Roczen to the GPs rumor

wrc777
Fantasy
783rd
3/2/2022 6:16pm
Roczen did 3 years in mx2 and he is from Germany. I would think of all riders not racing in mxgp he would have the easiest transition.
RalphS
3/2/2022 7:13pm
Rumor has it that this thread is pure nonsense
Heggo
3/2/2022 9:36pm
wrc777 wrote:
Roczen did 3 years in mx2 and he is from Germany. I would think of all riders not racing in mxgp he would have the easiest...
Roczen did 3 years in mx2 and he is from Germany. I would think of all riders not racing in mxgp he would have the easiest transition.
For sure the European riders would have the best transition still they would have to readapt with the schedule and their training regime
Joey_Bridges
3/3/2022 4:48am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2022 4:49am
RalphS wrote:
Rumor has it that this thread is pure nonsense
More than a rumor it's safe to say.
Probably needs to be combined with the conspiracy theories thread in non moto.

The Shop

mg311
3/3/2022 5:17am
Roczen sign with triumph
vet40
3/3/2022 7:16am
"I've always felt he's far more classy then that." Wtf does that even mean? Outdoors is wide open, brutal, and nasty. Sx is precise and elegant...
"I've always felt he's far more classy then that." Wtf does that even mean? Outdoors is wide open, brutal, and nasty. Sx is precise and elegant. Some would call it beautiful. If one takes more class, it's sx. Of course no one says one is more classier than the other because that's just weird. We get it dude, you don't like sx. Go post in your dumb thread
Suggesting Sx is elegant isn’t weird then.. Yeah right lol.

Sx is brutal, just look the injury lists, take outs & frustrated riders.

Sx is cash cow, and for riders that don’t like to travel outside their own country it makes a lot of sense.

I actually don’t hate sx, I just wondered why the most elite would want to do it, some of the injuries come from the most minor mistake or something you couldn’t control, see Forkner.

I just think when you have the talent on Roczen & 20 min dash on a slipper narrow dangerous transitions isn’t worth it.

I assume you’ve never been to a European GP judging by your out door assumptions.
mxb2
3/3/2022 7:32am
"I've always felt he's far more classy then that." Wtf does that even mean? Outdoors is wide open, brutal, and nasty. Sx is precise and elegant...
"I've always felt he's far more classy then that." Wtf does that even mean? Outdoors is wide open, brutal, and nasty. Sx is precise and elegant. Some would call it beautiful. If one takes more class, it's sx. Of course no one says one is more classier than the other because that's just weird. We get it dude, you don't like sx. Go post in your dumb thread
vet40 wrote:
Suggesting Sx is elegant isn’t weird then.. Yeah right lol. Sx is brutal, just look the injury lists, take outs & frustrated riders. Sx is cash...

Sx is cash cow, and for riders that don’t like to travel outside their own country it makes a lot of sense.

I actually don’t hate sx, I just wondered why the most elite would want to do it, some of the injuries come from the most minor mistake or something you couldn’t control, see Forkner.

I just think when you have the talent on Roczen & 20 min dash on a slipper narrow dangerous transitions isn’t worth it.

I assume you’ve never been to a European GP judging by your out door assumptions.
How many usa sx races have you been to?
lestat
3/3/2022 12:59pm
Seems more likely to me that Kenny goes to WSX for a boatload of guaranteed money .
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/3/2022 2:02pm
vet40 wrote:
I would say so. I have a lot of respect for the US top riders, on their national tracks they are as fast as any GP...
I would say so.

I have a lot of respect for the US top riders, on their national tracks they are as fast as any GP rider.

But stick them on the GP tour & they will start becoming lost in the variety of terrains, longer wk ends, track conditions, weather etc

Do you remember Mitch Payten saying the fastest riders are the fastest riders, shortly before the Lommel MXON, referring to the fact that the US nationals guys will still be on top despite never competing at Lommel.

What happened ? Pro circuit national champs Blake Baggest gets lapped by Tanol Leok.

Obv it would only happen at somewhere on the GP calendar as there is a different art to GP’s.

It’s a level above any national series..
DonM wrote:
Hanging your hat on one friggin race….one friggin race…
Heggo wrote:
It's more than one race. There's plenty of evidence showing US riders, none more proving then Villo, having difficults in adopting to massive change in geography...
It's more than one race. There's plenty of evidence showing US riders, none more proving then Villo, having difficults in adopting to massive change in geography, borders, food, culture, travel, languages, schedule, racing style, track conditions, increased bike set up possibilities and getting lost .... it's a different beast that takes time. Just as it takes time for GP riders going to the USA. Any rider changing needs 2 years minimum to learn and adapt.

Cream will always rise though.
None more proving than Villo? He was promised many things, including his US bike that never came through, was only there to fulfill contract obligations and he still got a win.
DonM
3/3/2022 2:20pm
vet40 wrote:
Suggesting Sx is elegant isn’t weird then.. Yeah right lol. Sx is brutal, just look the injury lists, take outs & frustrated riders. Sx is cash...

