Rockstar Energy Triple Crown - SX Tour, Round 3 Quebec City

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/9/2018 1:57pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Verdict is in concerning the Thompson/Facciotti incident. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/11/09/301408/s1200_MRC_ColtonCole.jpg[/img] Bullshit!
Verdict is in concerning the Thompson/Facciotti incident.

Bullshit!
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing What a waste of time! Such a joke.
lestat
11/9/2018 3:22pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Verdict is in concerning the Thompson/Facciotti incident. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/11/09/301408/s1200_MRC_ColtonCole.jpg[/img] Bullshit!

Bullshit!
mattyhamz2 wrote:
That series is garbage . They just made it official .
tkimb
11/9/2018 3:39pm
Bunch of farmers. Hope they feel some repercussions in some way because of this.
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
629th
11/9/2018 4:41pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Bullshit!
So are you upset with the results being upheld? Or the lack of fine?

If it’s the former, maybe you can shed some light on this for me. It is my understanding that the MRC rulebook says that the transponder line is the official finish line. In Gualdy’s article he said that the transponder line awarded Cole the win and the referee made the decision that night to uphold the transponders scoring. Why would the referee overturn the transponder results with zero evidence of transponder malfunction?

The fine, whatever. Maybe he deserved a fine, maybe he didn’t. That was for the jury to decide and I can see people being upset with the verdict on that.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
11/9/2018 5:33pm Edited Date/Time 11/9/2018 5:43pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Bullshit!
shiftmx_22 wrote:
So are you upset with the results being upheld? Or the lack of fine? If it’s the former, maybe you can shed some light on this...

If it’s the former, maybe you can shed some light on this for me. It is my understanding that the MRC rulebook says that the transponder line is the official finish line. In Gualdy’s article he said that the transponder line awarded Cole the win and the referee made the decision that night to uphold the transponders scoring. Why would the referee overturn the transponder results with zero evidence of transponder malfunction?

The fine, whatever. Maybe he deserved a fine, maybe he didn’t. That was for the jury to decide and I can see people being upset with the verdict on that.
Lack of fine and no penalty/points taken away. They made it clear that there was to be no dirty riding. In fact they did so by increasing the fine amount x4 in order to discourage anyone from riding like an asshat.

If you're going to change the rules the day of the event, enforce them.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
11/9/2018 5:43pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Bullshit!
mattyhamz2 wrote:
lestat wrote:
That series is garbage . They just made it official .
I don't know if it's garbage but I think they're going about the new series the wrong way.

This summer we only had 9 outdoor rounds and I was told that apparently they want even less outdoor rounds going forward. Really stupid if you ask me.
Bineano
11/9/2018 5:52pm
They had the perfect chance to save face TWICE and blew it big time. Sad.
tkimb
11/9/2018 5:59pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I don't know if it's garbage but I think they're going about the new series the wrong way. This summer we only had 9 outdoor rounds...
I don't know if it's garbage but I think they're going about the new series the wrong way.

This summer we only had 9 outdoor rounds and I was told that apparently they want even less outdoor rounds going forward. Really stupid if you ask me.
Terrible decision for a series here, not like the indoor stuff is SX, it's tiny arenas with 20 second lap times and small crowds.
I hope Colt comes back, even at least just for the outdoors to smoke cole.
MK128
11/9/2018 6:04pm
Should have fined Thompson the 20K so they could pay back some of the riders they still owe money to from rounds months ago.
TeamGreen
11/9/2018 6:24pm
I just heard that Digger hired Vince Friese to ride for GDR Honda at Hamilton and Vince will be bringing his 2019 MCR Honda CRF450R.

Someone tell Cole that TLD has really good "protection" to wear under his gear...

I'm jus' sayin'...

I've gotta go bool tickets on United. This is gonna be good!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
11/9/2018 6:25pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I don't know if it's garbage but I think they're going about the new series the wrong way. This summer we only had 9 outdoor rounds...

tkimb wrote:
Terrible decision for a series here, not like the indoor stuff is SX, it's tiny arenas with 20 second lap times and small crowds. I hope...
Terrible decision for a series here, not like the indoor stuff is SX, it's tiny arenas with 20 second lap times and small crowds.
I hope Colt comes back, even at least just for the outdoors to smoke cole.
I'd love to see Colt sign a new contract like Benoit did and just race outdoors. Would give him time with the family and still allow him to race.

Even if the tracks were full size SX, we don't have the population/interest to fill out arenas/stadiums. I'd imagine it costs a lot more to put on an event indoors than at an outdoor track.

In my opinion, the outdoor nationals should be a minimum of 10 rounds. I also think calling 4 "SX" races a series is pretty laughable.

