btn
2 of 3
Related:
Create New Tag
newmann newmann
1/28/2019 12:06 PM
ruy wrote:

I think JMB did a lot of ...more

Bayle pretty much hated Stanton and rode around behind Bradshaw at a snails pace until it looked like Bradshaw was about to fall over.

ruy ruy
1/28/2019 12:25 PM
newmann wrote:

Bayle pretty much hated ...more

Yes, because that year Stanton made a JMB off the track, in one race, according to JMB's opinion

Apart from that, very talented riders do not like anything that one who is not talented wins over them. And Stanton was not very talented, it was more about working and trying.
JMB has been one of the most talented riders there has been and that he has won a rider without talent, or as much less talent than him, he does not like anything.
Photo

ruy ruy
1/28/2019 12:46 PM
mattyhamz2 wrote:

But you can't say he ...more

ruy wrote:

Yes, but after not wanting ...more

mattyhamz2 wrote:

He failed for not going? ...more

Photo
He fail in Red Bud, the same as the rest of Team USA
Photo
MXDN is honor and pride, it is clear that for some professionals it is sometimes not their priority.
The fans and the history will judge them.

ratonmacias ratonmacias
1/28/2019 12:49 PM

talentwise KW and Bradshaw.

Titlewise Albee and Langston. plenty of championships among them without a big bike sx Championship.

ruy ruy
1/28/2019 1:41 PM
ratonmacias wrote:

talentwise KW and ...more

And Cooper who did not win any SX race Photo

DC DC
1/28/2019 1:49 PM
ruy wrote:

I think JMB did a lot of ...more

newmann wrote:

Bayle pretty much hated ...more

ruy wrote:

Yes, because that year ...more

Ruy, I think it was JMB himself who made the "JMB" off the track. He did it on a hillside at Honda Land, the old practice track for the team. Bayle loved to play ride and fool around and some of that drove Stanton crazy. JMB would sit on the tailgate of his truck and eat a candy bar, then go out and lay down the fastest lap of the test, then ride off and practice jumping cliffs and hills. He was so talented it made Stanton mad, because Jeff has to work harder to be that fast!

DC
Racer X

Motofinne Motofinne
1/28/2019 2:04 PM
RandyS wrote:

I know it's early but past ...more

RichieW13 wrote:

What history implies that ...more

I remember several years ago in a Racer X race recap when the guys talked about winning premier class titles in SX. If i remember right, they said nobody in the history of the sport has won a premier title in their 5th year or later. 4th is the "latest" that anyone has done it.

So as crazy as it sounds, the history speaks against Tomac and Roczen.

I haven't checked if that stat is true but i will assume that it is. I think Matthes, Weege and JT would know.

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

mfd1068 mfd1068
1/28/2019 2:19 PM

And then Mr Talent when off to road race. How did that work out for him???? The rare combination of Talent and Work Ethic produces championships. See Stanton,RC and Dungey.

RichieW13 RichieW13
1/28/2019 2:52 PM
RandyS wrote:

I know it's early but past ...more

RichieW13 wrote:

What history implies that ...more

Motofinne wrote:

I remember several years ...more

Ah, well I'm not sure if there is any real reason for that to be insurmountable.

Emig's first win came in his 4th season, and I think he's the only one to even take that long.

It's not that the guys are too old, Roczen will be 25 in a couple months and Tomac just turned 26. Dungey, Reed, Carmichael and McGrath have won championships at that age or older.

Plus Roczen and Tomac already have outdoor championships so they are familiar with the pressure of competing for a championship.

Right now Cooper Webb looks to be the only thing standing in front of an unusual champion from an age standpoint. The points leaders include guys like Baggett, Barcia, Roczen, Tomac and Wilson who are in at least their 5th season in the premier class. Or you have Marvin Musquin who is 29 years old, which would make him the oldest champion ever (unless you want to count Pierre Karsmakers winning the 3-round championship in 1974).

jorgechavez jorgechavez
1/28/2019 2:57 PM
RichieW13 wrote:

Ah, well I'm not sure if ...more

Emig isn't the only one. Anderson just won the SX title in his fourth year in the class.

