Roczen as good as gone?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/10/2014 9:52 PM

Listening to the pulp show and it was asked why would Kenny consider leaving KTM. JT$ kind of talked in past tense "it WAS because of the bike". He didn't say "it will be because of....". I'm not sure if he just spilled the beans but I hope it isn't true. I really want Kenny to remain on the punkin.

|

Official member of the ElHombre fan club

Team MooseCAN

Deano2021

3/10/2014 9:54 PM

Did they mention the brand? I caught the tail end of it

|

bd

3/10/2014 9:56 PM

bd wrote:

Did they mention the brand? I caught the tail end of it

He didn't mention brand but it was very telling that he was talking in past tense, So bummed right now. If Kenny shows up on a green bike next year I am not sure how I will handle it.

|

Team MooseCAN

Deano2021

3/10/2014 9:59 PM

I am sure he has probably ridden rv's bike off camera while practicing. Enough to get a feel of it anyway.

|

3/10/2014 10:01 PM

Haven't listened to the show yet, but "It WAS the bike" could mean they got it sorted out. If not, and he's doing as well as he is on a bike he doesn't like, I couldn't imagine him on a bike he DOES like. Kid's killing it this year.

|

3/10/2014 10:04 PM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

Haven't listened to the show yet, but "It WAS the bike" could mean they got it sorted out. If not, and he's doing as well as ...more

You'll have to listen but it kind of sounded that JT$ knows that Kenny is going elsewhere and it was because he wanted to different bike vs. more money etc. You'll have to listen when the show is archived.

|

Team MooseCAN

Deano2021

3/10/2014 10:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/10/2014 10:29 PM

etccb wrote:

I am sure he has probably ridden rv's bike off camera while practicing. Enough to get a feel of it anyway.

Exactly, I am sure he has put in some laps on RVs Kawasaki and I bet RV has run a few laps on the KTM also even though he will never race one.

|

Ed Johnson

3/10/2014 10:31 PM

RCH Suzuki???

|

3/10/2014 10:38 PM

He gone!!!

|

3/10/2014 10:42 PM

I think I am one of two people that have been sticking to our guns for the past 2 months about this... It should be obvious on the track by now, he is going to Kawasaki.

|

3/10/2014 10:52 PM

malachi177 wrote:

RCH Suzuki???

The Ultimate team of KRoc and Peick on RCH!!

|

"What happens to your hands when you crash?"
"I put my hands up real quick to protect my sunglasses"

3/10/2014 11:07 PM

makes a lot of sense for the green machine...............why RV let him in the camp and behind the closed doors to help KAW groom him to take over when RV retires.....................

|

3/10/2014 11:09 PM

Not sure how a rider with Red Bull as a sponsor would work on the Monster Kawasak team...

|

3/10/2014 11:10 PM

GuyB wrote:

Not sure how a rider with Red Bull as a sponsor would work on the Monster Kawasak team...

I think you know better and are fueling with this post smile

|

3/10/2014 11:15 PM

Hes off to Suzuki.

When I race him on mad skills 2 his bike is yellow, so stamp that shit!

|

Current: 2010 TM 250MX
Previous: 2012 KX450f, 2009 K8 RM250, 2012 RMZ250, 2008 YZ125

3/10/2014 11:38 PM

Who on earth would give up their Red Bull sponsorship?
I seriously doubt he would do that

|

3/10/2014 11:40 PM

Suzuki corporate been through bankruptcy with unknown commitment to off road in the future.

KTM sales up 28 percent and involved in all types of off road racing.

Who would you ride for? How bad can the bike be if he won two 450 mains it?

|

"My philosophy is to have a really good time and never to let anything stop me from doing what I want to do.

Michel Petrucciani

3/10/2014 11:48 PM

RCH

|

3/10/2014 11:49 PM

GuyB wrote:

You beat me to it, Gibby.

