Roczen's age.

JB479
2/1/2014 11:43pm Edited Date/Time 2/3/2014 11:03am
Considering Roczen is only 19 turning 20 this year, When will he retire?

I mean he's still younger then most lites riders. ( only a year older then webb!)

He riding 450's now , how much motivation do you think he will have in 5 or 8 years? considering he will only be 25,28 etc

He's still two years younger then barcia and tomac.

He's 12 years younger then reed, which means he could be racing for another 12 years, Seems like a long time to stay motivated.
|
mxlegend99
Fantasy
1518th
2/1/2014 11:52pm
I don't think he will have a hard time staying motivated. Chad Reed was battling it out with Ricky Carmichael 11 years ago. He looks as motivated as he ever has to win. He looked like he wasn't going to adapt to 4 strokes too well, and eventually he did. He was then having to constantly fight to keep improving his pace to match it with the likes of Ricky Carmichael, James Stewart, Ryan Villopoto, Ryan Dungey and Ken Roczen. Aside from Ricky Carmichael, he still faces all those riders each week and has walked away with 2 wins and 4 podiums in arguably the most stacked field of all time.

The only motivation Chad Reed has needed is that he hates losing. Ken Roczen just needs to hate losing and he shouldn't have any trouble trying to win for the next 10+ years.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
2/1/2014 11:59pm
As long as he keeps having fun he'll be right. He's always got the option of mixing it up and returning to the GPs.

Luckily, he didn't start getting serious until 2 or so years before the GPs, so there should be less risk of him getting burnt out in that respect.
mxmasta
Fantasy
651st
2/2/2014 12:38am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
As long as he keeps having fun he'll be right. He's always got the option of mixing it up and returning to the GPs. Luckily, he...
As long as he keeps having fun he'll be right. He's always got the option of mixing it up and returning to the GPs.

Luckily, he didn't start getting serious until 2 or so years before the GPs, so there should be less risk of him getting burnt out in that respect.
In my eyes he really started getting serious this year. All the years before, in the GPs and racing AMA 250s, he was just some kind of having fun, sure some kind of professional fun, but it was more about to still have a life beside the races.
From this year on, he is a full time pro....

At least thats the impression i have from him.

The Shop

2/2/2014 7:30am
Stewart moved up at 19. There you go.
and I convinced myself he would give MC's record SX wins a run for the money. Can Roczen be the guy?
bama205
2/2/2014 5:12pm
Stewart moved up at 19. There you go.
and I convinced myself he would give MC's record SX wins a run for the money. Can Roczen be the guy?
can? yes
will? doubtful
2/2/2014 6:39pm
JB479 wrote:
Considering Roczen is only 19 turning 20 this year, When will he retire? I mean he's still younger then most lites riders. ( only a year...
Considering Roczen is only 19 turning 20 this year, When will he retire?

I mean he's still younger then most lites riders. ( only a year older then webb!)

He riding 450's now , how much motivation do you think he will have in 5 or 8 years? considering he will only be 25,28 etc

He's still two years younger then barcia and tomac.

He's 12 years younger then reed, which means he could be racing for another 12 years, Seems like a long time to stay motivated.
LOL He is 19 in German years in So Cal he is really 42.
TeamGreen
2/2/2014 8:16pm
He'll probably go over to RBR in '18 & win over there, too.

I'm jus' sayin'...
PressPassP
2/3/2014 11:03am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
As long as he keeps having fun he'll be right. He's always got the option of mixing it up and returning to the GPs. Luckily, he...

mxmasta wrote:
In my eyes he really started getting serious this year. All the years before, in the GPs and racing AMA 250s, he was just some kind...
In my eyes he really started getting serious this year. All the years before, in the GPs and racing AMA 250s, he was just some kind of having fun, sure some kind of professional fun, but it was more about to still have a life beside the races.
From this year on, he is a full time pro....

At least thats the impression i have from him.
I think he actually seemed more professional in the GP's with Everts,Beirer and co looking over him,than when he went to the US,where he maybe lacked the guidance,he seemed a little lost and distracted,maybe not too suprising given all the circumstances,(personal observations obviously)

I've followed him on Twitter and Instagram for a while and while he still gets to Chipotle,he's a different pro now for sure,I think he's more suited to the 450 than the 350 too,did you see him at Teuchenthal at the 2012 GP btw?

Post a reply to: Roczen's age.

The Latest