Roczen as good as gone?

malachi177
3/11/2014 3:46pm
Motodave15 wrote:
kenny "supposedly" wants to switch teams this late/summer/fall.... My Theory is all hypothetical I see it as follows (Like a hockey coach would) Two Two- signs--Deano...
kenny "supposedly" wants to switch teams this late/summer/fall....

My Theory is all hypothetical

I see it as follows (Like a hockey coach would)

Two Two- signs--Deano - Cheaper (has huge upside, shown at daytona)...and reed may come back to ride

Factory RB Ktm- Drops Roczen, and sticks with Dungey (Dungey doesn't want to leave the man behind, Decoster)

ME Kawasaki- Drops weimer...maybe frees up enough space (money) to afford Adding roczen.. Still has RV for one more year. (Trying to build a dynasty as one guy said before)

Jgr- Keeps brayton and drops grant (May possibly go after Peick) if they cant get their hands on roczen fast enough or even weimer for that matter.

Rch- Goes heavy handed and tries to get peick, roczen, barcia... idk if hill or tickle stays onboard (Nor do i know their contract length's)

Honda- In a interesting position in my eyes.. They could possibly pay canard less (I don't know his contract either... but i know they're keeping him) and drop barcia.. Thus freeing up, money for a big move.... ala Roczen.. But i would think they will have their eye on seely because of his recent great performances.

yosh suzuki- Idk how much money they have left, but it would be possible for them to add Roczen too... if they put a bigger hole in the wallet. as this team is already sponsored by Red Bull

I Missed some, But in my non professional, slightly stoned opinion... I see Roczen ending up at Either.... Honda or Rch and a far jump to Yosh suzuki w/james
RCH has Hill and Tickle onboard right now.....not GrantSmile
shredder22
3/11/2014 3:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2014 3:52pm
Motodave15 wrote:
kenny "supposedly" wants to switch teams this late/summer/fall.... My Theory is all hypothetical I see it as follows (Like a hockey coach would) Two Two- signs--Deano...
kenny "supposedly" wants to switch teams this late/summer/fall....

My Theory is all hypothetical

I see it as follows (Like a hockey coach would)

Two Two- signs--Deano - Cheaper (has huge upside, shown at daytona)...and reed may come back to ride

Factory RB Ktm- Drops Roczen, and sticks with Dungey (Dungey doesn't want to leave the man behind, Decoster)

ME Kawasaki- Drops weimer...maybe frees up enough space (money) to afford Adding roczen.. Still has RV for one more year. (Trying to build a dynasty as one guy said before)

Jgr- Keeps brayton and drops grant (May possibly go after Peick) if they cant get their hands on roczen fast enough or even weimer for that matter.

Rch- Goes heavy handed and tries to get peick, roczen, barcia... idk if hill or tickle stays onboard (Nor do i know their contract length's)

Honda- In a interesting position in my eyes.. They could possibly pay canard less (I don't know his contract either... but i know they're keeping him) and drop barcia.. Thus freeing up, money for a big move.... ala Roczen.. But i would think they will have their eye on seely because of his recent great performances.

yosh suzuki- Idk how much money they have left, but it would be possible for them to add Roczen too... if they put a bigger hole in the wallet. as this team is already sponsored by Red Bull

I Missed some, But in my non professional, slightly stoned opinion... I see Roczen ending up at Either.... Honda or Rch and a far jump to Yosh suzuki w/james
Damn bro you must be real stoned lol

-two two and deano - very likely

Factory KTM- no way in hell do they "drop Roczen" If Roczen leaves that's because he chose to leave. Not because he's forced out. Dungey has another year on his contract. So of course he's staying there,

ME Kawasaki- Dropping Weimer like a hot potato. I do think they will go after Roczen. If they can't get Roczen, they will most likely have Deano and Baggett moving up.

JGR- I think they keep Brayton, and like Matthes said, they will probably pick up Barcia.

RCH- Tickle has been riding pretty well lately. I think they keep Tickle as their number 2 rider. Get rid of Hill (not Grant, he rides for JGR) and pickup Roczen.

Honda- I think they keep Canard. I also think they'll sign Seely. It will depend on how he does outdoors though. Seely's shown he can do really well on the 450 indoors, but if he struggles badly racing the 450 this summer, that could hurt his status.

