Roczen and aldon

Hgibbs566
1/23/2015 6:10pm
RY4N37 wrote:
Like a good tech, a good suspension guy, all the guys that make the bike as good as it possibly can be. There's no point being...
Like a good tech, a good suspension guy, all the guys that make the bike as good as it possibly can be. There's no point being the fittest rider on the gate if your bike is a piece of shit. At the end of the day i think Aldon did a good job of getting RC and RV back to fitness after injury, because he has a good knowledge of the body. But when it comes to having a trainer to get you in shape specifically for MX, I'm not sure he's the best guy out there
Hgibbs566 wrote:
I'd agree those guys are up there in importance, but I put Aldon above them based on the fact that guys have changed teams and still...
I'd agree those guys are up there in importance, but I put Aldon above them based on the fact that guys have changed teams and still won with Aldon but guys that have left Aldon have not seen the same success they did with him. IE: Baggett, JS7, and Weimer to some extent.

This sport is so mental that someone who can get you mentally in the right place is hard to replace.
#991 wrote:
You're account needs to go BYE BYE troll. I won't be communicating with you anymore.
1/23/2015 6:12pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2015 2:55pm
Hgibbs566 wrote:
So you are about 18. I'll leave you foreigners to circle jerk each other, while the rest of us understand the differences in value of individuals...
So you are about 18.

I'll leave you foreigners to circle jerk each other, while the rest of us understand the differences in value of individuals. You foreigners seem to be the only ones that don't get it.
#991 wrote:
Hgibbs566 wrote:
How many Championships has he won when an A.B. rider was in the field?
Suns_PSD
1/23/2015 6:13pm
Like a PC 250 rider who is still way in the red financially from their amateur career could ever (or would ever) spend $350k on a trainer.
What dumbass would buy that?
1/23/2015 6:15pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2015 2:56pm
DonM wrote:
First off the $350k per rider is way off...RC payed Aldon $75K plus bonus. Before Aldon RC had raw talent (more than anyone ever) but was...
First off the $350k per rider is way off...RC payed Aldon $75K plus bonus. Before Aldon RC had raw talent (more than anyone ever) but was really clueless about diet and training...remember most these riders aren't rocket scientist. With Ricky Aldon created a program and system that worked and I can guarantee that RC would not have won all the championships he did without him. Probably the greatest thing Aldon did for RC was getting him ready for the nationals after his ACL surgery, He has done the same things for RV. I'm pretty sure the people that are discrediting Aldon are the same people that made comments about how pudgy RV/RC were before Aldon.
As with anything it always looks easier from the outside looking in, confidence is a huge part of being a champion and Aldon helps build that in riders like no other. Whatever he charges for his services now it's worth it for those that want to win and he has proven it year after year with a bevy of riders...Anderson and Marvin will be the next two you will see the difference in and if he can fine tune Dungey's program he will have the best year he's had ever.
#991 wrote:
DonM wrote:
I'm far from ignorant...please list the other trainers that have anywhere near the success that Aldon has......Crickets...by the way there is no such thing as common...
I'm far from ignorant...please list the other trainers that have anywhere near the success that Aldon has......Crickets...by the way there is no such thing as common sense, it's just sense, some people have it and some don't....you obviously fall in the don't category. When it comes to training, knowledge and adapting it to MX there isn't anyone that even comes close to Aldon,
after going back and reading your posts in apparent that you are doing nothing but trolling...

The Shop

DonM
1/23/2015 6:15pm
Hgibbs566 wrote:
I'd agree those guys are up there in importance, but I put Aldon above them based on the fact that guys have changed teams and still...
I'd agree those guys are up there in importance, but I put Aldon above them based on the fact that guys have changed teams and still won with Aldon but guys that have left Aldon have not seen the same success they did with him. IE: Baggett, JS7, and Weimer to some extent.

