Roczen

Zycki11
6/12/2022 8:57am
Shaned9326 wrote:
Kenny. Better be glad it was ELI BEHIND HIM AND NOT Anderson as 21 would have moved him out of the way period!!
Kenny wasn’t worried about Anderson who was a ways back lol. Not even a threat
brocster
6/12/2022 9:04am
gt80rider wrote:
Kenny proved a lot today... he proved he is still a beast... and still an elite level rider... super impressive..!
TeamGreen wrote:
Whoa! What the Hell... Is it just me...or...is [i]gt80rider [/i]sharing the STOKE?! Ya see that? All the other crazy-talk, accusations, politics and arguing aside... Kenny hammering...
Whoa! What the Hell...

Is it just me...or...is gt80rider sharing the STOKE?!

Ya see that? All the other crazy-talk, accusations, politics and arguing aside...

Kenny hammering it out to the very end created a MIRACLE!

gt80 is STOKED! Grinning

ps-dude, I'm just messin' with ya.
Nice one Manny! I actually lol’d

I too was stoked on the effortless looking fight Kenny put up. Was good to see him push to the end and not back down. Hopefully this puts a little more fuel in his fire

All the other crap in this thread…jeez!
onefiveight
6/12/2022 9:09am
Always good to see Ken get a win. Even better to see these guys trading moto wins and overalls.

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/12/2022 9:45am
Zycki11 wrote:
I always pay attention to bike setup and the difference between Sexton, Roczen, and Tomac is remarkable. Kenny runs a softer setup with much more rebound...
I always pay attention to bike setup and the difference between Sexton, Roczen, and Tomac is remarkable. Kenny runs a softer setup with much more rebound simile to MXGP. Looking back to before the major injuries he didn’t run it as soft. Just find it interesting.

ML512 I know riders keep things close to the vest on setup. I wonder if you could do a segment on things they are after with setups? Would be cool to learn more about the riders preferences etc.
If you check out my interview with Sexton from last weekend we chat about some of this. He mentions that Ken runs his rear way, way stiffer and at a higher ride height than what works himself.
NeedMoto
6/12/2022 10:05am
Zycki11 wrote:
I always pay attention to bike setup and the difference between Sexton, Roczen, and Tomac is remarkable. Kenny runs a softer setup with much more rebound...
I always pay attention to bike setup and the difference between Sexton, Roczen, and Tomac is remarkable. Kenny runs a softer setup with much more rebound simile to MXGP. Looking back to before the major injuries he didn’t run it as soft. Just find it interesting.

ML512 I know riders keep things close to the vest on setup. I wonder if you could do a segment on things they are after with setups? Would be cool to learn more about the riders preferences etc.
ML512 wrote:
If you check out my interview with Sexton from last weekend we chat about some of this. He mentions that Ken runs his rear way, way...
If you check out my interview with Sexton from last weekend we chat about some of this. He mentions that Ken runs his rear way, way stiffer and at a higher ride height than what works himself.
That interview last week with Sexton about set up, was one of my favorites to watch, job well done...

All the interviews have been great, that one was a tad special!
VetRider97
6/12/2022 12:14pm
Kenny has to feel some redemption, he has been caught an passed in late stages by Eli too many times. Had to feel pretty dam good. Great racing so far.
Phil109
6/12/2022 12:20pm
It’s almost like Kenny watched the bubbas world podcast from last week. Can’t wait for this weeks show lol
plowboy
6/12/2022 12:30pm
JM485 wrote:
I hadn't been that excited during a race for a long time, I don't know when the last time was that we saw someone successfully hold...
I hadn't been that excited during a race for a long time, I don't know when the last time was that we saw someone successfully hold of an ET late race charge and show that much determination. Kenny fan all the way here, and it was awesome to see the love he got from the crowd on the podium even though he beat the local hero.
The crowd was loud for both of them. Greatness can be measured by the strength of your foes. Kenny got the best of Eli...this time. I think folks appreciated what it took to do that against "The Beast".
Shaned9326
6/12/2022 12:40pm
JM485 wrote:
I hadn't been that excited during a race for a long time, I don't know when the last time was that we saw someone successfully hold...
I hadn't been that excited during a race for a long time, I don't know when the last time was that we saw someone successfully hold of an ET late race charge and show that much determination. Kenny fan all the way here, and it was awesome to see the love he got from the crowd on the podium even though he beat the local hero.
plowboy wrote:
The crowd was loud for both of them. Greatness can be measured by the strength of your foes. Kenny got the best of Eli...this time. I...
The crowd was loud for both of them. Greatness can be measured by the strength of your foes. Kenny got the best of Eli...this time. I think folks appreciated what it took to do that against "The Beast".
Kenny rode great but Tomac had no rear brake the last few laps either!! That was why he dropped back as well and nothing to do with giving in!! Not in his DNA!!
plowboy
6/12/2022 12:48pm
Shaned9326 wrote:
Kenny rode great but Tomac had no rear brake the last few laps either!! That was why he dropped back as well and nothing to do...
Kenny rode great but Tomac had no rear brake the last few laps either!! That was why he dropped back as well and nothing to do with giving in!! Not in his DNA!!
I'm surprised anyone's bike made it. That track was brutal. There were a lot of lines but mostly only one fast one. If they stepped out for a pass...it was dicey for sure.
JM485
6/12/2022 1:01pm
Shaned9326 wrote:
Kenny rode great but Tomac had no rear brake the last few laps either!! That was why he dropped back as well and nothing to do...
Well, that would mean Tomac cooked his rear brake trying to pass Kenny and just couldn’t make it happen in the end. That doesn’t take anything away from Ken’s ride.
plowboy
6/12/2022 1:08pm
Sorry to hijack but here's a sample of what the ruts looked like. And Alex all casual n stuff. I think the president called him. Appearantly, Ando's bike is so strong it takes 3 random dudes to hold it downWhistling

