Roland Hinz Cashes Out in Style!

Anonymous (not verified)
Edited Date/Time 1/4/2018 11:18am
Nice sale price!
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/03/home-at-tip-of-lido-isle-sells-fo…

"A five-bedroom, Cape Cod-inspired home at the end of Lido Isle just sold for $18.3 million, shattering an all-time record in that community.

The property, on nearly a third of an acre, had an over-the-top selling point: 200 feet of frontage along Newport Bay on a corner lot, with several docks to accommodate large yachts.

Built in 1942 and updated, the two-story home has 4,388 square feet of living space. The residence is tucked beyond a wrought iron gate and private drive leading to a motor court and fountain.

New England ambiance includes shingle-style architecture, brick, broad lawns, and a white picket fence. Among the interior spaces are an open kitchen and large family room. Most rooms have views of the bay, including the master suite, with a deck and two walk-in closets.

Alison McCormick of Douglas Elliman Of California handled both sides of the deal. It was the highest sale ever for a house on Lido Isle, she said.

Property records show the home belonged to Roland Hinz, owner of Hi-Torque Publications, which puts out magazines including “Dirt Bike” and Motocross Action.” Hinz also has been a director of the Salem Christian radio broadcasting chain.

He and his wife Lila transferred the property to the Hinz Family Charitable Foundation in July 2017, records show. The home sold on Dec. 28."
|
newmann
1/3/2018 11:10am
Wow, congrats to him. I remember my window seat at the Rusty Pelican for lunch looking across that way. Like a dog, probably left slobber on the glass. "The property was transferred to his charitable foundation prior to the sale." Wink I sense a big middle finger in there somewhere.
Xeno
1/3/2018 12:16pm
Baller! It really does pay to add a tooth to the rear sprocket.
mauidex
1/3/2018 12:38pm
just wait till ya'll see when Jody sells HIS house!!!!WoohooWoohooWoohoo
Bruneval
1/3/2018 12:42pm
newmann wrote:
Wow, congrats to him. I remember my window seat at the Rusty Pelican for lunch looking across that way. Like a dog, probably left slobber on...
Wow, congrats to him. I remember my window seat at the Rusty Pelican for lunch looking across that way. Like a dog, probably left slobber on the glass. "The property was transferred to his charitable foundation prior to the sale." Wink I sense a big middle finger in there somewhere.
I'm not clued-up on American property laws, but wouldn't that be a way of passing it from one generation to the next in the most tax efficient manner? If so, killer investment and killer hand-off.

The Shop

Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
1/3/2018 1:19pm
Wow what a place!
mauidex
1/3/2018 1:22pm
Myke wrote:
Wow what a place!
"dirt bikes been berry berry good to me"
newmann
1/3/2018 1:51pm
And all the industry types and Vitards who over the years have given Roland shit about his morals.
MudPup545
1/3/2018 1:56pm
Well deserved. The runs a classy publishing company.
NorCal 50+
1/3/2018 2:16pm
Trivia: where did the "Daisy" in Daisy/hi-torque come from?
Sully
1/3/2018 4:10pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Isn't that Roland's daughter? I don't remember where I read it, but for some reason, that sticks out in my mind.

As for the house, that's one helluva selling price. I wonder how long he owned it, and what he paid for it?
davistld01
1/3/2018 4:16pm
newmann wrote:
And all the industry types and Vitards who over the years have given Roland shit about his morals.
Purity pays pretty well, doesn’t it?
BobbyM
1/3/2018 4:43pm
newmann wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Purity pays pretty well, doesn’t it?
Peter poppoff can attest to that... One honest dude.
NeedMoto
1/3/2018 4:50pm
newmann wrote:
Wow, congrats to him. I remember my window seat at the Rusty Pelican for lunch looking across that way. Like a dog, probably left slobber on...
Bruneval wrote:
I'm not clued-up on American property laws, but wouldn't that be a way of passing it from one generation to the next in the most tax...
I'm not clued-up on American property laws, but wouldn't that be a way of passing it from one generation to the next in the most tax efficient manner? If so, killer investment and killer hand-off.
Bruneval... that would be correct.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
1/3/2018 4:59pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2018 5:02pm
It's the old John Wayne estate at the end of the island. Growing up we had a boat we kept in the back bay, and I always just stared at the place. Sometimes he'd be outside and wave.

I actually got to attend a party there before he died. Best view in Newport hands down.

https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/john-wayne-california-house

Sprew
1/3/2018 7:42pm
avidchimp wrote:
It's the old John Wayne estate at the end of the island. Growing up we had a boat we kept in the back bay, and I...
It's the old John Wayne estate at the end of the island. Growing up we had a boat we kept in the back bay, and I always just stared at the place. Sometimes he'd be outside and wave.

I actually got to attend a party there before he died. Best view in Newport hands down.

Seems like the JW estate got chopped up into several lots. I would have thought the price would be higher.
1/3/2018 8:37pm
avidchimp wrote:
It's the old John Wayne estate at the end of the island. Growing up we had a boat we kept in the back bay, and I...

NorCal 50+
1/4/2018 12:02am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Sully wrote:
Isn't that Roland's daughter? I don't remember where I read it, but for some reason, that sticks out in my mind. As for the house, that's...
Isn't that Roland's daughter? I don't remember where I read it, but for some reason, that sticks out in my mind.

As for the house, that's one helluva selling price. I wonder how long he owned it, and what he paid for it?
One of the original Dirt Bike people told me years ago that "Daisy" was a teen magazine that Roland Hinz bought- (maybe the offices etc. for the original mag?) And Super Hunky showed up randomly because he lived in the same apartment building as this particular Dirt Bike writer.
Another person that hung out with Roland Hinz as a kid told me they would always be walking out of movies theaters anytime suggestive material came on the screen.
CalRMX
1/4/2018 10:14am
mauidex wrote:
With his money I bet he has a nice house
mx317
1/4/2018 10:30am
I thought it said crashes out in style!
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
1/4/2018 10:34am
Good for him, well deserved!

However, if I had $18m to spend on an estate I guarantee you there wouldn't be houses 18" to either side! That's a lot people packed into that small area of real estate.
Xavier
1/4/2018 10:37am
mauidex wrote:
CalRMX wrote:
With his money I bet he has a nice house
Jody isn't into luxury.
TankSlapper
1/4/2018 11:18am
mx317 wrote:
I thought it said crashes out in style!
I first read it as Roland Sands Crashes Out.... LOL

Post a reply to: Roland Hinz Cashes Out in Style!

The Latest