Roczen to the GPs rumor

Dimblewambie
Edited Date/Time 3/4/2022 1:21pm
I’ll start with saying that the new MXGP review pod with Adam Wheeler and Lewis Phillips on the RacerX feed is great, glad we finally have something like that on one of the American media sites.

Near the end of the pod they touch on rumors around the paddock being Roczen coming back to the GP circuit potentially next year. Any further details from our ÜRO insiders?
|
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
2/28/2022 3:37pm
I don't see Roczen moving back to Europe when he's accustomed himself to the US and made so many friends here. He's also expressed interest in SX only, so I'm not sure if he wants to go MX only moving forward. I'm just speculating though..
Dimblewambie
2/28/2022 3:46pm
I don't see Roczen moving back to Europe when he's accustomed himself to the US and made so many friends here. He's also expressed interest in...
I don't see Roczen moving back to Europe when he's accustomed himself to the US and made so many friends here. He's also expressed interest in SX only, so I'm not sure if he wants to go MX only moving forward. I'm just speculating though..
They mention he’s said to people as recently as this year, he wants to travel the GP circuit with his family to show them where he came from/used to do.

It all comes as a rather huge shock to me as well, as I shared all the same sentiments as you prior.
ktm 125
2/28/2022 3:52pm
or he could stay in us for sx 23 buy a 2 stroke and going out in style

The Shop

Big_dawg
2/28/2022 3:54pm
This sounds like something a Phil would come up with
2/28/2022 4:09pm
Didn't he just go back to Euro the other week for some unknown reason? Medical excuse could be a cover story for something else
Spooner
2/28/2022 4:11pm
I could see him maybe going to the world SX series instead. Shorter season and I bet he could get a good check for being the main star in it.
JazzyJJ
2/28/2022 4:14pm
Dude can’t last a whole main these days, you think he’s gonna bang out two 35s? Yea right
crc245
2/28/2022 5:04pm
Don't care which continent Ken's racing, I'd just like to see him having fun and enjoying two wheels again...

From witnessing it firsthand at the MXdN in Colorado till now, it's been a pleasure watching him ride 👍
Break295
Fantasy
3297th
2/28/2022 5:08pm
As someone who has never been that into MXGP, I think it would be bad ass to see Roczen race that series. I’d definitely watch and root for him. I think this is a cool scenario.
2/28/2022 5:14pm
JazzyJJ wrote:
Dude can’t last a whole main these days, you think he’s gonna bang out two 35s? Yea right
Surely you remember him riding well during the nationals less than a year ago, right? I was at Budds where his 1-2 got beat by Ferrandis' 2-1, the dude can still hang outdoors.
2/28/2022 5:29pm
JazzyJJ wrote:
Surely you remember him riding well during the nationals less than a year ago, right? I was at Budds where his 1-2 got beat by Ferrandis'...
Surely you remember him riding well during the nationals less than a year ago, right? I was at Budds where his 1-2 got beat by Ferrandis' 2-1, the dude can still hang outdoors.
You honestly think he’s gonna bang bars with those guys in Europe? Herlings will eat him alive. You see what Webb does to the poor fella.
Bineano
2/28/2022 5:57pm
I would enjoy seeing him race MXGP again, but can’t see it.
Saturday Qualifiers + 2 Motos on brutal tracks vs Supercross?
If his body is giving him grief, MXGP will do him in, imo.
Cortami79
2/28/2022 6:02pm
I don’t see the upside for him doing that. He has had a wonderful career. Gnarly injuries, comebacks and wins. Anyways it’s his choice. Would be cool to see him riding GP’s again but I can’t see him winning against Gajser, Febvre, Herlings anymore. Not because of a lack of talent obviously.. he did beat them before
JazzyJJ
2/28/2022 6:13pm
JazzyJJ wrote:
Surely you remember him riding well during the nationals less than a year ago, right? I was at Budds where his 1-2 got beat by Ferrandis'...
This is a what have you done for me lately sport. He was rolling the whoops getting lapped last weekend, and none better the week before. His recent body of work is not confidence inspiring,
yz25
2/28/2022 6:33pm
I always wondered how RD5 would do over seas. Seems like his style of racing.
If RV struggled I don’t see KR being able to handle that schedule this point in his career.
Question. Is he on the books for this years MX season?
Adam43
2/28/2022 6:57pm
JazzyJJ wrote:
Could also have days like Unadilla 2021, smashing everyone both motos without even trying.

