Rockwell/Nuclear Blast/Yamaha + Stankdog + Slayer

dimetime
10/12/2019 2:38pm
Slayer dudes are good guys. Used to go to their shows at some little punk/metal club of Knott&Ball in Anaheim, l think, when they were still doing mostly covers amd wearing make up. My buddy got to know them pretty good and l used to tag along.

First time l got to meet Tom, my buddy was dropping off a tape of his band to Tom in Southgate. He asked if l wanted to go. Not going to lie, l was a little imtimidated going to meet literal Satan. We get to what's his Moms house and she let's us in and it's just the homiest little house with plastic on the furniture and crocheted little things all over. I was spinning. Then here comes Satan down the stairs and he's smiling ear to ear and greets with that big old laugh of his and he gives off that we've known each other a long time vibe. Immediately felt at home and we talked for hours.

The Zenith was when we got backstage passes for both nights when they opened for Judas Priest at the Forum, 1990?, and then Irvine Meadows the next night. Just fucking amazing. Dave Lombardo is a super nice guy too. Jeff and Kerry were always cool but distant. Tom was just always to coolest dude. And that fucking laugh.
MX Culture
10/12/2019 3:03pm
Since someone else resurrected the post, I'll add that there is more to come in 2020 and maybe even some new band collabs.
DD
\../

The Shop

Post a reply to: Rockwell/Nuclear Blast/Yamaha + Stankdog + Slayer

The Latest