Roczen and Coffee?

kstyle
2/6/2018 6:47pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2018 1:33pm
He posted an IG story the other day with a Starbucks cup and captioned something like once you have had real coffee, this (Starbucks) is garbage. And almost once a week he posts a story pouring his morning coffee but the weird thing is that he is pouring from a blender bottle? Anyone know about what his magical coffee is?
|
JMR1976
2/6/2018 6:53pm
Probably whatever the See See cafe is serving?
BobbyM
2/6/2018 6:58pm
Welcome to the past

The Shop

ti473
2/6/2018 7:19pm
bulletproof coffee is a keto thing and it's pretty fucking nasty...
Basically lots of calories and not a lot of substance
Butter, coconut oil, heavy whipped cream... all blended in. mmmm sounds good right?
ti473
2/6/2018 7:20pm
also bulletproof coffee, might be something that someone branded, but it's not really a brand, anyone can make it
Betuel
2/6/2018 7:37pm
So the See See cafe is serving Bulletproof coffee? Couldn’t find what coffee they use on their website. You would think the would use the Portland native roaster Stumptown. Stumptown is real good coffee(coffee roaster) and i would think See See would want to support their local roaster.
danzig138
Fantasy
3975th
2/6/2018 7:44pm

I drank local grown coffee once, now look at me.
Premix
2/6/2018 7:54pm
Rogan did a podcast a while back debunking some of Dave Aspreys claims and “Bulletproof Coffee”. Here’s a snip from the pod.

https://youtu.be/rwY4H3cNTH0
kong0036
2/6/2018 8:59pm
kstyle wrote:
He posted an IG story the other day with a Starbucks cup and captioned something like once you have had real coffee, this (Starbucks) is garbage...
He posted an IG story the other day with a Starbucks cup and captioned something like once you have had real coffee, this (Starbucks) is garbage. And almost once a week he posts a story pouring his morning coffee but the weird thing is that he is pouring from a blender bottle? Anyone know about what his magical coffee is?
American coffee is SHIT !!!!
beamer
2/6/2018 9:14pm
Starbucks is garbage, true story
2/6/2018 10:16pm
kstyle wrote:
He posted an IG story the other day with a Starbucks cup and captioned something like once you have had real coffee, this (Starbucks) is garbage...
kong0036 wrote:
American coffee is SHIT !!!!
true story, its terrible
yz133rider
2/6/2018 10:43pm
This is seriously a topic? Roczen and his coffee preference? How does he manage to stir it with his damaged arm its such an amazing miraculous come back story.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
2/6/2018 10:43pm
danzig138 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/02/06/242448/s1200_guy.jpg[/img] I drank local grown coffee once, now look at me.

I drank local grown coffee once, now look at me.
GrinningGrinningGrinning
2/6/2018 11:51pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2018 11:53pm
Is caffeine on the banned substance list?
I think there is a limit to how much can be in your system

And most athletes would be on the limit as it increases cardiovascular capacity.
chaseodc
2/7/2018 6:05am
I lost 65lbs with Bulletproof coffee as the backbone of my program. Still consume a cup everyday and feel the immediate positive mental impact, also curbs appetite for intermittent fasting. Been 5 years and still keeping the weight off, actually started to lose again recently to shoot for a lower goal. 325 to 260. Heading to 225ish.

Rogan "debunks" a portion of Aspreys story because he was basically taking speed while doing his research. But the science behind the recipe stands and has been confirmed. Although there's always someone who will fight any research but that's a different conversation.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
2/7/2018 6:28am
chaseodc wrote:
I lost 65lbs with Bulletproof coffee as the backbone of my program. Still consume a cup everyday and feel the immediate positive mental impact, also curbs...
I lost 65lbs with Bulletproof coffee as the backbone of my program. Still consume a cup everyday and feel the immediate positive mental impact, also curbs appetite for intermittent fasting. Been 5 years and still keeping the weight off, actually started to lose again recently to shoot for a lower goal. 325 to 260. Heading to 225ish.

Rogan "debunks" a portion of Aspreys story because he was basically taking speed while doing his research. But the science behind the recipe stands and has been confirmed. Although there's always someone who will fight any research but that's a different conversation.
Where you eating also while drinking this for your diet? What was your daily intake like?
scootch
2/7/2018 6:33am
Bulletproof makes good products that produce REAL results. I use their Brain Octane everyday.

To all you keyboard jockeys in this thread, ignorance is bliss right? Laughing
chaseodc
2/7/2018 6:45am Edited Date/Time 2/7/2018 6:53am
chaseodc wrote:
I lost 65lbs with Bulletproof coffee as the backbone of my program. Still consume a cup everyday and feel the immediate positive mental impact, also curbs...

Where you eating also while drinking this for your diet? What was your daily intake like?
One cup in the A. M., Chicken breast, veggies, lentils lunch 12:30, protein veggie lentils dinner, 4 Brazil nut, couple eggs, snack at random when I needed a boost. No fruit, no sugar, no flour. Basically the 4 Hour body program by Tim Ferris. One monster cheat day per week. And a one hour workout 3 days a week. Lost the weight over an 8 month spread. To sustain I ate sensible but zero exercise although I do work at a fairly high intensity.
So no food before 12:30 (intermittent fasting theory). The concept is the body runs off the fat from the coffee and then taps my stored fat for energy.
OldPro277
2/7/2018 6:45am
chaseodc wrote:

chasedoc and scootch---- add me to the list of believers. started the Bulletproof and Keto routine on 1/2/18 and have dropped 15 lbs and my mind is much,much clearer and sharper. Just started my cardio and strength training this week to ramp up the results even further. 40 lbs to go.

