Roczen smoked them all

matze
Fantasy
3101st
Edited Date/Time 5/23/2016 9:14am
Those opening laps where such impressive especially in the first moto, just blowing by in the corners. Didnt expect that tbh. Eli on the other hand was a little bit disappointing, hopefully he will improve. But im sure he will shine soon, especially on a rougher track.
|
5/22/2016 4:43am Edited Date/Time 5/22/2016 4:43am
he was 10th or so in first moto after first corner , after a few corners already in front .... Roczen looked really good , hope he stays healthy and gives Dungey a good battle for the title
resetjet
5/22/2016 4:44am
Ken pinning it. Lets see him do that for 24 motos and stay healthy. If he does he will win. Et being smart, he doesnt want to push it yet, but soon he will have to. And then the dunge, who will most likely get 2nd and a few firsts all year and win again.
IWreckALot
5/22/2016 4:50am
resetjet wrote:
Ken pinning it. Lets see him do that for 24 motos and stay healthy. If he does he will win. Et being smart, he doesnt want...
Ken pinning it. Lets see him do that for 24 motos and stay healthy. If he does he will win. Et being smart, he doesnt want to push it yet, but soon he will have to. And then the dunge, who will most likely get 2nd and a few firsts all year and win again.
Yeah. First race of the season. I'm thinking dungey did what dungey does. Went to get good points and leave healthy. I wouldn't say that roczen smoked them though. He won by less than :10 each moto. That's not a huge margin. His passes early in the races though we're impressive. I was a bit surprised that dungey wasn't more aggressive but maybe that was his strategy, or maybe something was a bit off with the bike, or roczen was just faster this week. Probably a bit of all of that.

The Shop

PressPassP
5/22/2016 4:50am
Roczen put on an awesome show,hope he's in for MXdN too,get that in early Cool
BobPA
5/22/2016 4:51am
Hell yeah, I'm just hoping for some good racing. A healthy Kenny will make it interesting
kongols
5/22/2016 4:53am
And I was wondering where all my smokes went.
Prntscrn
5/22/2016 4:54am Edited Date/Time 5/22/2016 4:56am
He's always hade the speed and talent. His biggest weakness imo is mental. When things start going against him or added pressure he seems to fade. While someone like Dungey for example just seems to put his head down and stride in those conditions. With that said I think pulling away from Dungey and not letting him catch him was huge for him yesterday!
matze
Fantasy
3101st
5/22/2016 4:57am
He pulled a little gap and was in cruise controll since then. When dungey was closing in a little bit he improved his laptimes again. But again dungey is and will be always right there, earning those points. He never won an overall at hangtown, so i expect him to improve next weekend.
jamma10
5/22/2016 5:05am
resetjet wrote:
Ken pinning it. Lets see him do that for 24 motos and stay healthy. If he does he will win. Et being smart, he doesnt want...
On RacerX Tomac said he was chasing set up and struggling with his lines.
5/22/2016 5:07am
IWreckALot wrote:
Yeah. First race of the season. I'm thinking dungey did what dungey does. Went to get good points and leave healthy. I wouldn't say that roczen...
Yeah. First race of the season. I'm thinking dungey did what dungey does. Went to get good points and leave healthy. I wouldn't say that roczen smoked them though. He won by less than :10 each moto. That's not a huge margin. His passes early in the races though we're impressive. I was a bit surprised that dungey wasn't more aggressive but maybe that was his strategy, or maybe something was a bit off with the bike, or roczen was just faster this week. Probably a bit of all of that.
I don't think Dungey wants to let Roczen think that Roczen's faster. Especially a Dungey who is trained by Aldon.
Ted722
5/22/2016 5:16am
Roczen was effortless, Dunge was Dunge, and Baggett was inspiring.

