Roczen and Dungey

peelout
Edited Date/Time 3/10/2014 8:59am
Disclaimer : this is only my opinion

Points don't show it because of Kenny's dnf, but Ken has clearly been the better guy on the team. Kind of wild to watch from the outside. Dungey has always been one of the top guys, but he couldn't get by Dean for half the race and by then Kenny came from behind and caught and passed him. I'm not really making any unknown generalization just really impressed with Roczen and a little bewildered by the Dunge. Wonder what the atmosphere in the KTM rig is like, Kenny just went right the fuck around him.

Not only that but Dungey finished well behind Roczen and over 20 behind RV after RV fell. I thought RD would give Villo a run, but he just flat never had him in his sights for more than 3 corners.

One race doesn't make a season, but imo Dungey has been 3rd or even 4th best all year. Hopefully he can right the ship for outdoors and keep that top KTM guy status, but I have a feeling it won't be much different than this sx season.

Ps RV killed it and so did Baggett, super impressed with Chinchilla, bummed for 7, Barcia pulled a dum dum, and Malcom is a dipshit for his antics after the incident.

Peelout out
|
jasonv43
3/8/2014 8:46pm
Honestly, and this is totally just a gut feeling. But I really think Kenny can have a better 450 career than Eli or Justin.
3/8/2014 8:49pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2014 8:49pm
peelout wrote:
Disclaimer : this is only my opinion Points don't show it because of Kenny's dnf, but Ken has clearly been the better guy on the team...

Points don't show it because of Kenny's dnf, but Ken has clearly been the better guy on the team. Kind of wild to watch from the outside. Dungey has always been one of the top guys, but he couldn't get by Dean for half the race and by then Kenny came from behind and caught and passed him. I'm not really making any unknown generalization just really impressed with Roczen and a little bewildered by the Dunge. Wonder what the atmosphere in the KTM rig is like, Kenny just went right the fuck around him.

Not only that but Dungey finished well behind Roczen and over 20 behind RV after RV fell. I thought RD would give Villo a run, but he just flat never had him in his sights for more than 3 corners.

One race doesn't make a season, but imo Dungey has been 3rd or even 4th best all year. Hopefully he can right the ship for outdoors and keep that top KTM guy status, but I have a feeling it won't be much different than this sx season.

Ps RV killed it and so did Baggett, super impressed with Chinchilla, bummed for 7, Barcia pulled a dum dum, and Malcom is a dipshit for his antics after the incident.

Peelout out
You don't like dungey and you never will, but don't let your hate cloud your opinion. Don't forget about Dungey's DNF? Dungey said he was fighting his set up, but he still placed 3rd
peelout
3/8/2014 8:49pm
I agree, Eli beat Kenny last half of the outdoor, since then they aren't even on the same page. Imo KR will take over when RV hangs it up.

Also, amazing Villo rode that well after that practice crash, ugly.
KMC440
3/8/2014 8:51pm
Dungey has always been the "slow but steady wins the race" type.... he broke out of that mold and lost a lot of points in the process. Not surprised to see him take his time while in 3rd... just his gig man.

The Shop

peelout
3/8/2014 8:52pm
Where was any hate or slanderous thoughts in my post? Just stating what I'm see. I don't hate him at all, I've been a fan the last few years, I think you'll be hard pressed to find anything I've "hated" on him or any rider (kegels is the only thing I've hated for years) . Thanks for playing though
dantheman
3/8/2014 8:53pm
The thing I found interesting was how in his interview Dungey claimed the team was having "setup issues" and yet KROC just out rode RD? I know each rider is different but... for the team, only Dungey had "setup issues". Riders for different teams having setup issues would be more understandable even if not correct. Know what I mean?
ATKpilot99
3/8/2014 8:53pm
peelout wrote:
Disclaimer : this is only my opinion Points don't show it because of Kenny's dnf, but Ken has clearly been the better guy on the team...