Also--- that stuff coming out of the pictured blender cup is definitely NOT Bulletproof coffee. Way too dark . The Ghee really lightens it up ,even with the dark roast beans. I will say its an acquired taste, but definitely not nasty as someone stated above.

And to all the 'debunkers' out there....I have one retort------.lmfao
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
2/7/2018 6:57am
chaseodc wrote:

OldPro277 wrote:
chasedoc and scootch---- add me to the list of believers. started the Bulletproof and Keto routine on 1/2/18 and have dropped 15 lbs and my mind...
chasedoc and scootch---- add me to the list of believers. started the Bulletproof and Keto routine on 1/2/18 and have dropped 15 lbs and my mind is much,much clearer and sharper. Just started my cardio and strength training this week to ramp up the results even further. 40 lbs to go.

Also--- that stuff coming out of the pictured blender cup is definitely NOT Bulletproof coffee. Way too dark . The Ghee really lightens it up ,even with the dark roast beans. I will say its an acquired taste, but definitely not nasty as someone stated above.

And to all the 'debunkers' out there....I have one retort------.lmfao
What is your daily food intake that you dropped 15 in a month?

And congrats both guys on the success!
WCRider
Fantasy
2234th
2/7/2018 6:58am Edited Date/Time 2/7/2018 7:02am
kstyle wrote:
Yeah, he's so high-maintenance like what he said about tracks...It's like Nadal asked to play all the time on clay...

I do not like his style on the bike at all. I know it's subjective but I find it ugly to watch but he still a fck great rider obv.

MPJC
Fantasy
702nd
2/7/2018 7:02am
If someone is doing bulletproof and keto (or any other diet that sufficiently restricts calories to caloric deficit), why would they think that the bulletproof has anything special to do with the weight loss? I understand that caffeine helps boost the effects of a keto diet, but to say that "I drank bulletproof and then lost weight, therefore bulletproof aids weight loss" is an obvious case of a false cause fallacy. It may be the keto diet and exercise, with or without the bulletproof (or with just an ordinary cup of coffee to provide the caffeine).
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
2/7/2018 7:14am
MPJC wrote:
If someone is doing bulletproof and keto (or any other diet that sufficiently restricts calories to caloric deficit), why would they think that the bulletproof has...
If someone is doing bulletproof and keto (or any other diet that sufficiently restricts calories to caloric deficit), why would they think that the bulletproof has anything special to do with the weight loss? I understand that caffeine helps boost the effects of a keto diet, but to say that "I drank bulletproof and then lost weight, therefore bulletproof aids weight loss" is an obvious case of a false cause fallacy. It may be the keto diet and exercise, with or without the bulletproof (or with just an ordinary cup of coffee to provide the caffeine).
Maybe it’s a placebo effect, maybe it’s not. Either way it’s helping these guys live a healthier life and be more fit. Nothing wrong with that.
OldPro277
2/7/2018 7:38am
What is your daily food intake that you dropped 15 in a month?

And congrats both guys on the success!
Hey Joe-- first a little background. I'm 59 yo 6'2" and 265 lbs (as of 12/31/2017,249 as of this morning). Just got back into riding the past 2 years and found that I really needed to get back into some kind of shape to be competitive,even in the Vintage stuff. So, the guy (Asimo) that over simplifies weight loss as "calories in minus calories burned = weight loss" obviously isn't a 60 yo human trying to drop 50 lbs+. At my/our age, our metabolic rates aren't on fire like when we were teenagers riding/racing every day.

Ive been keeping my caloric intake to around 2400 daily. But the key elements here are eating the CORRECT calories. I'm doing approx 82% fat/ 15% protein/3% carbs. And the carbs I do eat are fresh veggies,etc. I havent had a piece of bread/potatoes/crackers/pasta since I've started. Its been fairly easy to track my intake via the Lifesum app on my phone. What the Keto type of eating does for you,has been discussed here multiple times,the Bulletproof coffee is just a good way to jumpstart the day with some healthy fat-loading. The toughest part of this was avoiding too much Protein and getting enough of the proper fats. I thought cutting the processed carbs would be the most difficult, but its really tough to get enough fats in you without overeating protein. 5 VERY important words if you are going to give this a shot---" coconut oil is your friend" lol. . It goes against everything you've tried in the past to lose weight, avoiding fats,cutting calories etc,etc. I admit its scary to load up with over 200gms of fat,but it works. Even my glucose and cholesterol levels have dropped significantly.

Steaks,bacon,butter,salmon,tuna,cashews, hard-boiled eggs,coconut oil (of course) and a Bulletproof to start the day, have been my staples for the past 6 weeks.

So again, Asimo, I'm not a silly,easily bamboozled consumer,nor am I a paid endorser,lol ---I'm just doing what works. If that upsets you, go find another thread and bash over there. Wink

Betuel
2/7/2018 7:44am
Calories in vs. calories out is science. The type of calories is for body composition and good overal health. For weight loss alone all that matters is calories. Here is an article of a high school science teacher who lost weight and lowered his cholesterol eating McDonalds as an experiment to show calories in vs Calories out is science and true.
https://www.today.com/health/man-loses-56-pounds-after-eating-only-mcdo…

Post a reply to: Roczen and Coffee?

The Latest