Road to SX points

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
Edited Date/Time 10/25/2018 3:55pm
Saw a local pro post on IG that he couldn't race any SX in 2019 since AX went away all of his SX points were set back to 0 by the AMA. Now he has to earn all of points back through SX futures.

Why wouldn't they allow the guys that have made points already, keep them? These guys and families travel across the country trying to earn these points, spending all kinds of money to do it and then take it away from them? They should have been grandfathered in and then earn the rest through futures, not a full reset of points.
|
pkiczuk
10/25/2018 12:49pm
Well that's shitty...like, super shitty. They need to fix that, if they felt like he deserved those points when Arenacross was around, why would they possibly take them away and not let him race Sx?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/25/2018 12:50pm
pkiczuk wrote:
Well that's shitty...like, super shitty. They need to fix that, if they felt like he deserved those points when Arenacross was around, why would they possibly...
Well that's shitty...like, super shitty. They need to fix that, if they felt like he deserved those points when Arenacross was around, why would they possibly take them away and not let him race Sx?
That's what I'm saying. If he already earned them, he should be able to keep them
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
10/25/2018 2:14pm
Did the original Road to Supercross points expire each season? Sorry, I don't know. Seems like they shouldn't. If not, he should definitely get to keep them.

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/25/2018 2:17pm
Falcon wrote:
Did the original Road to Supercross points expire each season? Sorry, I don't know. Seems like they shouldn't. If not, he should definitely get to keep...
Did the original Road to Supercross points expire each season? Sorry, I don't know. Seems like they shouldn't. If not, he should definitely get to keep them.
As far as I know, they didn't expire. I'm pretty sure another local pro took two years to get his points by only going to a few of the closer rounds.
motomike894
10/25/2018 2:58pm
The AX points had to be earned in a 12 month time frame I do know that.

But if earned enough points already then he should be able to get it, if he didn't then I guess I see why they are making him go thru it again, the Futures Sunday thing is going to be a cluster fuck at most rounds I imagine.

So many people are going to be trying to get it, AX was a cluster most the time, plus the way they tame the tracks down for amateur sx nothing to separate anyone as much either.

Its a pretty dumb ordeal in my opinion, if you can prove your ability on a sx track and already have a outdoor license and or have qualified for a national I don't see any reason you shouldn't be able to get a SX license too.

Since they are all about making more money they are missing out on quite a lot by being so picky about it.

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/25/2018 3:03pm
The AX points had to be earned in a 12 month time frame I do know that. But if earned enough points already then he should...
The AX points had to be earned in a 12 month time frame I do know that.

But if earned enough points already then he should be able to get it, if he didn't then I guess I see why they are making him go thru it again, the Futures Sunday thing is going to be a cluster fuck at most rounds I imagine.

So many people are going to be trying to get it, AX was a cluster most the time, plus the way they tame the tracks down for amateur sx nothing to separate anyone as much either.

Its a pretty dumb ordeal in my opinion, if you can prove your ability on a sx track and already have a outdoor license and or have qualified for a national I don't see any reason you shouldn't be able to get a SX license too.

Since they are all about making more money they are missing out on quite a lot by being so picky about it.

I agree with your last two sections. If you can ride the nationals, why should you have to earn points to even try to race SX? That makes zero sense to me. Money grab for the promoter
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
629th
10/25/2018 3:07pm
Found this in the 2017 rulebook, couldn't find anything in the 2018 rulebook.

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/25/2018 3:09pm
shiftmx_22 wrote:
Found this in the 2017 rulebook, couldn't find anything in the 2018 rulebook. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/10/25/298363/s1200_Capture.jpg[/img]
Found this in the 2017 rulebook, couldn't find anything in the 2018 rulebook.

So by that, If he had made points at the later rounds, he still had plenty of time at the first rounds to make his points which I believe is his case. So either way, he's screwed and has to start all over.
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
629th
10/25/2018 3:21pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
So by that, If he had made points at the later rounds, he still had plenty of time at the first rounds to make his points...
So by that, If he had made points at the later rounds, he still had plenty of time at the first rounds to make his points which I believe is his case. So either way, he's screwed and has to start all over.
Kind of a crappy deal. I guess maybe with the new program they just decided to start everyone fresh. That does leave a handful of guys in limbo.

Has he tried reaching out to anybody at AMA? Surely there has to be others that are getting hosed the same way. Some clarification on that would help a lot of people out.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/25/2018 3:24pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
So by that, If he had made points at the later rounds, he still had plenty of time at the first rounds to make his points...
shiftmx_22 wrote:
Kind of a crappy deal. I guess maybe with the new program they just decided to start everyone fresh. That does leave a handful of guys...
Kind of a crappy deal. I guess maybe with the new program they just decided to start everyone fresh. That does leave a handful of guys in limbo.

Has he tried reaching out to anybody at AMA? Surely there has to be others that are getting hosed the same way. Some clarification on that would help a lot of people out.
I'm not sure if he's tried reaching out or not, but I'd have to think they at least tried after finding out he was back at 0 points. Agreed that it's a crappy deal, especially because I'm sure there are more guys other than him. All the time and money spent is basically thrown out the window.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/25/2018 3:44pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Saw a local pro post on IG that he couldn't race any SX in 2019 since AX went away all of his SX points were set...
Saw a local pro post on IG that he couldn't race any SX in 2019 since AX went away all of his SX points were set back to 0 by the AMA. Now he has to earn all of points back through SX futures.

Why wouldn't they allow the guys that have made points already, keep them? These guys and families travel across the country trying to earn these points, spending all kinds of money to do it and then take it away from them? They should have been grandfathered in and then earn the rest through futures, not a full reset of points.
Just as an FYI, I've heard that points earned in the past will carry over...but those haven't been released yet, and it may be as late as mid-December before you see them.

I was also told that they last for up to two years.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/25/2018 3:45pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Saw a local pro post on IG that he couldn't race any SX in 2019 since AX went away all of his SX points were set...

GuyB wrote:
Just as an FYI, I've heard that points earned in the past [b]will[/b] carry over...but those haven't been released yet, and it may be as late...
Just as an FYI, I've heard that points earned in the past will carry over...but those haven't been released yet, and it may be as late as mid-December before you see them.

I was also told that they last for up to two years.
I sure hope that's how it works out.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/25/2018 3:55pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I sure hope that's how it works out.
Let's just say I have high confidence that the info I got is good. Smile
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/25/2018 3:55pm