Roczen wins Battle Tomac wins War!

KX500
Edited Date/Time 3/12/2020 7:07pm
So Indy turns out to be the last race of the year. Roczen wins while Tomac takes a smart 2nd place.

Tomac is SX Champ with most wins tiebreaker.

Couldn't get a closer points chase than that, right?

I honestly hope this not how it goes down, but if I were a betting man, I'd have a hard time betting against it!

|
3/12/2020 11:49am
Don't care who ends up on top of points after Indy (if it's final race)...after an aborted season....there is no championship in my eyes.

In fact, were it me, I'd refuse any title under those circumstances.

mx 219
Fantasy
857th
3/12/2020 11:51am
I think they should almost have to race 15 rounrds to crown a champion 11/17 isn't enough in my eyes. If that's what happens then so be it and I won't say asterisk this or asterisk that, but I do think the more rounds they get in the better it will look.
dedi684
3/12/2020 11:51am
Yeah ok refuse the title because the guy with the most points doesnt win the championship?
3/12/2020 11:54am
Don't care who ends up on top of points after Indy (if it's final race)...after an aborted season....there is no championship in my eyes. In fact...
Don't care who ends up on top of points after Indy (if it's final race)...after an aborted season....there is no championship in my eyes.

I hope they don’t call it either, because if they do, we will have to listen to negative Nancy’s like you talk crap about Eli’s illegitimate championship for the next decade even though he has absolutely no control on if they cancel races. They all line up and the gate drops the same for everyone.

The Shop

3/12/2020 12:02pm
I hope they don’t call it either, because if they do, we will have to listen to negative Nancy’s like you talk crap about Eli’s illegitimate...
I hope they don’t call it either, because if they do, we will have to listen to negative Nancy’s like you talk crap about Eli’s illegitimate championship for the next decade even though he has absolutely no control on if they cancel races. They all line up and the gate drops the same for everyone.
Already naming Eli as champ....I see why the "down voters' are whining. Eli fan bois...they think Eli has it in the bag. Eli could crash out or finish 10th and Roczen wins it and the so called "title". I clearly said "don't care who is on top after Indy (if final race of season). It ain't a championship no matter who it is...

KX500
3/12/2020 12:02pm
"In fact, were it me, I'd refuse any title under those circumstances. "

Sure you would, it's not like an SX championship is worth any real money or anything.

And in the scenario above, the Champ would be the guy who won the most races.

Not as good as running all the races, but at least the season was not called after less than half the races.
3/12/2020 12:04pm
KX500 wrote:
"In fact, were it me, I'd refuse any title under those circumstances. " Sure you would, it's not like an SX championship is worth any real...

Sure you would, it's not like an SX championship is worth any real money or anything.

Not as good as running all the races, but at least the season was not called after less than half the races.
You don't speak for me..... Like I said, no....I wouldn't accept it....it's a question of integrity. I realize that's lost on today's generation.

3/12/2020 12:04pm
As of now it seems Indy is a go so to crown either guy as the champion when they are separated by three points is foolish in my opinion. Who knows how Tomac will respond to the added pressure of this potentially being the last race, wouldn't be surprised if that plays a role.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
3/12/2020 12:09pm
Don't care who ends up on top of points after Indy (if it's final race)...after an aborted season....there is no championship in my eyes. In fact...

would you not take the bonus that came with it as well?
footglove
3/12/2020 12:10pm
KX500 wrote:
"In fact, were it me, I'd refuse any title under those circumstances. " Sure you would, it's not like an SX championship is worth any real...

You don't speak for me..... Like I said, no....I wouldn't accept it....it's a question of integrity. I realize that's lost on today's generation.

Are you secretly Debbie Downer from SNL?
3/12/2020 12:13pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2020 12:15pm
scott_nz wrote:
Nope. Again, integrity. I would not take something that is not fully earned. Were I at these guys level, I suspect my bank account is already well lined. I would be open to partial bonus based on results to date....but that is all.

The big sticking point though for me is being crowned for something unfinished.

3/12/2020 12:14pm
footglove wrote:
Are you secretly Debbie Downer from SNL?
I loved those skits...she was funny back then.

...but no...not being a downer....just being true to who I am.
kyle43mx
3/12/2020 12:15pm

You definitely win dumbest comment of the day with this one. Let’s pretend you’re even remotely close to the talent level of Tomac or Roczen and in a position to take your first 450sx championship but you’re going to turn it down because you didn’t race enough?? Hahaha that is the most absurd thing I’ve heard in a while. Hope you’re cool with losing that hypothetical championship bonus check as well.
CivBars
3/12/2020 12:19pm
It's only Thursday at Noon. With the way things have been escalating, There's enough time to have this weekend's race cancelled.
zehn
3/12/2020 12:20pm

Bet you wouldn't refuse the championship bonus that came along with it.