GPs are drastically less hot and humid overall than US Nationals. That's been at the root of Roczen's bad days outdoors.

Wouldn't bet on him vs. Herlings, but Gasjer, Seewer, etc? I'll take Ken.

Good move IMO.
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2562nd
2/28/2022 8:58pm
Tomac is shifting the tide but the US has historically burned out riders much younger than the GPs did. Villo went to Europe in hopes of adding a little more time to his career and ultimately failed, but Roczen may be able to do it successfully since he grew up in the series and had a lot of success there. Everts and Cairoli both won’t titles past 30 years old. It may be a smart move.
ACBailey89
Fantasy
2563rd
2/28/2022 9:24pm
Bineano wrote:
I would enjoy seeing him race MXGP again, but can’t see it. Saturday Qualifiers + 2 Motos on brutal tracks vs Supercross? If his body is...
I would enjoy seeing him race MXGP again, but can’t see it.
Saturday Qualifiers + 2 Motos on brutal tracks vs Supercross?
If his body is giving him grief, MXGP will do him in, imo.
Disagree there. They have way more and longer breaks in between races than here. It is a meat grinder between sx and the motocross series over here.
2/28/2022 9:35pm
Didn't he just go back to Euro the other week for some unknown reason? Medical excuse could be a cover story for something else
He,s re-recording Everts hit single I,m the Best. But changing the lyrics to I need some Rest.
lloyd2890
2/28/2022 11:22pm
Tomac is shifting the tide but the US has historically burned out riders much younger than the GPs did. Villo went to Europe in hopes of...
Tomac is shifting the tide but the US has historically burned out riders much younger than the GPs did. Villo went to Europe in hopes of adding a little more time to his career and ultimately failed, but Roczen may be able to do it successfully since he grew up in the series and had a lot of success there. Everts and Cairoli both won’t titles past 30 years old. It may be a smart move.
With all due respect, Villo came here for one thing and one thing only…..a big payday! He’s openly said that he had one year left on his Kawasaki deal and he was done with the US racing.
Tank_Slapper
2/28/2022 11:28pm
Tomac is shifting the tide but the US has historically burned out riders much younger than the GPs did. Villo went to Europe in hopes of...
lloyd2890 wrote:
With all due respect, Villo came here for one thing and one thing only…..a big payday! He’s openly said that he had one year left on...
With all due respect, Villo came here for one thing and one thing only…..a big payday! He’s openly said that he had one year left on his Kawasaki deal and he was done with the US racing.
Bask in American glory, love us fear us, USA USA USA

heavy sarcasm
tek14
2/28/2022 11:51pm
Very unlikely he will do long MXGP series. New euro SX series could fit him better just couple of races and no big names racing.
Motofinne
3/1/2022 12:14am
I'd be shocked if Roczen does the full GPs again. What i could see is a SX only deal with the World SX series included (and maybe one off GPs if he wants to do that).

I think this is his last season doing the full US schedule.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
3/1/2022 1:58am
Oh yeah! Bring back the TEKA Zooki with 94. I still got poster somewhere from those days. Grinning
vet40
3/1/2022 2:34am
It makes sense.

No matter how good you are Sx is more of a lottery, yes there are better riders at coming though the pack, but Sx is narrow, steep & slippery. All with shorter more intense racing.

Having the talent level of Roczen is wasted on an SX track, I’ve always felt he’s far more classy then that.

Someone like Roczen can use his skills in a more patient way & gain advantages without such risks on a proper Gp track.

Sx is a fun sport to follow, but it’s not the same as the true art of riding a GP.

bens152
3/1/2022 4:05am
vet40 wrote:
It makes sense. No matter how good you are Sx is more of a lottery, yes there are better riders at coming though the pack, but...
It makes sense.

No matter how good you are Sx is more of a lottery, yes there are better riders at coming though the pack, but Sx is narrow, steep & slippery. All with shorter more intense racing.

Having the talent level of Roczen is wasted on an SX track, I’ve always felt he’s far more classy then that.

Someone like Roczen can use his skills in a more patient way & gain advantages without such risks on a proper Gp track.

Sx is a fun sport to follow, but it’s not the same as the true art of riding a GP.

The way he flows an outdoors track is just beautiful. Needless to say his first lap speed and passes are some of the most incredible riding I’ve ever seen.

Post a reply to: Roczen to the GPs rumor

The Latest