Roczen Speaks- Racer x

Mxjuncks
Edited Date/Time 8/21/2015 11:02am
http://racerxonline.com/2015/08/20/redux-roczen-speaks

If anyone can post a direct link that would be great. But this is all I have so far. Very interesting
|
500guy
8/20/2015 7:01am
I like the kid, very well spoken.
Mxjuncks
8/20/2015 7:03am
I'm honestly a little bummed for kenny. If it's true that he didn't know his dad said those things in the interview it's really messed up IMO. Putting him in worse position then he already is.
Moto75
8/20/2015 7:16am
Funny, the end of the interview speaks a bit in past tense but present also. My guess, things are a bit up in the air for next year. Roczen's dad is becoming the next Tony Alessi, burning bridges for his son. Regardless if Roczen is on his way out, there's more diplomatic ways of going about it.
Mxjuncks
8/20/2015 7:18am
Moto75 wrote:
Funny, the end of the interview speaks a bit in past tense but present also. My guess, things are a bit up in the air for...
Funny, the end of the interview speaks a bit in past tense but present also. My guess, things are a bit up in the air for next year. Roczen's dad is becoming the next Tony Alessi, burning bridges for his son. Regardless if Roczen is on his way out, there's more diplomatic ways of going about it.
My thoughts exactly. I would be beyond pissed if my dad jeopardized my relationship with my team like that.

The Shop

agn5009
8/20/2015 7:20am
Moto75 wrote:
Funny, the end of the interview speaks a bit in past tense but present also. My guess, things are a bit up in the air for...
Mxjuncks wrote:
My thoughts exactly. I would be beyond pissed if my dad jeopardized my relationship with my team like that.
Me too. I'm glad Ken made a quick statement and addressed the issue rather than just brushing it under the rug. I can only imagine how that phone conversation went between him and his dad.
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
8/20/2015 7:24am
Well he really didn't deny anything his dad said. Go for him to reply so quickly.

I want to hear from RC now.
Gringoe
8/20/2015 7:25am
Moto75 wrote:
You wanna know one difference between heiko and tony that will never change?

Heikos kid actually has the titles to back it up Cool

Comparing him to tony is insulting
Lea73
8/20/2015 7:28am
Funny.... also RV2 had problems with his father in his MX story....

Fathers should be only fathers not managers...
Starcrossed
8/20/2015 7:28am Edited Date/Time 8/20/2015 7:29am
I'm glad Kenny has come out quickly to set the record straight on this matter. It appears that his dad got a little over aggressive with the negative comments about RCH, maybe this will add a little more fuel to the fire for Kenny and he can use it to have a good race in Indiana. A 1-1 would silence some critics right about now.

Never go full Heiko.
newmann
8/20/2015 7:33am
Meanwhile, back at the Dairy Queen...
kijen
8/20/2015 7:40am
Lea73 wrote:

some may find it hard to do when they (fathers) have done everything for their kid to get them to the pro's. lets see.... pay for most everything, train them, school them, travel with the them, nurture them, support then when they are down or injured, kick them in the butt when needed....if you did that for 12 years till they start their pro program, I could see it would be hard to let go....I guess it would be hard to understand some times when we look on the out side and judge everybody to act how we think they should act....life just aint that easy...IMHO....
Question
8/20/2015 7:41am Edited Date/Time 8/20/2015 7:42am
Moto75 wrote:
Gringoe wrote:
You wanna know one difference between heiko and tony that will never change? Heikos kid actually has the titles to back it up B) Comparing him...

Well it is true but actuallly I do not remember Tony making a 4 pages interview exclusively to bash a team ...

The interviewgate Woohoo

Quite embarassing for Roczen if a back up deal was not on the table ...
steveada
8/20/2015 7:47am
Sounds like his father may have started Oktoberfest a little early. Think about what a team like RCH offers a rider. It is not that hard to find a few good mechanics, a good suspension guy, and a shiny truck. "Factory" parts may provide some small advantage but the reality these days is most of that stuff is available if you have the money. The real difficult job of the team is to round up sponsors that will consistently keep the money flowing and the riders big paycheck coming. So all those guys at RCH that "do nothing" are really the guys that make the team because they bring in the cash and make it possible for KR to get the kind of paycheck he is getting. Motodad needs to stay out of his sons business.
kkawboy14
8/20/2015 8:02am
That's the best thing he could have done!

Now walk into a room with RCH and tell them which parts his dad said are true and which parts he disagrees with!
IceMan446
8/20/2015 8:04am
I wonder if RC and Carey said you need to do an interview to quell the rumors.

Not sure if that is going to help as the damage is already done.

And it still doesnt answer the rumors of him going to the red bike.
TXDirt
8/20/2015 8:06am
Didn't see this thread so I'm copying my post from another thread about his RacerX interview.

There is obviously some truth in what Ken's dad said or else he wouldn't have said it. Obviously he's not making it up. He may be over exaggerating on some thing (3 seconds a lap faster on stock Suzuki) but for the most part I'm sure his depiction is very accurate and he and his son have probably had numerous conversations over the months on the exact same topics and have had the same conclusions.

I respect Ken's statements in RacerX and he did not dispute anything his Dad really said. Ken was just much more diplomatic about it all and that speaks volumes to Ken's character. He's a pros pro.

This only gets fixed by RC and CH. The racing team itself has a total lack of leadership. I'm sure there are very skilled and qualified guys on staff but from the outside they almost look too comfortable in their jobs. It almost has an Entourage feeling to it. Is the staff on this team putting in the hours needed to make Ken feel comfortable on the bike? Are they hungry in their jobs? I can't say for sure. I assume they are working hard. It just appears from the outside that some of the other teams are working even harder and have true leaders on the staff. Decoster, Larocco, Lamson, etc.