RichieW13 RichieW13
1/28/2019 2:59 PM
Motofinne wrote:

I remember several years ...more

RichieW13 wrote:

Ah, well I'm not sure if ...more

jorgechavez wrote:

Emig isn't the only one. ...more

There you go. Before Emig won, history said he couldn't do it. Then he did it. Before Anderson won, history said it was very unlikely. Now, getting your first championship in your 4th season has been done twice!

life_of_jaze life_of_jaze
1/28/2019 3:44 PM
ruy wrote:

I do not think Tomac will ...more

LMAO

oldblood oldblood
1/28/2019 8:26 PM
ruy wrote:

And Cooper who did not win ...more

Almost in San Jose. Dubach won.(I was there).

ruy, I want to thank you for getting me REALLY fired up for the next des nations!

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

oldblood oldblood
1/28/2019 8:28 PM

Roczen will win. SX

"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

ruy ruy
1/29/2019 5:20 AM
DC wrote:

Ruy, I think it was JMB ...more

Yes, there is a very good video there, where JMB and Stanton are trained there, JMB makes a section of linked jumps and Stanton tries, but stumbles.

ruy ruy
1/29/2019 5:29 AM
oldblood wrote:

Almost in San Jose. Dubach ...more

Win Cooper or win Dubach ..? in 250? What year?

Next nations, next decepcions
For the Yankees
I recommend waiting for the MXON 2020 in France.
But if you go to Assen, you can see a Prado festival there.
Yes, it is highly recommended to see.

ruy ruy
1/29/2019 5:47 AM
mfd1068 wrote:

And then Mr Talent when ...more

Photo
JMB world champion 125, of 250, went to the USA and came to win in a year what never won a Yankee, 250, 500 and Supercross in the same year! became the first rider to win 3 AMA Championship crowns in one season, completing his trilogy.
1991 AMA 250cc Supercross Champion
1991 AMA 250cc National Champion
1991 AMA 500cc National Champion
Despite his record-setting performance at 22 years old, he was less than enthusiastic about his accomplishments. The Frenchman beats America’s best at their own game.
Photo
As of today, no rider has achieved anything similar
ruy ruy
1/29/2019 5:49 AM

Maverick313 Maverick313
1/29/2019 5:53 AM

Just some stats

Damon Bradshaw
0 titles and 29 wins

Ken Roczen
2 titles and 28 wins

Eli Tomac
3 titles and 50 wins

ruy ruy
1/29/2019 6:21 AM

I think Bradshaw have a 125 tittles Photo
And 2 wins in MXDN,
Roczen 1
Tomac 0, nope, nain nada cero, just triying and not too much

Photo

Pic from the win in the sand of Holland
2º Belgium, with Everts
3º Holland
Not bad ehhhh
Before yankees dominated the sport, now not, and also de Belgium lost they dominance in Europe

ruy ruy
1/29/2019 6:40 AM
ruy wrote:

life_of_jaze wrote:

LMAO

Photo

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Photo
newmann newmann
1/29/2019 6:58 AM

Bayle made it look too easy. Was it the 92 LA SX that he came into the pits after the race and threw his bike on the ground and left?

oldblood oldblood
1/29/2019 8:33 AM
ruy wrote:

Win Cooper or win Dubach ...more

The 'Doctor' Dubach 1991 250sx San Jose Supercross.

Blur the technicolor

oldblood oldblood
1/29/2019 8:43 AM

A cool story about it.
www.dubachracing.com/doug-dubach-1991-san-jose-supercross-victory/

Blur the technicolor

Maverick313 Maverick313
1/29/2019 2:45 PM
ruy wrote:

I think Bradshaw have a ...more

Bradshaw doesn't have any titles unless your counting Regional 125 SX Titles. Roczen and Tomac have those also. And Rozen has MXGP titles and Tomac has MXGP wins.

life_of_jaze life_of_jaze
1/29/2019 3:44 PM
ruy wrote:

life_of_jaze wrote:

LMAO

ruy wrote:

...more

That doesn’t mean shit

haydos25 haydos25
1/29/2019 5:24 PM

How many seasons has Marvin raced a 450? This is his 4th year as well right? So going by the record books this is his last year to win it as well otherwise he should just give it away too right?

RandyS RandyS
1/29/2019 8:46 PM
oldblood wrote:

A cool story about it.
...more

Not to take anything from Dubach but I was no more than 20 feet from it. Matisevich was not going to get by Cooper so he cleaned him out. Dubach was in the right place at the right time.

oldblood oldblood
1/29/2019 9:23 PM

Doug put himself in position to take the win. Good for him.

Blur the technicolor

oldblood oldblood
1/29/2019 9:29 PM

As for ruy, the more he talks shit about Tomac, the more I like Tomac.

Blur the technicolor

btn
btn
2 of 3

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry