Roczen in at Hangtown?

Edited Date/Time 5/18/2018 8:03am
From his Instagram stories it looks like he's at the race, but has there been official word if he's racing or not?
|
ML512
Fantasy
54th
5/17/2018 10:22am
From his Instagram stories it looks like he's at the race, but has there been official word if he's racing or not?
He's racing.
TDeath21
5/17/2018 10:55am
This has been known literally since he got injured. Yes he’s racing.
IWreckALot
5/17/2018 10:57am
TDeath21 wrote:
This has been known literally since he got injured. Yes he’s racing.
Good point.

Pretty crazy he will be on the line. Hope he takes this MX season to work his way back to speed. Either way its good to see him back on the line.
tingo
5/17/2018 11:17am
ML512 wrote:
He's racing.
Whoa! That's awesome news.

The Shop

kb228
5/17/2018 11:20am
Id rather see him wait a few rounds. He has no chance at a title and a big chance of getting hurt from riding before hes ready. Hangtown isnt the practice track.
Donovan759
5/17/2018 11:30am
kb228 wrote:
Id rather see him wait a few rounds. He has no chance at a title and a big chance of getting hurt from riding before hes...
Id rather see him wait a few rounds. He has no chance at a title and a big chance of getting hurt from riding before hes ready. Hangtown isnt the practice track.
I'll let him know that's how you feel. Maybe he'll change his mind.
kkawboy14
5/17/2018 12:26pm
Well, he’s gonna be there! It is to be determined if he’s in the race!
Renner153
Fantasy
3583rd
5/17/2018 12:28pm
kb228 wrote:
Id rather see him wait a few rounds. He has no chance at a title and a big chance of getting hurt from riding before hes...
How does he have no chance at the title?
5/17/2018 12:30pm
Weather has been pretty mild up here, and should be mild for Saturday. Not sure what that means for how deep they rip the track in the AM? 2 years ago it rained and the only ripped it a few inches for the possibility of muddy conditions. If its old school Hangtown it will be a tough way to come back, but it will be good to see him out there.
kb228
5/17/2018 12:31pm
kb228 wrote:
Renner153 wrote:
He just got back to being able to do 2 full motos like last week and is still in pain. According to pulpmx its not looking good. Unless eli, marv, anderson, and bagget all crash out hes not winning it.
Renner153
Fantasy
3583rd
5/17/2018 12:37pm
Because Steve has been there at the track with Kenny? I'm pretty sure that hes going in with the same amount of points as everyone else. He can do 2 full motos which to me means hes ready to go. Might not be 100% but his title hopes are every bit as good as Tomac Musquin Baggett Anderson etc.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
5/17/2018 1:00pm
kb228 wrote:
Renner153 wrote:
kb228 wrote:
He just got back to being able to do 2 full motos like last week and is still in pain. According to pulpmx its not looking...
He just got back to being able to do 2 full motos like last week and is still in pain. According to pulpmx its not looking good. Unless eli, marv, anderson, and bagget all crash out hes not winning it.
Last time he raced he almost won with 100 points difference to second place. So he could even sit out the first two rounds and still have a (small) chance to win it.
This is not supercross. In 2016 MX he hasn't had a single tipover all season

It's not gonna be easy but he has a good chance to win this thing if Tomac and the other guys don't step up their game and become a little more consistent (didn't look like it in Supercross...)
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
5/17/2018 1:08pm
Weather has been pretty mild up here, and should be mild for Saturday. Not sure what that means for how deep they rip the track in...
Weather has been pretty mild up here, and should be mild for Saturday. Not sure what that means for how deep they rip the track in the AM? 2 years ago it rained and the only ripped it a few inches for the possibility of muddy conditions. If its old school Hangtown it will be a tough way to come back, but it will be good to see him out there.
Wish they wouldn't rip/water it so deep. When they prepped it for rain and it didn't it provided for some good racing with passing options instead of slot car racing. Please DC and MX sports, stop the madness of rutocross series...
5/17/2018 1:28pm
kb228 wrote:
Yeah Ken’s raced how many races in the past 2 years? Dude is sick of recovering/practicing the test track and no better practice than actually racing guys and maybe being in the hunt later as he gets healthier.

But no you’re right, he should just end his chances before the season starts and continue to race nobody at the practice track. That’ll help his race pace...
5/17/2018 1:34pm
it's good to see KROC finally back on the line in an outdoor race. it's what he does best. still amazed from seeing him dicing through the pack the first few laps back in 2016 on that suzuki.
Beeby
5/17/2018 1:36pm
I guess we will see what 'taking it easy' speed is for Roczen then, which is probably 5 times faster than most of us can go flat out.
kiwifan
5/17/2018 3:00pm
Beeby wrote:
I guess we will see what 'taking it easy' speed is for Roczen then, which is probably 5 times faster than most of us can go...
I guess we will see what 'taking it easy' speed is for Roczen then, which is probably 5 times faster than most of us can go flat out.
Exactly, the dude is smart he is not going to race over his head...
BS12
5/17/2018 6:32pm
kb228 wrote:
Or, he has a mediocre first few opening rounds, gathers some good points and stays in the hunt. Hand heals well, he comes good and goes on a tear late in the season.
wfopete
5/17/2018 7:03pm
Beeby wrote:
I guess we will see what 'taking it easy' speed is for Roczen then, which is probably 5 times faster than most of us can go...
kiwifan wrote:
Like that smart move with Webb and took him out of the SX series?
kiwifan
5/17/2018 7:40pm
Beeby wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
wfopete wrote:
Like that smart move with Webb and took him out of the SX series?
I am sure you can do better, here's an idea, why dont you tell him in person what you think and see what his response is....or are you just a brave keyboard warrior who likes to put others down?
Trav138
5/17/2018 7:57pm
kiwifan wrote:
I am sure you can do better, here's an idea, why dont you tell him in person what you think and see what his response is....or...
I am sure you can do better, here's an idea, why dont you tell him in person what you think and see what his response is....or are you just a brave keyboard warrior who likes to put others down?
Is that not true....here s an idea give up the fanboyism its creepy dude
kiwifan
5/17/2018 8:45pm
kiwifan wrote:
I am sure you can do better, here's an idea, why dont you tell him in person what you think and see what his response is....or...
Trav138 wrote:
Is that not true....here s an idea give up the fanboyism its creepy dude
oh we arent allowed to support our favourite riders anymore? jesus christ
wfopete
5/18/2018 2:48am
I see KROC as already super lucky that he hasn't ended up like RJ did (busted up to the point where he can not compete). Hangtown is a tuff track, if he finishes inside the top 10 it will be all anyone can ask for. One more shot to the body like he has had in the past and you will probably need to find someone else to cheer on.
oshow
5/18/2018 6:49am
kb228 wrote:
Yes because you for sure know more about how ready he is than he does.
MR. X
5/18/2018 8:02am
Maybe he's playing the Charlie Zelenoff tactic

Post a reply to: Roczen in at Hangtown?

The Latest