Who's leading the RCH team?

Exactly.
rocrac
8/20/2015 8:07am
Lets not forget this family has suffered through the loss of a loved one, a 10 year old boy that, coupled with injuries and high expectations it's easy to see how frustrations can boil over and things get blown out of proportion.
karsmakers
8/20/2015 8:21am
I'm glad Kenny has come out quickly to set the record straight on this matter. It appears that his dad got a little over aggressive with...
I'm glad Kenny has come out quickly to set the record straight on this matter. It appears that his dad got a little over aggressive with the negative comments about RCH, maybe this will add a little more fuel to the fire for Kenny and he can use it to have a good race in Indiana. A 1-1 would silence some critics right about now.

Never go full Heiko.
"NEVER GO FULL HEIKO".....those words will live in infamy!
Lea73
8/20/2015 8:37am
Lea73 wrote:

kijen wrote:
some may find it hard to do when they (fathers) have done everything for their kid to get them to the pro's. lets see.... pay for...
some may find it hard to do when they (fathers) have done everything for their kid to get them to the pro's. lets see.... pay for most everything, train them, school them, travel with the them, nurture them, support then when they are down or injured, kick them in the butt when needed....if you did that for 12 years till they start their pro program, I could see it would be hard to let go....I guess it would be hard to understand some times when we look on the out side and judge everybody to act how we think they should act....life just aint that easy...IMHO....
Children grow up and became men....

Then your time to manage and tell what is right or wrong is quite over... first of all in professional matters

You can do it..of course..but you came later.
Imho
JB 19
8/20/2015 8:41am
My between the lines radar is pointing to Kenny being gone from RCH. Good damage control buy Ken, but also, as someone else pointed out, a lot of past tense speaking at the end of the interview.

I thought the Honda talk sounded like conspiracy theory stuff......now not so much.

KlootZak
8/20/2015 8:49am
It's strange that there were never "father complaints" in the GPs and suddenly when Roczen started racing in U.S.A his father is the next version of Hitler.
agn5009
8/20/2015 8:52am
KlootZak wrote:
It's strange that there were never "father complaints" in the GPs and suddenly when Roczen started racing in U.S.A his father is the next version of...
It's strange that there were never "father complaints" in the GPs and suddenly when Roczen started racing in U.S.A his father is the next version of Hitler.
Don't forget that the GP's weren't nearly as popular or talked about over here when Ken was racing them. We just may not have heard about it.
8/20/2015 9:02am
Uh, no one said anything about Hitler. His dad did the interview and Kenny commented on that. Maybe now that Kenny is 21, this is the natural evolution of a difficult father-son relationship, and he so happens to be in the US at this age. But I am sure it's our fault somehow.

Anyway, if Roczen does leave, he better produce at Honda! You can only burn so many bridges before you're stuck on an island. And Motoconcepts doesn't appear to have room at the moment.
Moto75
8/20/2015 9:06am
Moto75 wrote:
Gringoe wrote:
You wanna know one difference between heiko and tony that will never change? Heikos kid actually has the titles to back it up B) Comparing him...

Question wrote:
Well it is true but actuallly I do not remember Tony making a 4 pages interview exclusively to bash a team ... The interviewgate :woohoo: Quite...
Well it is true but actuallly I do not remember Tony making a 4 pages interview exclusively to bash a team ...

The interviewgate Woohoo

Quite embarassing for Roczen if a back up deal was not on the table ...
You have a short memory... I remember back when Tony was openly begging to get his son on a Factory Bike. He gave an interview when KTM finally gave them a shot & surprisingly I think he stated Mike was 3 seconds a lap faster on his new Factory KTM than the Honda's they had.
8/20/2015 9:24am
Myke wrote:
Well he really didn't deny anything his dad said. Go for him to reply so quickly.

I want to hear from RC now.
You won't hear from RC. The last race he saw was from the announcing booth. I feel like what Kens dad said about RC holds more truth than not.

As far as his dad burning bridges, the only one he may burn is between him and his son.
RG1
8/20/2015 9:29am
agn5009 wrote:
Don't forget that the GP's weren't nearly as popular or talked about over here when Ken was racing them. We just may not have heard about...
Don't forget that the GP's weren't nearly as popular or talked about over here when Ken was racing them. We just may not have heard about it.
You didn't hear about it because it didn't happen. He speaks out when he thinks his kid is not getting what he needs. That's it, if Ken is happy, he's happy
davistld01
8/20/2015 9:33am Edited Date/Time 8/20/2015 9:35am
Mike Larocco was one of the first pro racers to see how having his Dad around was a detriment to his career...so he lovingly barred Mr. Larocco from the pits. Best thing he ever did. Only difference here is...Mikes Dad didn't sit back and run his mouth on his son's behalf. He let Mike be his own man...goor or bad.

I'm glad Kenny is speaking up...but I'm afraid a lot of damage has already been done!
RandyS
8/20/2015 9:36am Edited Date/Time 8/20/2015 9:37am
I'm not positive on what lead times are on magazines in 2015, it used to be about a month from blueline to a subscriber receiving the issue I believe. But I would say odds are good that the interview was done either while he was still here or right after he got back. Since he supposedly went back due to a very tragic family occurrence I'd bet on the interview happening from the USA. I highly doubt a loving father did something that would so impact his sons future without his knowledge. Perhaps things have gotten better in the last month but I doubt Kenny was unaware until yesterday.

Post a reply to: Roczen Speaks- Racer x

The Latest