Roczen & The Leap

koobly
Man,

I've always been a fan of Kenny's riding, the way he carries corner speed, standing up, and making everything look super smooth. Was stoked to see him get a few wins after the injuries as well.

But easily the coolest thing I've seen him do is SEND it over the leap, and casing it brutally. Here's a guy that makes mega bucks, could easily milk Honda for the remainder of his contract, or just back it down, tell himself "next week" or "Ferrandis will make a mistake".... But nope. CLEARLY uncomfortable with the jump, he just tucks in behind a facefull of AP's sand roost, squares it up, and goes for it.

I love his commitment to going for that jump right there. Every point counts, and I am super stoked that Kenny took a shot at it. Like ole Teddy Bear says... the credit belongs to the man who comes up short again and again, and if he fails does it while daring greatly.

That was a championship effort. Ken Roczen rode like a champion, and I effing loved it!

That dude just went from one of the guys I like to root for, to all time favourite.

Not the best points day, but if he wins this championship, it is EARNED.

Brap.

Koob

|
Mavetism
7/9/2021 9:31am
You forgot the fact that one lap after he cased it, he went for it again, couldn't believe my eyes. Hope we see a good fight from him until the end, I want to see him getting at least one 450 championship after his injuries and before he retires.
Talisker
7/9/2021 9:32am
Man, that was a brutal case!!!! The only case worst was Forkner's.
Fonzarelli
7/9/2021 10:13am
So later in the race when he crashed, does anyone know what happened? All that can be seen on replays is him hitting a pile of sand and flying off his bike in the corner after the Leap. When he got to that corner was he already out of control from another bad landing?

Anyway, yes, I never forget that all those guys have XL titanium balls, but seeing someone almost wad up in the worst way and go right back after the same obstacle just hammers home a major reason they are out there and I am not.

The Shop

7/9/2021 11:12am
Fonzarelli wrote:
So later in the race when he crashed, does anyone know what happened? All that can be seen on replays is him hitting a pile of...
So later in the race when he crashed, does anyone know what happened? All that can be seen on replays is him hitting a pile of sand and flying off his bike in the corner after the Leap. When he got to that corner was he already out of control from another bad landing?

Anyway, yes, I never forget that all those guys have XL titanium balls, but seeing someone almost wad up in the worst way and go right back after the same obstacle just hammers home a major reason they are out there and I am not.
He said in a post race interview he just washed the front.

On the OP's point you can clearly see the fire returning to Kenny this season. I think he is having fun on his dirtbike again. I just don't think he is one of those guys who can be miserable for a season( RV, DF14) and do well.
gt80rider
7/9/2021 11:51am
K-roc is a beast!!! Love watching that dude race the nationals!
crusher773
7/9/2021 10:18pm
Mavetism wrote:
You forgot the fact that one lap after he cased it, he went for it again, couldn't believe my eyes. Hope we see a good fight...
You forgot the fact that one lap after he cased it, he went for it again, couldn't believe my eyes. Hope we see a good fight from him until the end, I want to see him getting at least one 450 championship after his injuries and before he retires.
That's what my brother said he is working up that way and was close enough to go. He said he couldn't believe Kenny kept doing it and it just sounded awful when he was casing it.
7/10/2021 12:06am
My biggest criticism of Kenny was that in SX it almost like he gave up sometimes. Outdoors this has not been the case, it’s great to see this much fight in him!
austin_bo
Fantasy
239th
7/10/2021 6:40am
Watching Kenny at Redbud looked like a return of his confidence to me. Ever since his accidents, he’s ridden with perfect form, but sometimes to his detriment (too cautious and reserved). He was letting it all hang out at Redbud… feet coming off the pegs, casing the leap, and then sending it again the next lap. I definitely think a lot of his fear is in the rearview and I’m looking forward to watching him have some great battles with DF14 the rest of the season.
Rawly
7/10/2021 9:11am
I liked Grants comment “ he’s gonna need a lawyer for that case “
koobly
7/10/2021 8:03pm
Mavetism wrote:
You forgot the fact that one lap after he cased it, he went for it again, couldn't believe my eyes. Hope we see a good fight...
You're right... I did forget to add that. Just amazing.

Post a reply to: Roczen & The Leap

The Latest