Rockstar Energy Triple Crown - SX Tour, Round 2 Delaware

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
Edited Date/Time 9/22/2018 8:06pm
If you're looking for something to watch there's some Canadian SX/AX going on.

http://rockstartriplecrown.com/live.html

Alessi is still recovering from a crash and is not racing but Goerke, Filthy Phil, Facciotti, Medaglia, etc. are there.

Schedule
|
canciaro
9/22/2018 5:42pm
Wheres Cade Clason and that Sky Team? Are they not doing the SX rounds?

I know Alessi is hurt and Benoit is also injured/scared of supercross tracks but it Seems like there is less riders than the AX portion of the season but this track actually looks like a great track and wish I could have gone, its less than 2 hours from me.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/22/2018 5:48pm
canciaro wrote:
Wheres Cade Clason and that Sky Team? Are they not doing the SX rounds? I know Alessi is hurt and Benoit is also injured/scared of supercross...
Wheres Cade Clason and that Sky Team? Are they not doing the SX rounds?

I know Alessi is hurt and Benoit is also injured/scared of supercross tracks but it Seems like there is less riders than the AX portion of the season but this track actually looks like a great track and wish I could have gone, its less than 2 hours from me.
Most of the teams are based in Ontario with KTM being in Quebec. The SKY Holeshot team is based out of British Columbia and that's why I think they're not doing the SX portion of the tour.

There's 4 rounds.

Montreal
London/Delaware which is tonight
Quebec City on November 3rd
Hamilton on November 17th
canciaro
9/22/2018 5:56pm
Yeah I mean that makes sense but if I were a rider this and Montreal are looking like actual supercross races and Id expect more riders to have made the race. Rather than having the races in Quebec and Hamilton in bigger floor spaced hockey arenas the series next year should look at holding more SX rounds at these Canadian Tire Nascar tracks, they really did a nice job with the space plus the crowd gets a good view.

The Shop

djc
9/22/2018 6:13pm
Thanks for the link. Man the lighting on that track is horrible
canciaro
9/22/2018 6:20pm
djc wrote:
The outdoor lighting isnt great but ive seen just as bad on the Australian supercross races at some rounds. Whats bad is that Start/Finish line jump face, that thing is crumbling lol. Rest of the track looks pretty good honestly, a lot more jumps than I expected.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/22/2018 6:36pm
Matt Goerke

Goerke and Facciotti battling in heat 2.

JWRM
9/22/2018 6:38pm
Rad! Thanks for the heads up.
canciaro
9/22/2018 6:39pm
Literally every guy on the 250 main lineup fist bumped each other before the race start. Only in Canada
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/22/2018 6:44pm
djc wrote:
Next 2 rounds will be much brighter since they'll be taking place in hockey arenas.

They'll have more of an AX layout which is to be expected but the reason they're called SX as opposed to AX is because the AX series that took place earlier in the year take place in horse arenas with less seating and smaller track layouts. The last 2 rounds will have a more "supercross" feel.

We don't have many big stadiums in Canada and we also don't have the population/interest to fill them out (as seen in Montreal) unless it's Major League sports
canciaro
9/22/2018 6:56pm
Yeah exactly which is why races like tonight at these outdoor venues may actually make more sense and have them around local fair dates which Id assume in Ontario would be busy in September-October.

Having the final 2 rounds in November obviously facilitate an indoor venue but id say for future schedules move the dates closer so these guys are done by early to mid October.

Overall its quite entertaining, and with the US Arenacross series being done (for now) you would think some riders would come out for the SX rounds if they made them on bigger tracks like the one tonight.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/22/2018 6:59pm
250 Main Event Podium

1- Jess Pettis
2- Shawn Maffenbeier
3- Logan Karnow

Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
9/22/2018 7:00pm
The livestream is working great.

I gotta say, Maff's gear looks awesome. How come Tomac can't wear any good colorways? always seems to have red/green together
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/22/2018 7:09pm
canciaro wrote:
Yeah exactly which is why races like tonight at these outdoor venues may actually make more sense and have them around local fair dates which Id...
Yeah exactly which is why races like tonight at these outdoor venues may actually make more sense and have them around local fair dates which Id assume in Ontario would be busy in September-October.

Having the final 2 rounds in November obviously facilitate an indoor venue but id say for future schedules move the dates closer so these guys are done by early to mid October.

Overall its quite entertaining, and with the US Arenacross series being done (for now) you would think some riders would come out for the SX rounds if they made them on bigger tracks like the one tonight.
Fairs in Ontario start in late May to mid October. I think the reason they have the late rounds is so the riders don't have much downtime. Last round is on November 17th and the AX series this year started in February.

Previously we didn't have AX and SX and only the MX portion of the series. Riders would spend all winter training and getting ready for the MX series which would start in late May early June. That makes for a lot of downtime racing. The new organization wants to grow the sport in Canada and one way to do that is to add some races.

I agree with you that some of the guys from the States should come up to race those events especially if it's within a reasonable amount of hours from their home.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/22/2018 7:11pm
Ramrod wrote:

I gotta say, Maff's gear looks awesome. How come Tomac can't wear any good colorways? always seems to have red/green together
Take a look at the set Maffenbeier is wearing in the pics I posted higher up. That white one looks really good.
canciaro
9/22/2018 7:21pm
Yeah Im just thinking this has been a pretty good first season for this Canadian Series after the minimal exposure the old MX only series had.

If they just improve the quality of the AX tracks and maybe work on some of the locations/dates and timing of these SX rounds since they have like 6 weeks off now until Quebec then I would say they have had a successful transition year. Looks like Dollarama just came on as a corporate sponsor too.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/22/2018 7:30pm
450 Main Event Podium

1- Cole Thompson
2- Colton Facciotti
3- Phil Nicoletti
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
9/22/2018 7:39pm
Ramrod wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Take a look at the set Maffenbeier is wearing in the pics I posted higher up. That white one looks really good.
Exactly! That’s the pic I looked at, he looks great
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
9/22/2018 7:42pm
A couple corners looked really dry and slick.

I liked this track. I think year two for this organizing group will only get better. It’s a good series.

Post a reply to: Rockstar Energy Triple Crown - SX Tour, Round 2 Delaware

The Latest