Rocky Mountain ATV is great to work with

Related:
Create New Tag

1/23/2020 4:52 PM

So I buy all of my pre-printed numbers/back grounds from Rocky Mountain via attack graphics. I’ve bought tons of them over the years and have never had an issue.

Well, I just bought a YZ450FX, and I’m getting ready for race season in a month or so and needed some numbers...I got them back and the front number plate looked like this:

Photo

Not a huge deal at all...but it goes without saying that the font on the last name should be bigger and stretched out.

So I called Rocky Mountain...and two days later this what’s on my door step...looks way better. They didn’t charge me any money, they covered shipping, no questions asked:

Photo

This is why they get my business...

|

1/23/2020 5:24 PM

Me too
Attack graphics, primary drive, tusk parts have all been great for me

|

1/23/2020 5:32 PM

It may seem small, but that's big. Have had great encounters with RM ATV/MC over the years too. They "get it".

|

1/23/2020 5:35 PM

That is interesting because I had the same issue/complaint in November and got nowhere. I have a KTM and they put my last name on the upper left side of the plate instead of the top right as I had requested in the notes (pretty standard for KTM). Called customer service and got transferred in a circle before finally being told that not all requests can be honored and that their designer will put the name where they see fit. I don’t even have a long last name, either.

|

1/23/2020 5:40 PM

I, too, have had really good experiences with them. I couldn’t find anyone that could touch their price on the new MX53s...got’em for a great piece and on my front porch in 2 days .

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

1/23/2020 5:44 PM

They make life easy but like Amazon they are hurting the little guys. I try to buy my stuff from my local shops as much as possible and usually they will price match Rocky Mountain.

|

1/23/2020 5:44 PM

holeshot413 wrote:

Me too

Have you used tusk clutch’s?

|

1/23/2020 5:57 PM

str8line wrote:

They make life easy but like Amazon they are hurting the little guys. I try to buy my stuff from my local shops as much as possible and usually they will price match Rocky Mountain.

Rocky Mountain is my local shop. Their Utah warehouse is 30 minutes from my front door.

|

1/23/2020 6:13 PM

str8line wrote:

Titan1 wrote:

Rocky Mountain is my local shop. Their Utah warehouse is 30 minutes from my front door.

I know. I order from Rocky Mountain sometimes too but lately I've tried to give my business to these guys, who are mostly within 30 minutes of Lehi too. I'll call them first to see if they stock a product. They have been doing a good job of price matching RMATV.

Edge Powersports

Moto United

Cycle Gear

Monarch Powersports

Wright's Cycle

Renegade Sports

|

1/23/2020 6:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2020 6:27 PM

Not to hijack Titan, but how's that YZ450FX working for you? Any moto? Gearbox/ratios good? Handling/Susp.? etc. Looks like a great do-it-all bike for moto/offroad asks.

|

1/23/2020 6:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2020 6:39 PM

str8line wrote:

That's nice, but I don't have time to drive 40 minutes to the shop, stand in line, and drive 40 minutes home every time I need parts. I like that I can order and have a box 2 days later waiting when I get home. Head into the garage and get to work.

Last month I got a Vertex piston kit for the boys' 85. The circlips were missing. RMATV shipped out a set no cost and I had them in a day. Can't image what I'd have had to deal with at the local shop to address this. Lots of time for sure.

Been shopping with them for years and my wife would kill me if she saw the total spent. smile I rarely shop anywhere else. They have the customer service side down better than almost anyone.

Hammer

|

1/23/2020 6:34 PM

str8line wrote:

Titan1 wrote:

str8line wrote:

I know. I order from Rocky Mountain sometimes too but lately I've tried to give my business to these guys, who are mostly within 30 minutes of Lehi too. I'll call them first to see if they stock a product. They have been doing a good job of price matching RMATV.

Edge Powersports

Moto United

Cycle Gear

Monarch Powersports

Wright's Cycle

Renegade Sports

They are all great...But they won’t deliver to my house. I have to drive to get it.

I do swing by local shops and pick up oil/goggles/gloves/tear offs/etc. so I do spend money at some of those shops.

|

1/23/2020 6:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2020 6:57 PM

Ted722 wrote:

Not to hijack Titan, but how's that YZ450FX working for you? Any moto? Gearbox/ratios good? Handling/Susp.? etc. Looks like a great do-it-all bike for moto/offroad asks.

I love it so far. No moto on it (unless you count desert turn tracks). My only complaint is that it acts like a 450 in slow technical single track (it’s a handful)...everywhere else it’s amazing!...no complaints on gearing ratios (I don’t ever feel any gaps...though 1st gear is LOW! And I’ve topped it out at 88mph.)...handles great! Stock suspension is good...I liked it better brand new, it’s softened up as it’s broken in. I probably won’t revalve it though, and I’ll just ride/race it stock, so it’s really pretty good.

I love the power tuner app...I found a great app online that helps a ton in tight single track (takes away that “lurch” right as you open the throttle that 450’s are notorious for), and being able to switch apps on the fly, at the push of a button is so nice...it’s like riding two bikes at once.

I’ll probably drop in a Rekluse clutch at some point...that makes a 450 rideable in even the most technical trials.

|

1/23/2020 7:01 PM

str8line wrote:

Hammer 663s wrote:

That's nice, but I don't have time to drive 40 minutes to the shop, stand in line, and drive 40 minutes home every time I need parts. I like that I can order and have a box 2 days later waiting when I get home. Head into the garage and get to work.

Last month I got a Vertex piston kit for the boys' 85. The circlips were missing. RMATV shipped out a set no cost and I had them in a day. Can't image what I'd have had to deal with at the local shop to address this. Lots of time for sure.

Been shopping with them for years and my wife would kill me if she saw the total spent. smile I rarely shop anywhere else. They have the customer service side down better than almost anyone.

Hammer

I hear ya, and I've spent a small fortune over the last 10 years with RMATV too. And it is so easy. But lately I've just tried to support my local shops. I've also cut way back on buying stuff from Amazon.
|

1/23/2020 10:28 PM

Ted722 wrote:

Titan1 wrote:

I love it so far. No moto on it (unless you count desert turn tracks). My only complaint is that it acts like a 450 in slow technical single track (it’s a handful)...everywhere else it’s amazing!...no complaints on gearing ratios (I don’t ever feel any gaps...though 1st gear is LOW! And I’ve topped it out at 88mph.)...handles great! Stock suspension is good...I liked it better brand new, it’s softened up as it’s broken in. I probably won’t revalve it though, and I’ll just ride/race it stock, so it’s really pretty good.

I love the power tuner app...I found a great app online that helps a ton in tight single track (takes away that “lurch” right as you open the throttle that 450’s are notorious for), and being able to switch apps on the fly, at the push of a button is so nice...it’s like riding two bikes at once.

I’ll probably drop in a Rekluse clutch at some point...that makes a 450 rideable in even the most technical trials.

I installed a G2 dirt throttle tamer in my 450FX. The less aggressive throttle cam was a big help in technical stuff. Cured the jerky on-off feeling.

|

1/24/2020 5:49 AM

Prices are great..I was in need of some oem parts and they were 30% off retail. Tempting but I still ordered from my local dealer. I get a discount but not that much.

|

"A rule is a rule and without rules, there is Chaos"....Cosmo Kramer

1/24/2020 6:25 AM

Luke_Richards wrote:

I have used many tusk clutches, they are fine.

|

kcco

1/24/2020 6:30 AM

RMATV standard shipping is usually less than 24 hours to Vegas so I use them all the time. I have never had an issue with an order except one time on their end the system was acting funny and when I completed the purchase it erased the cart but still charged me the money. I called and was polite about it, the girl was very helpful and manually entered the parts I needed, which took almost 30 minutes, on her end and I still received everything the next day!

|

Never try to argue with idiots; they will only bring you down to their level.....and being more experienced, they will beat you at their own game!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

1/24/2020 6:41 AM

The amount of money my local dealers get from me on BS OTD fees on new bikes gives me no hesitation buying from RMATV. RMATV has great pricing, top notch customer service, and remarkable delivery speed. As others have said, it's too easy to spend money with them.

I'm all for support small local businesses, but that doesn't mean I'm going to pay 50-100% more for the same thing I can buy online. I work just as hard for my money as anyone else, so why am I supporting you if you're really just taking more of my money away? Were in the midst of an e-commerce revolution, and it's evolve or die at this point.

|

Two wheels, tacos, and tubes

1/24/2020 7:19 AM

holeshot413 wrote:

Me too

Luke_Richards wrote:

I have, multiple times in all my bikes. I like them alot. I'm a C Class rider however hard on the clutch. Never had an issue. Highly recommend

|

1/24/2020 7:26 AM

Rocky Mountain is awesome to work with. Motosport and Rocky Mountain are great between the two of them.

|

1/24/2020 8:00 AM

Ted722 wrote:

Titan1 wrote:

drop a Radius CX in that hog, bro!

i've never had a Rekluse but the 450XC i bought at the end of last year had one and i don't think i'll go without one now. just amazing.

|

1/24/2020 8:43 AM

Is Rocky Mountain still using On Trac for west coast deliveries? If so I won't bother buying from them until they kick On Trac to the curb. Way too many lost packages, delivered to the wrong address, 10 day delivery times (when packages get misplaced), etc. Not worth the headache, and their customer service is hit and miss. On Trac failed to deliver so many packages over a 12 - 18 month period of time I actually got blacklisted for 6 months from Rocky Mountain! LOL

|

1/24/2020 9:14 AM

Ted722 wrote:

Titan1 wrote:

Interested to see that map! I race single track as well, and right now I'm just using the smooth map that comes with the Power Tuner app.

|

Current Rides: 2019 YZ450F & 2015 YZ250
Past Rides: 2018 YZ125, 2007 YZ250, 2005 YZ250F

1/24/2020 10:04 AM

Ted722 wrote:

Titan1 wrote:

peelout wrote:

drop a Radius CX in that hog, bro!

i've never had a Rekluse but the 450XC i bought at the end of last year had one and i don't think i'll go without one now. just amazing.

That’s the one I’d use!

I love every rekluse I’ve ever had.

|

1/24/2020 10:06 AM

Ted722 wrote:

Titan1 wrote:

GripNRip617 wrote:

Interested to see that map! I race single track as well, and right now I'm just using the smooth map that comes with the Power Tuner app.

I found it on thumper talk and Ive been impressed by it (best I’ve found so far). It’s not perfect (I still feel like a rekluse is needed to really make it great in techy single track), but a drastic improvement over even the mild or smooth map.

Photo

|

1/24/2020 12:45 PM

str8line wrote:

My local shop is Temecula motorsports. Besides the clueless chicks at the front and the Instagram cool guys at the parts counter that place sucks. Took 3 guys to get me my oil filter. What’s the need for a local shop when I can get everything to me in two days? Majority of the time the local shop has nothing stocked

|

1/24/2020 2:20 PM

I don’t buy much from my local dealer because they suck. Charge over MSRP, offer no discounts. Make me pay in full for a $2 Bolt before they will order. Makes it easy for me to give my money to on online shop that offers great prices, shipping and service. A lot of local shops need to up their game and strategy to adapt to a new market place and buyer. If you think you can keep doing biz the way you always have you are bound to fail.

|

1/24/2020 5:26 PM

Tuna wrote:

I don’t buy much from my local dealer because they suck. Charge over MSRP, offer no discounts. Make me pay in full for a $2 Bolt before they will order. Makes it easy for me to give my money to on online shop that offers great prices, shipping and service. A lot of local shops need to up their game and strategy to adapt to a new market place and buyer. If you think you can keep doing biz the way you always have you are bound to fail.

My local dealer was like that too. Ive used RM for years now and they are super solid, priced good and here in 2 days pretty much every time. My local dealer just changed ownership and told our mc club that all club members get a big discount. I kinda rolled my eyes a little. I put togeather a list of shit I needed and priced it all on RM... almost $600 on the dot, took it to the dealer and they ordered it all, the same brands and everything for $485 with my discount!!! They said that they are trying to get business back from online and that making a little money is better than making no money at all. Im impressed and happy and told them they now have my business back.

|

1/24/2020 5:33 PM

NorCal1975 wrote:

Is Rocky Mountain still using On Trac for west coast deliveries? If so I won't bother buying from them until they kick On Trac to the curb. Way too many lost packages, delivered to the wrong address, 10 day delivery times (when packages get misplaced), etc. Not worth the headache, and their customer service is hit and miss. On Trac failed to deliver so many packages over a 12 - 18 month period of time I actually got blacklisted for 6 months from Rocky Mountain! LOL

Same here, but it's a regional problem, because many outside of California have far better results. The Sacramento warehouse in particular needs to be set on fire.

|