Robbie Reynard is one moto away...

racinstation
Fantasy
1912th
Edited Date/Time 8/13/2020 6:48pm
From winning the highly competitive +25 class at Loretta Lynn's.................................on a YZ125!
|
Money
8/3/2016 7:25pm
hopefully stroupe is ok from his crash and if so he gonna smoke reynard
whammy
8/3/2016 7:26pm
He won some AMA nationals on a 125 as well...
racinstation
Fantasy
1912th
8/3/2016 7:30pm
Money wrote:
hopefully stroupe is ok from his crash and if so he gonna smoke reynard
Wishing Stroupe the best on and off the track. He is fast, but the 'ol bald guy on the 11 year old bike will probably prevail in this one.
vetmxr
8/3/2016 7:32pm
Reynard is badass......go get em buddy. That's a statement there boys.....125 ...Reynard is not a small Human either...

The Shop

BobPA
8/3/2016 7:45pm
It is cool and all, but it is a bummer that class is being taken over by a ton of ex pros who have already had their time to shine. I think they should leave that class for the average joe
JohnnyD13
8/3/2016 7:55pm
BobPA wrote:
It is cool and all, but it is a bummer that class is being taken over by a ton of ex pros who have already had...
It is cool and all, but it is a bummer that class is being taken over by a ton of ex pros who have already had their time to shine. I think they should leave that class for the average joe
Yeah! That way it would be like a regular weekend race that nobody would watch or talk about.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
8/3/2016 7:56pm
BobPA wrote:
It is cool and all, but it is a bummer that class is being taken over by a ton of ex pros who have already had...
You know, I was right there with you, until recently. It really only happens in this one class at LL's that only happens once a year. Sounds weird, but this is about the only race for former favorites to get together at the same time. It is actually turning into one of my favorites as I think it shows past fast guys that started out like the rest of us, for the fun if it. I never thought about it but RR doing it on a 125 even adds more to it. I see both sides but I say let them have this class and the other "over" classes for the mortals.
scooter5002
8/3/2016 8:01pm
whammy wrote:
What year and track was it, when he handed second place to RC? Not many can lay claim to that. Epic ride by RR.
8/3/2016 8:03pm
This is not derogorative at all,

As a matter of intrest for all us heavier riders dwelling if we are too big for a 125.
How much would Robbie weigh?
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
8/3/2016 8:06pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2016 8:16pm
whammy wrote:
What year and track was it, when he handed second place to RC? Not many can lay claim to that. Epic ride by RR.
Unadilla. 98 ish. I know the track is right but guessing on the year.

Robbie is pretty stout. Stout enough that he certainly isnt doing himself any favors on a 125. If I had to guess, maybe 185-200 lbs? Ball park any way. He destroyed them in the mud today.

Robbie is probably living the most ironic MX life of anyone right now. He had so many injuries that took so much out of his career early, yet he is still racing and riding.

racinstation
Fantasy
1912th
8/3/2016 8:09pm
BobPA wrote:
I agree to a certain extent. As stated above, it is cool to see some of these past heroes mixing it up with each other. I think they need some new classes. I was looking at +25, +30, +40, +45, and +50. All of them are STACKED!!! I was thinking where a mid level (skill) rider like myself would fit in, and there is not a good spot. I saw a local series had a +40B class with 2 skill level divisionsSmile Most of us would just like to run a timed practice and then take ourselves and everybody slower than us to one class and push all the faster guys into a higher class so we can grab some of that sweet brass!
BobPA
8/3/2016 8:10pm
BobPA wrote:
JohnnyD13 wrote:
Yeah! That way it would be like a regular weekend race that nobody would watch or talk about.
Yeah, because there is nothing to talk about at the ranch....

Shouldn't you be more concerned with the top prospects in the sport, as opposed to a bunch of pros who used to race at the highest level now running an "amateur" race.

Make a +25 never held an ama license class and a +25 ripper (ex pro) class
cmarona463
8/3/2016 8:15pm
Hey don't count Chad Ward out. He's been flying this week and if he can get another start and Reynard stumbles like he did in moto 1 and can be interesting
RCB33
Fantasy
139th
8/3/2016 8:20pm
What time is the moto on...I gotta see this one.
Crush
8/3/2016 8:33pm
BobPA wrote:
Disagree.

There are plenty of other classes for the guys going up, if you haven't made it by the time you're 25 plus, when the fuck were you going to make it?
USMCMXer
8/3/2016 9:20pm
BobPA wrote:
JohnnyD13 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
Yeah, because there is nothing to talk about at the ranch.... Shouldn't you be more concerned with the top prospects in the sport, as opposed to...

Shouldn't you be more concerned with the top prospects in the sport, as opposed to a bunch of pros who used to race at the highest level now running an "amateur" race.