“For riders that don’t like to travel out of their own country it makes a lot of sense”…oh let me see…Ferandis, Musquin, Roczen and both Lawrence brothers are some of the current riders who have traveled out of their own country….not to mention the many before them
“Some of the injuries come from the most minor mistake”…One word…Herlings…

You keep arguing the same BS and nobody agrees with you…nobody…so that might be an indicator that YOU could possibly be wrong…
toomanykaws
3/3/2022 3:49pm
RV gets piled on for his efforts. But to be fair. That KX450 wasn’t the same he had for the outdoors in the US. Had he not got “injured” Kawi in the US was about to send parts and his old wrench over to help his efforts.
Heggo
3/3/2022 4:40pm
RV gets piled on for his efforts. But to be fair. That KX450 wasn’t the same he had for the outdoors in the US. Had he...
RV gets piled on for his efforts. But to be fair. That KX450 wasn’t the same he had for the outdoors in the US. Had he not got “injured” Kawi in the US was about to send parts and his old wrench over to help his efforts.
and that bike and mechanic would have still needed time to adapt. US settings don't work as well in Europe and that is why the riders try to get there with time to test before every MXdN or MXoN. It wasn't a lack of knowledge in Europe holding him back.
DonM
3/3/2022 6:15pm
RV gets piled on for his efforts. But to be fair. That KX450 wasn’t the same he had for the outdoors in the US. Had he...
Heggo wrote:
and that bike and mechanic would have still needed time to adapt. US settings don't work as well in Europe and that is why the riders...
and that bike and mechanic would have still needed time to adapt. US settings don't work as well in Europe and that is why the riders try to get there with time to test before every MXdN or MXoN. It wasn't a lack of knowledge in Europe holding him back.
All he wanted was his same motor….
t.jp3g
3/3/2022 8:03pm
Y’all can call me crazy but full yarn on the conspiracy map mode. Japan Suzuki guys in the pits…. roczen has one more year on the Red Bull deal… What if we see a fully works Suzuki with Kenny as the pilot in Europe ? One can imagine….
Harry_Gray
3/3/2022 9:02pm
tek14 wrote:
Very unlikely he will do long MXGP series. New euro SX series could fit him better just couple of races and no big names racing.
I agree with you; could see him doing that instead of him racing GP's. Probably would get a good payday doing that, plus possibly staying on a Honda team with works parts.
Heggo
3/4/2022 1:58am
Heggo wrote:
and that bike and mechanic would have still needed time to adapt. US settings don't work as well in Europe and that is why the riders...
DonM wrote:
All he wanted was his same motor….
I'm not bagging on RV. One of best ever in the world. RV engine couldn't happen because they use lower octane fuel and exhaust dB levels so it wouldn't be his engine spec from USA. Another reason USA is handicapped at MXoN because their teams don't have the development time with those requirements so most use a Euro rider's settings on a borrowed bike that are close to their liking with maybe bit of tweaking if lucky. I know one US team used to do some testing with Euro settings but still nowhere near what is required to be at even level.
vet40
3/4/2022 10:34am
vet40 wrote:

DonM wrote:
“For riders that don’t like to travel out of their own country it makes a lot of sense”…oh let me see…Ferandis, Musquin, Roczen and both Lawrence...
“For riders that don’t like to travel out of their own country it makes a lot of sense”…oh let me see…Ferandis, Musquin, Roczen and both Lawrence brothers are some of the current riders who have traveled out of their own country….not to mention the many before them

You keep arguing the same BS and nobody agrees with you…nobody…so that might be an indicator that YOU could possibly be wrong…
So 8th place is making sense for Ferrandis ?

Your adding so much emotion your loosing track of the results.

I don’t care who agrees with me, Sx is no comparison to MXGP. It’s a well paid side show.

It’s like taking Hamilton, Verstapan, vetel etc & taco them round a little indoor go cart circuit, but because it’s easier to reach the casual fans somehow it’s better. It just isn’t.

You put money before everything that really matters.
mxb2
3/4/2022 10:50am
vet40 wrote:

DonM wrote:
“For riders that don’t like to travel out of their own country it makes a lot of sense”…oh let me see…Ferandis, Musquin, Roczen and both Lawrence...

vet40 wrote:
So 8th place is making sense for Ferrandis ? Your adding so much emotion your loosing track of the results. I don’t care who agrees with...

I don’t care who agrees with me, Sx is no comparison to MXGP. It’s a well paid side show.

It’s like taking Hamilton, Verstapan, vetel etc & taco them round a little indoor go cart circuit, but because it’s easier to reach the casual fans somehow it’s better. It just isn’t.

Well you better tell herlings and gajser to ride for way less of a paycheck then Since according to you its not about $, but the love of the sport, integrity. Lol. Foh.
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1464th
3/4/2022 11:13am
I hope he stay in the industry when or IF he retires.... He is very personable and professional.
DonM
3/4/2022 12:13pm
vet40 wrote:

DonM wrote:

vet40 wrote:
So 8th place is making sense for Ferrandis ? Your adding so much emotion your loosing track of the results. I don’t care who agrees with...

“Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.”

54 posts…all on the same subject…you’re off to a great start on here…Have a nice day…
vet40
3/4/2022 1:04pm
mxb2 wrote:
Well you better tell herlings and gajser to ride for way less of a paycheck then Since according to you its not about $, but the...
Well you better tell herlings and gajser to ride for way less of a paycheck then Since according to you its not about $, but the love of the sport, integrity. Lol. Foh.
All the top MXGP guys have money & the series.

There is no compromise.
mxb2
3/4/2022 1:16pm
mxb2 wrote:
Well you better tell herlings and gajser to ride for way less of a paycheck then Since according to you its not about $, but the...
vet40 wrote:

There is no compromise.
According to you money isnt important. So why mention it? Pretty sure herlings disagrees with you, he likes $ also.
mxb2
3/4/2022 1:21pm
mxb2 wrote:
vet40 wrote:

There is no compromise.
How many sx races have you been to? And yes i ve been to a sx. Mx mxon mxgp

Post a reply to: Roczen to the GPs rumor

The Latest