Roczen ejected?

cdiazg
Watching Roczen´s crash and even looking back to his MEC crash he seems to eject himself from the bike in a "crash" situation. In this case do you think he was ejected or could he have stayed with the bike and crash with better probabilities of not injuring himself too bad?

|
VilloFan951
1/23/2017 10:52am
I kinda wondered the same thing what would of happend if he stayed on it didn't look like he was coming up very short but the nose did dive down a lot
Frodad78
1/23/2017 10:54am
Since he survived the MEC crash unscathed by bailing maybe it felt like the right move?
hvaughn88
1/23/2017 10:55am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2017 10:55am
Here's my take: Roczen is one of, if not THE, most talented rider in the world right now. If he decided he needed to pull the rip cord, I would have to say it was probably the right call.
mx317
1/23/2017 10:56am
It looked like he was kicked off to me. I don't think he had a choice.

The Shop

1/23/2017 10:59am
Feet were off the pegs before he ejected, could have been worse if the bike followed him in.
bvm111
1/23/2017 11:08am
I initially thought the same, but, looking at it a few times there was no way he was holding on to that. I believe it really was his only option... sucks... heal up Kenny!
1/23/2017 12:09pm
When you hit something and get all out of sorts, whether it be on a BMX bike or a dirt bike, you know whether to jump off or not just by the feeling alone. The way he hit that lip he was going long. I personally don't want to be on a endoed dirt bike in the middle of a rhythm section. No telling how you get ejected when you hit the next lip all out of shape and front end heavy.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
1/23/2017 12:22pm
It looked like that little rut edge kicked the back end up and Ken with it. The bike was going over. He was damned if he held on and damned if he didn't.
reynardfan1
Fantasy
3669th
1/23/2017 1:23pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
Here's my take: Roczen is one of, if not THE, most talented rider in the world right now. If he decided he needed to pull the...
Here's my take: Roczen is one of, if not THE, most talented rider in the world right now. If he decided he needed to pull the rip cord, I would have to say it was probably the right call.
When I watched it felt like he had no choice...the legs weee above his seat...

That's shits over

Holding on to a big red wheelchair if he doesn't let go
1/23/2017 1:38pm
trailrider wrote:
Shock in wrong stroke at wrong time
Or right strike at the wrong time.....or wrong stroke at the right time

I would say all out of stroke at the wrong time
STLSharky
1/23/2017 3:10pm
cdiazg wrote:
Watching Roczen´s crash and even looking back to his MEC crash he seems to eject himself from the bike in a "crash" situation. In this case...
Watching Roczen´s crash and even looking back to his MEC crash he seems to eject himself from the bike in a "crash" situation. In this case do you think he was ejected or could he have stayed with the bike and crash with better probabilities of not injuring himself too bad?

He was looking for a landing spot, I would've stayed with bike and used some suspension
nasty either way I guess.
mjskier
1/23/2017 3:12pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2017 3:13pm
Looked to me that the bike was staying flat until his hand got off of the throttle.
Him getting launched is just weird. The seat kicked his butt, but it doesn't look like it was hard enough to propel him the way it did.

Anyway, I'm not watching it again because it makes me sick.
Get well soon Kenny!
yzjs7
1/23/2017 3:27pm
I can't critique one the most talented riders however I wonder if he was squeezing the bike with his legs. I think the inertia of the rear and rebounding sent his body in a floating away from the bike situation. Weird that he has crashed like that twice. I'm assuming when these guys are flowing like they do they aren't squeezing the bike that much as their just flowing w it. Again I am nobody to critique just simply my thoughts from observing. Absolutely sucks tho as Kenny was a sight to see this year and unfortunately has put a damper on the season imo.
Motoxdoc
1/23/2017 5:07pm
The bike itself didn't look to be endoing drastically but it did appear to kick his feet upwards. It almost looked like the beginning of a heel clicker but instead of wrapping his legs around his arms he hit the eject button.
moto726
1/23/2017 5:26pm
His feet were off and he had no chance of pulling them back in. I've done something similar, just not as fast or flew that far, but there is a certain point which your feet are away from the bike and you know you're screwed and the only option is to push that 200+ pound machine away from you and hope for the best! I'm bummed for the guy, hope he heals up quick!
1/23/2017 5:34pm
You can always speculate and wonder if he had kept with the bike, landed in an endo and rode the endo over the next jump face it might have been a better outcome but no one will ever know and unfortunately we have man down...