So the amateur "national champion" in an age category should be a lot slower than someone his same age? RR17 is almost 40 and winning +25 on a bike 1/4 the displacement of his competition. If this somehow annoys you or you think it's "wrong" you're just bitter. At the end of the day it is for a title, fastest guy wins. And just to be clear, this is coming from someone who would love to mix it up for a title there, but I'll never beat a lot of those guys. Best I can claim is 6th OA in 2010 in +30.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
8/3/2016 9:22pm
BobPA wrote:

BobPA
8/3/2016 9:33pm
Bitter, nah my racing ship has sailed long ago and u am cool with it. But, you made my point in your first sentence....it is an "amateur" national championship......amateurs have not won motos on a professional level.

Best I can claim at LL is a ticket to go in 2005 in 250B....but I was unable to attend.

You are somehow amazed that a dude who won at the highest level is still able to win motos at an "amateur" event. I have nothing personal against any of the pros out there...I just think the class structure should be different.

jeffro503
8/3/2016 9:49pm
BobPA wrote:
JohnnyD13 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
Yeah, because there is nothing to talk about at the ranch.... Shouldn't you be more concerned with the top prospects in the sport, as opposed to...

I don't agree with this at all. If you sign up for +25 , you know damn well who may show up. And what "prospects" are you talking about , in the +25 class? There isn't any....any where.

There are a lot of retired pro's out there that still love this sport , and want to race against guys their same age. Where would you put Robbie? In the 250 A class , against 16yr olds? What class is available right now that you would feel comfortable putting him in?
Tmick
8/3/2016 10:14pm
I live at Robbie reynards track, I have seen him ride a total of 3 times since he made lorettas this year. Between grooming tracks and training Austin Forkner, Justin bogle, Benny Bloss and Colt Nichols and all the 85 riders at RTC. he has very little time to even take a break from the daily grind, Let alone ride. he's riding a bone stock 125. The bike blew up last week. So there running a stock motor. So for Robbie to go out and win a Moto. When he's having snow cones during the week and eating snicker bars. It's pretty incredible. Hats off to Robbie!
dboivin
8/3/2016 10:43pm
BobPA wrote:
JohnnyD13 wrote:
BobPA wrote:

boohoo i want all the fast guys to stay home so i have a chance at a trophy....get over it. i'd be honored to line up next to someone like RR.

so sick of the whining about this.
rpawley
8/3/2016 10:43pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2016 10:50pm
Tmick wrote:
I live at Robbie reynards track, I have seen him ride a total of 3 times since he made lorettas this year. Between grooming tracks and...
I live at Robbie reynards track, I have seen him ride a total of 3 times since he made lorettas this year. Between grooming tracks and training Austin Forkner, Justin bogle, Benny Bloss and Colt Nichols and all the 85 riders at RTC. he has very little time to even take a break from the daily grind, Let alone ride. he's riding a bone stock 125. The bike blew up last week. So there running a stock motor. So for Robbie to go out and win a Moto. When he's having snow cones during the week and eating snicker bars. It's pretty incredible. Hats off to Robbie!
all of that natural talent the announcers would always mention during his pro days, between talking about injuries.... bummer he never stayed healthy
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
8/3/2016 11:06pm
BobPA wrote:
I agree to a certain extent. As stated above, it is cool to see some of these past heroes mixing it up with each other. I...
I agree to a certain extent. As stated above, it is cool to see some of these past heroes mixing it up with each other. I think they need some new classes. I was looking at +25, +30, +40, +45, and +50. All of them are STACKED!!! I was thinking where a mid level (skill) rider like myself would fit in, and there is not a good spot. I saw a local series had a +40B class with 2 skill level divisionsSmile Most of us would just like to run a timed practice and then take ourselves and everybody slower than us to one class and push all the faster guys into a higher class so we can grab some of that sweet brass!
i think this is the point of LL.

its too weed out back runners and slow people,

now while i do feel that ex pros are at a slight advantage, they need a place to go racing. Shocking i know. but i think MX sports has done a decent job of corralling them to a class where they are matched, instead of sending them against old amatuers.

another issue is there isnt enough of them scrambling to head back to LL to justify an Ex pro class. Obviously when most guys retire they've had their fill and are done, but if someone wants to keep racing for fun....what make him play by himself? it would be awesome to have a legends class, but the racing we'd want to see dissappeared when these guys decided were done.

kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
8/3/2016 11:14pm
It would be one thing if RR was the only ex-pro, or close to it, but that class is stacked with former pros like Byrne, Stroupe etc. He is almost 40 but he is racing in class almost 15 years his junior and on a 125 ( or whatever size). Cool story and fun to follow.

Correct me if Im wrong, but didn't this topic get addressed and it was determined that the other vet age classes were off limits? Like they could only ride 25+ and Pro-Am or something like that.
philG
8/4/2016 12:05am
I was watching the other day and there is some guy riding for MotoConcepts in 450C .. how does that work , surely if he is C he is barely there at all.

Post a reply to: Robbie Reynard is one moto away...

The Latest