Roger knows his s***, Still THE MAN

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2019 10:35 AM

WOW I'm surprised as much as you are. Not at Roger but at Webb. He might just start clicking em off after last night. Somebody has to do it.

|

1/20/2019 10:39 AM

BobbyM wrote:

WOW I'm surprised as much as you are. Not at Roger but at Webb. He might just start clicking em off after last night. Somebody has to do it.

No

Remember Bagget last week? How many times did you see him last night?

Webb will be more Webb like next week.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

1/20/2019 10:40 AM

I thought the old man had lost it.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

1/20/2019 10:55 AM

Webb also rode the best at A1. 2/3 races I think he was the best this year. I’d say no fluke

|

1/20/2019 10:57 AM

I'm not really surprised he won to be honest. DeCoster picked him for a reason. We knew he had it in him. I could see him pulling in more wins, absolutely.

Him winning 3rd round in did surprise me though. If there was going to be a big change, I was thinking it would of taken at least a few more rounds in. Season just got more entertaining.

|

1/20/2019 11:03 AM

Cooper Reminds me of Villopoto
Aggressive, eye of the tiger, comes To win.

|

1/20/2019 11:15 AM

BobbyM wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

No

Remember Bagget last week? How many times did you see him last night?

Webb will be more Webb like next week.

Webb being like Webb might be a good thing at this point in time.

|

1/20/2019 11:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2019 11:18 AM

This is who I always thought Cooper was. (I'm on record in old threads) We will see if it lasts. I think he's a lot like Villopoto. Not much into training, but has accepted that it's necessary. Also, head strong when he has to be.

|

1/20/2019 11:19 AM

Decoster didn’t pick him, Ian did.

|

1/20/2019 11:20 AM

A lot of people talk shit on him but he’s aggressive and speaks his mind. But I guess that’s the soft society coming into sx. hell of a ride and yet another race winner. I would have bet money tomac Roczen Anderson or Musquin would have won by now. Shaping up to be a great season

|

1/20/2019 11:28 AM

Let's give a couple more rounds before knighthood...

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

1/20/2019 11:39 AM

Barcia, Baggett, Webb.
Yep let’s definitely stamp it

|

1/20/2019 12:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2019 12:45 PM

I've been a fan of Cooper Webb since before he turned Pro on a 250 you can dig up the old threads if need be I've compared it to the Alessi versus Villopoto careers in the amateurs Alessi won all the races and got all the hype but once they turned Pro it was different.

The same thing with AC vs Webb. While I like AC and his personality (like Mike too) he got all the hype and championships while Webb was in his shadow.

Once they turned Pros it's been Webb who has got the Championships and now he's in his third season on 450s and AC is still on a 250 being inconsistent.

I'll never forget his first year on the 450 when he was picked for the Moto D team and his first race on the big bike he went toe-to-toe with the world champion and tried a block pass on him during the Moto D it was awesome!

so yeah Roger and Ian are no dummies and I'm sure they saw the potential, he just could not adapt to the Yamaha 450 and it seems like he's gelling with his KTM just fine.

I laugh at all the Webb Bashers the last few years who say he's cocky and blah blah blah well to be a top Rider in today's field you need to be very confident I would think and Coop is not short on confidence and believing in himself and that's a problem? LoL

|

1/20/2019 1:10 PM

UpTiTe wrote:

In reality, but perception is all that count these days. ?

|

1/20/2019 1:13 PM

G-man wrote:

I've been a fan of Cooper Webb since before he turned Pro on a 250 you can dig up the old threads if need be I've compared it to the Alessi versus Villopoto careers in the amateurs Alessi won all the races and got all the hype but once they turned Pro it was different.

The same thing with AC vs Webb. While I like AC and his personality (like Mike too) he got all the hype and championships while Webb was in his shadow.

Once they turned Pros it's been Webb who has got the Championships and now he's in his third season on 450s and AC is still on a 250 being inconsistent.

I'll never forget his first year on the 450 when he was picked for the Moto D team and his first race on the big bike he went toe-to-toe with the world champion and tried a block pass on him during the Moto D it was awesome!

so yeah Roger and Ian are no dummies and I'm sure they saw the potential, he just could not adapt to the Yamaha 450 and it seems like he's gelling with his KTM just fine.

I laugh at all the Webb Bashers the last few years who say he's cocky and blah blah blah well to be a top Rider in today's field you need to be very confident I would think and Coop is not short on confidence and believing in himself and that's a problem? LoL

For the love of God please don't protest him or have girlfriend 1 or is it 2, protest him pretty please.

|

1/20/2019 1:23 PM

Webb is a confidence guy. Aldon is as good at the mental side as he is the training side. Good combo if you ask me.

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Specialized Fuse Comp 29.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

1/20/2019 1:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2019 3:14 PM

CockBobber! grin

Photo

|

1/20/2019 2:47 PM

Doddy wrote:

I'm not really surprised he won to be honest. DeCoster picked him for a reason. We knew he had it in him. I could see him pulling in more wins, absolutely.

Him winning 3rd round in did surprise me though. If there was going to be a big change, I was thinking it would of taken at least a few more rounds in. Season just got more entertaining.