Peelout out
Sounds like a pretty accurate assessment to me.
dantheman
3/8/2014 8:56pm
peelout wrote:
Where was any hate or slanderous thoughts in my post? Just stating what I'm see. I don't hate him at all, I've been a fan the...
Where was any hate or slanderous thoughts in my post? Just stating what I'm see. I don't hate him at all, I've been a fan the last few years, I think you'll be hard pressed to find anything I've "hated" on him or any rider (kegels is the only thing I've hated for years) . Thanks for playing though
People throw out the "hate" card now any time a discussion isn't to their liking, whether the facts are valid or not, and they simply want to discredit your OPINION en masse! It's really very sophmoronic.
rucka356
3/8/2014 8:58pm
Decoster even said once that Dunge is very picky about set up, I'm guessing he's just not as comfortable as Kenny on the bike and they are chasing their tails to find the exact/perfect set up for the dunge.
3/8/2014 8:58pm
peelout wrote:
Where was any hate or slanderous thoughts in my post? Just stating what I'm see. I don't hate him at all, I've been a fan the...
dantheman wrote:
People throw out the "hate" card now any time a discussion isn't to their liking, whether the facts are valid or not, and they simply want...
People throw out the "hate" card now any time a discussion isn't to their liking, whether the facts are valid or not, and they simply want to discredit your OPINION en masse! It's really very sophmoronic.
How cute , you both exchange love letters?
SEE ARE125
3/8/2014 8:59pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2014 9:01pm
dantheman wrote:
The thing I found interesting was how in his interview Dungey claimed the team was having "setup issues" and yet KROC just out rode RD? I...
The thing I found interesting was how in his interview Dungey claimed the team was having "setup issues" and yet KROC just out rode RD? I know each rider is different but... for the team, only Dungey had "setup issues". Riders for different teams having setup issues would be more understandable even if not correct. Know what I mean?
Roger said somewhere that Kenny isn't very picky, whereas Dungey is the complete opposite. He said they're constantly tweaking stuff and making adjustments for Dungey.

EDIT: rucka rolled the gate.
jasonv43
3/8/2014 9:01pm
dantheman wrote:
The thing I found interesting was how in his interview Dungey claimed the team was having "setup issues" and yet KROC just out rode RD? I...
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Roger said somewhere that Kenny isn't very picky, whereas Dungey is the complete opposite. He said they're constantly tweaking stuff and making adjustments for Dungey. EDIT...
Roger said somewhere that Kenny isn't very picky, whereas Dungey is the complete opposite. He said they're constantly tweaking stuff and making adjustments for Dungey.

I could see Dungey as an over thinker and KR as a grip it and rip it kind of guy.
dantheman
3/8/2014 9:02pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Roger said somewhere that Kenny isn't very picky, whereas Dungey is the complete opposite. He said they're constantly tweaking stuff and making adjustments for Dungey. EDIT...

Nah, you just SLEPT on it Tongue
Old-Man
3/8/2014 9:02pm
peelout wrote:
Where was any hate or slanderous thoughts in my post?

I didnt see any, are you the defensive type? noticed in a few threads of yours that you would come to blows with anyone talking smack against anyone you like......

....my opinion..LOL
rutsmash
3/8/2014 9:05pm
peelout wrote:

Peelout out
Who cares about your opinion..so here is mine. Roczen will be the best once RV leaves.
Katoomey
3/8/2014 9:12pm
rutsmash wrote:
Who cares about your opinion..so here is mine. Roczen will be the best once RV leaves.
are you drunk on noobsauce? STFU
malachi177
3/8/2014 9:13pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:

That was in the second episode of SX Btd where he said that. Dungey does definitely seem to be very picky with bike set up. I will say one thing though. RV had a couple Mad Skills MX rockets hidden somewhere. He was gone! I think the only one who would've been close to him speed wise was El Chupa 4.

Will Hahn needs a start, he's damn fast on the 450. I missed it, where the hell was ET3? Blink
jasonv43
3/8/2014 9:13pm
rutsmash wrote:
Katoomey wrote:
are you drunk on noobsauce? STFU
He's from Phoenix man cut him some slack. They've been waiting for ocean front property from California for years.Laughing
BigDaddyG
3/8/2014 9:21pm
Good post Peely. I have kinda given up on Dungey since he rides with zero urgency to get to the front or get passed guys he should be beating. A ton of examples but tonight with Wilson, he should have been able to get around him pretty quick. Not to take anything from Deano, he was rippin! But Dungey should have been able to get around him and secure 2nd. Kenny is in his head big time and Dungey needs to really up his game to compete with Kenny and RV. One of them has to leave KTM this next season.
3/8/2014 9:30pm
dantheman wrote:
Dungey is the best of the rest
sharkey
3/8/2014 9:34pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2014 9:36pm
peelout wrote:
I agree, Eli beat Kenny last half of the outdoor, since then they aren't even on the same page. Imo KR will take over when RV...
I agree, Eli beat Kenny last half of the outdoor, since then they aren't even on the same page. Imo KR will take over when RV hangs it up.

