Roczen

TerryB
Edited Date/Time 1/5/2020 5:06pm
Seemed tentative and overly cautious. Smartly, just trying to survive A1?

I had Kenny and AC as faves for this title, but I didn't see any of the smooth, precise and aggressive riding he displayed at RBSR. Yes, that event was a series of sprints, I know, but it looked like a completely different guy.

I guess I expected guns-blazing.
|
Crush
1/5/2020 4:04am
Still think his Honda looks like shit in rutty difficult conditions. Looks awesome in big whoops and test tracks. Same the last few years.

Brayton’s doesn’t look the same either.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
1/5/2020 4:05am
Was just way off in the whoops. Don't know why he kept jumping them
kongols
1/5/2020 4:15am
He was agressive and moving up to the point where Friese started blocking him for three laps, that lead to Webb passing both of them. Roczen has done this in a past where he gets pissed off and thrown off his game. No bueno.
burnside
1/5/2020 4:39am
kongols wrote:
He was agressive and moving up to the point where Friese started blocking him for three laps, that lead to Webb passing both of them. Roczen...
He was agressive and moving up to the point where Friese started blocking him for three laps, that lead to Webb passing both of them. Roczen has done this in a past where he gets pissed off and thrown off his game. No bueno.
Passed by Webb no less to start off the season. The sick guy who was supposed to be easier to beat last night.

The Shop

MechEng
1/5/2020 4:45am
kongols wrote:
He was agressive and moving up to the point where Friese started blocking him for three laps, that lead to Webb passing both of them. Roczen...
Friese ended the night in 10th, strange to fight the factory bike while running 4th if you don't have the speed to stay up front. Made Roczens job more difficult, allowed Webb an opportunity and ends with no Honda's on the podium. Maybe it's on Roczen though, I dunno...
1/5/2020 4:55am
kongols wrote:
MechEng wrote:
Friese ended the night in 10th, strange to fight the factory bike while running 4th if you don't have the speed to stay up front. Made...
Friese ended the night in 10th, strange to fight the factory bike while running 4th if you don't have the speed to stay up front. Made Roczens job more difficult, allowed Webb an opportunity and ends with no Honda's on the podium. Maybe it's on Roczen though, I dunno...
I'm not a fan of Friese, but these guys are racing! He can block Roczen all day long if he wants to. If Roczen is deserves to be in front of Friese he'd better pull his finger out and make the pass happen.
Motofinne
1/5/2020 5:31am
Crush wrote:
Still think his Honda looks like shit in rutty difficult conditions. Looks awesome in big whoops and test tracks. Same the last few years. Brayton’s doesn’t...
Still think his Honda looks like shit in rutty difficult conditions. Looks awesome in big whoops and test tracks. Same the last few years.

Brayton’s doesn’t look the same either.
I hope a journalist takes the chance and asks him what they have been doing for testing this off season, have they only tested on perfect tracks all time long or what? He was so, so bad in the whoops once they broke down.
Mavetism
1/5/2020 5:31am
3 riders passed him in the whoops, that's what happened. Was heartbreaking and unusual to see. He will be fine i think.
ATKpilot99
1/5/2020 5:41am
He was a little off from the start but it looked to me like he was having a hard time hanging onto the bike those last few laps. Hell Tomac almost caught him . Smile
Crush
1/5/2020 5:52am
Guys don’t overthink it. It’s round 1. Settle down guys
Maybe it is, or maybe it looked like a lot of rounds last year...
1/5/2020 6:00am
Crush wrote:
I agree with that. Roczen begin 2020 like he rides last year. Maybe I'm false but he's probably not anymore a championship guy since his big crash. I hope not but the brain never forget.
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
1/5/2020 6:03am
Crush wrote:
And we’ve also seen Barcia win A1 twice and that resulted into nothing. Nothing is never really proven at A1. Its more of a survival night for all of these guys. I hope kenny is good to go but we can’t jump the gun on 1 race.
1/5/2020 6:06am
Crush wrote:
I really really really want Kenny to win this year...and your comment stings cause I think it’s true. He looked better than Webb until he reached Friese, then the over cautious riding started.
Premix
1/5/2020 7:09am
It’s one race. Hard to judge anything by this. BUT, Kenny threw out the anchor second half of the race. Had Brayton not gotten bumped by Ando after the whoops and Tomac has 2 more laps, he gets beat by both of them no question.

Laps times tell no lies:

toroP
1/5/2020 7:21am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2020 7:22am
He rode like he had arm pump. Made passes early, then went into survival mode.
downard254
1/5/2020 7:33am
Premix wrote:
It’s one race. Hard to judge anything by this. BUT, Kenny threw out the anchor second half of the race. Had Brayton not gotten bumped by...
It’s one race. Hard to judge anything by this. BUT, Kenny threw out the anchor second half of the race. Had Brayton not gotten bumped by Ando after the whoops and Tomac has 2 more laps, he gets beat by both of them no question.

Laps times tell no lies:

Hey Premix, throw Friese's individual times in there too. He was actually running a pretty good pace and had a solid single lap fast time. I think Vince has really upped his game, and with his solid starts, guys are going to have to deal with him a lot this winter I suspect.
Patrick461
1/5/2020 7:57am
Roczen gets 6th after a bad start moves up. Then back Tomac was a non factor but it’s Roczen that is game over but Tomac it’s just getting out healthy you guys drink ELi coolaide
Premix
1/5/2020 8:02am
downard254 wrote:
Hey Premix, throw Friese's individual times in there too. He was actually running a pretty good pace and had a solid single lap fast time. I...
Hey Premix, throw Friese's individual times in there too. He was actually running a pretty good pace and had a solid single lap fast time. I think Vince has really upped his game, and with his solid starts, guys are going to have to deal with him a lot this winter I suspect.
Friese has always been a great starter. The field is so deep though, 9-12 is where I see him most of the mains with the random top 8. He also cross jumped 3 last night in heat 1. Old habits die hard.

FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
1/5/2020 8:11am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2020 8:26am
I wrote in another topic about how I thought Ken's forks were staying too low in the stroke and packing through the whoops from the start of the night. It got worse as the whoops deteriorated.
1/5/2020 8:14am
Frisée is a pain to watch. Rides a wide bike and is difficult to pass. The guys are usually stuffing him to get by. I enjoy when they do.
tek14
1/5/2020 8:21am
Roczen maybe not 100% healthy after all, seems he had zero agression after couple laps and faded at end.
Hope im wrong but seems he isnt back in full swing.
8tensolutions
1/5/2020 8:25am
It looked like he got tired/arm pump/or just mentally off for whatever reason. Hoping he will shake it off and come back strong in St. Louis.
str8line
1/5/2020 8:34am
I agree, he looked like he was struggling bad out there. Arm pump or he hasn't sorted his chronic fatigue.
toroP
1/5/2020 8:37am
I’m pulling for Ken, but his positive talk about his health/injuries feels forced to me.
Maybe he’s a guy just trying to salvage a career.
Jeez, I hope I’m wrong(likely, because I know nothing). Would be great to see him win a title.
motogrady
1/5/2020 8:48am
Roczen has been hurt, very bad.
It's nice to think the doctors have fixed him, physically, back to 100%. It's nice to think he can put those injuries completely out of his head.
Maybe yes, imo probably not.

#3, daddyitus can't be helping with his speed.

It's just a new generation takin over.
SoCalMX70
1/5/2020 8:57am
Looked tired. Also, pretty sure I said "get out of that line!" every time he hit the first whoop section... It was really frustrating to watch him tip toe through there.
DA498
1/5/2020 8:58am
I never got that hes 100% from any of the press conference or pre race videos. It sucks and I want him to be up there. Still early but it is for everyone else too. Great race last night, cant wait until next weekend.
1/5/2020 9:04am
I was really hoping for big things because the sport needs a healthy, dominant Ken Roczen just like it needed McGrath 30 years ago. Unfortunately, it sure looks to me like the injuries have gotten the better of Kenny. If he isn’t rested up and ready to go at A-1, the situation won’t improve as the year grinds on. IMO, if Honda realized that he was fight Epstein Barr or some other type of chronic fatigue illness, and they planned to extend his contract, they should have sat him out for the outdoor nationals so he could heal up. I wouldn’t have blamed Honda for cutting him, but if they planned to move ahead with Kenny, they needed to help him get back into fighting shape. I hope I’m wrong, but 2020 sure looks like it will be a rough year for 94.

Post a reply to: Roczen

The Latest