Roczen not looking so good

tingo
Edited Date/Time 7/29/2019 5:40pm
There were threads during the SX season talking about how defeated Marvin looked and sounded during his post-race interviews. This is the first weekend that I’ve noticed the same for Ken. His confidence is gone, which is sad to see. Just an observation. much yw
|
7/27/2019 11:07pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2019 11:08pm
Looked like he has been riding pretty good to me except Tomac is on another level than the rest of the field. 2nd place is still a great finish and nothing profound here. Moreover you cant judge a rider based on just one race when he felt he wasn't gelling with the track today.. Moreover, it is not new that when Tomac is on it, everyone knows he is hard to beat. I think we could both agree that Roczen knows he will not win the championship unless Tomac gets hurt.. same for Marvin. Same for the rest of the 2nd and 3rd place riders during the days of Carmichael, Stewart and Villipoto.

I was thinking that just like the special #1 red plate for the champ in the previous season/ points leader, they should also have special plates for #2 and #3. This is a sport where the difference between the riders in the top 3 positions can be only fractions of a second per lap such that luck, as well as skill, can determine the winner. Sometimes the fastest guy doesn't always win is a scenario not uncommon in MX.
nytsmaC
7/27/2019 11:10pm
Looked like he has been riding pretty good to me except Tomac is on another level than the rest of the field. 2nd place is still...
Looked like he has been riding pretty good to me except Tomac is on another level than the rest of the field. 2nd place is still a great finish and nothing profound here. Moreover you cant judge a rider based on just one race when he felt he wasn't gelling with the track today.. Moreover, it is not new that when Tomac is on it, everyone knows he is hard to beat. I think we could both agree that Roczen knows he will not win the championship unless Tomac gets hurt.. same for Marvin. Same for the rest of the 2nd and 3rd place riders during the days of Carmichael, Stewart and Villipoto.

I was thinking that just like the special #1 red plate for the champ in the previous season/ points leader, they should also have special plates for #2 and #3. This is a sport where the difference between the riders in the top 3 positions can be only fractions of a second per lap such that luck, as well as skill, can determine the winner. Sometimes the fastest guy doesn't always win is a scenario not uncommon in MX.
Hold up, that’s like saying everyone deserves a trophy. It devalues the red plate from the guy who’s earned it.
nytsmaC
7/27/2019 11:15pm
tingo wrote:
There were threads during the SX season talking about how defeated Marvin looked and sounded during his post-race interviews. This is the first weekend that I’ve...
There were threads during the SX season talking about how defeated Marvin looked and sounded during his post-race interviews. This is the first weekend that I’ve noticed the same for Ken. His confidence is gone, which is sad to see. Just an observation. much yw
He just beat everyone except Tomac, who was on fire. If something’s wrong with Ken, what’s wrong with everyone else?

The Shop

BobbyM
7/27/2019 11:21pm
Top ten mxers in the world, top 5 sxers in the world and yer dead last I suspect.
7/27/2019 11:23pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2019 11:31pm
Looked like he has been riding pretty good to me except Tomac is on another level than the rest of the field. 2nd place is still...

nytsmaC wrote:
Hold up, that’s like saying everyone deserves a trophy. It devalues the red plate from the guy who’s earned it.
3 out of 30 guys is hardly "EVERYONE". It would also make it easier to see the top 3 guys fighting for the championship.