ken has always had smooth riding style and im not surprised how he has ridden the big bike. eli is more like Rv and I think the transisition will take longer not to mention he started off the year getting hurt .but the more important part I think is KR is training with the best two guys on the track and the best trainer. like Rv said hes fine with it and that knowledge hes passing on too Kenny is so valuable
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
3/8/2014 9:35pm
It was kind of humorous to hear Dungey on the podium say " we have to just continue to plug away at these points". Well he lost 5 points tonight so I'm not sure just how much more plugging away he is going to want to do.

It was obvious from the 1st round that Kenny is the better guy. Decoster really needs to do all he can to keep Kenny because Kenny is the future. Ryan Dungey is a great rider (one of the best) but he is a known commodity. The upside to Kenny is unknown and ridiculous at this point. If he can stay on Aldon's program and then become the #1 guy after RV leaves we could have a run of 4-5 years of KR domination. When was the last time our sport has seen such a young rider with this much pure talent have all the pieces in place at the same time?
peelout
3/8/2014 9:36pm
peelout wrote:
I agree, Eli beat Kenny last half of the outdoor, since then they aren't even on the same page. Imo KR will take over when RV...

sharkey wrote:
ken has always had smooth riding style and im not surprised how he has ridden the big bike. eli is more like Rv and I think...
ken has always had smooth riding style and im not surprised how he has ridden the big bike. eli is more like Rv and I think the transisition will take longer not to mention he started off the year getting hurt .but the more important part I think is KR is training with the best two guys on the track and the best trainer. like Rv said hes fine with it and that knowledge hes passing on too Kenny is so valuable
Very true, I like Eli and hope he can heal up and have a good run outdoors
dantheman
3/8/2014 9:40pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2014 9:41pm
He(RD) has two options, either get better at setting up his bike or... get comfortable with being uncomfortable. If he wants to be competitive for another title that is. On some days, he's the man.
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
3/8/2014 9:48pm
dantheman wrote:
He(RD) has two options, either get better at setting up his bike or... get comfortable with being [i]uncomfortable[/i]. If he wants to be competitive for another...
He(RD) has two options, either get better at setting up his bike or... get comfortable with being uncomfortable. If he wants to be competitive for another title that is. On some days, he's the man.
I was a huge Dungey fan until about round 4 of this year, so I'm not a hater. Looking back, it is very very rare that Dungey is "the man". Yes he has won a lot of races but most of his wins are when his rivals crash/have bad start. You can almost count on one hand the amount of wins Dungey has where he runs a rival down and passes them. It would be interesting to look at riders like Dungey, Poto, Stew, Reed and see how many passes they make in a supercross season. I would be willing to bet that Dungey would be closer to Alessi in passes made than he would be to a Stew or Reed. Poto wouldn't even be close.
struth
3/8/2014 9:51pm
When doe's Dung heap contract run out with ktm, the Dung has had a few yearsto get that ktm working and it;s not for him.
DUNG time to move on...it was almost sad watching RD , he would try and push in corners and loose rear traction when coming out of turns,.
RD reminds of reed, when his comfortable on his bike he is a title threat.
malachi177
3/8/2014 10:40pm
struth wrote:
When doe's Dung heap contract run out with ktm, the Dung has had a few yearsto get that ktm working and it;s not for him. DUNG...
When doe's Dung heap contract run out with ktm, the Dung has had a few yearsto get that ktm working and it;s not for him.
DUNG time to move on...it was almost sad watching RD , he would try and push in corners and loose rear traction when coming out of turns,.
RD reminds of reed, when his comfortable on his bike he is a title threat.
Blink Say what????
stewie94
3/8/2014 11:23pm
peelout wrote:

Peelout out
dungey had a dnf too , but yea overall roczen is having a better season than dungey , but me personally ,it all comes back to whether or not you are comfortable on the bike. to me dungey is like reed , their not goona push it to their FULLEST ability unless they are comfortable in their bike setup & what not
mauimotox99
3/8/2014 11:39pm
I think dungey would be better on yellow, he used to rip on those bikes

Post a reply to: Roczen and Dungey

The Latest