Robby Marshall qualifies 5th in 450 class

The working man qualified 5th, excited to see this race.
|
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
6/30/2018 9:23am
Would you put him on your Fantasy team ?
Can he last 2
30 minute motos in the 90+ degree heat ?

The Shop

6/30/2018 9:30am
Tarz483 wrote:
Can he last 2
At an 18 handicap, he will be on my team. He knows the smooth lines. He can ride this track tired at a 20th position pace all day IMO.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
6/30/2018 9:56am
Couldn't be happier for him! He is a great person and truly a hard working man! Was very cool to see them give him a segment during the practice show. If you need a track built you will not get more for your money than RAM TRAX! Hoping for a strong finish for him today!

Yes he is on my fantasy pick too!
6/30/2018 10:23am
Tarz483 wrote:
Can he last 2
I put him on mine.... his last 3 Southwick results have been like 20th, 21st, 23rd or something like that.. so 18pt handicap bodes well for that... Add in the depleated field. Marshall actually has placed 5th and 11th in the big boy class years back at The Wick
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
6/30/2018 10:59am
This happens every year with a local from there. The b guys go first usually and get an almost flat track to ride. Didn’t a local guy qualify 2nd a year or two ago? Or even held the top spot for most of practice? Not trying to take anything away from Robby at all. Just happens every year
Doddy
6/30/2018 11:02am
Happy for the guy, bummed he's not on a smoker though.
Kawi15
6/30/2018 11:06am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
This happens every year with a local from there. The b guys go first usually and get an almost flat track to ride. Didn’t a local...
This happens every year with a local from there. The b guys go first usually and get an almost flat track to ride. Didn’t a local guy qualify 2nd a year or two ago? Or even held the top spot for most of practice? Not trying to take anything away from Robby at all. Just happens every year
Yeah, I remember that there was a lot of whining around here because of it.
Kawi15
6/30/2018 11:57am
20th moto 1.. so good choice for you fantasy guys.
6/30/2018 12:06pm
Kicking myself for not grabbing Canning too.. He did well at Muddy Creek last week. However, I did pick Ryan Dowd who got me max points, and I took a gamble on a kid from Rhode Island, Tristan Lane. Started the race in 36th but the kid battled all through the race to finish 24th.. 18pt handicap so 6th place double points - I'll take it
6/30/2018 12:59pm
Doddy wrote:
Happy for the guy, bummed he's not on a smoker though.
He was last year. Great guy and he just picked up the 450 a few months back I believe. He’s nice and pretty cool to talk to.
b_kowalsk
6/30/2018 1:55pm
Seems to have finished about the same as he usually does on the two stroke...
6/30/2018 2:07pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
This happens every year with a local from there. The b guys go first usually and get an almost flat track to ride. Didn’t a local...
Mike Sotile qualifies 1st on the 450 a few years back.
MB19
Fantasy
1645th
7/1/2018 8:26am
Robby was actually in the 450 A practice which was the 3rd practice so the track was already starting to get beat up. He was with all the big dogs so people can't use the, smooth first practice excuse.
chrislauro134
7/2/2018 6:08am
Kicking myself for not grabbing Canning too.. He did well at Muddy Creek last week. However, I did pick Ryan Dowd who got me max points...
Kicking myself for not grabbing Canning too.. He did well at Muddy Creek last week. However, I did pick Ryan Dowd who got me max points, and I took a gamble on a kid from Rhode Island, Tristan Lane. Started the race in 36th but the kid battled all through the race to finish 24th.. 18pt handicap so 6th place double points - I'll take it
Tristan Lane is from Florida Wink I'm from RI and I raced, trust me, I know lol
7/2/2018 6:30am
Kicking myself for not grabbing Canning too.. He did well at Muddy Creek last week. However, I did pick Ryan Dowd who got me max points...
Tristan Lane is from Florida Wink I'm from RI and I raced, trust me, I know lol
You're right, my bad, there was another RI racer that I was eyeballing but didn't take because qualifying time didn't look promising. Maybe it was you?? LOL... No disrespect man, in fact you sir are a fucking badass for even being on that track with those dudes. I remember now that I went with Lane because he was a FL guy so I hoped he'd fair well in the conditions.
chrislauro134
7/2/2018 7:55am
You're right, my bad, there was another RI racer that I was eyeballing but didn't take because qualifying time didn't look promising. Maybe it was you...
You're right, my bad, there was another RI racer that I was eyeballing but didn't take because qualifying time didn't look promising. Maybe it was you?? LOL... No disrespect man, in fact you sir are a fucking badass for even being on that track with those dudes. I remember now that I went with Lane because he was a FL guy so I hoped he'd fair well in the conditions.
Haha nope it wasn't me! I raced the 250 class (qualifying times were not hot, but the LCQ was great until I crashed in the same spot as Tomac), it could have been Shane Kelleher or James Manni. Not many Pro License holders in the state of RI! Lane rode really well and I practiced at the same track as him mid week. Lorenzo Loccurico was the real head turner though coming from NO WHERE to 7th in the 1st moto. Great day at the races Smile
7/2/2018 9:54am Edited Date/Time 7/2/2018 9:58am
I believe 2 RI riders made it, I think there was a Walter White out of Jamestown and Joshua Berchem from W. Greenwich who qualified in the 250 class.
chrislauro134
7/2/2018 10:09am
I believe 2 RI riders made it, I think there was a Walter White out of Jamestown and Joshua Berchem from W. Greenwich who qualified in...
I believe 2 RI riders made it, I think there was a Walter White out of Jamestown and Joshua Berchem from W. Greenwich who qualified in the 250 class.
Correct! Raced them both my whole career. I was just referring to the 450 class guys for his fantasy picks Smile
7/2/2018 10:51am Edited Date/Time 7/2/2018 10:54am
Walter White is a good rider, placed 6th at last NESC race, certainly qualified well. Ryan Dowd was impressive as well, picked him because noticed he rode both 250 and 450 pro at last NESC race, so figured he was in decent shape.

Chris Canning was REALLY impressive 2nd moto. Got a bad start, still came through the pack to 13th I believe. Rumor was this may be Marshall's last hurrah at the pro national. Props to Joey Crown as well, placed well riding a 350.
7/2/2018 12:23pm
Walter White is a good rider, placed 6th at last NESC race, certainly qualified well. Ryan Dowd was impressive as well, picked him because noticed he...
Walter White is a good rider, placed 6th at last NESC race, certainly qualified well. Ryan Dowd was impressive as well, picked him because noticed he rode both 250 and 450 pro at last NESC race, so figured he was in decent shape.

Chris Canning was REALLY impressive 2nd moto. Got a bad start, still came through the pack to 13th I believe. Rumor was this may be Marshall's last hurrah at the pro national. Props to Joey Crown as well, placed well riding a 350.
I was blown away with Chris coming back and fighting his way back through the pack.

And I would guess that is true about Robbie. He’s moving more towards the family life and he’s busy with RamTrax afaik. I would if we’ll see his son at Wick in a decade...

Post a reply to: Robby Marshall qualifies 5th in 450 class

The Latest