Yosh Suzuki - James already signed. Maybe they'll sign somebody cheaper like Peick for a number two rider (hopefully)

There are still other guys that haven't been mentioned. Like Jason Anderson, Millsaps, etc. Since they're both with Rockstar, maybe they resign with Rockstar again. Who knows. I think I read somewhere that Tomac has a rider option for next year with Geico? If he chooses not to re sign for that extra year, he could become a free agent. I'd like to see him on Factory Honda. Even Wil Hahn has been showing tremendous potential. He could be looking at a "full factory" ride whenever his contract runs out. There's so much that can change between now and when silly season starts.

Then we have the biggest free agent of all time. ALL the teams will be fighting over this guy. MIKE ALESSI! lol
bvm111
3/11/2014 4:03pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2014 4:03pm
1488 wrote:
wheres teamgreen??

i thought the ktm was the best thing since sliced bread.
TeamGreen wrote:
He's on I-15 headed to Corona to have some Hop-Up shop work on his KX450F ...they've got some "Jim" dude that's got some super-secret voo-doo parts...
He's on I-15 headed to Corona to have some Hop-Up shop work on his KX450F
...they've got some "Jim" dude that's got some super-secret voo-doo parts for my forks.

BTW, it was Newmann who said that Katoom 2 Strokes are slicing up the Japanese Brands like a loaf of Wonder Bread.

It's true: I read it on Vital!
While you are there at "some hop up shop in corona" can you see if they have anything left over for my 06 KX 250 in the motor and pipe department? Wink
mx836
3/11/2014 4:40pm
The Rock wrote:
Suzuki corporate been through bankruptcy with unknown commitment to off road in the future. KTM sales up 28 percent and involved in all types of off...
Suzuki corporate been through bankruptcy with unknown commitment to off road in the future.

KTM sales up 28 percent and involved in all types of off road racing.

Who would you ride for? How bad can the bike be if he won two 450 mains it?
Suzuki.

The Shop

Outsider
3/11/2014 4:58pm
Matthes wrote:
Roczen to RCH, Barcia to JGR. Going to be a long time for the PR's though, dates have to come and go with the current teams...
Roczen to RCH, Barcia to JGR. Going to be a long time for the PR's though, dates have to come and go with the current teams before anything can be announced but you can stamp these two things.
Hmm.. something tells me that the brain trust around here will continue to speculate on a bunch of different scenarios for these two guys even though you just spelled it out as plain as day.

Really don't understand it either.
visser62
3/11/2014 5:07pm
Wherever he goes, I hope he doesn't give up Red Bull. If I became a Red Bull athlete, I would never want to leave.
rolandk
3/11/2014 5:40pm
KTM would be crazy to let him go. If I was in charge I'd pay him whatever he wants and do whatever he wants to the bike to make him happy. No brainer.
YZ125H1
3/11/2014 6:27pm
I could see him going to Suzuki, if he went to Kawasaki I would be surprised. I just cannot see Kawasaki putting out more money than KTM and keeping Villopoto. Hard to believe he would leave KTM unless it is really that bad at SX, but he looks really good on the bike to me.
jstein639
3/11/2014 6:35pm
I remember when Clement Desalle came over a few years back at Unadilla and rode a factory Suzuki he said it was hard to scrub the bike because it got so much traction. If I'm going to choose a bike/team to ride for I want the one that suffers from too much traction.
hartebreak
Fantasy
246th
3/11/2014 7:45pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2014 9:02pm
Has anyone listened to the podcast yet? Someone please tell me I'm crazy for hearing what I thought I heard. The segment I'm talking about is around 3:38:00 in last nights show.
BobPA
3/11/2014 8:35pm
I love how the speculation is leading to Kenny leaving KTM before the outdoors. Contracts mean nothing on vital apparently...
3/11/2014 8:48pm
Decoster will be P O d big time. The man might hire bam bam to take out #94.
Crush
3/11/2014 8:54pm
Assuming he does leave, that's a fair kick in the nuts for KTM.

They're still working on that perception thing to a lot of the market. I'd bet if the fights not over for that signature they step it up, because otherwise you've got Dungey left who maybe isn't all they wanna bank on given the comp.
3/11/2014 9:45pm
TC41 will get clipped most likely and be a number 2 guy to RV on the kawi.

Seeley will be his replacement
avidchimp
Fantasy
1102nd
3/11/2014 10:07pm
Matthes wrote:
Roczen to RCH, Barcia to JGR. Going to be a long time for the PR's though, dates have to come and go with the current teams...
Roczen to RCH, Barcia to JGR. Going to be a long time for the PR's though, dates have to come and go with the current teams before anything can be announced but you can stamp these two things.
Outsider wrote:
Hmm.. something tells me that the brain trust around here will continue to speculate on a bunch of different scenarios for these two guys even though...
Hmm.. something tells me that the brain trust around here will continue to speculate on a bunch of different scenarios for these two guys even though you just spelled it out as plain as day.

Seriously. Blink

#1 - Kenny is going to RCH and he is NOT giving up RedBull. He pretty much has a lifetime contract.

#2 - Barcia is going to be spending a lot of time in Huntersville after the Nationals.
Crank
3/12/2014 3:23am
hartebreak wrote:
Has anyone listened to the podcast yet? Someone please tell me I'm crazy for hearing what I thought I heard. The segment I'm talking about is...
Has anyone listened to the podcast yet? Someone please tell me I'm crazy for hearing what I thought I heard. The segment I'm talking about is around 3:38:00 in last nights show.
What was it ??
3/12/2014 3:56am
isn't next year husky starting their usa race effort??

If so then either kenny or rozcen will head up that team, freeing up a second rider spot on both teams

Here's my thoughts

honda- canard, seely
factory ktm - dungey, anderson
factory husky- rozcen,millsaps
kawsaki- villopoto, bagget
rch- barcia, peick
Huckster
3/12/2014 4:24am
Matthes wrote:
Outsider wrote:
Hmm.. something tells me that the brain trust around here will continue to speculate on a bunch of different scenarios for these two guys even though...

It is amazing isn't it. They tell you exactly what's going to happen and still there are some that know better.......
edub
3/12/2014 4:49am
Matthes wrote:
And RCH switches to KTM
jamma10
3/12/2014 5:02am
isn't next year husky starting their usa race effort?? If so then either kenny or rozcen will head up that team, freeing up a second rider...
isn't next year husky starting their usa race effort??

If so then either kenny or rozcen will head up that team, freeing up a second rider spot on both teams

Here's my thoughts

honda- canard, seely
factory ktm - dungey, anderson
factory husky- rozcen,millsaps
kawsaki- villopoto, bagget
rch- barcia, peick
I could see Musquin on Husqvarna.
Jt$
3/12/2014 7:40am
Matthes wrote:
Outsider wrote:

Huckster wrote:
It is amazing isn't it. They tell you exactly what's going to happen and still there are some that know better.......
Shocking but also funny to read some members' theories and predictions. I wish these deals would go public already so Matthes and I can argue about them.
Tim507
3/12/2014 8:26am
http://www.speedweek.com/sxwm/news/53060/Ken-Roczen-Wechsel-zu-Suzuki-i…

KTM has been able to not renew the contract with Supercross rookie Ken Roczen Sensations for 2015. It attracts a factory bike in Ricky Carmichael's RCH team, where the partnership with Red Bull could be maintained .
In the last week the talks on the future of Ken Roczen reached a new level : Apparently it is now almost certain that the MX2 World Champion of 2011 and current title holder of the 250 - cc Supercross West Coast series KTM will leave and at that will return brand , with the Thuringian started his unparalleled career .

Roczens signature for the 2015 season in the U.S. is the most desirable above all, because the 450cc rookie delivers a strong yet Supercross season off and won the Red Bull KTM 450 SX -F already two events. The rumors were even resistant to hear in the paddock of the MXGP that the German next year is to get a Suzuki factory bike in the RCH team.

When it comes to that , Roczen should be able to maintain its longstanding partnership with Red Bull , which would not have been possible , for example, when changing to Kawasaki for Monster Energy . With Red Bull Roczen is to him since his Junior time . A Suzuki deal would mean a return to his roots , 2009, he returned as a 15- year-old in Portugal on the Japanese brand a memorable MX2 World Championship debut from .

There are no official statements , either about a contract extension at KTM yet on whether Roczen in 2015 will actually sit on a RM- Z 450 . It is difficult to imagine that he will really leave the camp from KTM and that the decision is only a financial issue . KTM is known as a manufacturer who has devoted all his heart racing , very good structures built and has invested in many areas in order to increase the quality .