Kenny isn't giving up RedBull.

|

3/11/2014 12:23 AM

GuyB wrote:

James Stewart?
2007?

|

3/11/2014 12:26 AM

GuyB wrote:

Brent wrote:

James Stewart?
2007?

I've heard rumors of Ken signing a long-term personal deal with Red Bull.

I've also heard rumors of Ken ending up at RCH.

As for good as gone? There's a lot of season left both for SX and outdoors.

|

3/11/2014 12:39 AM

Well Dungey went from Rockstar to Red bull.

|

KX125

3/11/2014 2:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/11/2014 2:47 AM

The Rock wrote:

Suzuki corporate been through bankruptcy with unknown commitment to off road in the future.

KTM sales up 28 percent and ...more

Suzuki never went through bankruptcy. American Suzuki did, big difference . You also constantly hear rumors of dungey, millsaps Etc not liking the bike

|

3/11/2014 3:22 AM

jasen.bougher wrote:

Suzuki never went through bankruptcy. American Suzuki did, big difference . You also constantly hear rumors of dungey, ...more

I think its fair to say that you have heard that from a rider on just about every color.....

|

3/11/2014 3:43 AM

It is ultimately up to Roczen where he goes, but I don't see KTM letting him get away without a fight and doing whatever they can to make his bike the best fit for him as possible, if in fact he has issues with it. KTM seems to have the money to compete with anyone. They are European made and they like to hire European riders.

Dungey has outwardly expressed issues with the bikes. I believe he may be a better candidate to leave once his contract is up. I know it is of the opinion of many that Herlings will continue to race in Europe, but I'm not sure that he isn't a future candidate for AMA events. Not that this means anything, but I watched an episode of the Moto series DVD's that RacerX did and in the feature on Herlings, he said in no uncertain terms that his dream was to eventually race in America. We'll see. It is also up to his sponsers. Roczen and Herlings would be a dominate team, but could also create issues because both want to be on top.

As for the bike, many of the best Europeans are winning on them. Roczen and Dungey have had good success on them. Time will tell for sure.

|

Honda Rules!

3/11/2014 4:03 AM

He will do much better on the Zook.

|

"The public sucks. Fuck hope." ~ George Carlin

3/11/2014 4:16 AM

Racer92 wrote:

He will do much better on the Zook.

Bobby,

He'll do much better on what ever bike he's on next anyway, so it would be had to say that it was the new bike!

He just seems to get little better each race, I can't wait until outdoors!

|

00' BMW K1200 RS
83' Maico 490 ( The Project bike)
81' Maico 490- FOR SALE
03' KTM 525 SX (In ICU)
14.5 KTM 450 Fe- FOR SALE

3/11/2014 4:49 AM

Hey GuyB, when is Monster's contract up with Kawi? I thought it was this year but maybe I'm misremembering.

And JoeEllis, the Herlings thing has crept into my mind a few times also. Decoster has his pull with KTM clearly and I think he could get Herlings to the USA if that was his desire. I'd love to see him come here and race especially while RV is still racing. Even if he were to come next year, I don't think he'll be able to beat RV just because it's a big shock going from the GP's to SX. I also have my doubts if RV would be able to adapt over in the GP's his first year over there.

|

3/11/2014 5:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/11/2014 5:19 AM

I don't personally know or speak with Roczen or Dungey…so don't know if they like/don't like their KTMs. I do know KTM has fought an uphill battle with motocross acceptance since they were Pentons. Most riders brought up on the big four Jap bikes don't like KTM, so I suspect they don't want a couple of good riders to like them either.

I think the RedBull sponsorship is the key to any moving between teams.

|

3/11/2014 5:23 AM

GuyB wrote:

Brent wrote:

James Stewart?
2007?

GuyB wrote:

I've heard rumors of Ken signing a long-term personal deal with Red Bull.

I've also heard rumors of Ken ending up at RCH.

As ...more

There you go!

Mark it down as so!

|

I don't trust any "Joined Date" later than 2012