Rocky Mountain ATV - WTF?!?

jtiger12
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 9:57pm
Just sent this email out to their sales staff

To: sales@rockymountainATV.com

It is with regret, that I write this letter to you. I have ordered items from rocky mountain ATV before, and I always thought the operation was solid. Your site really makes it easy to order parts for a specific model, and track orders online. It is what originally brought me to order parts online. That being said, I just canceled my $185 order (Invoice number xxxxxx), due to the poor customer service I received.

I called to add 2 more items to my order (another $120), and cross reference a renthal handlebar purchase. I was told that I could not add any other items to the order, even though it was still being processed! This is the first business I have dealt with that would not sell me more merchandise, before shipping my order. When I asked to get the renthal part number for Rocky Mountain Item (Renthal Twinwall Handlebar CR High Bend Black Part# 1060230016) I was told that you cannot do a vendor part # lookup. A cross reference of a part number should be a SIMPLE, routine task for the customer support staff to do, I am shocked at this lack of basic service with such a nice web “façade”.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXX

|
4/15/2008 7:32am
just wondering, if you are emailing them directly, and already told Rocky Mountain how you feel, why post your email on a public message board?
jtiger12
4/15/2008 7:43am
are you serious? it's public forum. nobody will hear about this stuff unless we discuss it. If they resolve the issue, I will post the response as well.

If this post saves someone else from wasting an hour and possibly 20-30 bucks in shipping, its done it's job.
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
4/15/2008 7:51am
I would have cancelled the order, then submitted another one with everything i need. What's the difference?

The Shop

jtiger12
4/15/2008 8:17am Edited Date/Time 4/15/2008 8:19am
Crash82 wrote:
I would have cancelled the order, then submitted another one with everything i need. What's the difference?
I would be willing to do that, if I could know for certain that the bar I was ordering was the correct one. PitPosseMotorSports lists the renthal number on their page with their internal number. It took me 30 seconds to find the correct bar.
YamieRider411
4/15/2008 8:22am
Once the order gets sent to the warehouse, I imagine, it might be hard to update. As for the dumb asses they hire to answer the phones, you get what you pay for...
APLMAN
4/15/2008 8:26am
jtiger12 wrote:
Just sent this email out to their sales staff To: sales@rockymountainATV.com It is with regret, that I write this letter to you. I have ordered items...
Just sent this email out to their sales staff

To: sales@rockymountainATV.com

It is with regret, that I write this letter to you. I have ordered items from rocky mountain ATV before, and I always thought the operation was solid. Your site really makes it easy to order parts for a specific model, and track orders online. It is what originally brought me to order parts online. That being said, I just canceled my $185 order (Invoice number xxxxxx), due to the poor customer service I received.

I called to add 2 more items to my order (another $120), and cross reference a renthal handlebar purchase. I was told that I could not add any other items to the order, even though it was still being processed! This is the first business I have dealt with that would not sell me more merchandise, before shipping my order. When I asked to get the renthal part number for Rocky Mountain Item (Renthal Twinwall Handlebar CR High Bend Black Part# 1060230016) I was told that you cannot do a vendor part # lookup. A cross reference of a part number should be a SIMPLE, routine task for the customer support staff to do, I am shocked at this lack of basic service with such a nice web “façade”.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXX

So you've done business with them before, always been satisfied, then have one small glitch and have a meltdown?

4/15/2008 8:28am
i know that when i order from motosport outlet, they normally claim the order is still being processed, but they are so good about pushing product out that its boxed up with a shipping label on it 30 minutes after i order.

i dont know what to tell you about the dealer part numbers. maybe they didnt have that on hand.
breck
4/15/2008 8:39am
Once the ball gets rolling on an order ( i.e. being picked) its hard to stop!
Suns_PSD
4/15/2008 9:05am
It's free shipping on everything over $100 so just make another order, no biggie.

Your destined to be one of those old men who writes a lot of letters complaining about nothing.
mx317
4/15/2008 9:42am
Suns_PSD wrote:
It's free shipping on everything over $100 so just make another order, no biggie. Your destined to be one of those old men who writes a...
It's free shipping on everything over $100 so just make another order, no biggie.

Your destined to be one of those old men who writes a lot of letters complaining about nothing.
Exactly, just do another order.

Post a reply to: Rocky Mountain ATV - WTF?!?

The Latest