Related:
Create New Tag
Mini Elsinore Mini Elsinore
1/3/2018 10:36 AM

Nice sale price!
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/03/home-at-tip-of-lido-isle-sells-for-a-record-18-3-million/

"A five-bedroom, Cape Cod-inspired home at the end of Lido Isle just sold for $18.3 million, shattering an all-time record in that community.

The property, on nearly a third of an acre, had an over-the-top selling point: 200 feet of frontage along Newport Bay on a corner lot, with several docks to accommodate large yachts.

Built in 1942 and updated, the two-story home has 4,388 square feet of living space. The residence is tucked beyond a wrought iron gate and private drive leading to a motor court and fountain.

New England ambiance includes shingle-style architecture, brick, broad lawns, and a white picket fence. Among the interior spaces are an open kitchen and large family room. Most rooms have views of the bay, including the master suite, with a deck and two walk-in closets.

Alison McCormick of Douglas Elliman Of California handled both sides of the deal. It was the highest sale ever for a house on Lido Isle, she said.

Property records show the home belonged to Roland Hinz, owner of Hi-Torque Publications, which puts out magazines including “Dirt Bike” and Motocross Action.” Hinz also has been a director of the Salem Christian radio broadcasting chain.

He and his wife Lila transferred the property to the Hinz Family Charitable Foundation in July 2017, records show. The home sold on Dec. 28."

newmann newmann
1/3/2018 11:10 AM

Wow, congrats to him. I remember my window seat at the Rusty Pelican for lunch looking across that way. Like a dog, probably left slobber on the glass. "The property was transferred to his charitable foundation prior to the sale." wink I sense a big middle finger in there somewhere.

Xeno Xeno
1/3/2018 12:16 PM

Baller! It really does pay to add a tooth to the rear sprocket.

Instagram: @motoxeno

Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com

mauidex mauidex
1/3/2018 12:38 PM

just wait till ya'll see when Jody sells HIS house!!!!w00t w00t w00t

Bruneval Bruneval
1/3/2018 12:42 PM
newmann wrote:

Wow, congrats to him. I ...more

I'm not clued-up on American property laws, but wouldn't that be a way of passing it from one generation to the next in the most tax efficient manner? If so, killer investment and killer hand-off.

Myke Myke
1/3/2018 1:19 PM

Wow what a place!

"Who cares about what other people think"

mauidex mauidex
1/3/2018 1:22 PM
Myke wrote:

Wow what a place!

"dirt bikes been berry berry good to me"

newmann newmann
1/3/2018 1:51 PM

And all the industry types and Vitards who over the years have given Roland shit about his morals.

MudPup545 MudPup545
1/3/2018 1:56 PM

Well deserved. The runs a classy publishing company.

NorCal 50+ NorCal 50+
1/3/2018 2:16 PM

Trivia: where did the "Daisy" in Daisy/hi-torque come from?

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

Sully Sully
1/3/2018 4:10 PM
NorCal 50+ wrote:

Trivia: where did the ...more

Isn't that Roland's daughter? I don't remember where I read it, but for some reason, that sticks out in my mind.

As for the house, that's one helluva selling price. I wonder how long he owned it, and what he paid for it?

davistld01 davistld01
1/3/2018 4:16 PM
newmann wrote:

And all the industry types ...more

Purity pays pretty well, doesn’t it?

BobbyM BobbyM
1/3/2018 4:43 PM
newmann wrote:

And all the industry types ...more

davistld01 wrote:

Purity pays pretty well, ...more

Peter poppoff can attest to that... One honest dude.

NeedMoto NeedMoto
1/3/2018 4:50 PM
newmann wrote:

Wow, congrats to him. I ...more

Bruneval wrote:

I'm not clued-up on ...more

Bruneval... that would be correct.

avidchimp avidchimp
1/3/2018 4:59 PM

It's the old John Wayne estate at the end of the island. Growing up we had a boat we kept in the back bay, and I always just stared at the place. Sometimes he'd be outside and wave.

I actually got to attend a party there before he died. Best view in Newport hands down.

https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/john-wayne-california-house

Photo

RoflCopter726 RoflCopter726
1/3/2018 5:38 PM
Xeno wrote:

Baller! It really does pay ...more

Damn thats a good one. w00t laughing

Sprew Sprew
1/3/2018 7:42 PM
avidchimp wrote:

It's the old John Wayne ...more

Seems like the JW estate got chopped up into several lots. I would have thought the price would be higher.

Jeff_Crutcher Jeff_Crutcher
1/3/2018 8:22 PM

Did anyone else notice the 1993 model refrigerator?

Underground Underground
1/3/2018 8:37 PM
avidchimp wrote:

It's the old John Wayne ...more

Photo
NorCal 50+ NorCal 50+
1/4/2018 12:02 AM
NorCal 50+ wrote:

Trivia: where did the ...more

Sully wrote:

Isn't that Roland's ...more

One of the original Dirt Bike people told me years ago that "Daisy" was a teen magazine that Roland Hinz bought- (maybe the offices etc. for the original mag?) And Super Hunky showed up randomly because he lived in the same apartment building as this particular Dirt Bike writer.
Another person that hung out with Roland Hinz as a kid told me they would always be walking out of movies theaters anytime suggestive material came on the screen.

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

CalRMX CalRMX
1/4/2018 10:14 AM
mauidex wrote:

just wait till ya'll see ...more

With his money I bet he has a nice house

mx317 mx317
1/4/2018 10:30 AM

I thought it said crashes out in style!

Take it to the limit, one more time!

GrapeApe GrapeApe
1/4/2018 10:34 AM

Good for him, well deserved!

However, if I had $18m to spend on an estate I guarantee you there wouldn't be houses 18" to either side! That's a lot people packed into that small area of real estate.

Xavier Xavier
1/4/2018 10:37 AM
mauidex wrote:

just wait till ya'll see ...more

CalRMX wrote:

With his money I bet he ...more

Jody isn't into luxury.

TankSlapper TankSlapper
1/4/2018 11:18 AM
mx317 wrote:

I thought it said crashes ...more

I first read it as Roland Sands Crashes Out.... LOL

o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o
Winning is the best deodorant.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry