Roczen

Related:
Create New Tag

2/6/2021 8:16 PM

Another win, but more importantly I didn’t think he looked good all day (for Ken) and he pulled off the win. He wasn’t flowing like he had the last couple races or the first race of the year. He admitted that on the podium and as a bonus he held off Webb. IMO this is a huge win. If he wins on his “off” nights this could spell trouble for the pack.

|

2/6/2021 8:36 PM

Roczen finally shook the monkey (Webb) off his back. Also I've noticed any positive Roczen posts always get downvoted, what makes people so pissy when it comes to him?

|

2/6/2021 8:36 PM

Kens a badass, is this a transfer of power from Webb to Ken with him finally being able to hold him off?

|

2/6/2021 8:39 PM

Great ride by Ken.

Ken, the bike, and his mentality have elevated his race craft for 2021

|

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. ~ Samuel Johnson

2/6/2021 8:45 PM

I love how he regained his composure after Barcia hit him hard. He is on another level on the mental side right now. Hope he can keep it going!

|

2/6/2021 8:56 PM

I was beginning to believe it was in Ken’s Contract to always let Coop by, last lap, preferably the last 2 corners.
Tonight was a bit of a new leaf for Ken (regarding Webb late charges)
Bummed for Barcia and Tomac.

|

2/6/2021 9:00 PM

I’ve got some orville reddenbacher in the microwave now. Should be ready in time before the webby boys to show up.

|

2/6/2021 9:02 PM

Cooper Webb is gonna have to pay off some more lappers to beat Ken. Dude has no answer lol

|

Gone:
2006 CRF230F
2008 KTM 200 XC
2017 KTM 250 SX
2019 CRF250R
Current: 2021 YZ250F

2/6/2021 9:07 PM

Leeham wrote:

Cooper Webb is gonna have to pay off some more lappers to beat Ken. Dude has no answer lol

Yea ken should be 4 straight without deano and cooper winless going into the 7th round.

|

2/6/2021 9:17 PM

I'm glad Ken learned to not just take the inside line, but to hug the absolute inside of the final corner

|

James = #7. Malcolm = #27
7/27=0.259259259259259259259
Stewart return confirmed!

2/6/2021 9:31 PM

Derpin' DJ wrote:

I'm glad Ken learned to not just take the inside line, but to hug the absolute inside of the final corner

Yup it cost him lap time but at least the corner was protected smile

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

2/6/2021 9:53 PM

Kenny 2021 champion.

|

2/6/2021 10:11 PM

Ken has bounced back from Dean Wilson probably costing him the win with 3 straight wins. He has been nearly flawless since and every mistake he has made he bounces back from quickly.

Love seeing him ride so consistently well. I was so nervous for him today thinking Webb would somehow find a way to snatch another win. But Roczen probably needed that finish just to help what might have been his only real mental weakness.

Webb however is still lurking around in the points. The guy is so damn good at being a quiet achiever. He's not the fastest guy out there. But I swear he's the craftiest racer.

|

2/6/2021 10:23 PM

Win or lose, I just wanna see Kenny stay safe! Dam he looks good out there this year.

|

2/7/2021 12:22 AM

Regardless of what happens in SX (except an injury), I honestly can't see anyone touching him in the outdoors if he keeps this up.

|

James = #7. Malcolm = #27
7/27=0.259259259259259259259
Stewart return confirmed!

2/7/2021 12:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2021 12:25 AM

Derpin' DJ wrote:

Regardless of what happens in SX (except an injury), I honestly can't see anyone touching him in the outdoors if he keeps this up.

Crikey. That's got to be a stretch doesn't it?

He's not lasted through the last few SX seasons. Let's see how he is in 8 rounds time before going predicting another 24 motos eh?

Eli is coming. Title or not. He's almost death and taxes since 2017. As has Kenny fading as a series goes on, and that goes back to 2013.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2/7/2021 1:29 AM

The best Roczen we have ever seen indoors. Lets just hope he stays healthy the whole season long!

|

2/7/2021 4:48 AM

mxlegend99 wrote:

Ken has bounced back from Dean Wilson probably costing him the win with 3 straight wins. He has been nearly flawless since and every mistake he has made he bounces back from quickly.