Trying to scale too fast?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
11/9/2018 6:31pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I just heard that Digger hired Vince Friese to ride for GDR Honda at Hamilton and Vince will be bringing his 2019 MCR Honda CRF450R. Someone...
I just heard that Digger hired Vince Friese to ride for GDR Honda at Hamilton and Vince will be bringing his 2019 MCR Honda CRF450R.

Someone tell Cole that TLD has really good "protection" to wear under his gear...

I'm jus' sayin'...

Since Cole already has the 100k in the bag I wasn't planning on watching the final round but I might just tune in. Hopefully Wright gets to line up on the 450 as well since "team tactics" are now out the window.
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
629th
11/9/2018 6:41pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Bullshit!
shiftmx_22 wrote:
So are you upset with the results being upheld? Or the lack of fine? If it’s the former, maybe you can shed some light on this...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Lack of fine and no penalty/points taken away. They made it clear that there was to be no dirty riding. In fact they did so by...
Lack of fine and no penalty/points taken away. They made it clear that there was to be no dirty riding. In fact they did so by increasing the fine amount x4 in order to discourage anyone from riding like an asshat.

That’s understandable.
XC706
Fantasy
668th
11/9/2018 8:46pm
Stally just popped another bottle of Dom and can not stop belly laughing. What a disgrace for Canadian moto, I don't even think the CMA could screw up this bad......okay, they could but thats another discussion.
Been racing and following CDN moto since the early 70's and my son and I would usually hit up a couple of the pro nationals. I think we will take a pass on the Jetwerks series next year, maybe hit Washougal instead.
The only good thing that could happen now is Vince goes into full torpedo mode.
malachi177
11/9/2018 9:18pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Lack of fine and no penalty/points taken away. They made it clear that there was to be no dirty riding. In fact they did so by...

Agreed, the part that really comes across as suspect is them going out of their way to show that a Thompson wasn't present in the "meeting". IMO credibility was lost.
Ray_MXS
11/12/2018 7:31am
Just read the RacerX article and looked this stuff up. Surely lost all respect I had for Cole. Didn't even go check on Colton after that asshat move. Not to mention all this wierd family BS.
crockett
11/12/2018 7:45am
Making a Motocrosser
This injustice is worse than the Steven Avery case!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/12/2018 7:49am
TeamGreen wrote:
I just heard that Digger hired Vince Friese to ride for GDR Honda at Hamilton and Vince will be bringing his 2019 MCR Honda CRF450R. Someone...

I'm jus' sayin'...

LOL!! That's going to end well!

How many points back is Filthy?
11/12/2018 8:15pm
Man. TOTALLY lost respect for Cole and family. What a bunch of clowns. And, it reinforces how classy Colton has been as Canadian champ, and as a person.

What a joke.
USA
Fantasy
507th
11/13/2018 4:41am Edited Date/Time 11/13/2018 4:42am
Can anyone explain this in a way without shedding bad light on the Thompson family? Coming at this from an unbiased perspective, even only looking at the true facts, I can’t imagine a way to do so.

I guess the only good thing out of this is now I know there’s a Canadian Supercross series. I’ll probably never watch it though. Surprised any sponsors back this sort of thing.
lestat
11/13/2018 8:28am
This ruling has opened up a can of worms that is going to come back and bite the ass of the Thompson family business . They have just ruled that punting a guy off the face of a jump ... is totally ok . No penalty , no points deduction , no fine , nothing . Think about that .
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/13/2018 8:43am
lestat wrote:
This ruling has opened up a can of worms that is going to come back and bite the ass of the Thompson family business . They...
This ruling has opened up a can of worms that is going to come back and bite the ass of the Thompson family business . They have just ruled that punting a guy off the face of a jump ... is totally ok . No penalty , no points deduction , no fine , nothing . Think about that .
Wrong... They ruled that their family member is allowed to do it and it's okay. Anyone else would be fined and if it was the other guy fighting for the championship against their brother, they would hire someone to put that guy in the stands at the next race.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
11/13/2018 9:24am
Non Thompson related news. Cade Clason will be riding a YZ250 2t at the last round.
malachi177
11/13/2018 10:16am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Wrong... They ruled that their family member is allowed to do it and it's okay. Anyone else would be fined and if it was the other...
Wrong... They ruled that their family member is allowed to do it and it's okay. Anyone else would be fined and if it was the other guy fighting for the championship against their brother, they would hire someone to put that guy in the stands at the next race.
I really do wonder what would happen if the shoe was on the other foot.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/13/2018 10:17am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Wrong... They ruled that their family member is allowed to do it and it's okay. Anyone else would be fined and if it was the other...
malachi177 wrote:
I really do wonder what would happen if the shoe was on the other foot.
I'd say the exact opposite of what happened in this case

Post a reply to: Rockstar Energy Triple Crown - SX Tour, Round 3 Quebec City

The Latest