This sport is so mental that someone who can get you mentally in the right place is hard to replace.
#991 wrote:
Hgibbs566 wrote:
You're account needs to go BYE BYE troll. I won't be communicating with you anymore.
Exactly! what a moran...
DonM
1/23/2015 6:20pm
#991 wrote:
DonM wrote:
I'm far from ignorant...please list the other trainers that have anywhere near the success that Aldon has......Crickets...by the way there is no such thing as common...
I'm far from ignorant...please list the other trainers that have anywhere near the success that Aldon has......Crickets...by the way there is no such thing as common sense, it's just sense, some people have it and some don't....you obviously fall in the don't category. When it comes to training, knowledge and adapting it to MX there isn't anyone that even comes close to Aldon,
after going back and reading your posts in apparent that you are doing nothing but trolling...
#991 wrote:
Well Moran....success in this sport is measured by championships and when it comes to trainers Aldon has more than all the others combined and that is fact. When you can produce facts that support your claim let me know, because all I see is someone that has little knowledge just arguing for arguments sake.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
1/23/2015 6:21pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Aldon Baker was an unemployed road cyclist who knew nothing about MX and was looking for a job when Johnny O'mara introduced him to RC, just...
Aldon Baker was an unemployed road cyclist who knew nothing about MX and was looking for a job when Johnny O'mara introduced him to RC, just so you all know. If Johnny had introduced him to Joe Blow, we'd all be talking about how great Joe is as a trainer.

Aldon doesn't twist the throttle.
Good point.

RC, JS and RV had all won championships before working with Aldon, but if the riders believe he is the best (which he may be)
that goes a long way in motivating them to be their best.
zippy895
1/23/2015 6:22pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2015 6:31pm
what am I doing here...
1/23/2015 6:23pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2015 2:56pm
Hgibbs566 wrote:

#991 wrote:
Hgibbs566 wrote:
1/23/2015 6:24pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2015 2:57pm
#991 wrote:
Hgibbs566 wrote:
DonM wrote:
Exactly! what a moran...
1/23/2015 6:25pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2015 2:57pm
DonM wrote:
#991 wrote:
DonM wrote:
Well Moran....success in this sport is measured by championships and when it comes to trainers Aldon has more than all the others combined and that is...
Well Moran....success in this sport is measured by championships and when it comes to trainers Aldon has more than all the others combined and that is fact. When you can produce facts that support your claim let me know, because all I see is someone that has little knowledge just arguing for arguments sake.
RY4N37
1/23/2015 6:25pm
DonM wrote:
Well Moran....success in this sport is measured by championships and when it comes to trainers Aldon has more than all the others combined and that is...
The riders won the championships, not Aldon. I'm not saying Aldon didn't have an input. But you can't give such a high proportion of the credit to him, all his coaching is on the fitness side of things. That's absolutely pointless if you the riders not fast enough or the bike is no good
zippy895
1/23/2015 6:26pm
baker was a mtb champion from what I recall.
DonM
1/23/2015 6:27pm
That's right ignore the facts....troll on
Hgibbs566
1/23/2015 6:31pm
#991 wrote:
Hgibbs566 wrote:
#991 wrote:
It has nothing to do with saving face.

Read RY4N37's responses. He disagrees with me, but he does so in an intelligent way and I have gained respect for him. I understand in future debates he will have an intelligent response that I look forward to reading, regardless if it's in line with my view points or not.

Fast forward to your responses that are simply made to irritate others, show no signs of intelligence and serve no purpose but to upset others and I won't be responding to you in other threads. Got it?
1/23/2015 6:32pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2015 2:57pm
Hgibbs566 wrote:

RY4N37 wrote:
I think if you struggle with injuries and you need someone to help you train and look after your body then he's the guy. But in...
I think if you struggle with injuries and you need someone to help you train and look after your body then he's the guy. But in terms of training for racing i wouldn't put him over any other trainer, he's not even a MX guy really. I think it's an American thing, there aren't many of the GP boys who have PT's. Certainly not to that extent anyway
Hgibbs566 wrote:
From my experience ALL riders struggle with injuries through the year. I've traveled the circuit with privateers helping them and almost everyone has something they are...
From my experience ALL riders struggle with injuries through the year. I've traveled the circuit with privateers helping them and almost everyone has something they are dealing with.