Love seeing him ride so consistently well. I was so nervous for him today thinking Webb would somehow find a way to snatch another win. But Roczen probably needed that finish just to help what might have been his only real mental weakness.

Webb however is still lurking around in the points. The guy is so damn good at being a quiet achiever. He's not the fastest guy out there. But I swear he's the craftiest racer.

The crafty carolinian

|

2/7/2021 5:12 AM

Derpin' DJ wrote:

Crush wrote:

He's not lasted through the last few SX seasons. Let's see how he is in 8 rounds time before going predicting another 24 motos eh?

Eli is coming. Title or not. He's almost death and taxes since 2017. As has Kenny fading as a series goes on, and that goes back to 2013.

I think Ken rides on confidence, and if he wins this thing, I really do believe he will be a force on the playground.

|

2/7/2021 6:09 AM

Kenny is going to win the title. Hes the only consistently fast guy.

|

2/7/2021 6:19 AM

Derpin' DJ wrote:

Crush wrote:

defeatist45 wrote:

I think Ken rides on confidence, and if he wins this thing, I really do believe he will be a force on the playground.

Maybe...but at this point last year he had gone 6,1,2,1,3,6... that’s not half bad, and easily could have been better with starts.

This year he’s gotten starts and gone 2,5,2,1,1,1...

Point being, it’s not unusual to see him start a series well, as it is to see him fade during it, and that predates his injuries which only exacerbated it. Not hating, just facts.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2/7/2021 8:03 AM

Derpin' DJ wrote:

Crush wrote:

Kenny faded in 12,13 and 14 sure. 2015 he hurt himself at round 4 and to me that was a wash after that. But in the nationals that year he overtook Barcia for second in the nationals at the end of the year and then in 16 he was unusually bad in the beginning of 16 SX but ended the series strong and we all know what he did in the outdoors. Before his injury it certainly looked like he was over his second half of the series fades. Ala the last three championships he was in he finished strong. Post injury is a different story. But pre, he fixed that. Hopefully he does it here again.

|

2/7/2021 8:24 AM

I feel like leading the whole heat and main hurt him a bit. He had some lines that were slower than what the guys behind him were doing but there was no way for him to know that

|

2/7/2021 9:17 AM

Yammyam wrote:

Roczen finally shook the monkey (Webb) off his back. Also I've noticed any positive Roczen posts always get downvoted, what makes people so pissy when it comes to him?

Haters gonna' hate bro.

|

2/7/2021 10:44 AM

cjg23307 wrote:

Kenny 2021 champion.

Would love to see this happen on many levels. For Ken personally, and to give him a reward for his perseverance. And for Honda to finally break the curse.

|

2/7/2021 10:49 AM

cjg23307 wrote:

Kenny 2021 champion.

According to the statistics posted last week, with 3 wins, Kenny now has a 75% probability of securing the C-ship.

|

2019 KTM 150 SX
2019 Husqvarna TX300
2015 Yamaha YZ 250

2/7/2021 12:10 PM

You could make a strong case for Roczen winning 5 out of the first 6 races, he tailed Barcia the entire race at Rd.1 and led the entire race apart from the last half a lap at Rd.3. He’s been consistently performing at an extremely high level

|

2/7/2021 1:38 PM

Looking more and more like Kens year.... Happy to see this.

My order for who I'd most like see win the championship (yeah yeah, I know, points/standings not withstanding right now)

Ken Roczen
Zach Osborne
Marvin Musquin
Justin Barcia
Cooper Webb

|

I was raised just off HWY 126 in Valencia during the 80's.

2/7/2021 2:27 PM

^^^^ You realize you just used the word "Idolatry" when you have a Tomac #1 plate avatar right?

|

I was raised just off HWY 126 in Valencia during the 80's.

2/7/2021 5:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2021 5:10 PM

With the Houston and Indy races being two 'three-in-a-week' formats, there is no testing and riding during the normal downtime in the week. I think that Ken's (and Hondas) testing and prep is showing how well they did. Webb in contrast got the new air shock it mentioned several times that they were still dialing things in.

That said, Matthes mentioned last night (Steve Matthes - Indy SX3 Review Podcast @58:30) that Bobby Piazza bought a used bone stock 250F off of Facebook marketplace (from a guy that used to do mud bogs with it) and makes the main at Houston 3. Go figure. w00t

|