By the way.. the top 3 on the stand DO get a trophy every race anyway, so hard to follow your point. At the end of the day only 1 guy still wins the championship.. and only 1 guys holds the red plate. #2 could be green and #3 could be blue, or something like that. I think very consistent with the top 3 all getting to stand on the podium and would be useful for fans, too.
7/27/2019 11:27pm
BobbyM wrote:
Top ten mxers in the world, top 5 sxers in the world and yer dead last I suspect.
I agree, dude probably doesn't have a leg to stand on.
kiwifan
7/28/2019 1:45am
tingo wrote:
There were threads during the SX season talking about how defeated Marvin looked and sounded during his post-race interviews. This is the first weekend that I’ve...
nytsmaC wrote:
He just beat everyone except Tomac, who was on fire. If something’s wrong with Ken, what’s wrong with everyone else?
Great point
7/28/2019 2:48am
how many times did Roczen lost a race in last 2 laps this season ?
i mean SX and MX combined this season it happend a lot , must be a hard hit on the mental side .
Goon126
7/28/2019 2:53am
The dude has raw speed. Give Kenny some time I don't think all is lost.
ehr400
7/28/2019 3:20am
how many times did Roczen lost a race in last 2 laps this season ? i mean SX and MX combined this season it happend a...
i mean SX and MX combined this season it happend a lot , must be a hard hit on the mental side .
Not just this season but his US career? In the 250 days it happened alot and minus 2014/16 it has been fairly common.
Mavetism
7/28/2019 3:28am
how many times did Roczen lost a race in last 2 laps this season ? i mean SX and MX combined this season it happend a...
Bullshit, Kenny is mentally strong and he knows exactly what he's capable off, when he's 100%. As he already said in the Las Vegas pre conference, they think long term and i think he will turn heads again. I think it's already a slight win for him to get injury free through one season.
I just don't get the whole setup thing. When u go 14 in one moto and 2 in the second one, to say the bike was basically not rideable.. Why do you change it so much when it already worked off fine in the beginning of the season? I've never ridden on a level myself, where the suspension setup would have make any impact, so I can't really judge. Just looks like a small weird excuse to me sometimes.
pete24
7/28/2019 3:31am

they arnt called special plates its called the real number system they used to use long before this gay ass nascar mentality you finish fourth, your 4 for the year the way its supposed to be
7/28/2019 3:42am Edited Date/Time 7/28/2019 3:44am
Mavetism wrote:
Bullshit, Kenny is mentally strong and he knows exactly what he's capable off, when he's 100%. As he already said in the Las Vegas pre conference...
Bullshit, Kenny is mentally strong and he knows exactly what he's capable off, when he's 100%. As he already said in the Las Vegas pre conference, they think long term and i think he will turn heads again. I think it's already a slight win for him to get injury free through one season.
I just don't get the whole setup thing. When u go 14 in one moto and 2 in the second one, to say the bike was basically not rideable.. Why do you change it so much when it already worked off fine in the beginning of the season? I've never ridden on a level myself, where the suspension setup would have make any impact, so I can't really judge. Just looks like a small weird excuse to me sometimes.
o h really , you spoke to him yesterday ?? i mean he must be mentally strong to comeback after the injuries he had in recent years ..agree on that part , but dont tell me a top athlete like Roczen doesnt get beat mentally when he leads the whole race once again and get passed in last 2 laps once again like 5 or 6 times before this season ... confidence is a big thing in MX .. and this loosing in last 2 laps thing isnt doing great things with anybodies confidence ... just my opinion and im a Roczen fan too ...
VRR7
7/28/2019 5:42am
ehr400 wrote:
Not just this season but his US career? In the 250 days it happened alot and minus 2014/16 it has been fairly common.
Agreed this was the standard 250 race. KR would get a good start and ET not then the race would be could ET catch KR before the flag. That was how most of the 250 races went. This was exact replica. However KR often would hold the lead till the end. Makes one wonder why KR did not like Aldon? Fitness training ...? KR has the talent and the speed not the comparative stamina or fitness for whatever reason ... when he has those he gets up front quickly and stays there is how he normally wins his races. He is just loses steam near the end now days.
logan_140
7/28/2019 6:07am
Kroc just needs to get through these last 3 rounds healthy, and have a healthy off season. Been a long time since he’s gone a full year injury free
seventeen
7/28/2019 7:04am

nytsmaC wrote:
Tokyo diddler is clearly a sociaist democrat...
seventeen
7/28/2019 7:05am