If you are giving credit for Webb to KTM you need to go back to Jeremy at Red Bull. Coop was part of their am program throughout Loretta’s and Jeremy was Webb’s biggest advocator. The stars never aligned in the 250’s but Jeremy and Coop’s Dad Bobby stayed close and Jeremy finally convinced Roger to get Coop on board Red Bull KTM

|

1/20/2019 3:26 PM

Doddy wrote:

ktmwoods wrote:

If you are giving credit for Webb to KTM you need to go back to Jeremy at Red Bull. Coop was part of their am program throughout Loretta’s and Jeremy was Webb’s biggest advocator. The stars never aligned in the 250’s but Jeremy and Coop’s Dad Bobby stayed close and Jeremy finally convinced Roger to get Coop on board Red Bull KTM

I did not know that. Thanks.

|

1/20/2019 4:02 PM

I'm not buying stock in Cooper Webb at this point. All the hype is premature IMO. At A1, it was a mud race and anything can happen in those. Cooper is good in the mud, so it isn't a surprise that he rode well in that race. At Glendale in perfect weather conditions (albeit slick track conditions), he was completely irrelevant on the night. He was irrelevant in his heat race (5th) and in the main event (10th). A2 was a unique track design that was more tight and technical, which obviously fit his riding technique very well. The KTMs had their set ups dialed all day and night. Ya, he rode well at A2, great for him. If he's really a contender now, why was he irrelevant at Glendale (all day)? Had he even gotten a top 5 at Glendale, I'd likely have a different opinion. Right now, he looks to me to be at the level of Dean Wilson which is somewhere in the 5-10 position range - which is respectable but certainly not the level of "title contender". He's 3rd in the points race right now. If he were a stock, I'd short it. If he's still top 3 after Dallas, he will have changed my mind and I'll start believing.

|

1/20/2019 4:07 PM

Not buying the hype on Webb yet. Mud race at A1 and he rides well in mud. He was irrelevant all day at Glendale taking 5th in his heat and 10th in the main. Winning at A2 which was a unique track design (tight and technical) and a triple crown format isn't the norm. Team KTM had their bikes dialed for A2 too. For the season, the normal type of tracks and format will be more like Glendale and I expect more from his performance to what he did at Glendale. Assuming he stays healthy, I see him finishing the season in the 6-10th place range.

|

1/20/2019 4:13 PM

TbonesPop wrote:

I'm not buying stock in Cooper Webb at this point. All the hype is premature IMO. At A1, it was a mud race and anything can happen in those. Cooper is good in the mud, so it isn't a surprise that he rode well in that race. At Glendale in perfect weather conditions (albeit slick track conditions), he was completely irrelevant on the night. He was irrelevant in his heat race (5th) and in the main event (10th). A2 was a unique track design that was more tight and technical, which obviously fit his riding technique very well. The KTMs had their set ups dialed all day and night. Ya, he rode well at A2, great for him. If he's really a contender now, why was he irrelevant at Glendale (all day)? Had he even gotten a top 5 at Glendale, I'd likely have a different opinion. Right now, he looks to me to be at the level of Dean Wilson which is somewhere in the 5-10 position range - which is respectable but certainly not the level of "title contender". He's 3rd in the points race right now. If he were a stock, I'd short it. If he's still top 3 after Dallas, he will have changed my mind and I'll start believing.

So much contradiction in this post. Your bias is showing man. So riding in the mud and on technical tracks means nothing to you...but a hard pack slippery track means all the marbles?

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

1/20/2019 4:14 PM

JB 19 wrote:

This is who I always thought Cooper was. (I'm on record in old threads) We will see if it lasts. I think he's a lot like Villopoto. Not much into training, but has accepted that it's necessary. Also, head strong when he has to be.

Why do you say hes not into training? Hiw do you know that? Hes been working with Swanny who seems to know his stuff and has good results with others. I've never seen Cooper fade at the end of a race or look overweight. Maybe his rookie year didnt look up to par but nothing else.

|

1/20/2019 4:23 PM

TbonesPop wrote:

BobPA wrote:

So much contradiction in this post. Your bias is showing man. So riding in the mud and on technical tracks means nothing to you...but a hard pack slippery track means all the marbles?

Let's revisit this post after Dallas and it will make sense to you. I actually like Cooper. But I'm not buying the hype.

|

1/20/2019 4:39 PM

UpTiTe wrote:

Who picked Ian?

wink

|

1/20/2019 4:40 PM

JB 19 wrote:

kage173 wrote:

Why do you say hes not into training? Hiw do you know that? Hes been working with Swanny who seems to know his stuff and has good results with others. I've never seen Cooper fade at the end of a race or look overweight. Maybe his rookie year didnt look up to par but nothing else.

He said exactly that on the pulpmx show. Was a good honest interview. Also, I thought he said he was working with a different trainer as well.

|

1/20/2019 4:49 PM

UpTiTe wrote:

newmann wrote:

Who picked Ian?

wink

Photo
|

1/20/2019 5:13 PM

BobbyM wrote:

we got 4 thumbs ups and 5 downs. not that it's a surprise on this forum (ahem) but let's get those ups up. ain't no down about it.

|

1/20/2019 5:40 PM

Is he not working with Aldon now? I hardly doubt training is an issue.

|

1/21/2019 9:56 PM

TbonesPop wrote:

BobPA wrote:

TbonesPop wrote:

Let's revisit this post after Dallas and it will make sense to you. I actually like Cooper. But I'm not buying the hype.

Wow I would like a piece of that action.

Are there any bets to be made? I would definitely bet on Coop being above sixth place after Dallas. ?

|