Roczen Observation

hartebreak
Fantasy
241st
5/31/2020 2:29pm Edited Date/Time 6/7/2020 6:11am
I have been noticing it a lot this year and just saw it again. Kenny doesn't use his right hand much at all. Just noticed again him fumbling with his helmet strap only using his left hand. I wonder if the injury has messed up that hand to the point where he cant even use it for doing anything that involves dexterity. Anyone else notice the same thing this year? I guess lucky for him, all that hand has to do is twist the grip.
|
Shaned9326
5/31/2020 2:56pm
Been saying that all year!!
5/31/2020 3:01pm
I use my left hand for other things too like... you know what doesn't matter what I use it for, I'm alone and nobody else is around so I'll do what I want with it.

The Shop

beamer
5/31/2020 3:03pm
His left arm was the injured one, so.................
mauidex
Definitely acid flashbacks of Anaheim in that tuff block save last laps!!!
Shaned9326
EVery since last year he has had serious issues getting around webb and sometimes think it’s mental as he should of been able to run wick it up and get around hem IMO!!
kkawboy14
5/31/2020 3:04pm
beamer wrote:
His left arm was the injured one, so.................
....I think all his hands were injured....

Mad props for just being able to ride a bike now!
KirkChandler
Fantasy
425th
5/31/2020 3:24pm
He’s also left handed. So that could be why his left hand is the one he uses more.

BobbyM
5/31/2020 3:43pm
hartebreak wrote:
I have been noticing it a lot this year and just saw it again. Kenny doesn't use his right hand much at all. Just noticed again...
I have been noticing it a lot this year and just saw it again. Kenny doesn't use his right hand much at all. Just noticed again him fumbling with his helmet strap only using his left hand. I wonder if the injury has messed up that hand to the point where he cant even use it for doing anything that involves dexterity. Anyone else notice the same thing this year? I guess lucky for him, all that hand has to do is twist the grip.
No shit? I wonder what happened to him.....
gregyou
5/31/2020 4:04pm
Shaned9326 wrote:
EVery since last year he has had serious issues getting around webb and sometimes think it’s mental as he should of been able to run wick...
EVery since last year he has had serious issues getting around webb and sometimes think it’s mental as he should of been able to run wick it up and get around hem IMO!!
Webb is no slouch and he was fast today
Shaned9326
5/31/2020 4:26pm
Shaned9326 wrote:
EVery since last year he has had serious issues getting around webb and sometimes think it’s mental as he should of been able to run wick...
gregyou wrote:
When Kenny gets ahead of him early on he gaps hem but when he’s behind him he gets stuck period!!
gregyou
5/31/2020 4:38pm
Shaned9326 wrote:
gregyou wrote:
Shaned9326 wrote:
When Kenny gets ahead of him early on he gaps hem but when he’s behind him he gets stuck period!!
Webb has caught Kenny and passed him plenty
MX304
Fantasy
3678th
5/31/2020 5:26pm
I think Kenny has a bit harder time with Webb than some others because their lines are so similar. When he has to go off his usual line to pass he just can't quite make it stick.
Rupert X
5/31/2020 6:22pm
The thing I noticed - was that in the post-race interviews, Eli seemed to not be out of breath. Both Kenny and Cooper seemed to be breathing hard.
kpiper
5/31/2020 7:58pm
Rupert X wrote:
The thing I noticed - was that in the post-race interviews, Eli seemed to not be out of breath. Both Kenny and Cooper seemed to be...
The thing I noticed - was that in the post-race interviews, Eli seemed to not be out of breath. Both Kenny and Cooper seemed to be breathing hard.
I thought Eli was breathing harder than I normally remember right after a race.
FGR01
Fantasy
1384th
5/31/2020 8:07pm
Rupert X wrote:
The thing I noticed - was that in the post-race interviews, Eli seemed to not be out of breath. Both Kenny and Cooper seemed to be...
kpiper wrote:
I thought Eli was breathing harder than I normally remember right after a race.
Because they were literally interviewing him 15 seconds after he crossed the line and his HR was still 160+. During normal times they cut to commercial and have the handlers give him water, hats, a moist towel, and do some seflies.
Ted722
5/31/2020 8:12pm
Also, probably 30 minutes less downtime for the 450 riders with the changed up 250 Heats/LCQ first hour schedule.
Thor34103
6/1/2020 3:03am
Rupert X wrote:
It seemed like McElrath was gasping for air in his interview.
6/1/2020 5:03am
Kenny’s chance was when the both got past Eli and was hot on Webb’s back wheel. When Eli got back past him...i was worried. I agree....Kenny has more probs mentally passing Webb than Eli....same prob he has with Barcia. I really hope he pulls some holeshots in the next couple races and runs away....Eli looks amazing.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
179th
6/1/2020 5:35am
Iv notice this year he wont pass weeb
He won't pass anyone if it requires a little bit of risk or aggressive racing. That to me seems to be his main problem right now. If he gets a start he can run away (unless Tomac has a good day and runs him down). If he doesn't he gets stuck behind other riders and accepts their rhythm.
CPR
6/1/2020 5:47am
Roczen said he kept his normal sea level engine spec for the race and it was lacking a bit of power.
I noticed he regularly wasn’t cleanly clearing some of the rhythms.

