Roczen FMOTP

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/14/2019 11:33am
The Fastest Man On The Planet isn't decided on one day.
davistld01
8/14/2019 11:39am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2019 11:40am
Look...to really be the FMOTP, they have to consistantly be the FMOTP. If they're not...they're just the FMOTMinute. Everybody says KR or Eli, or even Herlings is the FMOTP...when they're "on", when they're "feeling it" or when the freaking planets line up and they get a start, etc.

When practically every other racer they compete with says nobody rides as fast as they do...all the time, then they are legitimately the FMOTP.

8/14/2019 2:30pm
davistld01 wrote:
Look...to really be the FMOTP, they have to [b]consistantly be the FMOTP.[/b] If they're not...they're just the FMOTMinute. Everybody says KR or Eli, or even Herlings...
Look...to really be the FMOTP, they have to consistantly be the FMOTP. If they're not...they're just the FMOTMinute. Everybody says KR or Eli, or even Herlings is the FMOTP...when they're "on", when they're "feeling it" or when the freaking planets line up and they get a start, etc.

When practically every other racer they compete with says nobody rides as fast as they do...all the time, then they are legitimately the FMOTP.

I would say Herlings is 99% „on“,so is he the fmotp?WinkLaughing
zehn
8/14/2019 2:44pm
davistld01 wrote:
Look...to really be the FMOTP, they have to [b]consistantly be the FMOTP.[/b] If they're not...they're just the FMOTMinute. Everybody says KR or Eli, or even Herlings...

Bonanza69 wrote:
I would say Herlings is 99% „on“,so is he the fmotp?WinkLaughing
99% on the couch maybe

The Shop

MXMattii
8/14/2019 4:06pm
GuyB wrote:
Once there was a time, such things got decided on one day... Or that is what the thought.
Ricky Carmichael beating Stefan Everts in Zolder to become the FMOTP
Stefan Everts beating James Stewart in his last race before retirement in Matterley Basin, making him the FMOTP.

But now these days are over I guess. FMOTAC would be a better name; Fastest Motocross rider of the American Continent Whistling

Trolling and jokes aside. Guys like Ken Roczen, Eli Tomac but also Cooper Webb, Marvin Musquin, Jason Anderson and even Blake Baggett are damn SFM'ers (Super Fast Motocrossers) when they are clicking!! Remember Jason Anderson in Maggiora beating Jeffrey Herlings at the MXON?! Same can be said about Tim Gajser, Jeffrey Herlings, Antonio Cairoli and dudes like Max Anstie, Gautier Paulin, Romain Febvre, Clément Desalle, Arnaud Tonus,...

That is why it is pity that there aren't any Trans AM races anymore, just imagine the MEC purse going into a three race event. One year two in America - one in Europe the other year Two in Europe one in America. On the best tracks with the best riders on their own bikes fighting for big bucks.
toroP
8/14/2019 7:54pm
GuyB wrote:
It isn’t decided, ever. There’s no such stat.
FMOTHP is tossed around constantly for that very reason. All opinion. Pointless.
No one is arguing who the 2019 SX champ is, or who won Unadilla.
Ranman68
8/14/2019 11:11pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2019 11:13pm
GuyB wrote:
The FMOTP on a given track on a given day can be determined, but only if the best of the best from all all continents are in that race. It's very rare for the stars to align enough for even that to be determined. Even then, variables always play a role that is impossible to measure...so on a given day on a given track....Coldenhoff can and DID whoop everybody's ass from everywhere. Yep. Now what?
The only thing that can be proven beyond one race (which still might be determined by good or bad luck) is who is the fastest overall, in a given year, and on the tracks of a given series. That's all that can be proven. To argue hypotheticals is for morons.
Today, the two "fastest men on the planet" in outdoor MX are
Tim Gajser and Eli Tomac. Thats it. Nothing else.

Press516
Fantasy
126th
8/15/2019 7:38am
Ranman68 wrote:
The FMOTP on a given track on a given day can be determined, but only if the best of the best from all all continents are...
The FMOTP on a given track on a given day can be determined, but only if the best of the best from all all continents are in that race. It's very rare for the stars to align enough for even that to be determined. Even then, variables always play a role that is impossible to measure...so on a given day on a given track....Coldenhoff can and DID whoop everybody's ass from everywhere. Yep. Now what?
The only thing that can be proven beyond one race (which still might be determined by good or bad luck) is who is the fastest overall, in a given year, and on the tracks of a given series. That's all that can be proven. To argue hypotheticals is for morons.

I agree, but you are completely ignoring what makes us fanatics... You know, fans of our favorite riders, etc. Wink
Ranman68
8/15/2019 12:56pm
Ranman68 wrote:
The FMOTP on a given track on a given day can be determined, but only if the best of the best from all all continents are...

Press516 wrote:
I agree, but you are completely ignoring what makes us fanatics... You know, fans of our favorite riders, etc. Wink
Ha ha! Yes you are right. 100 percent. I'll man up right here by admitting I often fail to live by the logic that I type.
How's Arizona? Nice and hot i bet. I regularly spend time right there near Gilbert. Those Arizona winters are surreal. I once raced at Canyon Raceway (or that's what I think they called it) on a DG'd out YZ80 in 1980 against some heavy hitters that went on to become big names. There were some fast dudes around there back in the day. I'm sure there still is. Is that track still there? I can look it up, but I was just curious and thought I'd ask.
Press516
Fantasy
126th
8/15/2019 1:33pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2019 1:36pm
Ranman68 wrote:

Press516 wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
Ha ha! Yes you are right. 100 percent. I'll man up right here by admitting I often fail to live by the logic that I type...
Ha ha! Yes you are right. 100 percent. I'll man up right here by admitting I often fail to live by the logic that I type.
How's Arizona? Nice and hot i bet. I regularly spend time right there near Gilbert. Those Arizona winters are surreal. I once raced at Canyon Raceway (or that's what I think they called it) on a DG'd out YZ80 in 1980 against some heavy hitters that went on to become big names. There were some fast dudes around there back in the day. I'm sure there still is. Is that track still there? I can look it up, but I was just curious and thought I'd ask.
Hot as hell... I just posted this up in another forum, my other passion (Jeeps).

Yes, Canyon is still there. Only a few races a year though. Unfortunately, moto in AZ is dead...

Speaking of 1980 at Canyon... 125 pro class chasing the Dircks Bros.

Post a reply to: Roczen FMOTP

The Latest