Roczen out for 2018???

BobPA
2/11/2018 9:57am
There was clearly no contact before he looped out. [img]https://media.giphy.com/media/l4pTrjMdFSIAIJ9oQ/giphy.gif[/img]
There was clearly no contact before he looped out.

I agree, it looks like they did not touch until Ken looped out. He might not have been going in for the takeout as much as everyone is claiming. Looks to me like midway through the turn his body positioning is perfect. After he gets the bike to pivot under Webb he unexpectedly finds a rut, causing the bike to pivot much quicker than anticipated. He gets bounce down to the back of the seat, off balance, and accidentally opens the loud pedal (throttle)
kiwifan
2/11/2018 10:39am
Am I the only one that gained some respect for Webb after that incident? Put yourself in his position, how freaking easy it would have been...
Am I the only one that gained some respect for Webb after that incident? Put yourself in his position, how freaking easy it would have been to haul off and smack Ken in the head. He looked back at him, noticed he was injured, and went about his business getting his bike back up and on his way. That took a shit ton of self control in my opinion. I don't think I'd have kept my cool in that situation, especially having personal animosity towards the guy. Well done Coop!! Roczen did nothing but make an ass of himself and Team Honda.
Jesus dude, do you now even watch the video replays of it?!?!?!?!? There are so many dumbasses here it isnt funny.
Forty
2/11/2018 10:49am Edited Date/Time 2/11/2018 10:50am
Ken looped out and collected Webb in the process.

That could have been devastating for Ken, he is a lucky bastard he walked away with only a broken bone in his hand, he could just have easily lost that hand.

Dang this SX is sketchy.
BikerScars
2/11/2018 11:06am
All seems to have started over a piece of ass. Young men are young. Years from now they will both look back in regret over some stupid chick they are both happy to be done with.

On the track it seems to have been fueled by Webb scrubbing his Dunlop into Ken’s face at A1, and built up from there. Webb’s pass on Roczen was aggressive but just fine. Roczen hurried up to give the same back to Webb, and that was ok too. But in a rush, looped it out. Webb has a right to be mad, not that Roczen was going to stuff him back, but that he looped it and both went down.

I hope both are ok, and can line up soon.

The Shop

ky_savage
Fantasy
490th
2/11/2018 12:11pm
Knobbyjake wrote:
Lucky it wasn't the other side of the bike.Sick
Exactly what I was telling my daughter. I showed her an iPhone getting chewed up in a bike sprocket Friday. His hand/arm would have been hamburger.
2/11/2018 12:28pm
Having a harm time believing Roczen didn't break his Radius and/or Ulna. Looks like the forearm gets sucked into the wheel then it snaps when it hits the swingarm.
Fourth_Floor
2/11/2018 12:53pm
kiwifan wrote:
Jesus dude, do you now even watch the video replays of it?!?!?!?!? There are so many dumbasses here it isnt funny.
I completely missed the replay being carpet bombed through the 5 pages of this thread.

So you're telling me, that same exact thing would have happened had that just been Ken working his way through the pack and was trying to pass Bloss or someone?! The dude was pissed off and attempted an aggressive pass on Webb and royally fucked it up.

Also, if you were intelligent enough to comprehend my post I stated "put yourself in Webb's position". Meaning, imagine you passed a guy on the track that you personally didn't like and you get kamikazied by the same guy in the next corner taking both of you out. How easily it would've been, in the heat of the moment, to lose your temper and at the very least, give him a slap upside the helmet. We've seen it several times before....Is that too hard to wrap your head around?

Regardless of your "slow motion replay computer chair observations" all Webb knew at the time was this dude just purposely took me the fuck out.
2/11/2018 12:58pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2018 12:59pm
I completely missed the replay being carpet bombed through the 5 pages of this thread. So you're telling me, that same exact thing would have happened...
I completely missed the replay being carpet bombed through the 5 pages of this thread.

So you're telling me, that same exact thing would have happened had that just been Ken working his way through the pack and was trying to pass Bloss or someone?! The dude was pissed off and attempted an aggressive pass on Webb and royally fucked it up.

Also, if you were intelligent enough to comprehend my post I stated "put yourself in Webb's position". Meaning, imagine you passed a guy on the track that you personally didn't like and you get kamikazied by the same guy in the next corner taking both of you out. How easily it would've been, in the heat of the moment, to lose your temper and at the very least, give him a slap upside the helmet. We've seen it several times before....Is that too hard to wrap your head around?

Regardless of your "slow motion replay computer chair observations" all Webb knew at the time was this dude just purposely took me the fuck out.
You got a point. Anyone remember Barcia's hissy fit back in 2012? The lapper got in his way but after the race that same lapper was down and hurt and Barcia took it upon himself to roost the lapper and the medic helping him despite the guy looking to be in a decent amount of pain. So yea we've kind of seen where guys don't always hold their composure in those situations.
olds cool
2/11/2018 1:02pm
That could have easily gone as bad for Cooper as it did for Ken. Wouldn't have taken much for his head or neck to get pinned under the red rocket.
TeamGreen
2/11/2018 1:06pm
Wow. How unusual!

Someone CRASHED while racing Supercross.
BobPA
2/11/2018 1:16pm
You got a point. Anyone remember Barcia's hissy fit back in 2012? The lapper got in his way but after the race that same lapper was...
You got a point. Anyone remember Barcia's hissy fit back in 2012? The lapper got in his way but after the race that same lapper was down and hurt and Barcia took it upon himself to roost the lapper and the medic helping him despite the guy looking to be in a decent amount of pain. So yea we've kind of seen where guys don't always hold their composure in those situations.
That move cost him a win. Pretty sure I would have gave my own mother a stone cold stunner if she took me out while being lapped...
Johnny Depp
2/11/2018 1:31pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2018 1:32pm
BobPA wrote:
Lay off the devils lettuce man. There is a perfect angle of the incident in slowmo...and nowhere does Webb brake check him at all. Kenny blew...
Lay off the devils lettuce man.

