Roczen Vs Hetrick GoPros

bh84
Fantasy
1761st
Edited Date/Time 3/1/2016 1:13pm
Pretty cool to see the comparison. Damn near identical lap times. Roczen a little faster at High Point. No hate towards bikes or quads, just neat to see how close they really are, considering just how different the machines are and the different lines and techniques used. And how differently the tracks develop.

|
BobPA
2/11/2016 10:54am
The track looks like a freeway in both of the recliner's videos
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
2/11/2016 10:58am
High point defninitely gets bluegrooved, Red Bud is rough as hell for ATVA races, I think this vid was from moto 1 or qualifying, because by the second moto its whooped out pretty bad usually
2/11/2016 11:01am
BobPA wrote:
A freeway through a ghost town aaahahaha

The Shop

2/11/2016 12:15pm
GASP. How could this be... The bikes are supposed to have WAY faster lap times than the quads. Quads suck and are a lot slower. Wait. The track was rougher for the bike. Yeah, that's it. I mean, only gays ride quads. Wait, no, there were no fans there to watch the quads on their couches. So that must be it.

Am I missing any of the usual comments as I watch Joel Hetrick "pull away" from Ken Fucking Roczen at Red Bud?
peelout
2/11/2016 12:28pm
8686 wrote:
GASP. How could this be... The bikes are supposed to have WAY faster lap times than the quads. Quads suck and are a lot slower. Wait...
GASP. How could this be... The bikes are supposed to have WAY faster lap times than the quads. Quads suck and are a lot slower. Wait. The track was rougher for the bike. Yeah, that's it. I mean, only gays ride quads. Wait, no, there were no fans there to watch the quads on their couches. So that must be it.

Am I missing any of the usual comments as I watch Joel Hetrick "pull away" from Ken Fucking Roczen at Red Bud?
so how did you break the news to your parents?
2/11/2016 12:34pm
peelout wrote:
Didn't I have that one in my last post?
Bultaco
2/11/2016 12:58pm
What are the engine size and weight differences between the quad and bike? I have no idea about the quads.
FlaNard
2/11/2016 1:00pm
Look, I have nothing against how people want to live their lives. But as a father to a young and impressionable son, I really wish someone could have put a warning about the homosexual content of this thread. Again, not judging anyone, I just don't know how to explain what it means to "ride" an ATV. He's too young to understand and he could have walked by my computer while I had this thread open.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
2/11/2016 1:06pm
FlaNard wrote:
Look, I have nothing against how people want to live their lives. But as a father to a young and impressionable son, I really wish someone...
Look, I have nothing against how people want to live their lives. But as a father to a young and impressionable son, I really wish someone could have put a warning about the homosexual content of this thread. Again, not judging anyone, I just don't know how to explain what it means to "ride" an ATV. He's too young to understand and he could have walked by my computer while I had this thread open.
Frodad78
2/11/2016 1:08pm
8686 wrote:
GASP. How could this be... The bikes are supposed to have WAY faster lap times than the quads. Quads suck and are a lot slower. Wait...

huck
2/11/2016 1:13pm
8686 wrote:

"sorry about your dick, bro"

2/11/2016 1:23pm
Bultaco wrote:
What are the engine size and weight differences between the quad and bike? I have no idea about the quads.
They are both 450 four strokes. Unsure on the weight differences. Couch should weigh more than love seat? (They are both foopers, after all...)

And thanks for the chuckle on the rest of the comments. Smile
kevin204
Fantasy
2870th
2/11/2016 4:04pm
Using homosexuality as an insult sure is a sign of great character.
BobPA
2/11/2016 4:07pm
kevin204 wrote:
Using homosexuality as an insult sure is a sign of great character.
So is being a condescending pussy
Zracer
2/11/2016 4:20pm
8686 wrote:

peelout wrote:
You're the expert. Nobody can have as many gay pics and memes as you without being a flamer. Why do you always ask for advice on breaking the news to your parents? Im sure they know by now.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
2/11/2016 4:28pm
8686 wrote:

peelout wrote:
Zracer wrote:
You're the expert. Nobody can have as many gay pics and memes as you without being a flamer. Why do you always ask for advice on...
You're the expert. Nobody can have as many gay pics and memes as you without being a flamer. Why do you always ask for advice on breaking the news to your parents? Im sure they know by now.
It sounds like you quad pretty hard? Not that there's anything wrong with that . . .
2/11/2016 4:35pm
I am just confused on why you continue to compare couches and bikes? Nobody cares
Gringoe
2/11/2016 4:41pm
Bro. It should be easier they have twice as many wheels.
NV825
Fantasy
2740th
2/11/2016 4:43pm
Blown out berms and almost entirely blue groove is track development?
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
2/12/2016 9:31am
So then you guys just start yelling homophobic obscenities as soon as a quad flies by you on the track? Because unless you're as fast as Roczen (hint: you aren't) there's a lot of quad guys faster than you. Hetrick isnt even the fastest rider on quads right now.

I'm not a liberal by any means, but aren't we past the whole homophobe thing? Its not even funny any more, its old and stale. I mean chirp all you want, but come up with something new.
2/12/2016 10:19am
Smooth just the corners out after an MX race, as I can see that's probably where quads would have the biggest issue, and see if those videos still come close at all. The tracks not only break down completely different, but are prepped differently too.

I met a guy on a quad once, (didnt actually know him) who thought he was faster than me. He decided he wanted to 'race' me during a practice day. After I caught him, tried to pass him twice, and then went to jump past him, he decided to cross jump me. I landed on his fender/tire/seat and my bike was done for the day. I was 30 minutes in to my day at the track. Needless to say, the guy didn't get too close to me after that.
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
3/1/2016 1:13pm
Smooth just the corners out after an MX race, as I can see that's probably where quads would have the biggest issue, and see if those...
Smooth just the corners out after an MX race, as I can see that's probably where quads would have the biggest issue, and see if those videos still come close at all. The tracks not only break down completely different, but are prepped differently too.

I met a guy on a quad once, (didnt actually know him) who thought he was faster than me. He decided he wanted to 'race' me during a practice day. After I caught him, tried to pass him twice, and then went to jump past him, he decided to cross jump me. I landed on his fender/tire/seat and my bike was done for the day. I was 30 minutes in to my day at the track. Needless to say, the guy didn't get too close to me after that.
There's dickheads on both sides for sure. I find I get cross jumped a lot on my quad, which is why I won't jump with a bike unless I know and trust the guy. I took an inside line before a double this summer to get by a guy on 2 wheels, as I landed I found my face 6 inches from his back tire as he overshot and cross jumped all the way from the outside berm. I parked it for the day after that.

And to answer the weight question. Most race quads weigh in at 350-400lbs

Post a reply to: Roczen Vs Hetrick GoPros

The Latest