pete24 wrote:
they arnt called special plates its called the real number system they used to use long before this gay ass nascar mentality you finish fourth, your...
they arnt called special plates its called the real number system they used to use long before this gay ass nascar mentality you finish fourth, your 4 for the year the way its supposed to be
I wish they would bring back the original number system...
mt798
7/28/2019 7:34am

pete24 wrote:
they arnt called special plates its called the real number system they used to use long before this gay ass nascar mentality you finish fourth, your...
Someone please chime in because I could be wrong but I think it was Carmichael that was pushing for the current number system (the gay ass nascar mentality) because he wanted to be able to "market" his number 4. Hench his move to NASCAR with the number 4. When people see the number 4 they think of Carmichael and his numerous Championships...I could be wrong though....
level
7/28/2019 8:01am
Ken is an absolute monster and putting on a clinic the first fifteen minutes. That first moto yesterday was the longest he held out for weeks so that’s a good sign things are improving.
nytsmaC
7/28/2019 8:05am
When I think of #1 I think of McGrath. Same could be said for RC, RV and Dungey because they’d have earned it.

But then we wouldn’t have these cool abbreviations like MM25 or BB4. That would totally suck, right?
agn5009
7/28/2019 8:21am
I think Roczen has been looking good. The level of competition is way higher now than it was in 2016. Guys like Nicoletti, Bloss, Peick, Noren and Short finished inside the top 10 overall that year. no offense to them but I don’t think any of those guys have a single title to their names.

2019: Tomac, Roczen, Musquin, Anderson, Webb, Osborne, Barcia, Bogle, Baggett, Wilson, Plessinger. There’s a lot of Sx/MX titles sitting right there fighting for top 10s.
kpiper
7/28/2019 8:25am Edited Date/Time 7/28/2019 8:27am
Of course, this is just MY opinion. But that is why we are here right? To give our opinions (and waste time).

Kenny does not have some mysterious illness. He just gets tired more than Eli and MM. They are simply in better shape and I suspect it is because they work harder during the week.

Yes, Kenny does work hard training because if he did not he could never get the results he is getting but we know he does not work at the level of the Baker's Boys (he quit Aldon) and most likely Eli.

Kenny is letting this get to him mentally. You can see it in his face. The good thing with him is he has so much talent he can fix it and start winning almost when he wants to. He is very close.

And his 14th the other week was because of mindset, not suspension setup.
yz25
7/28/2019 8:26am
The man has been through injuries that put guys in retirement. Not once but twice. Talent and drive can only get you so far this day and age. I hope he finishes the season healthy. KRoc and JA are my favorite guys to watch throw it down. But the fading after 15mn, when guys are trained to “drop the hammer” has been his downfall. Blistering fast. Be interesting if he changes his workout/fitness routine.
kpiper
7/28/2019 8:30am
yz25 wrote:
The man has been through injuries that put guys in retirement. Not once but twice. Talent and drive can only get you so far this day...
The man has been through injuries that put guys in retirement. Not once but twice. Talent and drive can only get you so far this day and age. I hope he finishes the season healthy. KRoc and JA are my favorite guys to watch throw it down. But the fading after 15mn, when guys are trained to “drop the hammer” has been his downfall. Blistering fast. Be interesting if he changes his workout/fitness routine.
True.

And we all know racers who go like a jackrabbit the first half of the race and then fade. That is nothing new at any level in our sport.
APLMAN99
7/28/2019 8:50am

nytsmaC wrote:
seventeen wrote:
Tokyo diddler is clearly a sociaist democrat...
You sound triggered. Do you need a safe space?
Cali
7/28/2019 8:53am
tingo wrote:
Cause he only went 2-3 for 2nd over all yesterday. I’m sure Honda is looking to replace him lol
bsharkey
7/28/2019 9:00am
Once he gets his fitness better or whatever hes got going on we will see some epic battles with tomac. Ken's riding is fine. He just seems to fade a bit but it seems like hes getting beter

Post a reply to: Roczen not looking so good

The Latest