He couldn't have landed in a worse place.
Flynn842
1/23/2017 5:47pm
I've watched this so many times. It looks like he over jumped the first jump. Landed right at the start of the second jump. It looks like all the suspension compressed so fast that as he took off it rebounded harsh and threw his ass way over the seat. Although I no nothing that's what other looks like 2 me.
1/23/2017 7:37pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2017 7:38pm
This is my view and I do respect yours. I really think the face of the jump on that side had an arch in the middle it caused his rear end to compress and rebound hard and his back tire didn't leave the top of the face sending him into a nose wheele. I first thought he over jumped and just smashed his suspension in the face but that's not it. There didn't seem to be a kicker or a edge on the top it was smooth. I could be wrong but that's what I think happened. And most of the time eject is best. Not this time he would have been better to ride it out. But you can't tell that as your feet are trying to pass over your head.. I hope he heals up well. I hate it for him. Also Millsaps hit the same spot a few laps later almost got him the same way. Millsaps is a technical master on stuff like that the guy can do crazy stuff on a bike. He just doesn't have KR94's speed.
speed_racer
Fantasy
2007th
1/23/2017 8:02pm
It was avoidable

There were other times in that race Ken took a "chance".

This time he took a chance and it bit him.

He had a split second to make a decision and he made the wrong one, but before the crash he had some moments to warn him to back down.

Watch the race, Dungey had some scary moments too.

Ken wanted to win at any cost, he had blown that section a bunch of times and kept pulling the trigger.

Total bummer, but in reality it's just a mistake at speed from Ken.
1/23/2017 8:10pm
Agreed. This sport is so hard to find the spot, that line, that sweet spot. Very few can do it over and over. Windham could ride a safe fast pace but when he turned it up he ate shit almost every time. It's so crazy how difficult this sport is. I hate it but I love it and am obsessed with it.
1/23/2017 10:46pm
Hes crashed the same way three times. ATLANTA. MEC and A2. Wonder what DV12 would say
kiwifan
1/23/2017 11:54pm
Hes crashed the same way three times. ATLANTA. MEC and A2. Wonder what DV12 would say
so??? Are you saying he has only ever crashed 3 times????? The odds of a rider crashing the same way twice let alone multiple times is high....
jeffro503
1/24/2017 12:32am
I think if he would of held on....it would of been way worse. The rear end of that bike was coming up no matter what.

Fwiw...i rewatched all the races tonight and man i saw a lot of dudes damn near do the same thing. Was bucking guys all night snd got worse as the night went on.
1/24/2017 12:50am
cdiazg wrote:
Watching Roczen´s crash and even looking back to his MEC crash he seems to eject himself from the bike in a "crash" situation. In this case...

STLSharky wrote:
He was looking for a landing spot, I would've stayed with bike and used some suspension
nasty either way I guess.
That suspension could have very well been his neck
Turbojez
1/24/2017 1:17am
kiwifan wrote:
so??? Are you saying he has only ever crashed 3 times????? The odds of a rider crashing the same way twice let alone multiple times is...
so??? Are you saying he has only ever crashed 3 times????? The odds of a rider crashing the same way twice let alone multiple times is high....
Don't recall atlanta but MEC was completely different than A2. At MEC it started in the corner leading to the rhythm section, Kenny had a tire slide out a little too much, then an overjump, then he jumped a little too short going off balance and casing the next one.
The one at A2, the jump just kicked the back of his bike up, therefore his center of gravity started moving forward and there was not much he could do about it as soon as the rear bucked.

After he committed to this line he coudn't have done much.
Turbojez
1/24/2017 1:20am
jeffro503 wrote:
I think if he would of held on....it would of been way worse. The rear end of that bike was coming up no matter what. Fwiw...i...
I think if he would of held on....it would of been way worse. The rear end of that bike was coming up no matter what.

Fwiw...i rewatched all the races tonight and man i saw a lot of dudes damn near do the same thing. Was bucking guys all night snd got worse as the night went on.
Agree with you here. He probably would have landed completely upside down, head first with the bike right over him. Half-frontflip would be my guess. Not to mention he'd case it with the bike or without it, which makes it even more scary to think about.

Post a reply to: Roczen ejected?

The Latest