There is a perfect angle of the incident in slowmo...and nowhere does Webb brake check him at all. Kenny blew it, plain and simple.
Watch the video and see Cooper clearly lock up the rear.
Watch the video and see Cooper clearly lock up the rear.
Mit12 wrote:
If Webb does not lock up the brake he cleans out Roczen. Perfect block pass with no contact.
I don't get what you mean? In the crash sequence, if Webb doesn't tap the brakes, he is further ahead of Roczen and potentially avoids the incident? By tapping the brake he brought them closer together, most likely hoping to take out Roczen's front wheel (inadvertentlyWink ) but definitely taking away his space.

While I'm speculating, I'll also say that if Roczen's left arm is full strength, the bike doesn't get away from him like that.
davistld01
2/11/2018 1:35pm
olds cool wrote:
That could have easily gone as bad for Cooper as it did for Ken. Wouldn't have taken much for his head or neck to get pinned...
That could have easily gone as bad for Cooper as it did for Ken. Wouldn't have taken much for his head or neck to get pinned under the red rocket.
Looking at the very tail of the slo-mo clip...Cooper is damn lucky he didn’t get nailed by KR’s Honda . As it was, it looks to only have missed hitting Webb’s head by a few inches.
kiwifan
2/11/2018 1:52pm
kiwifan wrote:
I completely missed the replay being carpet bombed through the 5 pages of this thread. So you're telling me, that same exact thing would have happened...

Fair enough, I was referring to Vitards, you were referring to Webb...my bad

ok to help me wrap my head around this...Did you speak to Webb, did he say to you Roczen took him out on purpose? did Webb tell he personally doesnt like Roczen? Sorry to ask all these questions, I haven't seen Webb say any of that in any interviews, but clearly you know hence me asking you.
lumpy790
2/11/2018 2:02pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Wow. How unusual!

Sucks when 4 of the top 450 riders had a bad night throwing away a shot at the championship..
Wayfarer
2/11/2018 2:15pm
olds cool wrote:
That could have easily gone as bad for Cooper as it did for Ken. Wouldn't have taken much for his head or neck to get pinned...
davistld01 wrote:
Looking at the very tail of the slo-mo clip...Cooper is damn lucky he didn’t get nailed by KR’s Honda . As it was, it looks to...
Looking at the very tail of the slo-mo clip...Cooper is damn lucky he didn’t get nailed by KR’s Honda . As it was, it looks to only have missed hitting Webb’s head by a few inches.
Was just thinking the same. Webb's head is so close to Ken's bike. He was really lucky that Ken's bike didn't come down on it.

But yeah, pretty bummed about Ken being out for this race and who knows for how long. I checked his Instagram again and there's just no news from his side. That makes me think it's more than just a "broken finger", because Ken is usually pretty chatty in his Instagram posts.

Agreeing with some folks here: I believe -as much as I vote for him- that Ken needs to learn dealing better with his strong emotions in certain moments.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
2/11/2018 3:14pm
F*ck Webb. he will never win a 450 tittle or a 450 class Main.
2/11/2018 3:20pm
The guy had a fucking whisky after hitting the lumps in the rut, what the fuck is the matter with you children saying he went for the attack

Absolute kiddy playpen around here, full of non riding big mouthed keyboard warriors
yak651
Fantasy
214th
2/11/2018 3:21pm
ken is going to need a hand if he wants to win this title.
Laughing
2/11/2018 3:24pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Wow. How unusual!

I know right, does this stuff actually happen? Laughing

There's always a bloody tragedy or traumatic reason for everything around here
qontusolsson
Fantasy
4230th
2/11/2018 3:29pm
I've been speculating on that arm so much I almost missed that it look like he was gonna snap his neck or something. Scary.
bball35
2/11/2018 3:30pm
All I can say is that girl better be able to suck the chrome off a tailpipe if you know what I mean
2/11/2018 3:34pm
BobPA wrote:
That move cost him a win. Pretty sure I would have gave my own mother a stone cold stunner if she took me out while being...
That move cost him a win. Pretty sure I would have gave my own mother a stone cold stunner if she took me out while being lapped...
Yeah good point, I guess it's not really my place to judge at all as I really don't know the work and time Barcia had put in.
plowboy
2/11/2018 3:35pm
Hard racing is not dirty racing. Freak accidents happen. This one was scary and nut numbing but let's just be grateful it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I watch SX because it's dirt bikes but it scares the shit outta me. Come on outdoors.
RudyRayMo
2/11/2018 5:10pm
Webb's bike was pissed tried to take Ken's head and arm. The rut caught kroc off guard. He had all day to get webb if he wanted to but, pivoted and caught the rut under webb's.
davistld01
2/11/2018 5:20pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2018 5:22pm
F*ck Webb. he will never win a 450 tittle or a 450 class Main.
Damn...Must have worn you smooth out trying to come up with something that eloquent!
Wayfarer
2/11/2018 7:30pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2018 7:32pm
Here's an update from Ken's instagram. It was also posted in the other thread. Sorry for cutting his last word off. He says "Will know more soon."
KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
2/11/2018 7:38pm
Somebody's been hitting refresh on IG

Post a reply to: Roczen out for 2018???

The Latest