Roczen 'VisorGate'

Related:
Create New Tag

1/7/2018 9:57 AM

So, ummm, where and when did Roczen's visor say buh-bye? Crazy to think that Fox's highly touted new magnetic technology would fail on the biggest stage in SX/MX. Likely they will need to mod and insert stronger magnets...I am all for safer equipment, but when it becomes a distraction to the rider that is fairly counterproductive. KR94 does not need any more "distractions" cough...Coop...cough...Mariah...cough...Barcia...arm brace etc. etc

|

1/7/2018 9:58 AM

ktmwoods wrote:

So, ummm, where and when did Roczen's visor say buh-bye? Crazy to think that Fox's highly touted new magnetic technology would fail on the biggest stage in SX/MX. Likely they will need to mod and insert stronger magnets...I am all for safer equipment, but when it becomes a distraction to the rider that is fairly counterproductive. KR94 does not need any more "distractions" cough...Coop...cough...Mariah...cough...Barcia...arm brace etc. etc

It's happened multiple times before, what's the surprise here?

|

Might order a pizza, take a nap, doesn't really matter.

1/7/2018 10:00 AM

Without visor it did match to new goggles they came out. Both will fit for starwars and evelknievil fans. Fail.

|

1/7/2018 10:02 AM

|

1/7/2018 10:03 AM

SKlein wrote:

It's happened multiple times before, what's the surprise here?

You're correct - this has happened before. I guess the "surprise" is in they haven't fixed it. Then again, maybe it is not fixable without ruining the purpose.

|

1/7/2018 10:05 AM

It's not a "gate." "Gate" refers to a conspiracy. Is there a conspiracy here?

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

1/7/2018 10:12 AM

probably cooper webb whipped it of his face.

|

1/7/2018 10:13 AM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

It's not a "gate." "Gate" refers to a conspiracy. Is there a conspiracy here?

Ok, Gate / Tech Botch, whatever you want to call it - feels like if equipment is failing on the very top guys (Tomac Pants) this is kinda sorta big deal jeopardizing guys like that careers. Dungey air shock failure comes to mind too...

|

1/7/2018 10:19 AM

I thought of Ronnie Mac when I first saw it.

|

Name withheld... Esquire

1/7/2018 10:23 AM

es337 wrote:

Holy fuck... "I literally can't even" with this video laughing .... I was wondering when he lost it exactly last night, because one lap he came around with it.. then the next without it

|

"Life is Too Short To Last Long"

1/7/2018 10:27 AM

51xc wrote:

probably cooper webb whipped it of his face.

Hahaha I know right! that was a nasty Whip look back. and the block pass in the heat. Webb was trying to send a message or what? hahaha

|

Some people are so poor, all they got is money

1/7/2018 11:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2018 11:22 AM

In an interview from transworld he said it fell off when he looked down for some roost.

|

1/7/2018 11:25 AM

While watching Tomac fumble with his pants for 5 minutes was great for the comedic value I have to say watching Roczen without a visor probably takes the cake in the comedy department. Not sure why but every time I see it I can't help but laugh.

|

1/7/2018 11:28 AM

Steve125 wrote:

Me too!

|

1/7/2018 11:29 AM

Its a peak... same thing that is a on a baseball cap , that is also called a peak.

It is not , and never will be a visor.

|

1/7/2018 11:33 AM

jorgechavez wrote:

While watching Tomac fumble with his pants for 5 minutes was great for the comedic value I have to say watching Roczen without a visor probably takes the cake in the comedy department. Not sure why but every time I see it I can't help but laugh.

Baggett still holds the title for biggest goon resulting from a helmet issue

Photo

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

1/7/2018 11:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2018 11:36 AM

philG wrote:

Its a peak... same thing that is a on a baseball cap , that is also called a peak.

Here in the US and A that’s a Visor bro..... deal with it.

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

1/7/2018 11:48 AM

I suppose the visor coming off due to ducking roost makes some sense..... but dirt doesn't get much "friendlier" than what we saw last night, does it?? They even talked about how they sifted all the rocks and debris from the dirt. I'd think that certain other tracks (especially Nationals) would have roost that's much deadlier than that A1 dirt...

Should be some fun Monday morning meetings at Fox and Alpinestars tomorrow..

|

1/7/2018 11:57 AM

philG wrote:

Hang on to your knickers, mate. MVRS = Magnetic Visor Release System.

Photo

|

1/7/2018 11:57 AM

philG wrote:

MxKing809 wrote:

So what is that clear thing on a full face roadrace helmet called then?

|

1/7/2018 12:00 PM

philG wrote:

'Face shield' I believe Phil.

|

1/7/2018 12:02 PM

philG wrote:

I believe that is called a " Poon Deflector "

|

1/7/2018 12:04 PM

philG wrote:

MxKing809 wrote:

philG wrote:

Shield

|

Instagram - @MxCulture

1/7/2018 12:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2018 12:10 PM

Seems like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist....has a plastic peak/visor held with plastic screws ever caused a problem....I would have thought the mouth piece would be a lever in an accident before the peak/visor. Just trying to re-invent the wheel for marketing.

|

1/7/2018 12:17 PM

Andy_Greenney wrote:

Seems like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist....has a plastic peak/visor held with plastic screws ever caused a problem....I would have thought the mouth piece would be a lever in an accident before the peak/visor. Just trying to re-invent the wheel for marketing.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing but I believe fox said it's to help cut down on rotational force in the event of a faceplant. I could see it having a purpose if they work out all the bugs.

|

1/7/2018 12:22 PM

Steve125 wrote:

Reminded me of Metzger

|

1/7/2018 12:33 PM

Andy_Greenney wrote:

Agree, my visors usually brakes into a few pieces when I decide to taste some dirt. Good idea to sell a few more visors tho, I bet they are pricey to replace too

|

KX125

1/7/2018 12:35 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

I suppose the visor coming off due to ducking roost makes some sense..... but dirt doesn't get much "friendlier" than what we saw last night, does it?? They even talked about how they sifted all the rocks and debris from the dirt. I'd think that certain other tracks (especially Nationals) would have roost that's much deadlier than that A1 dirt...

Should be some fun Monday morning meetings at Fox and Alpinestars tomorrow..

Tim Gajser wears the same Helmet in MXGP and he has lost it loads of times.. so many that it isnt a surprise any more.

This is a classic 'you had one job' moment.. if it comes off when you dont crash, then its not fit for purpose.

The only thing i will say about this, is that i will never buy a helmet with one, even before this.

|

1/7/2018 12:35 PM

They should add a couple screws to help hold it on!

|

1/7/2018 12:36 PM

Andy_Greenney wrote:

On the bright side: you don't have to buy a new one after a crash. Just click it back on and gowink wink

|