Hard to believe Factory Honda didn’t do any elevation testing?!
Tumic
6/1/2020 5:53am
CPR wrote:
Roczen said he kept his normal sea level engine spec for the race and it was lacking a bit of power. I noticed he regularly wasn’t...
Roczen said he kept his normal sea level engine spec for the race and it was lacking a bit of power.

They were on flying horse ranch.

The main thing for me was that Ken seems to lack some front end feeling, always going for the ruts or berms.

Both webb and eli made passes in the 90 degree bend after crossing the start line, never saw ken doing a attempt on that other when he passed Eli in the 180 turn before the whops.
sdmx
Fantasy
1075th
6/1/2020 7:31am
Rupert X wrote:
Thor34103 wrote:
It seemed like McElrath was gasping for air in his interview.
Most of them were gasping during the interviews.
6/1/2020 11:52am
Wow, I can't believe no one mentioned that Kenny is very lucky to have finished that race at all, and even more important to leave that race healthy. I didn't get to see the race due to the rioting here, but I just watched the highlights and saw Kenny's potential season ending mistake @ 11:50

https://www.vitalmx.com/videos/member/2020-Salt-Lake-City-1-Supercross-…

What this highlight reel didn't show is when Webb and Roczen got around Tomac. Did Tomac make a mistake which allowed them both to get by?
6/1/2020 7:57pm
Wow, I can't believe no one mentioned that Kenny is very lucky to have finished that race at all, and even more important to leave that...
Wow, I can't believe no one mentioned that Kenny is very lucky to have finished that race at all, and even more important to leave that race healthy. I didn't get to see the race due to the rioting here, but I just watched the highlights and saw Kenny's potential season ending mistake @ 11:50

What this highlight reel didn't show is when Webb and Roczen got around Tomac. Did Tomac make a mistake which allowed them both to get by?
Yep, he messed up a rhythm section if I remember correct
kpiper
6/1/2020 8:30pm
Wow, I can't believe no one mentioned that Kenny is very lucky to have finished that race at all, and even more important to leave that...

Bingslayer wrote:
Yep, he messed up a rhythm section if I remember correct
Seemed like Eli messed up that section because he was dealing with trying to get around Brayton?
kpiper
6/1/2020 8:33pm
CPR wrote:
Roczen said he kept his normal sea level engine spec for the race and it was lacking a bit of power. I noticed he regularly wasn’t...

Kenny always comes up with an excuse. Not bashing him but he just does. Maybe it works for him mentally though as he always seems to come back stronger the next race. So if it works, do it.

I think he just got tired...they all did. Tomac is an animal with conditioning. Not everyone can be like that. In the genes right?
6/1/2020 8:44pm
kpiper wrote:
Kenny always comes up with an excuse. Not bashing him but he just does. Maybe it works for him mentally though as he always seems to...
Kenny always comes up with an excuse. Not bashing him but he just does. Maybe it works for him mentally though as he always seems to come back stronger the next race. So if it works, do it.

I think he just got tired...they all did. Tomac is an animal with conditioning. Not everyone can be like that. In the genes right?
Weird that a guy who always has an excuse (how long was it the setup) is best buds with AC, who is the first to take responsibility for his blunders.

Post a reply to: Roczen Observation

The Latest