to step up his game in the next 2-3 years like he did the last 4 years, he might be almost untouchable.
|
h&m_cycle
9/24/2015 11:07am
So there's no purse money and this is the trophy he gets for winning the world championship?

If Davey was in it just for the money, it seems he invested in the wrong series...

Tpog496
9/24/2015 11:28am
h&m_cycle wrote:
So there's no purse money and this is the trophy he gets for winning the world championship? If Davey was in it just for the money...
So there's no purse money and this is the trophy he gets for winning the world championship?

If Davey was in it just for the money, it seems he invested in the wrong series...

I think you get a pat on the back as well. Laughing
line-up
9/24/2015 11:36am
h&m_cycle wrote:
So there's no purse money and this is the trophy he gets for winning the world championship? If Davey was in it just for the money...

Romain made so much more money than he expected this year with all the bonuses he collected for GP + Championship wins from his team and from all team and personal sponsors. Plus his salary.
He must have also been very pleased that Monster Energy jumped onboard right the weekend he was crowned world champion in Assen.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
9/24/2015 11:51am
I'm not well plugged into the GPs. I only watched a few races this year but from a distance his season reminds me of Ryan Dungey in 2010. He certainly looked like the real deal but there were some questions about what his future would truly hold because there were some injuries of other riders that attributed to the story that year. I really like the way Romain rides the bike and it is nice to see the KTM behemoth lose in Europe because underdog stories are always fun.

The Shop

davistld01
9/24/2015 12:05pm
h&m_cycle wrote:

line-up wrote:
Romain made so much more money than he expected this year with all the bonuses he collected for GP + Championship wins from his team and...
Romain made so much more money than he expected this year with all the bonuses he collected for GP + Championship wins from his team and from all team and personal sponsors. Plus his salary.
He must have also been very pleased that Monster Energy jumped onboard right the weekend he was crowned world champion in Assen.
Yeah, the Monster thing probably didn't $uck...at all.
JMR1976
9/24/2015 12:09pm
Bad news for AC222 if true.
tprice07
9/24/2015 12:16pm
I have only watched a few GP's, mainly when RV was racing, but after watching Glen Helen, I am very impressed with the speed of Romain and Cairoli. I do think if Cairoli were 100% healthy he would have likely gotten the overall at the USGP and won the title against Romain.

That said, I am very proud of Grant, even if it is his home track. It is too bad RV couldn't race that as his last final race in dominating fashion and then exit.
Alex
9/24/2015 12:34pm Edited Date/Time 9/24/2015 12:35pm
h&m_cycle wrote:

Its an FIM gold medal mate. Worth more to a racer than any garish high tower plastic piece of shit they serve out to racers I can promise you.
SouthwestMfg
9/24/2015 12:36pm
Watched every race paying close attention, Romain Fabvre is the real-deal. He is equal on speed to any of the top riders, he won Grand Prix against most of them. That being said you'd be foolish to count out Cairoli, he's still got speed !
51xc
9/24/2015 1:07pm
It's all about staying healthy for the whole season. look at nagl. he was on it and if he would have stayed healthy i think nobody would talk about febvre right now. Don't want to take anything away from him but i think there are still riders out there that can beat him on any given day. however, great to see another bright talent in the gp's.
jeffro503
9/24/2015 1:13pm
JMR1976 wrote:
Bad news for AC222 if true.
I wouldn't worry about AC. He's had challengers before and still won the title. They will push each other to the limit next year but my money would be on AC.
RandyS
9/24/2015 1:21pm
AC222s days are numbered.
9/24/2015 1:42pm
RandyS wrote:
Yes , of course they are , but you know what , AC knows that better than anybody , that's how the sport evolves !

Just as he took over the mantle from Everts , there will always be the next " young gun " going after him , be it Febvre or Herlings etc

Although time / injuries are now catching up with him , he still showed at Glen Helen , that he does have the speed , so there may be still another championship left in him , I certainly hope so !
Adam43
9/24/2015 1:44pm
I was stunned by how well he did, once he got his first win he just kept the ball rolling. Great in all conditions, seems to have corner speed to spare, great attitude.

Once RV was out and it was obvious that AC was struggling a bit, I expected Paulin to take over. His lack of performance is actually more surprising to me than Febvre.
line-up
9/24/2015 1:55pm
RandyS wrote:
Yes , of course they are , but you know what , AC knows that better than anybody , that's how the sport evolves ! Just...
Yes , of course they are , but you know what , AC knows that better than anybody , that's how the sport evolves !

