Roczen in at Hangtown?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/17/2018 10:21 AM

From his Instagram stories it looks like he's at the race, but has there been official word if he's racing or not?

|

5/17/2018 10:22 AM

Kennyfreemoney wrote:

From his Instagram stories it looks like he's at the race, but has there been official word if he's racing or not?

He's racing.

|

5/17/2018 10:55 AM

This has been known literally since he got injured. Yes he’s racing.

|

5/17/2018 10:57 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

This has been known literally since he got injured. Yes he’s racing.

Good point.

Pretty crazy he will be on the line. Hope he takes this MX season to work his way back to speed. Either way its good to see him back on the line.

|

5/17/2018 11:17 AM

Kennyfreemoney wrote:

ML512 wrote:

He's racing.

Whoa! That's awesome news.

|

5/17/2018 11:20 AM

Id rather see him wait a few rounds. He has no chance at a title and a big chance of getting hurt from riding before hes ready. Hangtown isnt the practice track.

|

5/17/2018 11:30 AM

kb228 wrote:

Id rather see him wait a few rounds. He has no chance at a title and a big chance of getting hurt from riding before hes ready. Hangtown isnt the practice track.

I'll let him know that's how you feel. Maybe he'll change his mind.

|

5/17/2018 12:26 PM

Well, he’s gonna be there! It is to be determined if he’s in the race!

|

5/17/2018 12:28 PM

kb228 wrote:

How does he have no chance at the title?

|

5/17/2018 12:30 PM

Weather has been pretty mild up here, and should be mild for Saturday. Not sure what that means for how deep they rip the track in the AM? 2 years ago it rained and the only ripped it a few inches for the possibility of muddy conditions. If its old school Hangtown it will be a tough way to come back, but it will be good to see him out there.

|

5/17/2018 12:31 PM

kb228 wrote:

Renner153 wrote:

He just got back to being able to do 2 full motos like last week and is still in pain. According to pulpmx its not looking good. Unless eli, marv, anderson, and bagget all crash out hes not winning it.

|

5/17/2018 12:34 PM

I say 5-5 Moto scores.

|

5/17/2018 12:37 PM

Because Steve has been there at the track with Kenny? I'm pretty sure that hes going in with the same amount of points as everyone else. He can do 2 full motos which to me means hes ready to go. Might not be 100% but his title hopes are every bit as good as Tomac Musquin Baggett Anderson etc.

|

5/17/2018 1:00 PM

kb228 wrote:

Renner153 wrote:

kb228 wrote:

He just got back to being able to do 2 full motos like last week and is still in pain. According to pulpmx its not looking good. Unless eli, marv, anderson, and bagget all crash out hes not winning it.

Last time he raced he almost won with 100 points difference to second place. So he could even sit out the first two rounds and still have a (small) chance to win it.
This is not supercross. In 2016 MX he hasn't had a single tipover all season

It's not gonna be easy but he has a good chance to win this thing if Tomac and the other guys don't step up their game and become a little more consistent (didn't look like it in Supercross...)

|

5/17/2018 1:08 PM

Just south of Paradise... wrote:

Weather has been pretty mild up here, and should be mild for Saturday. Not sure what that means for how deep they rip the track in the AM? 2 years ago it rained and the only ripped it a few inches for the possibility of muddy conditions. If its old school Hangtown it will be a tough way to come back, but it will be good to see him out there.

Wish they wouldn't rip/water it so deep. When they prepped it for rain and it didn't it provided for some good racing with passing options instead of slot car racing. Please DC and MX sports, stop the madness of rutocross series...

|

5/17/2018 1:28 PM

kb228 wrote:

Yeah Ken’s raced how many races in the past 2 years? Dude is sick of recovering/practicing the test track and no better practice than actually racing guys and maybe being in the hunt later as he gets healthier.

But no you’re right, he should just end his chances before the season starts and continue to race nobody at the practice track. That’ll help his race pace...

|

5/17/2018 1:34 PM

it's good to see KROC finally back on the line in an outdoor race. it's what he does best. still amazed from seeing him dicing through the pack the first few laps back in 2016 on that suzuki.

|

5/17/2018 1:36 PM

I guess we will see what 'taking it easy' speed is for Roczen then, which is probably 5 times faster than most of us can go flat out.

|

5/17/2018 3:00 PM

Beeby wrote:

I guess we will see what 'taking it easy' speed is for Roczen then, which is probably 5 times faster than most of us can go flat out.

Exactly, the dude is smart he is not going to race over his head...

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

5/17/2018 6:32 PM

kb228 wrote:

Or, he has a mediocre first few opening rounds, gathers some good points and stays in the hunt. Hand heals well, he comes good and goes on a tear late in the season.

|

5/17/2018 6:34 PM

transworld mx has a good interview with him.
I just want 24 motos.

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

5/17/2018 7:03 PM

Beeby wrote:

kiwifan wrote:

Like that smart move with Webb and took him out of the SX series?

|

5/17/2018 7:40 PM

Beeby wrote:

kiwifan wrote:

wfopete wrote:

I am sure you can do better, here's an idea, why dont you tell him in person what you think and see what his response is....or are you just a brave keyboard warrior who likes to put others down?

|

5/17/2018 7:41 PM

Photo
|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

5/17/2018 7:49 PM

Webb won the ship with a broken hand.

|

5/17/2018 7:57 PM

kiwifan wrote:

I am sure you can do better, here's an idea, why dont you tell him in person what you think and see what his response is....or are you just a brave keyboard warrior who likes to put others down?

Is that not true....here s an idea give up the fanboyism its creepy dude

|

5/17/2018 8:45 PM

wfopete wrote:

kiwifan wrote:

Trav138 wrote:

Is that not true....here s an idea give up the fanboyism its creepy dude

oh we arent allowed to support our favourite riders anymore? jesus christ

|

5/17/2018 10:40 PM

|

5/18/2018 2:48 AM

I see KROC as already super lucky that he hasn't ended up like RJ did (busted up to the point where he can not compete). Hangtown is a tuff track, if he finishes inside the top 10 it will be all anyone can ask for. One more shot to the body like he has had in the past and you will probably need to find someone else to cheer on.

|

5/18/2018 6:49 AM

kb228 wrote:

Yes because you for sure know more about how ready he is than he does.

|