Is there the option with Husqvarna KTM ?
With the incorporated of the KTM brand Husqvarna Roczen would have within the KTM network options, if he no longer wants to stay in the same environment as KTM factory rider Ryan Dungey . At KTM there under the leadership of Racing Director Pit Beirer , the 2011 weglotste Roczen Suzuki , also any support , if the driver wants to drive at some time back in Europe .

It's no big secret that Roczen in 2013 despite winning the title with his 250-ccm-MX/SX-bIke was not overly happy. But there is an invigorating performance at the United Nations last September and the previously excellent speed on the 450 SX -F motocross points out that he has a competitive package.

Roczens new collaboration with renowned trainer Aldon Baker in 2014 undoubtedly had a great influence on his fitness , and focus on the essentials. The admiration of RCH co-owner Ricky Carmichael, the large U.S. cross - legend , could also play a role in the alleged exchange
DonM
3/12/2014 8:38am
Outsider wrote:

Huckster wrote:
Jt$ wrote:
Shocking but also funny to read some members' theories and predictions. I wish these deals would go public already so Matthes and I can argue about...
Shocking but also funny to read some members' theories and predictions. I wish these deals would go public already so Matthes and I can argue about them.
With this being "official" What a great move by RCH! They finally got the contender that they wanted!
Now we need to switch the speculation train to who will be Stewart's teammate at Yosh Suz? or does Weimer stay or go? or does KTM just go with Dungey on the 450 or add someone?
When the big fish is landed the other deals start to fall together and Kenny was the big fish.
davistld01
3/12/2014 8:54am
If RCH had the $$ to potentially draw Reed this past contract sea season...they've got it to draw Roczen. That, plus the promise of a full factory bike might mahe him & RCH a perfect fit.
ridge
3/12/2014 9:58am
Jt$ wrote:
Shocking but also funny to read some members' theories and predictions. I wish these deals would go public already so Matthes and I can argue about...
I was really hoping that Dungey would be leaving KTM after his contract was up. I just don't see him jiving with the KTM, the way Kenny does.

Thanks for the info...bro.
IWreckALot
3/12/2014 10:08am
Jt$ wrote:
ridge wrote:
I was really hoping that Dungey would be leaving KTM after his contract was up. I just don't see him jiving with the KTM, the way...
I was really hoping that Dungey would be leaving KTM after his contract was up. I just don't see him jiving with the KTM, the way Kenny does.

Is RCH on Suzuki indefinitely next season? Is their contract up or are they still under contract with Suzuki?
3/12/2014 10:20am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2014 10:36am
RCH gets support from Suzuki..why would they switch to KTM or Husky?? its one of the reasons Roczen is leaving!!

Suzuki is with RCH because of RC
malachi177
3/12/2014 10:26am
ridge wrote:
I was really hoping that Dungey would be leaving KTM after his contract was up. I just don't see him jiving with the KTM, the way...

I don't think either one has jived with the KTM. Dungey looks horrible on it but is still top 5, and Kroc is doing even better on a bike he doesn't really like. I just wish RD would go back to yellow too. It's his roots, and his corner speed and whoop skills were way better. I'm totally stoked for Kroc to ride yellow again. That bike is badass!!!!!
DownSouth
3/12/2014 10:32am
ridge wrote:

malachi177 wrote:
I don't think either one has jived with the KTM. Dungey looks horrible on it but is still top 5, and Kroc is doing even better...
I don't think either one has jived with the KTM. Dungey looks horrible on it but is still top 5, and Kroc is doing even better on a bike he doesn't really like. I just wish RD would go back to yellow too. It's his roots, and his corner speed and whoop skills were way better. I'm totally stoked for Kroc to ride yellow again. That bike is badass!!!!!
Word is that Suzuki has an all new bike coming for 2015. What if they goof it up the way Yamaha did in 2010 and Honda in 2013 where the top pro level riders can't seem to figure out how to make the bike work for them?
3/12/2014 10:37am
ridge wrote:

malachi177 wrote:
I don't think either one has jived with the KTM. Dungey looks horrible on it but is still top 5, and Kroc is doing even better...
its gonna be a new bike

Post a reply to: Roczen as good as gone?

The Latest