Roczen Plans to return at Outdoors Opener

Tad450
2/26/2018 1:01pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2018 1:02pm
http://racerxonline.com/2018/02/26/ken-roczen-plans-to-return-for-lucas…

While appearing on Race Day Live on Saturday, Honda HRC’s Ken Roczen confirmed that he will miss the remainder of Monster Energy AMA Supercross due to a hand injury sustained at San Diego. Roczen said he plans to return for the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross opener at Hangtown on May 19.

“I can guarantee you I really want to be out there, we were starting on the up climb, everything was going pretty well, it was just unfortunate,” he said. “I have to force myself to let that go. I have to focus on outdoors… it’s going to be eight weeks until the pins come out.”

Roczen underwent successful surgery on February 16 at the Steadman Clinic in Vail, Colorado, and the initial prognosis was that he would be out six to eight weeks, according to the team.

He said on Race Day Live he has a checkup scheduled for this Tuesday, where they hope to find out more.

Roczen’s Honda HRC teammate Cole Seely was injured in his heat race on Saturday and sustained fractures to his sacrum and the left and right sides of his pelvis. The team released the following update today:

“He underwent an initial procedure Saturday evening to realign the pelvis. On Sunday, a more extensive operation was performed to repair substantial damage to his abdominal wall, fixate the pelvis with a large plate and screws, and insert a screw on each side of the sacrum.”
|
zehn
2/26/2018 1:09pm
Bummer for both. Seeley's crash was brutal.
kkawboy14
2/26/2018 1:10pm
Seeley got jacked up. It would seem he probably couldn’t get up/couldn’t stand up based on what got jacked up.
TDeath21
2/26/2018 1:16pm
That’s what I figured.
mx196
Fantasy
3991st
2/26/2018 1:25pm
Counting from the week of his injury that leaves a little under two months to get ready for Hangtown after the pins come out.

The Shop

davistld01
2/26/2018 2:51pm
"Unfortunate"? Roczen makes it sound like it was just a minor miscalulation. Fact is, he let his emotions rule and made a HUGE rookie mistake that cost him lots & lots of potential bonus dollars. Frankly, I don't see him being impressive in the outdoors with only the time he has to rehab.
Ryno23
Fantasy
779th
2/26/2018 3:02pm
davistld01 wrote:
"Unfortunate"? Roczen makes it sound like it was just a minor miscalulation. Fact is, he let his emotions rule and made a HUGE rookie mistake that...
"Unfortunate"? Roczen makes it sound like it was just a minor miscalulation. Fact is, he let his emotions rule and made a HUGE rookie mistake that cost him lots & lots of potential bonus dollars. Frankly, I don't see him being impressive in the outdoors with only the time he has to rehab.
Have you always been this big of a tool??? Oh wait... yes, you have.
Hcallz5
2/26/2018 3:07pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2018 3:08pm
Yeah he was most definitely the cause of his own sidelining in this case. Hopefully he can comeback ready for outdoors.
ProKawi24
2/26/2018 3:29pm
Yeah have to say I agree with davistld01 here also. Roczen didn't make a dirty move but he was definitely fired up and emotional in that pass attempt. If he didn't lose control that would of been one hell of a beautiful pass though. I've gotten very emotional during races when someone wants to play rough or especially goddamn lappers.
Tuna
2/26/2018 4:05pm
davistld01 wrote:
"Unfortunate"? Roczen makes it sound like it was just a minor miscalulation. Fact is, he let his emotions rule and made a HUGE rookie mistake that...
Ryno23 wrote:
The truth hurts to some of you nut huggers.
ATKpilot99
2/26/2018 4:08pm
I hope he can make it . Tomac , Anderson , Roczen, Musquin, Osborne, Baggett ,Webb if he can find some more speed . Looks a lot better than last season.
BMSOBx2
2/26/2018 4:08pm
He should have waited for the outdoor season in the first place in my opinion. If you go back and watch closely to the start of the Supercross season obviously the strength is not there in the arm. He could barely high five Anderson after he got beat on the last lap and then his arm hung at his side. At least Outdoors he won't have to deal with whoop sections and sketchy quads. amazing that he's out there trying to do it but I cringed watching him during the SX season knowing that one crash on the left side would put him out of the game forever. Get well Ken, and take care.
yak651
Fantasy
168th
2/26/2018 4:57pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
He should have waited for the outdoor season in the first place in my opinion. If you go back and watch closely to the start of...
He should have waited for the outdoor season in the first place in my opinion. If you go back and watch closely to the start of the Supercross season obviously the strength is not there in the arm. He could barely high five Anderson after he got beat on the last lap and then his arm hung at his side. At least Outdoors he won't have to deal with whoop sections and sketchy quads. amazing that he's out there trying to do it but I cringed watching him during the SX season knowing that one crash on the left side would put him out of the game forever. Get well Ken, and take care.
Yeah won't have to deal with SX whoops but will have to deal with braking bumps, acceleration bumps, etc for 30 + 2, think a flow in SX would be easier than outdoors, but could be wrong.
Oldstyle
Fantasy
630th
2/26/2018 5:06pm
davistld01 wrote:
Ryno23 wrote:
Tuna wrote:
The truth hurts to some of you nut huggers.
I like Roczen, just like I am a fan of Conor mcgregor. But Holy S$&@ their fans can be annoying as hell sometimes
BMSOBx2
2/26/2018 6:45pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
He should have waited for the outdoor season in the first place in my opinion. If you go back and watch closely to the start of...
yak651 wrote:
Yeah won't have to deal with SX whoops but will have to deal with braking bumps, acceleration bumps, etc for 30 + 2, think a flow...
Yeah won't have to deal with SX whoops but will have to deal with braking bumps, acceleration bumps, etc for 30 + 2, think a flow in SX would be easier than outdoors, but could be wrong.
I hear you. Outdoors won't be a cakewalk either but I still think it's a tad easier than the constant pounding of Super Cross.
colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
2/26/2018 10:50pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
I agree he should've waited for the outdoors but then again we don't know him or his doctors. Also I'd disagree that the outdoors would be easier. He'd just be in better shape by then.

Post a reply to: Roczen Plans to return at Outdoors Opener

The Latest