bichwolf
6/12/2022 2:56pm
Pretty awesome outdoor season already! Starting to shake out where everyone is unless someone ? gets healthier and faster each round.
kpiper
6/12/2022 3:40pm
Must hurt you that USA has so many Chamberlain trophies
Yeah were you apart of those trophies ?

Stop living through others success.
mxb2 wrote:
So its not okay to have favorites? I guess you dont root for anybody. . Interesting.
Rooting for the 'home team' is a tradition as long as there have been sporting events. Geez people.
plowboy
6/12/2022 3:52pm Edited Date/Time 6/12/2022 4:01pm
kpiper wrote:
Rooting for the 'home team' is a tradition as long as there have been sporting events. Geez people.
Honestly, we root for the home team at the MXoN. That's what it's about. At the Nationals we root for "our" guy or the gnarliest fastest guy on the track. Moto has always been unique in welcoming and adoring fast mofo's...no matter where they're from.

If you haven't been around long enough to remember the history of American moto or you're a knucklehead..."I pity the fool".Blush

I was at Farleigh Castle when Brad was the 1st American to win a 500cc GP. I saw no hate. "Finally, the Yanks are here...now it's a game". I was wearing a white T-shirt with an American flag across the chest. I was forced to drink WAY too much brilliant British ale...that I didn't spend a ha'penny on. It was like..."welcome to the big times moto brethren".

I still feel that way today. Bring all comers...it only makes it better.
kpiper
6/12/2022 4:03pm
kpiper wrote:
plowboy wrote:
Honestly, we root for the home team at the MXoN. That's what it's about. At the Nationals we root for "our" guy or the gnarliest fastest...
Honestly, we root for the home team at the MXoN. That's what it's about. At the Nationals we root for "our" guy or the gnarliest fastest guy on the track. Moto has always been unique in welcoming and adoring fast mofo's...no matter where they're from.

If you haven't been around long enough to remember the history of American moto or you're a knucklehead..."I pity the fool".Blush

I was at Farleigh Castle when Brad was the 1st American to win a 500cc GP. I saw no hate. "Finally, the Yanks are here...now it's a game". I was wearing a white T-shirt with an American flag across the chest. I was forced to drink WAY too much brilliant British ale...that I didn't spend a ha'penny on. It was like..."welcome to the big times moto brethren".

I still feel that way today. Bring all comers...it only makes it better.
Did Hannah like DeCoster back in the 1970's? Were the vast majority of the fans rooting for Hannah to beat him and for any American to beat the Europeans at Carlsbad?

None of that meant we didn't 'welcome' the Europeans here. We just wanted to beat them on our home soil (or anywhere else for that matter).

I am of the mindset that I love having those guys here racing and welcome them but at the same time, I want Eli or Cooper, etc, to beat them. Nothing wrong with that either.

plowboy
6/12/2022 4:08pm
kpiper wrote:
Did Hannah like DeCoster back in the 1970's? Were the vast majority of the fans rooting for Hannah to beat him and for any American to...
Did Hannah like DeCoster back in the 1970's? Were the vast majority of the fans rooting for Hannah to beat him and for any American to beat the Europeans at Carlsbad?

None of that meant we didn't 'welcome' the Europeans here. We just wanted to beat them on our home soil (or anywhere else for that matter).

I am of the mindset that I love having those guys here racing and welcome them but at the same time, I want Eli or Cooper, etc, to beat them. Nothing wrong with that either.

Hannah didn't like anyone...at least publically. I never rooted for him cause I was a nut hugging Marty fan. I don't know of any rider in history I disliked...no matter what the nationality.
TeamGreen
6/12/2022 4:13pm
Phil109 wrote:
It’s almost like Kenny watched the bubbas world podcast from last week. Can’t wait for this weeks show lol
Kenny listening to James’s podcast…

“Oh, he just doesn’t know!”
“But, ya know? He’s James Bubba Stewart; so, well…he does know. Shit. He’s right!”

Fast-fwd to the 2nd Moto, yesterday…

“Hey, Eli? I’ve got a new riding coach: we ain’t ‘playing’ any more!”
plowboy
6/12/2022 4:14pm
Support whichever rider you want...that's a fans job. Wanting anyone but a foreign rider to win is a boundary that moto won't abide. (The MXoN is exempt).
mx313
6/12/2022 4:17pm
TXDirt wrote:
These guys absolutely know what they need to do. He didn’t need to get by Kenny for the overall. He knew that. That’s why he backed...
These guys absolutely know what they need to do. He didn’t need to get by Kenny for the overall. He knew that. That’s why he backed it down. He wasn’t going to catch Sexton to go 1-1.

Because it was his home track he put up a good fight to try and get Kenny. He knew either way he had the overall.

After he couldn’t make the pass stick on Kenny he settled back because he did have the overall locked up either way at his home track.

Also possible his last outdoor race at Lakewood in his career. Great to go out in the top of the box at your hometown race.

And then Sexton laid it down and changed everything. Of course Eli didn’t know Sexton crashed. It happened with like only a few corners to go.

Nothing Eli could do at that point. He was too far back. He laid it up too much at the end.
matze wrote:
why would eli lie about that lol. its no big deal either
At 6:35
https://youtu.be/xPYKg2QAr3A
TXDirt wrote:
I didn’t say he was lying. He’s just not being forthcoming is all. He’s been racing a very long time. He knows 1-3 beats a 2-2...
I didn’t say he was lying. He’s just not being forthcoming is all. He’s been racing a very long time. He knows 1-3 beats a 2-2 at the Pro level.

I don’t care what he says on the matter. He messed up and laid up too early at his home track and it cost him the overall. Do you really expect him to come out and admit that? No.

He screwed up. He knows it. What he says at the presser is irrelevant.

These guys all know what they need to do. This wasn’t a complex finishing position that required extra thinking.

He had it locked up so he backed it down. And he did have it locked up until the very end.

I can’t say I really blame him. It was unlikely at that point Kenny was going to get the win he needed for the overall.

And then Sexton crashed changing everything.
Maybe they had the finishing orders from moto 1 in there head wrong. I did. I thought chase was going to win with a 3-1 over tomacs 1-3 and over Kenny 2-2 so eli needed a position to win. But chase was 4-1 so tomac had the overall.
plowboy
6/12/2022 4:17pm
Phil109 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Kenny listening to James’s podcast… “Oh, he just doesn’t know!” “But, ya know? He’s James Bubba Stewart; so, well…he does know. Shit. He’s right!” Fast-fwd to...

“But, ya know? He’s James Bubba Stewart; so, well…he does know. Shit. He’s right!”

Kenny found some really good lines. Eli saw them but the only way past K-roc was to pull out into the cobblies. He tried it...wasn't gonna work.
mxb2
6/12/2022 5:08pm
Yeah were you apart of those trophies ?

Stop living through others success.
mxb2 wrote:
So its not okay to have favorites? I guess you dont root for anybody. . Interesting.
kpiper wrote:
Exactly. .
Zycki11
6/12/2022 5:59pm
Wasn’t a large fan of the track changes for racing. I completely understand the reasoning behind it though and agree with slowing the track down to make it a little safer and longer lap times.
HuskyEd
6/12/2022 7:55pm Edited Date/Time 6/12/2022 7:56pm
plowboy wrote:
Support whichever rider you want...that's a fans job. Wanting anyone but a foreign rider to win is a boundary that moto won't abide. (The MXoN is...
Support whichever rider you want...that's a fans job. Wanting anyone but a foreign rider to win is a boundary that moto won't abide. (The MXoN is exempt).
Fuckin'A plowboy!!

OC Scottie had to be lovin' every minute of Kenny's win yesterday!
FlaNard
6/12/2022 8:57pm Edited Date/Time 6/12/2022 8:59pm
plowboy wrote:
Support whichever rider you want...that's a fans job. Wanting anyone but a foreign rider to win is a boundary that moto won't abide. (The MXoN is...
I tend to agree. Basically the MXDN and the Olympics are the only time I care where someone is from. I was honestly even torn when RV went to race the GP’s as funny as it sounds now. On the one hand, I wanted RV to win (and fully expected him to) because I’m a fan. On the other, I didn’t mind seeing the GP regulars hold it down and defend their turf.
Phil109
6/12/2022 9:19pm
Phil109 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Kenny listening to James’s podcast… “Oh, he just doesn’t know!” “But, ya know? He’s James Bubba Stewart; so, well…he does know. Shit. He’s right!” Fast-fwd to...

That was def not Kenny from under the table. He fought for that one! Loved it!
bichwolf
6/13/2022 8:15am
Roczen has kids, a wife, a lifestyle he thoroughly enjoys. He surfs and rides dirt bikes... I think he is very self regulated regarding uncorking it. Everything changes when you have a lot going on, right?
kpiper
6/13/2022 9:12am
That was the hardest I think I have ever seen him try. Stewart calling you out will do that I suppose.

On the other hand, riders just seem to do that with Tomac a lot. Anderson, Barcia, and Webb have all given Eli fits at times.
psychotronBR
Fantasy
1281st
6/13/2022 9:46am
THAT is the Ken Roczen we all want to see. Fought tooth and nail all the way through, didn't give Tomac a single inch of the track, i was screaming at my tv when he passed Chase and crossed the finish line!

I can't wait to see Stews reaction to this one Laughing

Post a reply to: Roczen

The Latest