Roczen' place...

Related:
Create New Tag

12/11/2017 3:19 PM

Little question, after Roczen his split with Aldon, he did buy a new house in Florida not? Is that place, the former home of CP377?

|

12/11/2017 3:42 PM

I believe he has a home in FL, but it isn't CP377's or any other "training grounds". He trains at The Nest majority of the time (RV2's old place).

|

12/12/2017 2:40 PM

OK thx. Those two farms are pretty close not?

|

12/12/2017 3:39 PM

Why are you asking? Are you a private pilot with a camera or something?

|

12/12/2017 3:52 PM

MXMattii wrote:

Little question, after Roczen his split with Aldon, he did buy a new house in Florida not? Is that place, the former home of CP377?

He has a lake house in Clermont, I think it's on the same block at Dean Wilson's...the other riders in that area are spread throughout Clermont.

Ken Roczen rides and trains at The Nest, which is Ryan Villopoto's ex-property where Ken was riding when he started with Aldon...

Adam Cianciarulo and Ken Roczen are the main two riders at The Nest. Jeremy Martin, Christian Craig, Eric Grondahl, Chase Sexton, RJ Hampshire and a few others have spent time there.

Ryan Villopoto was originally going to sell his property to Aldon Baker but got a great offer from Grondahl, the owner of Alias, part owner of GEICO Honda racing, owns Southwick, previous owner of Planet Fitness gym etc.

Ryan did give Aldon a loan though to go buy a property nearby and get the place setup. That's known as the Baker's Factory where the KTM and Husky guys can ride and train at now. It's only a few miles away by the way a crow flies...Blake Baggett's El Chupacabra Ranch is also just minutes away.

Christophe Pourcel's place was a little further away, with Matt Boni's place just a few blocks down. I guess Pourcel doesn;t own it anymore and according to someone who's ridden there the track is not in use/possibly gone. Even before so I was told it wasn't of the quality or size of the other tracks in the area.

|

12/12/2017 4:35 PM

Thanks for the info

|

12/12/2017 4:41 PM

"Ryan did give Aldon a loan though to go buy a property nearby and get the place setup. "

Wait, what?

|

I have the right to remain awesome.

12/12/2017 4:44 PM

motosmith wrote:

"Ryan did give Aldon a loan though to go buy a property nearby and get the place setup. "

Wait, what?

Well originally Ryan told Aldon he would sell his place to him when he was done and since he sold it to Grondahl instead, I think it was his way of thanking him and he wanted to help him out after he said he would sell the facility to Aldon but didn't. Aldon needed to get a new property and a full facility up and running ASAP to get his business rolling.

|

12/12/2017 5:41 PM

ML512 wrote:

Well originally Ryan told Aldon he would sell his place to him when he was done and since he sold it to Grondahl instead, I think it was his way of thanking him and he wanted to help him out after he said he would sell the facility to Aldon but didn't. Aldon needed to get a new property and a full facility up and running ASAP to get his business rolling.

A few years ago, there was a video of Kenny giving a tour of the family home in Germany. It was really cool. Any chance of finding that?

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

12/12/2017 5:46 PM

oldblood wrote:

A few years ago, there was a video of Kenny giving a tour of the family home in Germany. It was really cool. Any chance of finding that?

|

12/13/2017 5:10 PM

I always wondered what happened to Pourcel's compound in Groveland FL, saw it was for sale a few years ago. I think I asked him at San Diego SX last year and he said he was spending a lot of time in CA and did not need it anymore. But yeah I do not believe Kenny bought it.

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story

12/13/2017 6:55 PM

Interesting to see some riders investing in their own compounds (Stewart, Reed, BB4, RC) while others like Dungey and KR not doing so and using other facilities. Both approaches obviously can be successful.

|

12/13/2017 6:59 PM

Almost positive the nest was sold again as of recent, not 100% sure on that

|

12/13/2017 7:00 PM

Jack_4196 wrote:

Almost positive, but not 100%, so, like, 99%?

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

12/13/2017 7:29 PM

Jack_4196 wrote:

Jason Baker was leasing it from Grondahl, then leasing spots out to riders. They did this because Roczen nor the other riders were interested in taking on the full price of the place. Instead Jason does it as he's the guy that builds and maintain's the facility, then he charges the riders as they split the cost of the facility and his services. Jason may have purchased it if it's working out, or he might be leasing it again this year.

|

12/14/2017 3:53 AM

Roczen' place ?

here : http://int.basicstero.ws/

the only thing I like about this guy is his dog.

|

12/14/2017 8:24 AM

MXMattii wrote:

ML512 wrote:

He has a lake house in Clermont, I think it's on the same block at Dean Wilson's...the other riders in that area are spread throughout Clermont.

Ken Roczen rides and trains at The Nest, which is Ryan Villopoto's ex-property where Ken was riding when he started with Aldon...

Adam Cianciarulo and Ken Roczen are the main two riders at The Nest. Jeremy Martin, Christian Craig, Eric Grondahl, Chase Sexton, RJ Hampshire and a few others have spent time there.

Ryan Villopoto was originally going to sell his property to Aldon Baker but got a great offer from Grondahl, the owner of Alias, part owner of GEICO Honda racing, owns Southwick, previous owner of Planet Fitness gym etc.

Ryan did give Aldon a loan though to go buy a property nearby and get the place setup. That's known as the Baker's Factory where the KTM and Husky guys can ride and train at now. It's only a few miles away by the way a crow flies...Blake Baggett's El Chupacabra Ranch is also just minutes away.

Christophe Pourcel's place was a little further away, with Matt Boni's place just a few blocks down. I guess Pourcel doesn;t own it anymore and according to someone who's ridden there the track is not in use/possibly gone. Even before so I was told it wasn't of the quality or size of the other tracks in the area.

Who owned the Baker property before Aldon? I'm drawing a blank. Or did he build that from scratch?

|

12/14/2017 8:30 AM

MXMattii wrote:

ML512 wrote:

tcallahan707 wrote:

Who owned the Baker property before Aldon? I'm drawing a blank. Or did he build that from scratch?

New facility Aldon built from the ground up.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."