Actually a guarantee you wouldn't
loftyair
3/12/2020 12:31pm
MEC...
15 rounds minimum, or asterisk that champ!
Please...
Personally I want them to 'race' non-stop, which as humans is not possible. But, outdoors is 'real' mx, so.
Fonzarelli
3/12/2020 12:32pm

If they complete Indy that will be 11 rounds.

Apparently Bob Hannah was never a Supercross Champion since in 1977 there were 10 rounds, 1978 there were 11 rounds and 1979 there were 12 rounds.
slipdog
3/12/2020 12:39pm
Derp comes in cracking with a stellar first post...
3/12/2020 12:45pm
Fonzarelli wrote:
If they complete Indy that will be 11 rounds. Apparently Bob Hannah was never a Supercross Champion since in 1977 there were 10 rounds, 1978 there...

Apparently Bob Hannah was never a Supercross Champion since in 1977 there were 10 rounds, 1978 there were 11 rounds and 1979 there were 12 rounds.
I'm rusty on my history..... were these complete seasons? If so...what's your point? I'm referring to this case which is apparently going to be an aborted season.

RandyS
3/12/2020 12:51pm
CivBars wrote:
It's only Thursday at Noon. With the way things have been escalating, There's enough time to have this weekend's race cancelled.
What does CR22 know?
footglove
3/12/2020 12:52pm
Fonzarelli wrote:
If they complete Indy that will be 11 rounds. Apparently Bob Hannah was never a Supercross Champion since in 1977 there were 10 rounds, 1978 there...

I'm rusty on my history..... were these complete seasons? If so...what's your point? I'm referring to this case which is apparently going to be an aborted...
I'm rusty on my history..... were these complete seasons? If so...what's your point? I'm referring to this case which is apparently going to be an aborted season.

What if the races were cancelled at the beginning of the season, but they were able to finish the second half?

Does the 1972 World Series not count?
Dust601
3/12/2020 1:02pm

zehn wrote:
Bet you wouldn't refuse the championship bonus that came along with it.

Actually a guarantee you wouldn't
I wouldn’t be so sure. Have you seen his comments the last few days? He’s either been going on a multi day trolling spree, or he’s really f’ing dumb.
Wouldn’t shock me one bit.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
3/12/2020 1:44pm
scott_nz wrote:
Nope. Again, integrity. I would not take something that is not fully earned. Were I at these guys level, I suspect my bank account is already...
Nope. Again, integrity. I would not take something that is not fully earned. Were I at these guys level, I suspect my bank account is already well lined. I would be open to partial bonus based on results to date....but that is all.

The big sticking point though for me is being crowned for something unfinished.

I, for one, appreciate your moral stance. However, consider it this way: it IS finished and fully earned. Your responsibility to the championship and your employer is to gather the most available points and outscore everyone else. It really doesn't matter if that's one race, five races or 17 races. If you did the best at collecting points through however many rounds were run, and your competitors were not unfairly prevented from earning points at any time, then you are the champ.
BroFoSho
3/12/2020 1:45pm

OK Boomer...
3/12/2020 1:50pm
Falcon wrote:
I, for one, appreciate your moral stance. However, consider it this way: it IS finished and fully earned. Your responsibility to the championship and your employer...
I, for one, appreciate your moral stance. However, consider it this way: it IS finished and fully earned. Your responsibility to the championship and your employer is to gather the most available points and outscore everyone else. It really doesn't matter if that's one race, five races or 17 races. If you did the best at collecting points through however many rounds were run, and your competitors were not unfairly prevented from earning points at any time, then you are the champ.
I get what you're saying. It's just not that way in my mind. Thanks for responding in a respectful manner.
Chance1216
3/12/2020 1:50pm
I hope they don’t call it either, because if they do, we will have to listen to negative Nancy’s like you talk crap about Eli’s illegitimate...
Already naming Eli as champ....I see why the "down voters' are whining. Eli fan bois...they think Eli has it in the bag. Eli could crash out...
Already naming Eli as champ....I see why the "down voters' are whining. Eli fan bois...they think Eli has it in the bag. Eli could crash out or finish 10th and Roczen wins it and the so called "title". I clearly said "don't care who is on top after Indy (if final race of season). It ain't a championship no matter who it is...

I down voted you. Whoever wins, points are points no matter how short the season is.
kiwifan
3/12/2020 1:53pm
Gee I hope it doesnt end up that way in that there is only one more race, its easy to overeact to these things....
3/12/2020 1:53pm
Chance1216 wrote:
I down voted you. Whoever wins, points are points no matter how short the season is.
...and I respectfully disagree. Appreciate the transparency and respectful response though.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3725th
3/12/2020 1:57pm
Big time Eli naysayer for the most part here.

If they call it after Indy, however it ends is how it ends and the champ is a champ. They all have had the same opportunities and a fair chance to be leading points right now.

If Eli wins, I’ll be happy for him.

Post a reply to: Roczen wins Battle Tomac wins War!

The Latest