It was Roczen's and Suzuki's day.
5/22/2016 5:34am
Great race from Kenny yesterday.I think he is in the best shape of his life and can keep it till the end.Dungey rode like always at the start of the nationals,not the fastest but rock solid.Tomac disappointed me a bit.I thougt he would be closer to Roczen and Dungey or even better.The next races will show if he strikes back.
davistld01
5/22/2016 5:39am
Kenny did great, rode super strong. Dungey rode like Dungey...smart. He knows the season is a marathon, and not a sprint.

Bultaco
5/22/2016 5:41am
He looked really good and aggressive on the first lap. Then he backed it down. Smart. He should have the pieces to keep doing that for 11 more weekends. But I don't think it will play out like that. But yesterday, Ken was the guy.
mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
5/22/2016 6:22am
Ken looked like Ken again. Not like this guy who raced his bike last season. Cool

I just hope this Ken from Hangtown yesterday shows up at every race this outdoor season.
5/22/2016 6:42am
..not only did he smoke them all...he is having another box flown in from Cuba...
plowboy
5/22/2016 7:05am
The gauntlet has been thrown, the bar is set, the standard established, the.......well, you get the point. I'm not calling 24/0 but no doubt who the hare is this season. Let's see if there's a greyhound in the pack.
level
5/22/2016 7:10am
Tomac seems very frustrated with his bike. You could hear it in podium interview.
Amazing at this level how important perfect bike setup is.
Flip109
5/22/2016 7:20am
Dungey and Tomac will only get better. Then we will have the battle royal we've all been wanting. But if for some reason Kroc just smokes them all season, I have no problem with that either. Love his style.
Silas444
5/22/2016 7:35am
level wrote:
Tomac seems very frustrated with his bike. You could hear it in podium interview.
I kinda agree with that, but it seemed to me more like Eli was frustrated with HIMSELF that he can't FIGURE OUT the bike. I think Roczen was almost hoping Eli was going to be magical so he could really, REALLY, see who's got who covered. And like everyone is saying: Dungey was Dungey. Anyone who races against him for a championship knows they're one mistake away from handing him yet another title. Unlike, say, Bubba (whom I admire and respect greatly) Dungey likes to win more than he hates to lose. He'll take second if pushing for first means potentially crashing. A beast to compete against.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
5/22/2016 7:45am
Awesome ride! Starting like his 2015 SX season, make quick passes in lap one, pull away a few seconds and manage the gap from there.
but...

He went 1-1 in 2014 there as well.
And in 2013 when he lost the title to Tomac.

Hope he can keep it together and fight Dungey (and hopefully Tomac) til the end
Flatliner
5/22/2016 8:04am
I'm always sceptical of the first round or two worth of results. He rode great though.
downard254
5/22/2016 8:10am
I think we're going to see some racing this year form Kenny, Ryan, and Eli. And to be honest, I saw some flashes from Barcia yesterday too. He held some pretty decent speed in the first half of the second moto. I'll bet in a few more races, he'll be up there with the front three. At least I hope so. Man, I love a good battle.
peelout
5/22/2016 8:19am
resetjet wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
Yeah. First race of the season. I'm thinking dungey did what dungey does. Went to get good points and leave healthy. I wouldn't say that roczen...
A win is a win, Kenny was dominant as fuck. Go ahead and pretend it was something else though bro
Jimmy_Sloan
5/22/2016 8:40am
peelout wrote:
A win is a win, Kenny was dominant as fuck. Go ahead and pretend it was something else though bro
It was a great performance, not dominant. Last year's performance by Eli was dominant. You're reading too much into IWreckALot's comments which seemed pretty balanced and accurate to me.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
5/22/2016 8:44am
Kenny had a lot more in the tank. If he had to, he could have pushed harder and ridden faster just like he did to get the lead. Had anybody gotten reasonably close, we would have seen even more from Ken. JMHO
IceMan446
5/22/2016 8:52am
level wrote:
I said "good job Eli" 2 hours after the race as he was leaving the semi and he didn't say a word. Looked at me like I was the guy setting his suspension up!

He will get it figured out. Just hope the championship isn't too far gone when he does.

Post a reply to: Roczen smoked them all

The Latest