Just as he took over the mantle from Everts , there will always be the next " young gun " going after him , be it Febvre or Herlings etc

Although time / injuries are now catching up with him , he still showed at Glen Helen , that he does have the speed , so there may be still another championship left in him , I certainly hope so !
I would not be surprised at all if he wins two or three more titles.
He is still the best rider out there.
9/24/2015 2:39pm
51xc wrote:
It's all about staying healthy for the whole season. look at nagl. he was on it and if he would have stayed healthy i think nobody...
It's all about staying healthy for the whole season. look at nagl. he was on it and if he would have stayed healthy i think nobody would talk about febvre right now. Don't want to take anything away from him but i think there are still riders out there that can beat him on any given day. however, great to see another bright talent in the gp's.
Total BS.
philG
9/24/2015 3:39pm
First time I saw him ride was Mettet in 2011 at the Starbiker race, he smoked all the regular Supermoto guys. On a 350. He is the closest thing to JMB I have ever seen.
9/24/2015 3:53pm
Romain beat all the top guys before they dropped out with injuries; his Maggiora performance especially was almost unbelievable. Those guys - Cairoli, Desalle, Nagl, all the big names etc - are going to have to bring their absolute best to beat Febvre next season (if he doesn't get injured and is able to maintain or even up his game). Of course Tony has the best chance.
bob567
9/24/2015 4:14pm
h&m_cycle wrote:

Yep that's it. Zero money. He does it for free. Actually I hear he has to pay thousands per event to race. Meanwhile Dungey is making massive coin from the Nationals purse money($44,850 total this year). This is a genuine travesty. I feel horrible for Romain.
Torco1
9/24/2015 4:17pm
That medal is made out of chocolate......so it's all worth it........
jeffro503
9/24/2015 4:22pm
51xc wrote:
It's all about staying healthy for the whole season. look at nagl. he was on it and if he would have stayed healthy i think nobody...
Total BS.
What was bullshit about what he said? Nagl was pretty dominant at the beginning of the season. He was flat out hauling. If him , AC , CD and a few others would of stayed healthy , who knows what would have happened. Christ , if Paulin stayed on the Damn Kawi he probably would of been killing it this year!
JMR1976
9/24/2015 4:32pm
So do we put * next to Febvre name for the year?
jamma10
9/24/2015 4:44pm Edited Date/Time 9/24/2015 4:46pm
51xc wrote:
Sad thing about Nagl was that his injury was caused by another rider riding over his foot wasn't it?

Must have been so difficult for him to watch Febvre win this year. Max was so well prepared and riding so well at the start of the season. Same for Desalle, either of them could have won the title this year.
bob567
9/24/2015 4:45pm
JMR1976 wrote:
So do we put * next to Febvre name for the year?
Absolutely. AC chose to get hurt. Nagl chose to get hurt. RV chose to get hurt. CD chose to get hurt. And god dammit Paulin chose to switch to Honda.
vschaik141
9/24/2015 5:31pm
bob567 wrote:
Absolutely. AC chose to get hurt. Nagl chose to get hurt. RV chose to get hurt. CD chose to get hurt. And god dammit Paulin chose...
Absolutely. AC chose to get hurt. Nagl chose to get hurt. RV chose to get hurt. CD chose to get hurt. And god dammit Paulin chose to switch to Honda.
bobryshev lookin good on that honda now toh, hope things work out for him in 2016
machine
9/24/2015 5:57pm
I wonder what the top GP guys make in comparison to the top AMA guys..salary..bonuses..sponsors etc..
Crush
9/24/2015 6:04pm
machine wrote:
I wonder what the top GP guys make in comparison to the top AMA guys..salary..bonuses..sponsors etc..
I'm pretty sure Matthes went over it a while back and what he had heard/reported it was a lot but still not as much... AC was maybe making 1/2 or 2/3rds Dungey's wage?
kkawboy14
9/24/2015 6:09pm
h&m_cycle wrote:

Alex wrote:
Its an FIM gold medal mate. Worth more to a racer than any garish high tower plastic piece of shit they serve out to racers I...
Its an FIM gold medal mate. Worth more to a racer than any garish high tower plastic piece of shit they serve out to racers I can promise you.
I would rather have a Troy Lee Designs painted guitar!
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
9/24/2015 6:10pm
philG wrote:
First time I saw him ride was Mettet in 2011 at the Starbiker race, he smoked all the regular Supermoto guys. On a 350. He is...
First time I saw him ride was Mettet in 2011 at the Starbiker race, he smoked all the regular Supermoto guys. On a 350. He is the closest thing to JMB I have ever seen.
He reminds me of Seb, always attacking the track instead of letting it come to them like most of the great French riders.
machine
9/24/2015 6:28pm
I tell you what, TC looked and sounded pissed when that girl was interviewing him on the start line at the GP last weekend. He said he wants revenge and I believe him.

Post a reply to: Romain Febvre's limit

The Latest