Rocky Mountain MC - Customer Service Kudos (Update)

Related:
Create New Tag

6/27/2018 3:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/27/2018 3:34 PM

- Ordered some product(s) last Monday 6/18 to freshen up some supplies for the next 3 or 4 months.

- Forgot a few things and placed a 2nd order Tues. 6/19. I did notice, however, that the ship to address was my old address down in San Jose. I changed it to the correct address up here, but realized I better check the Monday order. Sure enough, the Monday order had the San Jose ship to address.

- I called Rocky Mountain, Tues 6/19 morning and explained the mix-up. They were a bit surprised as well, since I've had 13 orders (in the last 9 years) that were shipped to the proper address up here in Sacramento. I don't recall having to change the ship to address on everyone of those...even the one I had as recent as March this year.

- The rep I talked to determined the Monday order was in Salt Lake City, Utah (in transit) and contacted the shipping company to re-route the ship to address to the proper Sacramento address.

- We (me and the rep) both thought the Monday order would be delivered Thurs. 6/21. I didn't receive the shipment, so I checked the tracking and, sure enough, it was delivered to the wrong address in San Jose.

- I called Friday morning, actually talked to the same rep (wish I wrote down her name) and she was super bummed. She said, "can you just go pick it up?" I politely said, "It's about 3 hours away no-traffic and who knows if it's even there and I had assurance the shipment would be re-routed."

- She said, "Hold on". She came back on the phone in about 5 minutes and said, "I talked to my manager. We're sending you a duplicate of the Monday order, no charge" I was floored. It was the right thing to do in my eyes, but it could have been so much worse. I had nothing in writing. It was her word, mine and the assurance she received from the shipping company.

- Part of the duplicate order arrived this Monday 6/25 and the rest of the order came today Wed. 6/27. They did use a different shipper.

Thanks Rocky Mountain. I've been a customer for 14 years. Looking forward to the next 14 and beyond!

|

6/27/2018 3:44 PM

Nothing but great experiences with RM. I order everything from them. EVERYTHING.. My local dealer is known for shady deals so it's nice to be able to tell him to pound sand.

|

2018 CRF250R

6/27/2018 3:48 PM

Jeez, sounds awesome. I have fudged up with other companies on the ship to address and its ALWAYS been " we shipped to the address you chose or entered so thats that".

Respect

|

6/27/2018 6:11 PM

Love rm. Only place I buy from. Even sometimes rm not being the cheapest on different items. They have awesome shipping period.

|

6/27/2018 6:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/27/2018 6:40 PM

RM uses OnTrac and OnTrac is terrible out here, usually several days late and at least one in four is 'lost'. My RM account is setup to use FedEx as default, but half the time they send OnTrac and I can't count on anything that I might need within a week or two. Bums me out because I used to love using RM.

|

6/27/2018 6:42 PM

WELL if you want to save money off the website pricing with rocky mountain. PM me your order & zip

|

6/27/2018 6:50 PM

DTR830 wrote:

WELL if you want to save money off the website pricing with rocky mountain. PM me your order & zip

Does that go for anyone?

|

6/27/2018 6:55 PM

I like RMC, but noticed they no longer show OEM parts for Husqvarna. Most KTM parts are the same, but not all.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

6/27/2018 7:02 PM

mx317 wrote:

I like RMC, but noticed they no longer show OEM parts for Husqvarna. Most KTM parts are the same, but not all.

hope they still sell husky stuff, they are where i get all my oem stuff from..

|

6/27/2018 7:36 PM

I had a large order ready to go and for some reason it wouldn’t recognize my email that has been used for many years so I could not log in. So I called RM and had a similar experience, the girl was supper friendly and checked everything out for me and said she didn’t understand why it wouldn’t work... she said I’ll do the order for you. So about a half hour later we were still going through part numbers and quantities. She was awesome and understanding after I apologized more than once. That was the day I decided I would always order from them... that was an awesome experience!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

6/27/2018 7:45 PM

Only time I do not use RM is when they do not carry what I am after. I usually get items in a few days and the customer service has always been great. No complaints here.

|

6/27/2018 7:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/27/2018 8:02 PM

The fact is that these companies aren't taking business, they are earning it. It isn't moto but it applies. I ordered a Karcher pressure washer from Amazon. I had it in my cart for a while and it went from $220 to $140 so, I jumped on it. After following the tracking, it was stuck as shipped but it never went anywhere. After a little over a week, I got in touch with Amazon. Their offer was a replacement. The only problem was they Amazon itself no longer offered it. It was only available through third parties and was $100 over what I paid. Long story short, I was able to use their online chat and kept up the "I just want what I bought at the price I paid" After a couple of pauses to get approvals, they refunded me my price plus the difference to the price of the third party seller.

|

6/27/2018 8:39 PM

DTR830 wrote:

T-Fish wrote:

Does that go for anyone?

yes email if you wish mxpro117@gmail.com

|

6/27/2018 10:00 PM

Chaparral is 5 minutes from my house and i still order from RMATV. Unless i need a oem part urgently.

|

6/28/2018 8:11 AM

mx317 wrote:

just talked to him via fb, they said its a website issue and are working on it.

|

6/28/2018 8:26 AM

great people over there. i had an order where i called and added an item after placing the order online. rather large amount of $$ and it was accidentally shipped to an old apartment in another state! when i realized the package had been delivered to the wrong state i let them know and they re ordered all my parts at no cost to me. didn’t even pay shipping. i’ll be a long time customer, and i’m only 20.

|

6/28/2018 9:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/28/2018 11:00 AM

Update:

Got a call from the home owner that now owns the home in San Jose. He got my number off the shipping label. I was stoked! It was one big box that had all the stuff (oils/filters/stickers, etc.) that I had ordered and (mistakenly / with the shippers help) was delivered there.

I'm going down there this weekend to pick it up, so I can add to my stocking levels!.......NO. Karma and riding/racing motorcycles go hand in hand with this Vet rider/mxer. cool

Called Rocky Mountain this morning and asked to talk to the same rep that handled / coordinated all the above details in my first post. Barbara (she likes to go by Bobby) was ecstatic and she said "You just made my day!". I gave her the necessary contact info of the San Jose home owner. She called back (on my way into work this morning) and said he's super nice and they're getting the label / return ship details coordinated.

That's about it, time to get back to work. Have a good day everyone!

|

6/28/2018 9:46 AM

RMC is totally awesome....I use them A lot! Many orders are on my doorstep in 2 days... Always free shipping...I do want my local shop to survive also, so I buy some large ticket items from him locally a few times a year...

|

6/28/2018 9:58 AM

mx317 wrote:

slothy wrote:

just talked to him via fb, they said its a website issue and are working on it.

It's back up with Husky

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

6/28/2018 1:29 PM

Nothing but top notch support from RMATVMC. I have spent about 15k with them over the last 3 years, they are always my first choice. I do miss the old rewards system, I would hit gold status by May and that added up the rewards quick.

|