The GP's have had like 2 different champions over the past 15 years in Everts and AC. I wish someone would try something different to at least close that gap.
1/23/2015 6:33pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2015 2:58pm
Hgibbs566 wrote:
#991 wrote:
Hgibbs566 wrote:
It has nothing to do with saving face. Read RY4N37's responses. He disagrees with me, but he does so in an intelligent way and I have...
It has nothing to do with saving face.

Read RY4N37's responses. He disagrees with me, but he does so in an intelligent way and I have gained respect for him. I understand in future debates he will have an intelligent response that I look forward to reading, regardless if it's in line with my view points or not.

Fast forward to your responses that are simply made to irritate others, show no signs of intelligence and serve no purpose but to upset others and I won't be responding to you in other threads. Got it?
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
1/23/2015 6:39pm
DonM wrote:
#991 wrote:
DonM wrote:
Why people continue to question this guys' knowledge, I will never know. If the Vitards knew how close he is to RC, they would be surprised.
DonM
1/23/2015 6:40pm
DonM wrote:
RY4N37 wrote:
The riders won the championships, not Aldon. I'm not saying Aldon didn't have an input. But you can't give such a high proportion of the credit...
The riders won the championships, not Aldon. I'm not saying Aldon didn't have an input. But you can't give such a high proportion of the credit to him, all his coaching is on the fitness side of things. That's absolutely pointless if you the riders not fast enough or the bike is no good
Re-read what I said, I said that they wouldn't have won as many. Not all his coaching is on the fitness side of things he understands the mental side of this sport more than anyone. I've seen it from the very beginning with RC. What most don't realize is that Aldon moved to Tallahassee to work with RC it was very much a team effort.
Again the facts speak for themselves Aldon's riders have won more championships that all other trainers combined. Now what I read on here from a few (the troll 991 doesn't count) is that they feel or think or believe that any of a number of trainers could have done the same thing if they had the same riders...you have to ask, why didn't they then? Why do champions and those that want to be champions want to be with Aldon?
1/23/2015 6:41pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2015 2:58pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Aldon Baker was an unemployed road cyclist who knew nothing about MX and was looking for a job when Johnny O'mara introduced him to RC, just...
Aldon Baker was an unemployed road cyclist who knew nothing about MX and was looking for a job when Johnny O'mara introduced him to RC, just so you all know. If Johnny had introduced him to Joe Blow, we'd all be talking about how great Joe is as a trainer.

Aldon doesn't twist the throttle.
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Good point. RC, JS and RV had all won championships before working with Aldon, but if the riders believe he is the best (which he may...
Good point.

RC, JS and RV had all won championships before working with Aldon, but if the riders believe he is the best (which he may be)
that goes a long way in motivating them to be their best.
DonM
1/23/2015 6:49pm
#991 wrote:
DonM wrote:
avidchimp wrote:
Why people continue to question this guys' knowledge, I will never know. If the Vitards knew how close he is to RC, they would be surprised.
Wink .....
1/23/2015 6:52pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2015 2:58pm
#991 wrote:
DonM wrote:
avidchimp wrote:
DonM
1/23/2015 7:03pm
#991 wrote:
DonM wrote:
#991 wrote:
You may want to do a little history search on here before you call someone a dumbass......
1/23/2015 7:05pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2015 2:59pm
zippy895 wrote:
[img]https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/56566593.jpg[/img]
zippy895
1/23/2015 7:08pm
#991 wrote:
he's retired.co owner of rch team now.
1/23/2015 7:10pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2015 3:03pm
DonM wrote:
#991 wrote:
DonM wrote:
You may want to do a little history search on here before you call someone a dumbass......
DonM
1/23/2015 7:12pm
#991 wrote:
DonM wrote:
#991 wrote:
Pretty sure there is no risk of that....
Mikeyam187
1/23/2015 7:14pm
Yep, he's not teaching him how to ride. What does he even need a trainer for anyhow...to motivate him to train...Roczen can motivate himself!

Post a reply to: Roczen and aldon

The Latest