Roger DeCoster health

Related:
Create New Tag

7/31/2017 8:03 PM

Roger has been my moto hero since 1972.

During his talk at Canards retirement, I noticed Roger's left hand moving oddly.

Then he wasn't at Washougal last weekend according to Musquin.

Does anyone know if he is having health issues? (hoping the answer is no)

|

7/31/2017 8:14 PM

I was wondering the same thing when Marvin mentioned him not being at Washougal. Roger is 72 or 73 I think.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

7/31/2017 8:19 PM

The Man has devoted his whole life to the sport and motocross here in the US. We are lucky.

|

7/31/2017 8:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/31/2017 8:35 PM

Topic at hand is something that's crossed my mind a lot over the past couple seasons, in terms of how much gas The Man can possibly have left in the tank. I crossed paths with him in the pits at the Charlotte GP last September. Look at the mans hands. Those hands have seen some shit.

Photo

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

7/31/2017 8:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/31/2017 8:59 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

Topic at hand is something that's crossed my mind a lot over the past couple seasons, in terms of how much gas The Man can possibly have left in the tank. I crossed paths with him in the pits at the Charlotte GP last September. Look at the mans hands. Those hands have seen some shit.

Photo

I got to meet him at his house a few years ago. I remember listening to him talk, and thinking about all that those eyes had seen.

|

7/31/2017 9:03 PM

I'd bet he wouldn't know what to do if he wasn't at the races.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/31/2017 9:11 PM

Shoot he's probably fine. What a guy can't take a day off without rumors starting?
My mom's husband is in his 80s, and he's really gotten into a super healthy diet (organic, no meat, no gmo, etc.) and he's in better health now than in his 70s.
Trust me he has plenty left in the tank! !!!!!!!!!!!

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

7/31/2017 9:29 PM

Crush wrote:

I'd bet he wouldn't know what to do if he wasn't at the races.

Exactly. The Man and a recliner won't get along too well. Hope he's ok.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

7/31/2017 9:50 PM

On TWMX last week

http://motocross.transworld.net/news/roger-decoster-canard-ktm-mxon/#yMzBQoYvLlSXff6o.97

You’ve been at this for so long, so should we expect a retirement announcement from you?

[Laughs] I’m pretty immune to it. It’s not going to be contagious with me.

|

7/31/2017 9:55 PM

I saw him eating at Chik Fil A in Murrietta maybe a month or 2 ago, hahaha. Seemed like he was doing well.

|

7/31/2017 10:02 PM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

I saw him eating at Chik Fil A in Murrietta maybe a month or 2 ago, hahaha. Seemed like he was doing well.

Haha, seriously we all need to learn more about diet. It turns out that chicken (unless free range )is worse (colon cancer) than red meat because the chickens are bunched up in little cages, don't get me wrong chicken filet is badass but. .. Hey I know, how about the Roger gets a trainer, hmmmmm, yep, I know just the one for the job!

|

"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

7/31/2017 10:04 PM

Yep, nothing but tofu from here on out Roger!

|

Blur the technicolor

7/31/2017 10:13 PM

Photo

|

Blur the technicolor

7/31/2017 10:30 PM

Roger is still in good shape! Maybe he's training for a comeback smile.

|

7/31/2017 11:11 PM

Road the 60 mile MN Major with him after Millville. He looked great and hauled the mail.

|

7/31/2017 11:13 PM

oldblood wrote:

Nobody eats that garbage besides the crazy hippy ladies who look like they are 40 years older than they actually are.

|

7/31/2017 11:21 PM

oldblood wrote:

Rockinar wrote:

Nobody eats that garbage besides the crazy hippy ladies who look like they are 40 years older than they actually are.

Ha ha, yes I suppose that's true!

|

Blur the technicolor

7/31/2017 11:57 PM

Personally, I love a tofu burger, as long as it's got bacon, onion and BBQ sauce on it as well.
People think I'm joking when I order them, but order them I do.

If you eat enough Kale, you won't want to live much longer.

|

8/1/2017 3:33 AM

oldblood wrote: Photo

Photo

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

8/1/2017 4:35 AM

oldblood wrote: Photo

MxKing809 wrote: Photo

Lol

Trudeau will never retire either

|

8/1/2017 6:22 AM

KTM owes Roger a significant share of their company. They would still be nothing in the US without him and the development he did on the bikes.

|

8/1/2017 6:28 AM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

Photo

There is one person in the world that I would ask to take a picture with, and that's Roger DeCoster. Awesome picture.

|

8/1/2017 6:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/1/2017 6:44 AM

Roger was, is & will always be my hero. I met him as a kid and was in awe of his "coolness"...and I'm still in awe today. He runs the classiest team in the industry, and I hope KTM has paid him very well.

|

8/1/2017 6:45 AM

Just speculating, but with the passing of Carlquist and Moiseev maybe he was at some kind of GP stars memorial gathering this past weekend.

|

8/1/2017 6:50 AM

What other team manager would stop you in the pits to look over your old bike?

Photo

|

8/1/2017 7:12 AM

davistld01 wrote:

Roger was, is & will always be my hero. I met him as a kid and was in awe of his "coolness"...and I'm still in awe today. He runs the classiest team in the industry, and I hope KTM has paid him very well.

My sentiments exactly. When I was a kid, my top three sports heroes, in order, were Roger D, Fran Tarkenton, and Hank Aaron.

|

8/1/2017 7:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/1/2017 7:15 AM

TheNewOriginal wrote:

There is one person in the world that I would ask to take a picture with, and that's Roger DeCoster. Awesome picture.

Ooops, quoted wrong post. Go Roger!

|

8/1/2017 8:18 AM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

This made me laugh. Reason being, is I often make the joke that I love being in the pro pits at races so much that I could stand and watch Roger DeCoster eat a sandwich and think it's the coolest thing ever.. and that's exactly what you did haha

HEY MATTHES, Chic-fil-a is DeCoster approved! 'nuff said (Matthes always bagging on chic fil a, saying it's way over hyped)

|

8/1/2017 9:41 AM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

This made me laugh. Reason being, is I often make the joke that I love being in the pro pits at races so much that I could stand and watch Roger DeCoster eat a sandwich and think it's the coolest thing ever.. and that's exactly what you did haha

HEY MATTHES, Chic-fil-a is DeCoster approved! 'nuff said (Matthes always bagging on chic fil a, saying it's way over hyped)

Mathes is right about a lot of things, but he is 100% wrong about Chick-fil-a being overhyped. Also not sure about the SX net idea.

|

8/1/2017 9:56 AM

ACBraap wrote:

Mathes is right about a lot of things, but he is 100% wrong about Chick-fil-a being overhyped. Also not sure about the SX net idea.

I could see how the lunch sandwich could be considered nothing too special.... but clearly the man has never experienced a chicken biscuit for breakfast. MAGNIFIQUE!

|