Roczen wow!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

5/26/2018 8:25 PM

He had a line through the right at the bottom of the downhill that went under the bridge that no one else was using, easily the fastest smoothest guy through there.

|

5/26/2018 8:28 PM

Beeby wrote:

The guy is a machine. How do you go from fading last week in Moto two to a Moto two result like that this week?! He has the ...more

No shit! I was gonna be happy to see him run the front pace again & grab a top 10 in moto 2. Nothing short of incredible. The grit that dude has is insane

|

5/26/2018 9:35 PM

Once Eli got back to his old self after his injury people forgot that before Kennys injury he may have been the FMOTP at that time. Eli to start 2015 may be the fastest anyone has ever gone besides James or Herlings though I think that probably was the fastest ever beating Dungey by over a minute at times, but Kenny has been the only guy that was just as all out fast as Eli in a sprint and even faster at times. Theyre very evenly matched at full strength and the sports much better when theyre both healthy. I really hope Kenny can get back to his old self speed wise and we can get American mx/sx back to full strength. Those two battling it out for 1-2 is poetry in mx motion.

If Kenny were healthy him and Eli would be dominating the 1-2 spots and then with Marv, Barcia, Ando, Baggett rounding out the top 6. Thats a very fast group of guys. For the good of the sport I hope we can have all of them at full strength for a season. Thats probably the fastest top 6 of any mx championship in the world though Herlings, Gajser, and Cairolli make a very fast top 3. Cant wait to see them all battle it out at Mxgp Usa and Mxon too. Kenny, Herlings, Tomac, Cairoli are the 4 fastest guys in the world at full strength and I think team wise if Tomac goes to Mxon with Ando, Baggett, Osborne, Martin in some combo thats hard to beat. Either way a healthy Kenny is a healthy us mx circuit so I hope he gets back to full form.

|

5/26/2018 10:40 PM

I N C R E D I B L E, I am blown away by his ability to come back from the severe injuries to both arms. His performance is damn near unbelievable, how is he able to hang on at this pace for the extended amount of moto time so quickly? Kenny must have had the Six Million Dollar Man operation on those arms to be back like this and have the strength needed.

|

5/26/2018 10:45 PM

drt410 wrote:

Once Eli got back to his old self after his injury people forgot that before Kennys injury he may have been the FMOTP at that ...more

Roczen in 16 was every bit as fast as Tomac in 15 if not faster.

|

5/26/2018 10:56 PM

Glad to see KR back, honestly...I had my doubts about him and I was wrong. He's a tough sob, I mean that as a compliment.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

5/26/2018 11:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/26/2018 11:05 PM

Well never know. The point is though that theyre very evenly matched when both are on it and healthy. Its important for the sport for these two to be healthy and I hope Roczen builds over this year quick but safe.

|

5/27/2018 1:41 AM

truly amazing rebounding of abilities between just week 1 and 2

it was amazing watching him click off lap after lap after eli settled in behind him........

hangtown was brutal to watch because you know what he's capable of and what he wants to do but was physically limited.

7 days later and he increased ability by seemingly 75 percent.

he's racing himself back into shape and i'm so happy to watch it progress

because ever since this happened all i could think of was "rick johnson" because i was pouring over old mx at the end of sx.

watching him try to come back from the wrist injury that eventually caused him to retire was so painful.

guy was so badass but.......it was just over.

was praying the same fate wouldn't fall on roczen and there are a lot of indicators that point towards him having a different fate. Thankfully.

|

5/27/2018 1:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/27/2018 1:54 AM

Kenny is so wicked. Great to have him back. His Fox gear was on point as well. Loved the whole look this weekend from his riding and determination right down to his gear.

|

5/27/2018 1:53 AM

drt410 wrote:

Once Eli got back to his old self after his injury people forgot that before Kennys injury he may have been the FMOTP at that ...more

TDeath21 wrote:

And about 10x smoother

|

5/27/2018 2:09 AM

drt410 wrote:

top 3 ? ..dont forget Desalle , Febvre and Paulin

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

5/27/2018 2:19 AM

drt410 wrote:

TDeath21 wrote:

RG1 wrote:

And about 10x smoother

Hence why he completed more than 5 motos. Also, people always point to Tomac’s huge win margins. Well, Roczen was consistently opening up 10-20 second leads within a few laps and then cruising for the final 3/4 the moto, maintaining that same gap at the finish. He could have won by a minute plus but why? No reason to push. As previously mentioned, we saw how pushing till the end ended up for Tomac in 15.

|

5/27/2018 2:43 AM

So if K-Rex can keep getting better, we might have something worth watching, although there was a air of inevitabity about Tomac winning, it bodes well for the next few rounds.. he it 47 out of the lead, and at some point Tomac is gonna Tomac.

Only down side is that unless he DNF's , whatever happens , Tomac wont be out of the top 10.

|

5/27/2018 3:54 AM

Watching Tomac and Roczen ride side by side is a brilliant showing of different riding styles. Roczen looks utterly effortless, it’s such a perfect case study in riding technique. Tomac is fast and great fun to watch, but his riding style doesn’t leave much room for error when something gets out of shape.

|

5/27/2018 4:25 AM

It's funny how much this season is reflecting the 2015 season for Roczen and Tomac so far. Tomac has won the first 4 races, Kenny had one ok moto and one shite moto at Hangtown, and one good moto and one first lap mishap at Glen Helen. Hopefully it doesn't end up like 2015 where Tomac crashes out, and Roczen doesn't quite get to peak level.

|

5/27/2018 4:43 AM

Dude is a beast, he said it himself. His dad didn't raise no pu$$y.

|

5/27/2018 4:48 AM

mattseaton90 wrote:

Watching Tomac and Roczen ride side by side is a brilliant showing of different riding styles. Roczen looks utterly ...more

Kenny may look smooth, but he's riding the same edge as everyone else. Look at Christian Craig and Windham. People think they are more in control, because they are so smooth. That's not the case. It just looks that way.

|

5/27/2018 6:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/27/2018 6:50 AM

Derpin' DJ wrote:

It's funny how much this season is reflecting the 2015 season for Roczen and Tomac so far. Tomac has won the first 4 races, ...more

Agree with you except that Roczen was also dealing with a current/nagging back injury throughout that whole season that he said didnt allow him to ride or do a lot of his training. I'm not saying hes gonna win it all this year but after yesterday, ya never know. If history repeats itself, it is an even # year right now. Kenny has won the last 2 of those 450 mx titles & both were over eli & dungey. #14 #16 #18 is all yours Kenny, keep your head down & go kill that shit!?
Also to note, 16 was his 2nd year on suzuki. Now 2nd on Honda. I know I know, far fetched at this point, but Kenny has a history of being smart & not over riding his abilities in mx & eli has a history for big ejects. Should be a great season if K-Rex94 can keep on heading forward!

|

5/27/2018 7:51 AM

A thought went through my head that his second injury may have kept him out long enough so that the first one could heal even better. He got to recover longer than he would have so that now his wrist is really 6 million dollar man stuff. Then I woke up ... Roczen is just one fit and fast mofo.

|

5/27/2018 9:12 AM

He said in the interview that from the sx crash it allowed his left arm to actually finish up healing because it wasnt at the start of sx so he said now his left arm feels like nothing ever happened. Thats amazing to hear and since his right arm injury is nowhere near as severe once his race shape comes back because he only had literally a couple days before the mx season he should be good to go soon. Thats probably why hes getting better much faster now. That was great to hear and will be good for the series.

|

5/27/2018 9:57 AM

drt410 wrote:

He said in the interview that from the sx crash it allowed his left arm to actually finish up healing because it wasnt at the ...more

I always wondered about that... if his left arm would ever be “normal” again. Glad he mentioned it in the interview and it seems all good (or as good as it will ever be).

|

5/27/2018 12:39 PM

drt410 wrote:

He said in the interview that from the sx crash it allowed his left arm to actually finish up healing because it wasnt at the ...more

Thanks! I must have missed that in the interview. I need to listen to it again and not try listen while I’m doing something else. I apparently can’t walk and chew gum at the same time.

|

5/27/2018 12:44 PM

That kid has had the #1 and #2 best comebacks in moto history!

|

5/27/2018 12:58 PM

Regardless of how he finished and he finished very well, it was the first time since his injuries where you could see the glimpses of the old Roczen. Motocross comes so easy for Kenny and it was very envident at GH.

|

5/27/2018 1:03 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

That kid has had the #1 and #2 best comebacks in moto history!

Oh come on. Pourcel broke his back and came back to win 2 250sx titles and almost won 2 outdoor titles. Roczen broke his arms....

|

5/27/2018 2:25 PM

Ken was floating over the bumps as Eli pounded through. It was awesome to see two distinct styles at play.
Photo

|

5/27/2018 2:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/27/2018 2:47 PM

Shaun_Powelson wrote:

Agree with you except that Roczen was also dealing with a current/nagging back injury throughout that whole season that he ...more

Roczen has done great in his come back, and yesterday was nothing short of amazing, but to say Eli has a history of big ejects and Roczen doesn't really doesn't make much sense to me. I mean at this point Tomac has more race wins in the past 2 years than Kenny has races completed. Not to rain on the parade here but I just think that statement is almost the opposite of what is reality.

That being said Tomac could wad it up at Lakewood again and I might have to eat my words..

|

5/27/2018 2:56 PM

DPR250R wrote:

Always kept my thoughts to myself but I doubted his recovery, never his ability or determination. I honestly thought his left ...more

That's a name I haven't heard in a while, man he was a God in both sports. Think we'll ever see another two sport athlete again? Love to see an NHL guy ride moto! w00t the emoticon let's u know I know it'll never happen, moto is too dangerous, but another baseball football or hockey baseball guy would be great

|

5/27/2018 3:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/27/2018 3:08 PM

TDeath21 wrote:

RG1 wrote:

And about 10x smoother

TDeath21 wrote:

Hence why he completed more than 5 motos. Also, people always point to Tomac’s huge win margins. Well, Roczen was consistently ...more

Tomac crashing out in '15 was almost inevitable. The way he was riding was completely unsustainable for 24 motos and something like that was bound to happen eventually, he just seemed hell bent on proving a point every time. He's definitely learnt from that in terms of pacing himself better. All he has to do now is prove that he can convincingly close out a season without throwing races away. He's never been able to do that on a 450

|

5/27/2018 3:27 PM

Derpin' DJ wrote:

It's funny how much this season is reflecting the 2015 season for Roczen and Tomac so far. Tomac has won the first 4 races, ...more

Shaun_Powelson wrote:

Agree with you except that Roczen was also dealing with a current/nagging back injury throughout that whole season that he ...more

jorgechavez wrote:

Roczen has done great in his come back, and yesterday was nothing short of amazing, but to say Eli has a history of big ejects ...more

Talking MX specifically. I really can't recall any big eject in MX for Kenny if memory is correct. Also, a side from that, eli just has more wtf moments big or small. I know ken hasn't raced in 2yrs. I wouldn't put $ on him for the title cause I'm not stupid to realize he just needs to build. However, if both were at full 100% I think Ken has the edge cause hes way smoother & less likely to crash. Both amazing to watch & totally different styles tho. Just my opinion

|